Will Piccolo get anything from the Universe 6 Namekians?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Will Piccolo get anything from the Universe 6 Namekians?

Post by Lionel » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:15 pm

I agree in that Piccolo is not liable to receive any more substantial power increases in the broader context of him being made serviceable as a third protagonist; why that is can be anyone's guess. It's possible Toyotaro and the studio don't feel particularly beholdened to make a long term investment in his character. Piccolo is a classic favourite and generally well liked but he doesn't have the same name brand appeal as Goku, Vegeta or the Super Saiyans in general do. It's not say that he couldn't be booted up to Super Saiyan Blue status if the writer really wanted it because he can, and the conditions wouldn't be hard to generate for him to achieve that level of power.

For one reason or another no one seems to be interested in giving Piccolo a hand up. As of lately the writer seems to be interested in maintaining this tenuous balance between retaining what inkling of combat viability the humans and Piccolo still have while not retiring them for good. They could move forward with the utter delegitimisation of those characters if they wanted to and bank on the likes of Freeza, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba and new faces to succeed the roles of supporting cast. It would be a bold-faced move on Toei's part because they don't know how the audience would take to these characters becoming the new roster at the expense of the classics.

If you ask me, if they're not going to offer something that's long-term with the humans and Piccolo then I would rather not see them beat around the bush by tempting us with idle scraps of bait. Just get on with phasing them out of the story if you feel they offer nothing but gratuitous fluff.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:08 am

[quote="Lionel"]I agree in that Piccolo is not liable to receive any more substantial power increases in the broader context of him being made serviceable as a third protagonist; why that is can be anyone's guess. It's possible Toyotaro and the studio don't feel particularly beholdened to make a long term investment in his character. Piccolo is a classic favourite and generally well liked but he doesn't have the same name brand appeal as Goku, Vegeta or the Super Saiyans in general do. It's not say that he couldn't be booted up to Super Saiyan Blue status if the writer really wanted it because he can, and the conditions wouldn't be hard to generate for him to achieve that level of power.

For one reason or another no one seems to be interested in giving Piccolo a hand up. As of lately the writer seems to be interested in maintaining this tenuous balance between retaining what inkling of combat viability the humans and Piccolo still have while not retiring them for good. They could move forward with the utter delegitimisation of those characters if they wanted to and bank on the likes of Freeza, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba and new faces to succeed the roles of supporting cast. It would be a bold-faced move on Toei's part because they don't know how the audience would take to these characters becoming the new roster at the expense of the classics.

If you ask me, if they're not going to offer something that's long-term with the humans and Piccolo then I would rather not see them beat around the bush by tempting us with idle scraps of bait. Just get on with phasing them out of the story if you feel they offer nothing but gratuitous fluff.[/quoteF]
He might not get a power up but his character has not ended.There are plenty more sides that can be explored.i won't make it long.Before the retcon,namekians were inventors of dragon balls.Magical balls that not even the god could make.Now with the new origin,I doubt they will bring dende or some random namekian to interact with zalama.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:48 am

Olympian wrote:
supercat wrote:Nothing at all against the color green. No, I do appreciate other types of fighters outside of Saiyans. But at the same time, I do feel there should be at least one Saiyan in a given group. Piccolo does not blend well with Tien, Yamcha, or Krillin. Their collective power is pathetic and the sheer thought of them working together is just disgusting.

"Solar flare! Quickly runs away in panic and splits off into paper-like clones! Distracts with antenna beam! Just lost half the clones! Begins panicking some more! Solar flare x100! Tri-beam Hah! Oh no, energy depleted! Special beam cannon! Opponent smacks it away and counters with a simple punch! Completely overpowered! Opponent too strong!"

You see how a team like that is so pathetic it's not even really comical?.
You have every right to perceive any number of character alignment as pathetic and comical but you have to be aware they are seldom presented as such in various media.

Their collective power under Toei is quite fine. In the Manga if the authors really want to showcase teamwork like the audience was led to believe for the TOP, they would have better teamwork out of anyone save Vegeta, Freeza and Buus. This is only logical, Vegeta and Nappa were stalled and subquently defeated on Earth becaise of the collective strategy and teamwork of humans, one half-Saiyan breed and a Namekian.

