Freeza's betrayal of Universe 7 is beyond stupid

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Freeza's betrayal of Universe 7 is beyond stupid

Post by jplaya2023 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:28 am

yeah it makes no sense beerus gonna wipe him out. frieza has no plAY

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Why would Frieza even use Frost just to betray him? All he has to do is go Golden Frieza and Frost is probably nothing to him in terms of power. Why do people even want Frieza to become a good guy? I think him betraying universe 7 is more in character and is what will probably help him retain his awesome character as a villain. This is one of the best villains by far in my opinion, and I would hate to see him becoming yet another Z-fighter or some form of frenemy with Goku.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:46 pm

It's been clear from day 1 that Frost is the one who will try to betray Frieza first. He lied to Frieza within in the first monute of meeting him. However it clearly won't succeed as Frieza may have anticipated ("everyone in our race are scumbags who care only about themselves, why should you be any different") or is just too poweful.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:59 pm

supercat wrote:Why would Frieza even use Frost just to betray him? All he has to do is go Golden Frieza and Frost is probably nothing to him in terms of power. Why do people even want Frieza to become a good guy? I think him betraying universe 7 is more in character and is what will probably help him retain his awesome character as a villain. This is one of the best villains by far in my opinion, and I would hate to see him becoming yet another Z-fighter or some form of frenemy with Goku.
I don't think most people want him to become a "good guy"(I do, though); they want for him to be evil in a smart way, and there's no benefit in betraying U7 at this time. Dumb villains don't tend to be popular, especially nowadays.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:03 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:It's been clear from day 1 that Frost is the one who will try to betray Frieza first. He lied to Frieza within in the first monute of meeting him. However it clearly won't succeed as Frieza may have anticipated ("everyone in our race are scumbags who care only about themselves, why should you be any different") or is just too poweful.
Wouldn't Frost think the exact same thing about Frieza.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:I now have a feeling Gohans fight vs the yardrat will be over pretty quickly.
Freeza will kick him off the stage, that kick in the nep is for the yardrat not for gohan, the preview says Freeza comes running up... it looks like he´s defeated the yardrat..

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Just to look at this from the other side of the fence, I I'm wrong about the back stabbing thing then yes Frieza joining Frost is stupid foe one single reason.

Not only dose it mean he's signed his own death warront if U6 win and he gets erased but it also means thet Goku is never going to honuor their deal and Frieza will go back to hell again if U7 wins.

If thats the road they go down I will wished they just went with the idea from the start. Have him join universe 9 like he suggested or better do what the fake leaks said and have Quitela swoop in during the confusion and get him to join universe 4. Those opption would be far better and logical ways to have him difect from U7.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:13 pm

Freeza is evil. If he didn't stab them in the back it would be the biggest jump the shark moment in Dragonball history.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:03 am

I think Freeza and Frost are fooling each other. We know what they both want: Freeza wants to be resurrected, or to manipulate the gods into gaining higher power, while Frost wants his name cleared. Both those goals are predicated on them winning the tournament for their respective universes.

We know Frost is primarily targeting Universe 7 fighters at the behest of Champa. We also know he's a sneaky bastard about it; he caught Krillin when he was distracted, attacked Roshi when he was weak and nearly got Vegeta with his Mafuba trap. Who's to say this promise of working together with Freeza isn't just a ploy to sucker him in and lower his guard? It would explain why he says he "rules through power" or apparently hates the Saiyans when both of those things apply more to Freeza than him; he's just saying what he has to to get on Freeza's good side. Or at least, I hope that's the explanation and not bad writing anyway...

Now at the same time, I think Freeza would have his number when it comes to double-crossing. When the betrayal comes, he'll be ready for it and he's likely banking on being much, much stronger than his U6 counterpart. Then he'll justify his behaviour by saying he was playing the double-agent to fool Frost and he's totes for real on Universe 7's side. Beerus would probably be dumb enough to believe him if it meant taking out one of Champa's guys. Of course getting to beat the crap out of Gohan would just be an "unfortunate necessity" to maintain the ruse.

