My problem with treatment of a specific universe

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

My problem with treatment of a specific universe

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:28 am

As we all know that top is one of most hyped arc of dbs.People complain about animation,power scaling etc but I will try to limit my post to treatment of two highlighted universes aka U2 AND U11.
Universe 2
So,U2 was implied to be the magical girl universe.Now i don't watch these type of animes so I will just go with information i have heard.Based on that magical girl anime's have following prominent characteristics
1.Power of friendship,love etc.
2.Hax abilities
3.Magical amount of transformations
When I knew about kamikaze girls I was happy not necessarily for magical girls.But for different types of battle instead of usual punch and ki blasts.The start was good but then it went downhill to the usual stuff.Now I know it is dbz but 5 chracters(I am includind hit and jimizu) with hax would not hurt atall.Now out of above three chracteristics,toei went out to select the most annoying one and slappedd it on audience faces.They left the things that could be interesting and went to parody the annoying suff or they were not parodying the magicall girl genre insted they were mocking it.
I still have hope for this universe because of hidden fighterss,tsufuls,jimizu and hyping of amle charcters by kaioshin but then what was the point of the parodying stuff to annoy the viewers?
Universe 11
I am relatively fine with what happened to five pride troopers even though I think that major antagonist should not have lost to fan-service characters. My problem is behavior and attitude of pride troopers.Although it seems to be general problem that everyone facing U6 and U7 becomes cocky bastard.It could be so awesome if we could get some hero vs hero standoff like it was implied.Only God knows what happened to sumo wrestler and kahersal when they were facing the protagonist.
Universe 3 and 4
Their gimmicks so far have been lackluster.That's all I have to say about them.oh but narirama and nigrisshi had such hacked abilities especially nigrisshi,we all have to thanks base cabba for that kick other he would have beaten everyone with his camouflage. :lol:
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball