Will Piccolo get anything from the Universe 6 Namekians?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Will Piccolo get anything from the Universe 6 Namekians?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:39 am

Will there be a Namekian God or some other power up.

Will they provide some Namekian lore for a potential Power up that does not exist yet for any Namekian?

I doubt there will be fusion because I don't see any situation where that is possible.

How strong will they be?

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Will Piccolo get anything from the Universe 6 Namekians?

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:44 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Will they provide some Namekian lore for a potential Power up that does not exist yet for any Namekian?
No idea but that would be really cool IMO

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:12 am

Yes, an ass beating..

It's two against one, what do you expect..

Unless Gohan tags along again.. Then he gets to eat both of their bodies up and become powerful because hax..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:20 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Yes, an ass beating..

Unless Gohan tags along again.. Then he gets to eat both of their bodies up and become powerful because hax..
That is not happening and they will probaby 2 vs 1 Gohan before Piccolo intervenes and tells Gohan that they are way out of his league.

You know they are going to be good and you can't wait.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:22 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
That is not happening and they will probaby 2 vs 1 Gohan before Piccolo intervenes and tells Gohan that they are way out of his league.
Yeah and let me guess, after that piccolo proceeds to beat both of them with his arms tied behind his back.. :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:23 am

Namakians are a big part of DB lore so I'd assume they'd do something with them. An alternate reality power up would be a great way to get him up there with Goku. If we're going to go to U6's Saiyan planet then we could also go to their Namek.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:30 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Yeah and let me guess, after that piccolo proceeds to beat both of them with his arms tied behind his back.. :lol:
They reveal their power up and they think Piccolo does not have it due to Champa but he does and that really does answer Gohan's question during their training of 'how did you get so strong'.
sintzu wrote:Namakians are a big part of DB lore so I'd assume they'd do something with them. An alternate reality power up would be a great way to get him up there with Goku. If we're going to go to U6's Saiyan planet then we could also go to their Namek.
I just want the Namkians to be a Piccolo's rivals and obviously provide a power up.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:36 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:I just want the Namkians to be a Piccolo's rivals and obviously provide a power up.
I'd like the Piccolo lookalike to be Gohan's while Piccolo takes on the Slug wannabe. I think Gohan having to fight someone who looks like his teacher and father figure will be a great way to give him some kind of character development.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:55 am

This might be an unpopular opinion but i don't want another namekian fusion.I would rather have tingle his antennae(Not the back for originality).Joking aside,I would love to see piccolo getting a power up due to his mystical abilities/heritage.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:57 am

Hawk9211 wrote:This might be an unpopular opinion but i don't want another namekian fusion.I would rather have tingle his antennae(Not the back for originality).Joking aside,I would love to see piccolo getting a power up due to his mystical abilities/heritage.
Sorry, fusion it is..
Now get back in the line, Saiyans needs more forms and we are gonna make sure only they get it..
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:58 am

Unleash superior Namekian power!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:This might be an unpopular opinion but i don't want another namekian fusion.I would rather have tingle his antennae(Not the back for originality).Joking aside,I would love to see piccolo getting a power up due to his mystical abilities/heritage.
Sorry, fusion it is..
Now get back in the line, Saiyans needs more forms and we are gonna make sure only they get it..
No potential power up Piccolo = Piccolo fans having the right to complain forever because of the differences between Unuverse 6 and 7 Saiyans.

It is time to make the Red eyed form official

I want no fusion!
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:07 pm

I've seen many people talk about ''namekian god" but I really doubt something like that is in store for Piccolo. Call it pessimism, but given previous treatment, I wouldn't be surprised if those two namekians have more to do with Gohan or Goku than with him. Why? Because the only episode Piccolo got leading up to the tournament was all about Gohan; his supposed increase in power happened off screen; you haven't seen him consider or evaluate his own power at all. Heck, even in the opening, the only shots he gets is him standing behind Gohan.

Either way, even if he were to get a power-up, we might not want it to happen here. It's just going to be overshadowed by whatever Goku, Gohan, Freeza, and Jiren will show.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:09 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Sorry, fusion it is..
No potential power up Piccolo = Piccolo fans having the right to complain forever because of the differences between Unuverse 6 and 7 Saiyans.

Red eyed namek sounds vicious, but you know what sounds even better? Ultimate Gohan..
Now that's a name you should fear..

Joking aside, how about a potential unleased piccolo? He won't need to have any transformation and uni 6 can teach him how to take his power beyond his limits, with some sort of ritual 3 namkes can do or something like that..

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Michsi wrote:I've seen many people talk about ''namekian god" but I really doubt something like that is in store for Piccolo. Call it pessimism, but given previous treatment, I wouldn't be surprised if those two namekians have more to do with Gohan or Goku than with him. Why? Because the only episode Piccolo got leading up to the tournament was all about Gohan; his supposed increase in power happened off screen; you haven't seen him consider or evaluate his own power at all. Heck, even in the opening, the only shots he gets is him standing behind Gohan.

Either way, even if he were to get a power-up, we might not want it to happen here. It's just going to be overshadowed by whatever Goku, Gohan, Freeza, and Jiren will show.
Your first paragraphs arguments is destroyed becuase of what happened to Krillin. He got all those things you said and was out after 3 episodes.

What exactly are Gohan and Frieza going to show? The benefit of the power up is to future proof Piccolo from not being involved.

There is no way a Piccolo lookalike or Namekians in general has nothing to do with Piccolo. If Piccolo does not face them, then who does his fight?
sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I just want the Namkians to be a Piccolo's rivals and obviously provide a power up.
I'd like the Piccolo lookalike to be Gohan's while Piccolo takes on the Slug wannabe. I think Gohan having to fight someone who looks like his teacher and father figure will be a great way to give him some kind of character development.
The Piccolo lookalike(Saonel) will probably be the stronger one while Lord Slug lookalike (Pilina) is weaker.
Nappa and Vegeta situation again. Take away a Piccolo to benefit Gohan when it should benefit Piccolo? I don't think so!

I am going to say the red eyed will become official.

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Sorry, fusion it is..

Red eyed namek sounds vicious, but you know what sounds even better? Ultimate Gohan..
Now that's a name you should fear..

Joking aside, how about a potential unleased piccolo? He won't need to have any transformation and uni 6 can teach him how to take his power beyond his limits, with some sort of ritual 3 namkes can do or something like that..
That just sounds boring and like the Saiyans. Since Legendary Super Saiyan became a thing it makes sense to introduce the Red Eyed form.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 pm

Michsi wrote:I've seen many people talk about ''namekian god" but I really doubt something like that is in store for Piccolo. Call it pessimism, but given previous treatment, I wouldn't be surprised if those two namekians have more to do with Gohan or Goku than with him. Why? Because the only episode Piccolo got leading up to the tournament was all about Gohan; his supposed increase in power happened off screen; you haven't seen him consider or evaluate his own power at all. Heck, even in the opening, the only shots he gets is him standing behind Gohan.

I would put that on toei but I won't blame them entirely.Piccolo's character basically surrounds gohan,kami,fighting,training and nameks. Now piccolo can not go to namek or kami or fighting due to his low power and there is nothing interesting in green man staring at wastelands.However,toei does have uninspired plotline of piccolo sacrificing himself for gohan like movies and rof arc.Toriyama was involved in rof movie in which piccolo did not sacrificed himself.I expect piccolo to be less centered on gohan in manga.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Yes, an ass beating..

You know they are going to be good and you can't wait.
:lol: fan fiction isn't Canon buddy

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:28 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Sorry, fusion it is..

I want no fusion!
Same the whole he needs to absorb them crap is boring have piccolo get strong another way

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:31 pm

So not only do you guys want piccolo to have a big powerup and really matter which he dosen't right now, but you also want it to look really cool and be unique in the process..

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:So not only do you guys want piccolo to have a big powerup and really matter which he dosen't right now, but you also want it to look really cool and be unique in the process..
This is not hard to do and the point of giving Piccolo the power up is to add variety. Piccolo matters the same as Gohan or Vegeta or Tien since they currently can't do anything agaisnt Jiren which they need to do.