No, I think Freeza's betrayal of Universe 7 will come after the tournament is over. He can't risk anything while he's at Zeno's mercy. Could it involve making a play for the Super Dragon Balls? We'll see I guess.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Frieza betrayel of universe 7 is beyond stupid

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Just like Caulifla getting SSGSS was stupid and Hit being jobbed was stupid and Toei "nerfed" him?

It amazes me we are 100+ episodes and people think they know everything before the episode airs, let us wait for the episode to actually air so we get proper context for things before calling things "beyond stupid".
Oh would you look at that, I am right again. Jesus christ people, I hope now people will FINALLY learn that they should WAIT for the godamn episode!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:38 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Just like Caulifla getting SSGSS was stupid and Hit being jobbed was stupid and Toei "nerfed" him?

It amazes me we are 100+ episodes and people think they know everything before the episode airs, let us wait for the episode to actually air so we get proper context for things before calling things "beyond stupid".
Oh would you look at that, I am right again. Jesus christ people, I hope now people will FINALLY learn that they should WAIT for the godamn episode!
Some fans will never learn unfortunately. :problem:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:11 am

Sincere prediction: Now that Freeza has ascertained gods and spectators can't intervene regardless of what he does in the ring, he's going to attempt to ring-out Goku at the very end, likely after the other big threats are gone, to try to secure the wish.

This meshes with his observation before the tournament that the Gods of Destruction appear to be scared. As long as he's entertaining Zen-Oh, he has carte blanche for another thirty minutes. Beerus can't stop him.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:31 am

I take it back toei were smart with this

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:45 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

But he was fundamentally correct. Or there is nothing to contradict his statement so far. Frieza avoided it. And you can only say he said he would kill gohan or defeat him.(Whatever that would end up entailing) There is nothing fundamentally incorrect with it. Any premise you take from the title has not been contradicted thus far in the show. So, it is basically just a prediction of what would happen in the show or his opinion on the potential happenings. And so far the show went that way. So, hypothetically, it's correct. That or we pretend it was written after the showing and he didn't like the way it was carried out. ><

I'm more confused about why frieza played the game to start with. How did he not know about the none interference thing. I thought that was basically fundamental at this point for everyone. And as he could defeat frost easily there isn't much to gain. If he did defeat his own ally he could have lost a lot... I'm not sure what makes sense he was gaining unless he was on a power trip. I don't think the things about knowledge of gohan make sense or anything else. I don't know if I take his explanation straight forward. Why would he betray gohan if he didn't play along. That would imply he was stronger or dumber. It displayed some potentials about frieza's character(ones we already know) but not anything fundamentally that doesn't run the logic in circles that I can see... I don't see what they were trying to display with that fight. It's like there are so many fake outs there is nothing else in the end.... There wasn't even a reason to initiate it. What was there to gain on his end? Logically, he seemed he was just faking people out for the sake of doing it. In the end not good for the team or himself. What did he learn he should not have already known?!
Last edited by Arugela on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 am

There as no guarantee before this that Beerus couldn't interfere with a troublesome member of his team in the ring. Freeza just tested those waters.

He already knew the gods were on edge and unwilling to take action in front of Zen-Oh, of course, but now that he's gotten away with feigning a fight with Gohan, he has a little more leverage to play with.
Last edited by Cipher on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:00 am

I thought it was already clear nothing on the sidelines could interfere. I thought that was covered by something at one point at the beginning of the tournament with the things the grand priest mentioned. Or it seems so simple it should be assumed by the other rules. Almost to the point if he's trying to discern this it's not done very well as it should be obvious to everyone. Or they over played it a bit.
Last edited by Arugela on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
My fan art:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 am

Arugela wrote:I thought it was already clear nothing on the sidelines could interfere. I thought that was covered by something at one point at the beginning of the tournament with the things the grand priest mentioned.
Normies, sure. But I don't think there was firm indication a God of Destruction wouldn't be able to take one of their own team members out of the action.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:08 am

