People are getting tired of Goku and here is why

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: People are getting tired of Goku and here is why

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:27 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:This arc is not about Goku but Team Universe 7 surviving so they should get more equal screen time.
So that justifies people being rude to the writers does it?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:30 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:This arc is not about Goku but Team Universe 7 surviving so they should get more equal screen time.
No it does not, but they better not be adding Goku in to places where it is not in the script.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
No,we should not trow pitchforks rather we just need to use legit criticism,sending death threat or calling them retarded is just childish
Mostly active on discord.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Kanassa wrote:
sintzu wrote:The Z fighter's fght against Nappa.
The last part of the fight against Vegeta.
A good amount of Namek.
Most of the android/Cell arc.
The middle part of the Buu arc.

Goku was unquestionablly the main character of DBZ but unlike Super's anime, he wasn't forced into everything and each of the other characters got their fair share of screen time.
Other character are getting their fair share of screen time. And in Z? Goku dominated the series even when he wasn't there, no matter the arc one of two things are happen: Cutting back to Goku on his way to the fight, all the character whining about Goku not being there.
Thankfully the manga is following this writing style and isn't trying to be GT 2.0 like its anime counterpart.
Yes, because you consider a character being 'forced into everything' and other characters getting little screen time bad when it's not Vegeta.
I think TFS Cell said it best: sit and wait for Goku.

Seriously, the cast in Z were cannon fodder and existed to fill time until Goku arrived, which reduced Goku from a character to a plot device.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Goku was a plot device only in Saiyan arc and Namek arc. It was clear he would have gotten the main fight in those arcs.
Those are among my favorite arcs and I actually don't mind Goku being used like that, though I'm actually loving Goku in this arc and they obviously have to show him more than the others considering he's the main character, is the one responsible for this tournament starting and his personality makes it understandable why he's fighting as many people as possible.
Though I wished the episodes had more cut backs to other characters, to at least foreshadow their future battles and to show us what they are up to.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:56 pm

The last episode was the most egregious example of forcing Goku into the something that he really didn't need to be in.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:59 pm

emperior wrote:Goku was a plot device only in Saiyan arc and Namek arc. It was clear he would have gotten the main fight in those arcs.
Those are among my favorite arcs and I actually don't mind Goku being used like that, though I'm actually loving Goku in this arc and they obviously have to show him more than the others considering he's the main character, is the one responsible for this tournament starting and his personality makes it understandable why he's fighting as many people as possible.
Though I wished the episodes had more cut backs to other characters, to at least foreshadow their future battles and to show us what they are up to.
He was a plot device in the Android/Cell Saga too. First Toriyama's came up with a contrived reason for Goku to become sick later than he should, and then had Goku allow Vegeta and Trunks to go first in the Hypobolic Time Chamber when he didn't need to. Worse, no one got stronger except Piccolo since only Goku mentioned the Hypobolic Time Chamber.

Being a plot device isn't limited to Goku beating the final foe.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Ppl on Gamefaqs are scum but the Ultra Goku Defense Wank Force on Kanzenshuu is better, ok?

As expected if you say something against all mighty Goku on this site your a villain, haha.

As if Goku gave a single fuck Gowasu got erased, your big Hero.
The guy only cares about his selfish fighting boner and jokes about Vegeta staying with Bulma as she was pregnant.

Bunch of hypocrites ya are all.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:08 pm