As far as having one Saiyan per small groups..eh, what you really mean is you ought to have one Goku per team because in the end, he`s the one who actually wins things. The one exception is Gohan in the Perfect Cell arc.
Not sure what you meant by having better team work than anyone save Vegeta, Freeza, and Buus. Their teamworks is decent, but it's a little sad that they have to rely so much on each other, and on things like hiding and running away, using cheesy attacks, and hiding some more, when all fighters like Vegeta, Trunks, Android 17, and Frieza pretty much just rely on nothing more than their own punches, kicks, and ki attacks. Some of those characters have relied on teamwork as well, but they sort of outgrew it by reaching power levels that actually count.

The only problem with the Nappa battle was, over half the team was decimated before Goku even got there.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:11 am

I feel the Namekians have a lot of room to look great. But to see another softy pushover like Piccolo would be awful. Like I said, if Piccolo somehow battles them it should just be one-sided where Piccolo goes down in a few seconds and the Namekians end up facing off against Goku and Vegeta. SSB-tier Namekians would be awesome, and in my opinion, would be the only type of Namekians worthy of playing a key role in the future.

Anyway, if Piccolo is around the new Namekians any longer than just being thrown out of the ring, it'll possibly end up with them just playing tag around the arena, panicking each time they get close to each other, and then of course running away or hiding behind their paper-like clones while panicking some more. I really hope the new Namekians are not wasted and thrown into the same pile of garbage that the current strategists reside in.

Since Piccolo is weak and really only seen as a strategist (whatever that means), his opponents would also probably be weaklings that use similar crap to avoid getting thrown out of the arena. Yes, avoid getting thrown out, not even win, since I'm beginning to wonder if these strategist themselves even believe that they could actually win. That lack of confidence is also what makes Piccolo look weak too. The cockiness actually fit him quite well, too bad a certain parasitic half decided to take up space and sap it all away. That weakling should have just merged with Popo or somehow found a way to fade away without taking Piccolo with him. He totally ruined Piccolo.

If somehow Piccolo does end up playing hide and seek with the new Namekians, Tien really needs to keep his big mouth shut and leave the commentating to Beerus. I sort of wish Tien and Piccolo just hated each other and either stayed away from each other completely and kept their remarks about one another negative. Tien should do what Krillin does and begin respecting Vegeta while defending his loyalty. Although I do feel at this point, he actually does respect and depend on Vegeta quite a bit.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:21 am

These comments about Piccolo are completely ridiculous and some of you are moaning that Piccolo uses strategy in battle. That is Piccolo's fight style and he is not a Saiyan who just gets mad and punches everything he can. This shows many of you don't understand Piccolo's character.

He has had 1 fight in this tournament that lasted 15 seconds and many of you do realise that if Toei had Piccolo go against the weaker characters like the others he would have rampaged through them like they were not even there and that would not have created good tv at all. When he was watching Gohan fight Botamo and Obuni, Piccolo could have taken them out a lot quicker than Gohan but there was no need Toei to show the audience what Piccolo can do as we know already. This shows again that many of you do understand Piccolo's character.

Many of you mention 17 as being more relevant than Piccolo not as Super progresses this will not be the case and I don't understand why Piccolo would not get a power up when he has already gained some power as Gohan said during their training together. Piccolo did not need any attention during the recruitment arc as he was always going to say yes to the tournament and we know he is good enough fighter to participate.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:31 am

Obuni was able to keep up with a Gohan who is presumably SSB-tier. Piccolo probably wouldn't even be able to keep up with Base Goku / Vegeta. His strategy is laughable. It usually consists of running around, playing tag or hide and seek, using hideous attacks like antenna beam, looking scared, splitting off and making himself even weaker, and then looking scared when his opponent gets anywhere near him. That to me is pretty pathetic.

Piccolo's best feat was defeating SSJ2 Gohan, while a suppressed Android 17 not only completely overwhelmed SSJ Goku, but gave a suppressed SSB Goku a great fight. How did Piccolo do against Goku? He failed against his base form.