I think it makes more sense he would simply be flaunting this out of ego than learning it from the contexts standpoing...(to rub it in their noses. At least from how they made it look.) And it was already a premise. Just shoved in a bit.(AKA they all basically knew it) But at that point it is then fundamentally stupid as this is too egotistical and too dangerous to his own end goals of getting dragon balls or whatnot. It seems premature. At which point it would still seem more logical in a greater hidden scheme on the uni 7 side or a yet undisclosed reason Freeza is doing this. But it would look like that means he would be defeated or forced back which is either too heavy on the foreshadowing side, bad writing the fact of some cheasy Freeza temp lesson thing to get him to help, or the time frame of this show messing with my head... I don't think this is straightforward. If frieza was being this serious about something on this level he should have been a bit more ominous. Something is fishy about this... Maybe it's a setup to eventually test jumping universes. that might make more sense. He's testing the waters to test the other waters. Or slowly display a greater plan to change sides by slowly hinting while they have no choice. I don't think without some further purpose, either leaving uni7 or helping uni7 in some much greater plan, there was any purpose to that scene.
Last edited by Arugela on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
My fan art:

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:13 am

Arugela wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Oh would you look at that, I am right again. Jesus christ people, I hope now people will FINALLY learn that they should WAIT for the godamn episode!
But he was fundamentally correct. Or there is nothing to contradict his statement so far. Frieza avoided it. And you can only say he said he would kill gohan or defeat him.(Whatever that would end up entailing) There is nothing fundamentally incorrect with it. Any premise you take from the title has not been contradicted thus far in the show. So, it is basically just a prediction of what would happen in the show or his opinion on the potential happenings. And so far the show went that way. So, hypothetically, it's correct. That or we pretend it was written after the showing and he didn't like the way it was carried out. ><

I'm more confused about why frieza played the game to start with. How did he not know about the none interference thing. I thought that was basically fundamental at this point for everyone. And as he could defeat frost easily there isn't much to gain. If he did defeat his own ally he could have lost a lot... I'm not sure what makes sense he was gaining unless he was on a power trip. I don't think the things about knowledge of gohan make sense or anything else. I don't know if I take his explanation straight forward. Why would he betray gohan if he didn't play along. That would imply he was stronger or dumber. It displayed some potentials about frieza's character(ones we already know) but not anything fundamentally that doesn't run the logic in circles that I can see... I don't see what they were trying to display with that fight. It's like there are so many fake outs there is nothing else in the end.... There wasn't even a reason to initiate it. What was there to gain on his end? Logically, he seemed he was just faking people out for the sake of doing it. In the end not good for the team or himself. What did he learn he should not have already known?!
One can only assume it was to make Frost let his guard down so he could easily be taken out. Otherwise, he would just have run away and could have proven problematic later in the tournament with him targetting exhausted opponents.

For the Gohan thing, its because Freeza has standards and expectations of the people he works with. His been shown in the past to be willing to destroy incompetent subordinates before. Also, Gohan is another competitor for title of best fighter, if he was eliminated, Freeza's chances of recieving the title would automatically increase.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:18 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Arugela wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Some fans will never learn unfortunately. :problem:

One can only assume it was to make Frost let his guard down so he could easily be taken out. Otherwise, he would just have run away and could have proven problematic later in the tournament with him targetting exhausted opponents.

For the Gohan thing, its because Freeza has standards and expectations of the people he works with. His been shown in the past to be willing to destroy incompetent subordinates before. Also, Gohan is another competitor for title of best fighter, if he was eliminated, Freeza's chances of recieving the title would automatically increase.
I guess from the standpoint of him acting like the boss that could make sense.

Still makes me wonder if it's not something even more contrived and twisted though... Something he's slowly going to display for one reason or another over time. Like making them all slowly, increasingly fear a slow betrayal out of being purely vindictive as the time draws closer.. without giving them too much clue.(hopefully not too cheesily.) It doesn't seem like it should necessarily be intended to be a solitary event though. Like it will be more drawn out later. It will be interesting if he keeps walking the line and rubbing it in their faces slowly. Hopefully leaving them one or more steps behind in figuring it out. Evil frieza would be nice right now. I just wonder how much room there is for that in the end story. Can they let him win?
Last edited by Arugela on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
My fan art: