I love the fact that U7 is dominating the tournament

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Re: I love the fact that U7 is dominating the tournament

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:24 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegeta-Sama wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kale, Caulifla and Ribrianne are crap. Dyspo has already been found out so he is finished.

They are definitely not the future unless they want to damage the series.
They are crap? Great argument.
Cant wait to see Piccolo jobbing off screen... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The real players on team Universe 6 are Hit and the Namekians and you can't wait for them.
If the U6 Namekians are that strong then why weren't they recruited for the previous tournament?

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegeta-Sama wrote:
They are crap? Great argument.
Cant wait to see Piccolo jobbing off screen... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The real players on team Universe 6 are Hit and the Namekians and you can't wait for them.
If the U6 Namekians are that strong then why weren't they recruited for the previous tournament?
Champa didn't find them, as he didn't find Caulifla.
Heno heno kappa!

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: U6 saiyans are clones of U7 saiyans in terms of personality but with even more bullshit power ups and their combat is pretty generic so far.I don't get the people that want them as protagonists.
Everyone loves Sayians so it shouldn't be that surprising.
Clones? Caulifla, Kale and Cabba have their own personalities.
They are the future if you guys like or not, they won´t go anywhere especially the girls.
They'll go somewhere if the losing universes getting erased actually means anything.

However, since it probably means dick, I can see them getting some sort of ancillary role where they show up from time to time. It's not like they're native to our universe, so unless they make a permanent change of address I don't expect them to be a constant presence.

I certainly ain't about to think of them as the franchise's future. Part of it, sure. But I doubt that they are about to carry it.
Last edited by Li'l Lemmy on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Basako wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Champa didn't find them, as he didn't find Caulifla.
In the Manga when Champa saw Piccolo fighting he said to Vados I think that he is a Namekian in a way that made him think that he should of chose one for his team.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:23 pm

It's kind of ironic when you realize even the Cell-era version of most of the main heroes, or early Buu saga, could still wipe out around 80% of the characters in this tournament.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Their most likely pacing themselves so they don't end up tired when they go up against opponents who are a real challenge.
I feel like this is contrary to what we saw with universe 10 where they were actually decently capable and eliminated others rather quickly. It's weird to have even more power characters than those getting zero eliminations against possibly even weaker foes.
I just think some of the characters from the other universes just intially went up against characters that had strength and/or abilities that canceled each other out. And because of that none of the other universes, apart from Universe 7 and Universe 6, have been able to rack up eliminations.
Going by that I don't see how this tournament could have possibly been 48 minutes without U6&U7 being so stupidly strong. If not for them you'd still have over almost all the players still on the field going by that logic.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:35 pm

I like it too. I also like Goku purposefully letting his guard down and holding back so he can see what each and every opponent is really made of.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:45 pm

It's fun to watch these characters when they're challenged. Creating several other universes filled with strong people with their own backgrounds was the perfect excuse to get more fighters to actually challenge the blues, but nope. Super can't seem to get much right at all.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:48 pm

It's a double edged sword. You bring a good point with it proving our universe being stronger than everyone thought but the problem is it wastes the poential these universes had. Another issue is that the build up these universe got ended up just being false hype.

I didn't want universe 7 to be completely owned but we're getting the opposite, I think the best option would've been to have things be more balanced out, show that universe 7 is stronger than originally thought but not to the point where they're making eveyrone look like nothing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ssbgoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ssbgoku » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:09 pm

sintzu wrote:It's a double edged sword. You bring a good point with it proving our universe being stronger than everyone thought but the problem is it wastes the poential these universes had. Another issue is that the build up these universe got ended up just being false hype.

I didn't want universe 7 to be completely owned but we're getting the opposite, I think the best option would've been to have things be more balanced out, show that universe 7 is stronger than originally thought but not to the point where they're making eveyrone look like nothing.
I completly second it, to even go further I would say writers went in wrong way with stronger characters getting dropped off eariler then some weaklings. Sure It could undermine battle royal type of tournament, but still it would put great meaning to strategy, techniques and skills. This is how I see it should work:

1) Everyone, who is in ""leauge of it's own or just too strong" either don't move and take battle stance while analysing other characters while others(who can not keep their drive to fight in place or prefer to learn from others while holding back) like goku attack as well. While it happens weakers characters make circle or different formation and try to take out stronger characters by overcoming their power and confidence with skills, strategy and techniques or just go one on one.

2) Some weakers characters are dropping off or getting pushed back while tryint to overcome much stronger opponent from other universe. Some of them try to aim for weaker fighters from other universe. Strongers characters are either only defending, playing along with weaker one to gain battle experience or keep observing.

3) Gradually weaker characters slowly are dropping off allowing remaining stronger ones to increase their power and forcing them to act.

4) In the end only strongest characters would fight in the end.