Ppl on Gamefaqs are scum but the Ultra Goku Defense Wank Force on Kanzenshuu is better, ok?
Okay, who's wanking off GOku here? At most people have said "He's the main character"
Vegeta-Sama wrote:As expected if you say something against all mighty Goku on this site your a villain, haha.
Really? This is a big spanning problem of Kanzenshuu/ Wow, that's terrible. I'm sure you can provide mountains of evidence to support that people who say something against Goku, they're treated like villains.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:10 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Asura wrote:Gamefaqs is like the Mos Eisley of the gaming/anime websites. Nothing but scum and villainy, and trash. No one really takes that website seriously.
Derogatory comments about other communities is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
Was more or less just a Star Wars joke, but okay. The other half of the joke is GameFAQs is a website solely dedicated to walkthroughs, guides, discussions, etc. about video games, so whenever a discussion about something unrelated to video games pops up in GameFAQs it's mostly not taken very seriously since the people are there to discuss video games and aren't exactly the most knowledgeable about other things. That, and GameFAQs was one of those websites everyone went to back in the day when they were kids. Hence why there's been a lot of memes about discussions on GameFAQs which have nothing to do with video games and provoking some strange discussions. It's like the equivalent of going to a random youtube video about Z vs Super and pointing at the comments and saying "Look! People are tired of Super!" - Doesn't really mean anything, not something to take very seriously.

No offense but this isn't the first time you've warned me about jokes or statements that I've made where you've taken it the complete wrong way, and it's getting a wee bit annoying that I keep getting verbally warned for things taken out of context.
Last edited by Asura on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:Ppl on Gamefaqs are scum but the Ultra Goku Defense Wank Force on Kanzenshuu is better, ok?

As expected if you say something against all mighty Goku on this site your a villain, haha.

No one on the "UGDWF"(Ultra Goku Defense Wank force) goes on a tirade and makes entire threads about how much they hate Vegeta or any other character. Vegeta fans always seem really hostile towards Goku but it's rare that I see Goku fans have problems with Vegeta.

No one called you a villain or even suggested it. It's just silly to complain that the main character is involved in the events of his own Show.

Vegeta-Sama wrote:As if Goku gave a single fuck Gowasu got erased, your big Hero.
The guy only cares about his selfish fighting boner and jokes about Vegeta staying with Bulma as she was pregnant.
See no one on the side of Goku insulted Vegeta or you but you has no issues, not only bashing Goku and even insult the writers, but talking down to his fans.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Okay, who's wanking off GOku here? At most people have said "He's the main character"
Vegeta-Sama wrote:As expected if you say something against all mighty Goku on this site your a villain, haha.
Really? This is a big spanning problem of Kanzenshuu/ Wow, that's terrible. I'm sure you can provide mountains of evidence to support that people who say something against Goku, they're treated like villains.
Main Characters doesnt need to be shoved down our throat constantly.
Then this crap its Gokus story. With 7 Universes on stake. You gotta be fucking kidding me. This isnt Goku vs The Red Ribbon Army.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:14 pm

sintzu wrote:He's not like this in the manga at all which is why I prefer it to the anime. The current arc started with Vegeta training with Whis then getting a fight with Beerus, something the anime's staff wouldn't dare think about. If you're interested in the torunament but are tired of Goku being forced into everything then just switch to the manga cause not only is he used a lot less, he's not annoying like he is in the anime.
Kanassa wrote:And by Z you mean, what, the Great Saiyaman part of the Buu Saga?
The Z fighter's fght against Nappa.
The last part of the fight against Vegeta.
A good amount of Namek.
Most of the android/Cell arc.
The middle part of the Buu arc.

