I love the fact that U7 is dominating the tournament

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

I love the fact that U7 is dominating the tournament

Post by precita » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:40 pm

I know a lot of people are mixed on this, but I love it. U7 was initially viewed as one of the worst universes in the exhibition matches and they've come around to dominate nearly everyone. I just love the fact that our fighters really are the strongest fighters among the 8 universes competing. And the fact that even the strongest characters aren't being used like Buu or Gotenks is icing on the cake, because U7 would dominate even more then.

With the exception of the big threats like Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Hit, and a few others, I love the fact that U7 can take care of almost everyone else without much trouble at all.

By the end of this arc our Universe will already be proven to be stronger than the top fighters of nearly all these others universes. I was worried all these fighters would be on the level of Super Saiyan Blue or more, but thankfully it seems only a small handful are, and everyone else is around Cell or Buu saga level at most. That's great, and proves there isn't some huge power gap still happening between universes.

I want Universe 7 to dominate everyone.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: I love the fact that U7 is dominating the tournament

Post by Zagacious » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:59 am

I don't think most people wanted U7 to dominate, they just assumed they probably would. I was looking forward to see our fighters challenged. Not everyone should be SSB level no, but maybe SSJ or Android saga level at least, which it seems most of them are around Saiyan saga level or below. Aside from the Trio De Dangers, everyone has gotten a pretty embarrassingly easy elimination, and while a lot of the action is really good, it sometimes gets undermined by how easily they are eliminated.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:53 am

If everyone else (even Roshi, dammit!) from U7 is gonna last this long, then I don't see the point of writing Krillin out of the story so soon. It's not like someone can't just plow through and take out half the U7 fighters at once whenever Toei gets ready.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:56 am

Honestly I find this very disappointing, it's too predictable and boring, in my opinion

Unless universe 7 dominates until someone takes them out all, except for Goku and Gohan, and they end up losing the tournament

But my sensation is the tournament will have no winners, either for an interruption or a draw for time limit, and same number for some universes ( Goku and Gohan, Jiren and Toppo for example)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:03 am

I'm glad actually. It proves Goku and Vegeta especially are already among the strongest mortal beings out there. I mean not counting the 4 universes that were held back.

It also proves that majority of the other fighters are quite weak and not on the level of God's. Most of them are probably Namek or Cell-era tier fighters.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:08 am

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:If everyone else (even Roshi, dammit!) from U7 is gonna last this long, then I don't see the point of writing Krillin out of the story so soon. It's not like someone can't just plow through and take out half the U7 fighters at once whenever Toei gets ready.
Krillin disappointed me, I was expecting way better of him.
To be caught of guard like that. What an amateur. :oops:
His family is at stake here for @#$% sake!

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:43 am

SsjCookie wrote:Krillin disappointed me, I was expecting way better of him.
To be caught of guard like that. What an amateur. :oops:
His family is at stake here for @#$% sake!
It's Krillin. Even if he got a boost in power/morale in the previous episodes, it's worthless.

Just be glad Yamcha wasn't selected.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:19 am

I don't hate it but it wasn't what I particularly wanted. Of the 40 people who have been taken out 37 of them have been because of people from either Universe 6 or 7 which is really bad if you think about it.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the battle royal feel because nobody else seems to be doing anything but losing.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:27 am

Bullza wrote:I don't hate it but it wasn't what I particularly wanted. Of the 40 people who have been taken out 37 of them have been because of people from either Universe 6 or 7 which is really bad if you think about it.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the battle royal feel because nobody else seems to be doing anything but losing.
And that's the issue at hand. I don't mind them being stronger but it seems like all the other fighters are literally just standing in line and waiting their turn to get eliminated by one of this two universes. Again it's the same execution. If I had to guess it's because it's easier to keep track of who's been eliminated so the writers and animators don't get mixed up.

This also begs the question why some universes have really strong fighters compared to the average? Like why or how is it possible for anyone to give Goku/Vegeta/Frieza a run for their money when the rest of their universe is so low.

And we won't even discuss the false tension being created.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:31 am

I think it's pretty natural that the U7 fighters are so powerful, having gone through the shit they have gone through and all.

Keep in mind that just a few years back, Freeza with 120 million was considered by far the most powerful being in the universe. In many other universes things simply may not have gone the way they have in U7.

Ironically, the U9 guys were very powerful, but they were too bent on exacting revenge on U7 and it doomed them :D

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 am

It's a double edged sword. It's actually justifiable from an in-universe perspective given that, with most all of the other universes has a sub-standard mortal ranking/rating, it would make sense if the competitor that the Hakaishin and Kaioshin of their respective universes were not up to standard given how they don't manage their universes that well and perhaps wouldn't have known about fighters that would have been much stronger than the fighters they have representing them in the tournament currently.

And of course, that not even taking into consideration how much Goku single-handedly made Universe 7 a target to the other universes to such an extent that all of the Hakaishin and Kaioshin of the other universes discussed Goku's behavior at the Zen Exhibition Matches and how to handle with Universe 7, and Universe 4 and Universe 3 even conspired together in an attempt to cripple the chances of Universe 7 even taking part in the tournament before it started after they found that they had revived Freeza and tried to kill Freeza by sending assassins. Let alone allowing Universe 7 ten members to the tournament and actually having a chance at winning the damn thing. So the setup of all the other universes ganging up on Universe 7, or at the very least Universe 7 being the central focus in the Tournament Of Power, was certainly there and they've followed though with it quite well.

But of course, on the other side of the coin, I would like to see the other universes actually give a moderate challenge to Universe 7 beyond just the few skirmishes. That can still certainly happen as they are plenty of fighters left and more than enough time for the other universes to show their worth in the tournament. And I would be lying if I didn't feel underwhelmed with how much Universe 6 and Universe 7 have been dominating this tournament.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:36 am

Team Universe 7 have the wins but have not been shared around though in their team.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:38 am

Nah, it's to much, it's more than 90%. I expected more U7 time, but this is totally out of balance, it's almost a plothole. What about giving some fights and eliminations to Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne and so on, so we can see how powerful they are before they fight the U7 guys. What the fuck are all those guys doing in the arena? Waiting for Goku?
Heno heno kappa!

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:46 am

I don't mind it but it's a huge deception for other universes to me, I was expecting our friends to struggle much more than that.

SuperHumanGod

Post by SuperHumanGod » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am

I like seeing my boys Roshi, Piccolo, Gohan and hopefully Tien have some epic moments, but I want U7 to lose, just to see if zeno will erase his buddy Goku. As long as U6 don't win I'm happy. Fuck those annoying saiyan girls.
Jiren best new DBS character. Its done.
Fuck those awful U6 saiyans and their tingles too.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:50 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Team Universe 7 have the wins but have not been shared around though in their team.
I think the eliminations for Universe 7 have been decently shared among the team, given who's been awarded screentime and how much they've been given screentime. I reckon Piccolo and Tien will rack up 1-2 more eliminations in the next episode, hopefully.
Basako wrote:Nah, it's to much, it's more than 90%. I expected more U7 time, but this is totally out of balance, it's almost a plothole. What about giving some fights and eliminations to Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne and so on, so we can see how powerful they are before they fight the U7 guys. What the fuck are all those guys doing in the arena? Waiting for Goku?
It's not like a plothole by any stretch of the imagination.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:50 am

SuperHumanGod wrote:Fuck those annoying saiyan girls.
What? Caulifla rocks :mrgreen:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:53 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Team Universe 7 have the wins but have not been shared around though in their team.
I think the eliminations for Universe 7 have been decently shared among the team, given who's been awarded screentime and how much they've been given screentime. I reckon Piccolo and Tien will rack up 1-2 more eliminations in the next episode, hopefully.
I would seriously like to know who they possible could be as there are not many fighters who look like they will go out easy and not be the main focus of an episode.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:56 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I would seriously like to know who they possible could be as there are not many fighters who look like they will go out easy and not be the main focus of an episode.
We still have no idea how some of the fighters rank up compared to Universe 7 considering we've only seen brief snippets of just some of the characters remaining in the tournament and there are even some characters who haven't thrown a punch yet.

I think it's best to wait and see how this plays out.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:14 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Basako wrote:Nah, it's to much, it's more than 90%. I expected more U7 time, but this is totally out of balance, it's almost a plothole. What about giving some fights and eliminations to Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne and so on, so we can see how powerful they are before they fight the U7 guys. What the fuck are all those guys doing in the arena? Waiting for Goku?
It's not like a plothole by any stretch of the imagination.
It's almost a plothole for me, although it's not. Let's say it's hard to explain with probability and logic that the other universes fighting each other don't result in any eliminations. More than 90% for U7. How the Hell does not Toppo eliminated anyone? What did the rest of the pride trooper's do until they fought U7? What did Ganos do until now? Why didn't this sorceress use her habilities to eliminate someone? What about Opni? What about sniper next episode? Ribrianne? No one does nothing until they find U7, then they are eliminated. Just U6 got something, a 5% of the 10% left, at least.
Heno heno kappa!