Not sure if this matters, but power-wise, I have Piccolo on the higher end of the Buu saga considering how easily he defeated a very new-and-improved SSJ2 Gohan. The only problem is, that level of power at this point is just irrelevant compared to the real powerhouses.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:44 am

The tactic is called making your opponent have a false sense of security.

It was obvious that Piccolo was watching like he did just in case Gohan started struggling badly.

Many people ignore that move against Goku as it was just a training match to test out some combos.

Episose 108 should show us more as I assume Piccolo is in it since Gohan is.

You mentioned SSB tier Namekians and if they are that powerful then there is no reason why Piccolo can't be as powerful as that.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:55 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
That is not happening and they will probaby 2 vs 1 Gohan before Piccolo intervenes and tells Gohan that they are way out of his league.
Yeah and let me guess, after that piccolo proceeds to beat both of them with his arms tied behind his back.. :lol:
They reveal their power up and they think Piccolo does not have it due to Champa but he does and that really does answer Gohan's question during their training of 'how did you get so strong'.
sintzu wrote:Namakians are a big part of DB lore so I'd assume they'd do something with them. An alternate reality power up would be a great way to get him up there with Goku. If we're going to go to U6's Saiyan planet then we could also go to their Namek.
I just want the Namkians to be a Piccolo's rivals and obviously provide a power up.
Yeah those U6 Namekians are going to power up one of their enemies. Makes perfect sense.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Yeah and let me guess, after that piccolo proceeds to beat both of them with his arms tied behind his back.. :lol:
They reveal their power up and they think Piccolo does not have it due to Champa but he does and that really does answer Gohan's question during their training of 'how did you get so strong'.
sintzu wrote:Namakians are a big part of DB lore so I'd assume they'd do something with them. An alternate reality power up would be a great way to get him up there with Goku. If we're going to go to U6's Saiyan planet then we could also go to their Namek.
I just want the Namkians to be a Piccolo's rivals and obviously provide a power up.
Yeah those U6 Namekians are going to power up one of their enemies. Makes perfect sense.
I never said during this tournament.

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:38 pm

If those Namekians end up being Piccolo's rival, they're basically ending up in the same pile of trash as the other strategists. Rivals are usually (not always) pretty close in power. Considering where Piccolo probably stands on the power scale, it would be sad for the new Namekians if they were anywhere near that.

It'd be best if they fought one of the Saiyans, Android 17, or Frieza. Maybe Piccolo can watch a fight like that fight and learn a thing or two and that could be how he powers up. That is if he's not too busy grocery shopping with ChiChi, babysitting Pan after the tournament, or being forced to pick cabbages.

Piccolo having the nerve to smile when a failed weakling like Tien saved him just shows how lowly he sees himself. He should be ashamed he had to accept help from someone like that.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:10 pm

supercat wrote:Obuni was able to keep up with a Gohan who is presumably SSB-tier. Piccolo probably wouldn't even be able to keep up with Base Goku / Vegeta. His strategy is laughable. It usually consists of running around, playing tag or hide and seek, using hideous attacks like antenna beam, looking scared, splitting off and making himself even weaker, and then looking scared when his opponent gets anywhere near him. That to me is pretty pathetic.

Piccolo's best feat was defeating SSJ2 Gohan, while a suppressed Android 17 not only completely overwhelmed SSJ Goku, but gave a suppressed SSB Goku a great fight. How did Piccolo do against Goku? He failed against his base form.

Not sure if this matters, but power-wise, I have Piccolo on the higher end of the Buu saga considering how easily he defeated a very new-and-improved SSJ2 Gohan. The only problem is, that level of power at this point is just irrelevant compared to the real powerhouses.
I see,so thats how double standards work,you kiss the ground Vegeta walks on when he spent the whole Namek saga being a coward.
Not to mention him being a chicken when he saw full stamina Golden Freeza.How convenient for you to forget all of this.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:19 pm

I know the thread was meant to discuss what Piccolo might get from them in terms of power, but I would also love it if we could get some interesting interaction out of it too, not just a fight. I hope they have fun/engaging personalities too and maybe a little bit of history with some of the other U6 members. I am especially worried Saonel might just be a early Z Piccolo knock off in terms of attitude as well as looks. They both definitely seem on the cocky side. That's not always a good sign.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Michsi wrote:I know the thread was meant to discuss what Piccolo might get from them in terms of power, but I would also love it if we could get some interesting interaction out of it too, not just a fight. I hope they have fun/engaging personalities too and maybe a little bit of history with some of the other U6 members. I am especially worried Saonel might just be a early Z Piccolo knock off in terms of attitude as well as looks. They both definitely seem on the cocky side. That's not always a good sign.
I wouldn't be surprised if they know Hit from Universe 6 and they definitely seem the cocky type and that Saonel will probably end up being the better of the 2.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:47 pm

supercat wrote:If those Namekians end up being Piccolo's rival, they're basically ending up in the same pile of trash as the other strategists. Rivals are usually (not always) pretty close in power. Considering where Piccolo probably stands on the power scale, it would be sad for the new Namekians if they were anywhere near that.

It'd be best if they fought one of the Saiyans, Android 17, or Frieza. Maybe Piccolo can watch a fight like that fight and learn a thing or two and that could be how he powers up. That is if he's not too busy grocery shopping with ChiChi, babysitting Pan after the tournament, or being forced to pick cabbages.

Piccolo having the nerve to smile when a failed weakling like Tien saved him just shows how lowly he sees himself. He should be ashamed he had to accept help from someone like that.
Eh, the power scale in this tourney is not accurate enough to judge how strong Piccolo is. Look at Vegeta, he's been struggling more than he should with opponents who look to be Buu-Cell saga level. He's still struggling with Magetta and Botamo, even after all the powerups he's had between the U6 and now. He and Goku used Blue on the Trio de Dangers even when SSJ was enough to take them out. The sniper was just as much of a danger to them as he was to Tien, Gohan, and Piccolo. If we just look at that last example, then it seems like everyone is relative to the same power level, but we know that's not the case.

We don't know a lot about Piccolo's power. With the evidence we got, he can either be a little less than SSJ2 or much higher than SSJ3 since he trained with Ultimate Gohan for a while after he pushed him into unlocking it. If he's SSJ3 then he's easily near the ranks of Android 17, Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, Frost. But the tournament is so vague that he could literally be at any level that T, T, or T wants. But from what we've seen of the tourney so far, he's easily mid-tier power-wise. I think Buu saga is the mid tier and Cell saga is the high point of the low tier. I honestly don't know where your hate for him comes from. He's done basically nothing in this tournament.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Whatever wrote:
supercat wrote:Obuni was able to keep up with a Gohan who is presumably SSB-tier. Piccolo probably wouldn't even be able to keep up with Base Goku / Vegeta. His strategy is laughable. It usually consists of running around, playing tag or hide and seek, using hideous attacks like antenna beam, looking scared, splitting off and making himself even weaker, and then looking scared when his opponent gets anywhere near him. That to me is pretty pathetic.

I see,so thats how double standards work,you kiss the ground Vegeta walks on when he spent the whole Namek saga being a coward.
Not to mention him being a chicken when he saw full stamina Golden Freeza.How convenient for you to forget all of this.
The biggest difference between Tien / Piccolo and Vegeta is the progress that they made. I've made a pretty long post comparing the three, but I shall do it again briefly.

Tien:

Has a school full of weaklings that collectively probably can't even take on King Piccolo or beginning of DB Goku.

Likes to hide and run away using cheesy techniques that not only look ridiculous, but also end up serving no real purpose.

Tries to win with an attack that he probably sees as his masterpiece, only to have it fail and have him be the first to hit the ground.

Lives a loner life basically. Even his old friend Krillin defended Vegeta when he went on his little rant about Vegeta's loyalty.

Was put in his place years ago, and had to realize that doesn't have a spot as one of Goku's rivals.

Piccolo:

Likes to hide and run away using cheesy techniques that not only look ridiculous, but also end up serving no real purpose (The two strategists have a lot in common).

Tries to win with a powerful attack that takes way too much time charging up, and almost never delivers as it is meant to. Definitely not worth the wait.

No one outside of Gohan and Goku seem to care for him.

