Will Goku's new Form be a 50 times multiplier? Potential Spoilers

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Will Goku's new Form be a 50 times multiplier? Potential Spoilers

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:14 pm

There are some reasons why i believe this could turn out to be the case. For starters, this seems to be the namek arc all over again, it was the same against Freeza back then: 1. Goku does 20x kaioken (to no effect) 2. Goku does Spirit Bomb (also to no effect) 3. Goku gets a new Transformation that's strong enough to allow him to fight on par with his enemy. And if that wasn't enough, 4. He's shirtless! (Also the same as when he was up against Freeza on namek )

If Goku's SSJ Blue Kaioken times 20 really isn't enough to do any notable damage on Jiren, then it's at the very least safe to assume this new Transformation is going to be more than 20 times stronger than SSJ Blue, and with that in mind, it seems very likely (if this is just like the namek arc all over again) that this new Form (just like Super Saiyan!) will have a 50 times multiplier aswell!

Goku's new limit breaking Form — 50 times stronger than SSJ Blue!

What do you guys think?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Will Goku's new Form be a 50 times multiplier? Potential Spoilers

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:32 pm

It's an interesting idea and I could see it being true.

More likely we will never be given an official multiplier.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:56 pm

If the transformation enables Goku to rival Beerus then I would personally interpret the multiplier to be quite high, superior to all original golden forms combined even. No one will be capable of touching him in his group, not even Vegeta or Freeza; the latter might be able to work his way back up to Goku's level if given the proper tools and enough time, though.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Lionel wrote:If the transformation enables Goku to rival Beerus then I would personally interpret the multiplier to be quite high, superior to all original golden forms combined even. No one will be capable of touching him in his group, not even Vegeta or Freeza; the latter might be able to work his way back up to Goku's level if given the proper tools and enough time, though.
No one from his group is capable of touching him right now. It's just turning an already huge gap into a gigantic one. Like GT did with SS4 while Vegeta was stuck on SS2.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:13 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:It's an interesting idea and I could see it being true.

Thanks. Well, it's true that Toei and Toriyama will most likely be either too lazy, or non-caring to go through the 1 second trouble of giving us a simple number, but even if it won't happen in the actual series, perhaps they might do it in some future guidebook or interview? Anyways, i'm holding my hopes. There's nothing wrong with numbers, and i don't see why so many people have something against it. Powerlevels themselves aren't the problem or unreliable, it was Toriyama and all the writers who wanted us to believe that, by introducing all that brainwashing stuff back in the namek arc. Just because characters can choose to hide their powerlevel from the scouters and fool their opponents, doesn't make it unreliable or uneccesary, on the contrary! We as fans Deserve to know where characters stand and how much stronger each transformation makes Goku! Without it, we'd be doomed. It's the only logical thing in a series that's all about powerups, and it's the least we can ask for and have a right to know.

I mean, we don't need "power levels" perse, but we DO need multipliers for transformations! I.e. a certain number of times Goku has become stronger than the last form he was in.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Never say never. It took what, over two decades to get those multipliers in the SEG. Which sucked and were stupid anyway.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Saturnine wrote:

Never say never. It took what, over two decades to get those multipliers in the SEG. Which sucked and were stupid anyway.
How did they suck? Why were they "stupid"? They made pretty good sense in the grand scheme of things.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 pm

I've pretty much given up on powerscaling and multipliers at this point.

It will be strong enough to let him fight and perhaps beat Jiren. That's all that really can be expected.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I've pretty much given up on powerscaling and multipliers at this point.

It will be strong enough to let him fight and perhaps beat Jiren. That's all that really can be expected.
That's only because the writers don't want to give any, if they've been consistent with them from the start, we could have had a much better storyline. Really, it only takes a couple of seconds for them to come out and give a single (and simple!) number.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:23 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I've pretty much given up on powerscaling and multipliers at this point.

