What I really love about Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

What I really love about Super

Post by Saturnine » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:52 am

No pace-breaking distractions! If this was Z, we'd already have gotten several cuts to Yamcha, Trunks and Goten fighting off some pointless fodder defending the island back on Earth. In fact, I'm surprised we haven't had any yet anyway. I gotta say though, I'm really thankful for that.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: What I really love about Super

Post by TheMikado » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:07 am

Saturnine wrote:No pace-breaking distractions! If this was Z, we'd already have gotten several cuts to Yamcha, Trunks and Goten fighting off some pointless fodder defending the island back on Earth. In fact, I'm surprised we haven't had any yet anyway. I gotta say though, I'm really thankful for that.
I miss those the most. It was awesome seeing the cut sways because it was thematic scene where it reminds the viewers what the people are fighting for and that they are thinking of them. For instance I'd love to see a short cut away where Bulma is caring for the baby, she's crying and Bulma shows her a picture of Vegeta. She stops crying, laughs and holds the picture. The camera zooms in on the image of Vegeta and then fades into live action of Vegeta getting pummeled by an opponent in the tournament of power, but defiantly stands up, wipes the blood from his lip and powers up.

It drives home the point that Vegeta, in this scenario is really fighting to preserve something and another notch in the character development belt.