Pushed around by a woman not even her own husband really listens to.

Apparently trains all the time, but makes very negligible progress. I'm beginning to wonder if he considers talking to his wimpy pal Mr. Popo training.

Vegeta:

Uses his hard-earned strength gained from years of hard work and commitment to the right kind of training to win battles.

Has lots of great moves and techniques. Not sure why people assume Piccolo and Tien are better fighters than someone who probably has way more combat experience, and is basically born as a fighter.

Looked up to as a hero being only second to Goku.

Kept pushing past his limits and reaching new heights.

Has a loving family.

So while Vegeta may have not shown his best side back on Namek, he's in a great place now compared to those two strategists there.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Vegeta's abilities overlap with one another by having the same typology and geometrics. To be frank, his techniques are some of the most unimaginative in the series as you can essentially sum them up as "big explosive laser" or just an explosive with not much variety or applicability given to them beyond trying to create the largest crater in the earth The most original techniques he brandished were shown somewhere around the beginning of his introduction like Kitanai Hanabi, Shine Shot, and the Artificial Moon he created during his battle with Goku. Beyond those instances, his techniques are pretty generic.

Piccolo and Tenshinhan neglect to use their most novel abilities. Why? Who can say. It's possible Toriyama may have forgotten about them as he so characteristically does throughout Dragon Ball's serialisation. Tenshinhan didn't have too many opportunities to fight after the 23rd tournament anyway; his only substantive on-screen fight in Z was against the Saibaman, and he overwhelmed that creature with two attacks. It's really a shame because with the progressional phasing out of DB's original roster for characters like Vegeta, they weren't given some of the possible privileges given to DBZ's roster -- no Kaioken, no God Ki, nothing. When you're still operating by early series conditions, of course you're not going to make very much headway in power levels or narrative contribution. Toriyama didn't even have the recollection/decency to consider the Mafuba being used by Piccolo or Tenshinhan against whatever villain of the week.

Regarding Saonel and Pilina, if they were as powerful as some are alleging then they would have been included in the Champa arc as participants; that tournament was supposed to represent the crème de la crème of each universe in groups of five. Caulifla and Kale had yet to unleash their Super Saiyan potential so it's understandable that they would not have been included. The U6 Namekian fighters likely weren't on par with Magetta, and by extension U6 Super Saiyan tier. It's true we don't know where the pair would stand now since a good amount of time has elapsed between the Champa and Tournament of Power arcs. However, with Hit being described as Team U6's trump card, I very much doubt they're SSJB tier. They may not stack up well against the two new Saiyans. So if anything my first expectation would be that they're closer in power to Piccolo than Goku and Vegeta.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:24 pm

supercat wrote:
Whatever wrote:

The biggest difference between Tien / Piccolo and Vegeta is the progress that they made. I've made a pretty long post comparing the three, but I shall do it again briefly.

Tien:

Has a school full of weaklings that collectively probably can't even take on King Piccolo or beginning of DB Goku.

Likes to hide and run away using cheesy techniques that not only look ridiculous, but also end up serving no real purpose.

Tries to win with an attack that he probably sees as his masterpiece, only to have it fail and have him be the first to hit the ground.

Lives a loner life basically. Even his old friend Krillin defended Vegeta when he went on his little rant about Vegeta's loyalty.

Was put in his place years ago, and had to realize that doesn't have a spot as one of Goku's rivals.

Piccolo:

Likes to hide and run away using cheesy techniques that not only look ridiculous, but also end up serving no real purpose (The two strategists have a lot in common).

Tries to win with a powerful attack that takes way too much time charging up, and almost never delivers as it is meant to. Definitely not worth the wait.

No one outside of Gohan and Goku seem to care for him.

Pushed around by a woman not even her own husband really listens to.

Apparently trains all the time, but makes very negligible progress. I'm beginning to wonder if he considers talking to his wimpy pal Mr. Popo training.

Vegeta:

Uses his hard-earned strength gained from years of hard work and commitment to the right kind of training to win battles.

Has lots of great moves and techniques. Not sure why people assume Piccolo and Tien are better fighters than someone who probably has way more combat experience, and is basically born as a fighter.

Looked up to as a hero being only second to Goku.

Kept pushing past his limits and reaching new heights.

Has a loving family.

So while Vegeta may have not shown his best side back on Namek, he's in a great place now compared to those two strategists there.
Vegeta the slugger has a lot of great moves and techniques? Ahahahhahhaahahah! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are very funny thank you.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Lionel wrote:Piccolo and Tenshinhan neglect to use their most novel abilities. Why? Who can say. It's possible Toriyama may have forgotten about them as he so characteristically does throughout Dragon Ball's serialisation. Tenshinhan didn't have too many opportunities to fight after the 23rd tournament anyway; his only substantive on-screen fight in Z was against the Saibaman, and he overwhelmed that creature with two attacks. It's really a shame because with the progressional phasing out of DB's original roster for characters like Vegeta, they weren't given some of the possible privileges given to DBZ's roster -- no Kaioken, no God Ki, nothing. When you're still operating by early series conditions, of course you're not going to make very much headway in power levels or narrative contribution. Toriyama didn't even have the recollection/decency to consider the Mafuba being used by Piccolo or Tenshinhan against whatever villain of the week.
That's always been my problem with Toriyama, he doesn't seem interested leveling up the non-saiyan cast members or having them contribute with their individual skillsets(either because he forgot or just doesn't care). He introduces all these plot devices that can help characters improve, but strangely none characters take advantage of them. The Ultra Divine Water, no one but Goku drank it, Kaioken, no one else ever learned it, the Time Chamber, no one but Goku and Vegeta takes advantage of it, Gravity Training, Goku showed in the Frieza Saga how beneficial it can be, start low and work up, that's the way to go, but again no one but Vegeta, even bothered with this method, then their is the Old Kai's potential unlock ritual allowing a warrior to be their "Ultimate" self, he did this for Gohan and just Gohan, no one else was offered or even asked him. Then theirs keeping your Ki contained in your body, while powering up, which increases a warriors power, will anyone but Goku and Vegeta use this method, I think we all know the answer to that.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:48 am

Zeru14 wrote: That's always been my problem with Toriyama, he doesn't seem interested leveling up the non-saiyan cast members or having them contribute with their individual skillsets(either because he forgot or just doesn't care).
That's what I fear is the biggest problem when hoping something good will happen to non-saiyans. He went on record saying he doesn't care that much about the fighting aspect of the story, so it's possible that to him, who is stronger then who doesn't matter that much. (just that Goku will always #1) Piccolo is his favorite character, but that hasn't kept him from falling behind.

If there is one thing I appreciate in other shonen stories a bit more, is a better treatment of the supporting case :(

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:22 am

BWri wrote: Eh, the power scale in this tourney is not accurate enough to judge how strong Piccolo is. Look at Vegeta, he's been struggling more than he should with opponents who look to be Buu-Cell saga level. He's still struggling with Magetta and Botamo, even after all the powerups he's had between the U6 and now. He and Goku used Blue on the Trio de Dangers even when SSJ was enough to take them out. The sniper was just as much of a danger to them as he was to Tien, Gohan, and Piccolo. If we just look at that last example, then it seems like everyone is relative to the same power level, but we know that's not the case.

We don't know a lot about Piccolo's power. With the evidence we got, he can either be a little less than SSJ2 or much higher than SSJ3 since he trained with Ultimate Gohan for a while after he pushed him into unlocking it. If he's SSJ3 then he's easily near the ranks of Android 17, Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, Frost. But the tournament is so vague that he could literally be at any level that T, T, or T wants. But from what we've seen of the tourney so far, he's easily mid-tier power-wise. I think Buu saga is the mid tier and Cell saga is the high point of the low tier. I honestly don't know where your hate for him comes from. He's done basically nothing in this tournament.
Super Saiyan 2 Gohan isn't the same as Super Saiyan 2 Goku. Piccolo with a charged attack didn't even make Goku go Super Saiyan. He's nowhere near any of the people you named. Not to mention, who said Magetta and Botamo didn't get stronger too since they knew Zen'o was going to have a tournament eventually and Champa had them on speed-dial.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.