Prons:
  • Weaker characters have right time to shine(from the begining with no excuse of lasting too long and trying to take alone on stronger characters).
  • Teamwork, skills, techniques and expierience closing gap between power stand of characters
  • Stronger characters not overusing too much power(saving stamina) etc. while not looking bad(ie. Jiren staying and not even moving too long)
  • In the end the strongest characters would prevail
Cons:
  • Too predictable (Weaker ones are first to get eliminated and everything coming along with power
  • not showing weaker character taking on much stronger character with skill, expierience advantage.
  • Instead of surviving more impactfull would be taking out opponents and showing off.
What do you think guys ?, It would be a little more dbz then just db approach of current dbs way in tournament.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:17 pm

precita wrote:It's kind of ironic when you realize even the Cell-era version of most of the main heroes, or early Buu saga, could still wipe out around 80% of the characters in this tournament.
That is one of peoples' main complaints about the tournament. Cell existing should not even be that unique if you think about it, a genius human created genetically modified lifeforms using some of the strongest life forms with only 2 planets to sample. With the type of technology we saw original Saiyans had (or more the technology of the races Frieza enslaved) we know other races have technology that probably far exceeds human technology, even if Gero was a genius. There should likely exist something as strong as Cell if not stronger. Buu is certainly a rarity, but if Demon-like beings exist that spawn out of (Otherworld/the god void/ wherever you want to call it) then you'd think those type of beings would at least exist in some other universes.

Universe 7 has had a lot of stuff happen to them that would raise their power, but at the same time it's very strange that none of these type of things happened in other universes at all to the point that the majority of universe fighters are not even Android/Imperfect Cell level. I mean as badass as the original Androids were (16,17,18), their technology could not have been that advanced that you would never see it in other universes. These type of events only happening in U7 isn't a good in-universe explanation, it's clear they just wanted to make the main cast stronger than a majority of the tournament fighters, because only 1 universe out of 8 having enemies on the level of Cell or above just isn't believable to me.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:35 pm

ssbgoku wrote:What do you think guys ?, It would be a little more dbz then just db approach of current dbs way in tournament.
What you brought up is one among many good ideas I've read about how they could've done things. What I would've done is simply have less characters in order to get more developed, memorable ones. I also would've dropped the battle royal cause I feel it's holding things back and that the people working on it could've done a lot more with 1vs1 fights.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:54 pm

If Majin Buu was one of the most feared creatures in the universe then it makes sense most other universes would not have many people, or any, on his level of power.

It makes sense to only see very small handful of characters above Buu or at God level, like Hit, Toppo, Jiren, Dyspo. The universe couldn't function if everyone was god power.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:56 pm

precita wrote:If Majin Buu was one of the most feared creatures in the universe then it makes sense most other universes would not have many people, or any, on his level of power.

It makes sense to only see very small handful of characters above Buu or at God level, like Hit, Toppo, Jiren, Dyspo. The universe couldn't function if everyone was god power.
Buu was one of the strongest in universe seven specifically. who's to say other universes wouldn't have stronger foes?

Besides, it would be much more interesting to watch universe seven face a challenge. Where's the fun in watching them effortlessly plow through fodder? Honestly I think the main problem is just how ridiculously overpowered both Goku and Vegeta currently are compared to almost every non-god character. It makes for a huge writing hurdle.

Or at least it would be better if Goku wasn't the one knocking out most of the below god-tier characters, since they could have more interesting fights with the weaker opponents.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:06 am

precita wrote:It's kind of ironic when you realize even the Cell-era version of most of the main heroes, or early Buu saga, could still wipe out around 80% of the characters in this tournament.
To be honest with you, I think if everyone was the Cell-era version of themselves, they would probably only be able to fight evenly with universe 9(Basil was an exceptional fighter for universe 9 and he was able to perform better than Dabura against Majin Buu when he wasn't on steriods) and the majority of universe 10(with the exception of Opni, who would easily be able to defeat all the cell-era characters). I'm pretty confident though that they would destroy most of universe 4 even if it was only the Cell era versions of themselves, since universe 4 really doesn't seem that dangerous.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am

JazzMazz wrote:
To be honest with you, I think if everyone was the Cell-era version of themselves, they would probably only be able to fight evenly with universe 9(Basil was an exceptional fighter for universe 9 and he was able to perform better than Dabura against Majin Buu when he wasn't on steriods) and the majority of universe 10(with the exception of Opni, who would easily be able to defeat all the cell-era characters). I'm pretty confident though that they would destroy most of universe 4 even if it was only the Cell era versions of themselves, since universe 4 really doesn't seem that dangerous.
Comparing Dabra vs. Fat Buu to Basil vs. Good Buu makes little sense, though, since Good Buu is almost assuredly less than half of Fat Buu's power.

Visually speaking, the fight between drugged Basil and Buu is remarkably similar to Majin Vegeta vs. Fat Buu in almost every way (some sequences are almost a 1:1 carbon copy), so if we want to go that way we might argue that the amped Basil could ideally be around 40% of Majin Vegeta. Which - given that the wolves are actually around the current base Saiyans - is pretty fitting, since it reinforces the implied notion of the drug being some high-resk/ high-reward type of gamble.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:03 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Comparing Dabra vs. Fat Buu to Basil vs. Good Buu makes little sense, though, since Good Buu is almost assuredly less than half of Fat Buu's power.

Visually speaking, the fight between drugged Basil and Buu is remarkably similar to Majin Vegeta vs. Fat Buu in almost every way (some sequences are almost a 1:1 carbon copy), so if we want to go that way we might argue that the amped Basil could ideally be around 40% of Majin Vegeta. Which - given that the wolves are actually around the current base Saiyans - is pretty fitting, since it reinforces the implied notion of the drug being high-resk/ high-reward type of gamble.
It's never really stated how powerful the Fat Buu that came out of Kid Buu was, even if we assumed it was the weaker Fat Buu and that his power was halved, then I would still say he was more powerful than Majin Vegeta even with the decrease.

Considering that Buu didn't get stronger, this means we could saftely put Basil based on his performance, at SS Goku's full-power during the Cell Games or at least within that range. Also, I don't see the similarities between drugged Basil vs Buu and the Majin Vegeta fight. If you were comparing normal Basil against the Majin Vegeta fight, than that would make way more sense, as in both of those situations Buu wasn't taking the fight seriously but when he did get serious, he completely dominated the other opponent.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:38 am

JazzMazz wrote:
LowRyder2005 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: To be honest with you, I think if everyone was the Cell-era version of themselves, they would probably only be able to fight evenly with universe 9(Basil was an exceptional fighter for universe 9 and he was able to perform better than Dabura against Majin Buu when he wasn't on steriods) and the majority of universe 10(with the exception of Opni, who would easily be able to defeat all the cell-era characters). I'm pretty confident though that they would destroy most of universe 4 even if it was only the Cell era versions of themselves, since universe 4 really doesn't seem that dangerous.

Visually speaking, the fight between drugged Basil and Buu is remarkably similar to Majin Vegeta vs. Fat Buu in almost every way (some sequences are almost a 1:1 carbon copy), so if we want to go that way we might argue that the amped Basil could ideally be around 40% of Majin Vegeta. Which - given that the wolves are actually around the current base Saiyans - is pretty fitting, since it reinforces the implied notion of the drug being high-resk/ high-reward type of gamble.
It's never really stated how powerful the Fat Buu that came out of Kid Buu was, even if we assumed it was the weaker Fat Buu and that his power was halved, then I would still say he was more powerful than Majin Vegeta even with the decrease.

Considering that Buu didn't get stronger, this means we could saftely put Basil based on his performance, at SS Goku's full-power during the Cell Games or at least within that range. Also, I don't see the similarities between drugged Basil vs Buu and the Majin Vegeta fight. If you were comparing normal Basil against the Majin Vegeta fight, than that would make way more sense, as in both of those situations Buu wasn't taking the fight seriously but when he did get serious, he completely dominated the other opponent.
It's stated that the newborn Good Buu lost the majority power when he split from Evil Buu and the exact wording is presented again by the narrator when it's reinstated that Good Buu has no chance to defeat Kid Buu; while there is the possibility that the strength of the entity could have varied a little, the fact that the very same concept is referenced and that both Buus are labeled as "good Buu" (in fact, not a single guidebook makes a distinction between the Buu post-fission and the Buu who was regurgitated), makes the likelihood of the their power being the same pretty much the most natural assumption. Good Buu has still feats that put him above any Super Saiyan 2 in the Buu arc, but it's not really a contradiction; it'd simply mean the gap in question was just more than a 1:2 deal.

Regarding Basil vs. Buu, it's a fight in which Buu is technically not fighting the opponent; it's hardly indicative of where the two stand in power when one of the fighters thinks he's playing with someone who has no intention of hurting him (and someone he is not really trying to hurt, as well). If anything, what is indicative is that Buu is laughing after Basil's best attacks, which obviously never happens vs. Majin Vegeta, is a way to reinforce the notion that Basil is so much below Buu that regardless of the attacks the latter considers the wolf a complete non-threat (indeed, Buu only gets angry and all serious because Basil hurts Mr. Satan).

Majin Vegeta vs. Fat Buu is pretty much the entire foundation of the second half of the fight, which is unsurprising since it's the only fight in which Buu showcased his abilities [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP7-QsBsZXE; marks are around 4:00, 5:00, 8:00 and 10:00]: Buu gets considerably battered and torn apart by the opponent without basically retaliating; afterwards, he regenerates every damage without issue, the narration implies he still is far above the opponent and the fight ends. The only intrinsical difference is that Buu doesn't use what's labeled as a "fully powered" Kamehameha.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:16 am

Universe 7 is dominating because the bad guys always have the advantage in the beginning. Soon the villain Goku will have Jiren's comrades on the ropes until their hero steps in to turn the tables. But wait! That wasn't even Goku's final form! Jiren will be backed into a desperate corner by Goku's overwhelming power until his heroic resolve pulls something out of his butt to save the day! :thumbup:

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:41 am

It's fine they're dominating the tournament. They're the main characters and should be the focus. Not sure why everyone is so interested in seeing a bunch of weirdoes who will likely only be around for this arc get extra screentime in the tournament.

I do agree that Kuririn got eliminated too early, especially after they spent so much time trying to build him up.