Goku was unquestionablly the main character of DBZ but unlike Super's anime, he wasn't forced into everything and each of the other characters got their fair share of screen time. Thankfully the manga is following this writing style and isn't trying to be GT 2.0 like its anime counterpart.
Hahaha none of that amounted to anything and those arcs started or ended because of Goku. In fact, that was a flaw of Z. Goku wasn't a character, he was a plot device.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Main Characters doesnt need to be shoved down our throat constantly.
Then this crap its Gokus story. With 7 Universes on stake. You gotta be fucking kidding me. This isnt Goku vs The Red Ribbon Army.
My friend, who started this tournament again?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:Main Characters doesnt need to be shoved down our throat constantly.
Existing isn't being shoved own our throat. Having screen time is not being shoved down our throats.
So, no evidence then? I think you need to drink some milk and calm down before a mod gets involved.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:29 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:If you are are fan of Goku you will like seei g him all the time but if you are not then you will get annoyed especially as he has been missing for long periods before and there are many other characters that deserve screen time and fights.
Bullza wrote:Dragon Ball, the only series where people whine about the main character being in the series.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Where do people get off being rude to the writers for? Seriously it's disgraceful the name calling fans result to, to people that they've never met, because they aren't writing they way they want them to right, he calling them such things as "retarded" and "dumbasses" that's gonna solve everything... :eyeroll: the fanbase needs to get a grip on itself.
This arc is not about Goku but Team Universe 7 surviving so they should get more equal screen time.
GodVegetto91 wrote:Well Goku is the one now getting a new Form, so NO. I am not tired of him. Not at all. I'm excited!
So you are only excited for Goku becuase he is getting a new form?
Yes. Not going to lie. I can't deny that.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm

You probably mean a minority of people getting tired of Goku, its not exactly weird and out of place to have him show up most of the time, besides being the main character he was the one that started this whole damn arc, if it werent for him starting this Vegeta would just be changing diapers while Goku goes with Whis training and fighting him, and its in his character to just jump out fighting random characters here and there, he's the most excited out of the group, he isnt being careful of attracting attention too much so he's not laying low, to be honest he's doing the opposite of stealth, he wants them to notice him and all of em comes at him.

Also, few are treating you like a villain as you say is because of the way you post, calling out the writters because they're not writting the episode the way you want (full Vegeta screen time probably) was unnecessary.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:Ppl on Gamefaqs are scum but the Ultra Goku Defense Wank Force on Kanzenshuu is better, ok?

As if Goku gave a single fuck Gowasu got erased, your big Hero.

What did VegettoEX just say on the prior page?
VegettoEX wrote:Derogatory comments about other communities is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
Whatever your opinions may be, please show a little more civility and respect in general when having these conversations. If you can't do that much, then sooner or later we're not going to want to have you here anymore.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:48 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:You probably mean a minority of people getting tired of Goku, its not exactly weird and out of place to have him show up most of the time, besides being the main character he was the one that started this whole damn arc, if it werent for him starting this Vegeta would just be changing diapers while Goku goes with Whis training and fighting him, and its in his character to just jump out fighting random characters here and there, he's the most excited out of the group, he isnt being careful of attracting attention too much so he's not laying low, to be honest he's doing the opposite of stealth, he wants them to notice him and all of em comes at him.

Also, few are treating you like a villain as you say is because of the way you post, calling out the writters because they're not writting the episode the way you want (full Vegeta screen time probably) was unnecessary.
Maybe a minority here bc this place is full with Hardcore Goku Fanboys.
I like Goku, always will but in generally I am a neutral viewer and sure gamefaqs 70 votes are not an indicator but 46 of them are thinking he is overexposed. I bet if the writer would Goku sideline like they do currently with Vegeta and Frieza, there would be an outrage here while others are happy less Goku more screentime for other characters.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote: Maybe a minority here bc this place is full with Hardcore Goku Fanboys.
I like Goku, always will but in generally I am a neutral viewer and sure gamefaqs 70 votes are not an indicator but 46 of them are thinking he is overexposed. I bet if the writer would Goku sideline like they do currently with Vegeta and Frieza, there would be an outrage here while others are happy less Goku more screentime for other characters.
I'd bet the opposite. Because Goku isn't the center of attention all the time, even if he is there. Episode 99 ,for example, was all about Krillin a& 18 and most I've seen, here or otherwise, really liked the episode. People here generally don't mind if Goku isn't the center of attention all the time. It doesn't have to be one of two extremes. There is no Us vs them, Goku fans don't fill up Kanzenshuu while fans of other characters go elsewhere. We're all fans of the same series and like different characters to different degrees. Goku isn't even my favorite character. Gohan is, for example.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.