That's only because the writers don't want to give any, if they've been consistent with them from the start, we could have had a much better storyline. Really, it only takes a couple of seconds for them to come out and give a single (and simple!) number.
Yet all of those numbers end up being contradicted later. Remember the whole 6 - 10 - 15 thing?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:

we should mass ask Toshio on Twitter when the time comes. Maybe he can give some information to clarify the multiplier.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 am

Kanious wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:

we should mass ask Toshio on Twitter when the time comes. Maybe he can give some information to clarify the multiplier.
Toshio won't answer something only because it is asked multiple times
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:19 am

Please don't go and ask a writer about numerous power scaling questions. He clearly doesn't give a shit about any of that, and it amazes me how so many of these type of fans go to his twitter and ask him these long and complicated questions (in English!) about feats, scaling, universe busting, whos stronger than who, etc. He can barely even understand some of those questions.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:30 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:There are some reasons why i believe this could turn out to be the case. For starters, this seems to be the namek arc all over again, it was the same against Freeza back then: 1. Goku does 20x kaioken (to no effect) 2. Goku does Spirit Bomb (also to no effect) 3. Goku gets a new Transformation that's strong enough to allow him to fight on par with his enemy. And if that wasn't enough, 4. He's shirtless! (Also the same as when he was up against Freeza on namek )

If Goku's SSJ Blue Kaioken times 20 really isn't enough to do any notable damage on Jiren, then it's at the very least safe to assume this new Transformation is going to be more than 20 times stronger than SSJ Blue, and with that in mind, it seems very likely (if this is just like the namek arc all over again) that this new Form (just like Super Saiyan!) will have a 50 times multiplier aswell!

Goku's new limit breaking Form — 50 times stronger than SSJ Blue!

What do you guys think?
I think is should be way higher... and maybe it's the extension the Original SSJ-God form, rahter having to be an upgraded version of Super Saiyan Blue.

Like:

Base > SSJ Red(God) > SSJ Blue(10x multiplier confirmed in the manga)

Base > SSJ Red(God) > Limit Breaker Saiyan form(way over 100x as being traceable to the fiery god form itself and it's surely above Super Saiyan Blue at least by the same amount of increase in power - but being hyped this much I think it's way above 50x too, I think it's at least 1000x over SSJ-God and 100 over SSj Blue)

Going by design it's rather obvious that it's a form born out of the fiery one:
1. Goku's hair is lifted up only slighly, not the way like of SSJ Blue's
2. Has silver eyes with pupils which SSJ-G also has.
3. Fiery aura contra liquid aura indicating an upgrade from the fire to water. We know that water is a stronger element of nature than fire.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Nguyenkim

Post by Nguyenkim » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:34 am

I don't want to see new form thou' it was confirmed. I want to see Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and even Freeza, Picolo all working together to fight Jiren and them U7 will got victory that way.

It already make sense if Goku's new form will be the last highest form of the Sayajin and it's strenght as same as Jiren in the tournament. The higher power SJ will get later is from train and training!

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:35 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

How did they suck? Why were they "stupid"? They made pretty good sense in the grand scheme of things.
I take the most issue with SSj2's 2x. Not only is that ridiculously low compared to Gohan's showing during the Cell Games, it also reintroduced the old, buried debate of Grade 3 vs SSj2 in terms of raw power. Before the SEG came out, most people had it at 4-8x FPSSj.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:27 am

Woow guys! A major update! I just found out about this, this is in pertains to the ending theme lyrics, and while i know that it's just a lyrics, most of it seems true so far and they are meant for clues, so without further adoe, check out the sentence near the end of the lyrics on the right side, as you can clearly read... it says..
ONE HUNDRED FOLD!?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Woow guys! A major update! I just found out about this, this is in pertains to the ending theme lyrics, and while i know that it's just a lyrics, most of it seems true so far and they are meant for clues, so without further adoe, check out the sentence near the end of the lyrics on the right side, as you can clearly read... it says..
ONE HUNDRED FOLD!?
That's the opening, not end lyrics.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:48 am

HeroR wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Woow guys! A major update! I just found out about this, this is in pertains to the ending theme lyrics, and while i know that it's just a lyrics, most of it seems true so far and they are meant for clues, so without further adoe, check out the sentence near the end of the lyrics on the right side, as you can clearly read... it says..
ONE HUNDRED FOLD!?
That's the opening, not end lyrics.
Sorry, my mistake!

Also, they're talking about it here.
https://i.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/6wj ... _spoilers/

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:48 am

I hope it's not. Screw multipliers. I want real Limit Breaker, that just breaks all limits and gives max power.