Freeza's betrayal of Universe 7 is beyond stupid

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Re: Freeza's betrayal of Universe 7 is beyond stupid

Post by Kanious » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:14 pm

I just think that this is not a betrayal in fact. I think that Freeza will not help Goku, Vegeta and Gohan, will let them suffer, without caring if they will be eliminated, and will fight in the U7 but for himself... Maybe HE wants to get the super dragon balls and thinks that he can be the last one in the arena.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:45 pm

Not helping out your teammates is hardly a mark for condemnation. Aren't Toppo and Jiren essentially responsible for the eliminations of half their team when they decided to send out the weakest of their team to eliminate someone who was demonstrably on par with Toppo himself? It was very shortsighted of him to give such a directive when he knew what Goku was capable of. You could argue that this negligence would apply to Universe 6 as well. If Hit is taking it upon himself to safeguard his teammates so that they don't fall out of bounds then where was he when Gohan was literally punching Botamo off the ring or when Vegeta attacked Dr Rota with a Ki attack? It wouldn't take much effort at all to use his Tokitobashi to abscond with them before they're thrown out of bounds.

With Freeza, his eventual turncoat demeanour is to be expected. The only way Freeza could be turned "good" if the protagonists actively wished for it using the Super Dragonballs or if they decided to lobotomise him; doing the latter would only make the tyrant docile, not benevolent. Still, it's a vast improvement over where he stands at the moment.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Kanassa wrote:
julianix wrote:If Freeza does betray u7 it's just more evidence Toriyama is losing his mind.
Please, explain how this works.
Because it makes no sense. There's nothing you can gain by doing this that will benefit the story and keep people entertained. You already showed us that Freeza rushed back for revenge without even having much of a plan...he did is twice already and failed. It would be piss poor writing, creativity and reason for Freeza to do it a 3rd time. You have the greatest villain in the franchise and you want to dumb him down? Give him some personality, give him some common sense; a semblance of a greater purpose.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:41 pm

His purpose is being the opportunist. If someone here is giving him an out with the bonus of screwing over the Saiyans he`s never stopped hating, then all the better. Wishing for different development is one thing but OOC this ain`t. Most of us were exactly expecting something like this along the way sooner or later because there`s nothing on Freeza`s character about being honorable.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 pm

People are jumping the gun once again.

Just you watch, he'll pretend to betray them and side with Frost but then when it really comes down to it he'll screw over Frost and he'll actually not be against Universe 7 at all.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Its not stupid, I'm just such a bastard I'd betray you guys for a klondike bar.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:24 pm

gohan_black wrote:Goku wanted to revive frieza for what? frieza already betrayed goku in episode 95 when he shot the god energy ball on him and goku was like ''this is just the way he is''

so why recruit him in the first place? the bigger question is to toei. why the hell would you replace buu with frieza if frieza just gonna do the obvious and betray the universe. why would goku and beerus and everyone would recruit him when they know hes like that? the better question is to toei. why did you made buu sleep again after you did the same in the universe 6 arc? just for doing the obvious and making a bad guy go bad once again

dont you think it would be less obvious to show frieza actually working with the team instead of betraying them? making it more suprising that despite being a vilian he can work his teammates for the favour of the universe.

but no. they had to do the obvious and destroy fat buu charecter once again for nothing

this is just really really bad and obvious writing. I'm sorry but it is.
Because, I'll say it again, Toei can't handle a character with unique abilities like Majin Buu. This was done three times, first in the RoF saga, then the Champa arc and now here. Buu, for some reason, can't fight.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Has it even been confirmed that this will happen. I think it's a dumb idea too but I'm willing to see the reasoning first. If the reasoning isn't too sound on what Freeza's purpose is other than to just be antagonistic then yeah I'm on the BS train too.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:37 pm

While we dont know exactly why they are teaming up yet....

[spoiler]Its going to end in betrayl as Frost is going to try and shoot Frieza in the back going by the preview.[/spoiler]

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:44 pm

I now have a feeling Gohans fight vs the yardrat will be over pretty quickly.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Its not stupid, I'm just such a bastard I'd betray you guys for a klondike bar.
Now that`s the bastard I know :D
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:31 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:While we dont know exactly why they are teaming up yet....

[spoiler]Its going to end in betrayl as Frost is going to try and shoot Frieza in the back going by the preview.[/spoiler]
They were hinting it was for revenge against the sayians, but I get a feeling it's a double cross as that little red thing in the preview for 108 seems like it might have been meant for frieza and they are just getting rid of universe 7 characters.(Although that could be purposely misleading obviously) I can't imagine betrayal and universe jumping would go over well with zeno and the grand priest. So that almost seems like a pointless plan outside of a setup for a double cross and the elimination of a uni 7 character which was the mouse gods obsession when this all started. In the end I think it will be made clear frieza was using his knowledge of his alter egos deceit to deal with him directly and it was all double double crossing etc as there was no sense in jumping ship in the situation. Not that he wouldn't potentially under other circumstances. There is nothing for frieza to gain unless frost is hidding huge ammounts of power. What universe would he cross to unless he just went mad and let his anger take over his thinking. He seems like he's likely too intelligent to do anything that drastic considering the tournament rules etc. Although I could see him acting it out a bit before taking down frost or other enemies.. I would imagine a double cross might count as a disqualification unless he's subtle and zeno allows it. But that might end any chance of revival at the end if he's holding out to see if it's possible. Universe 7 is not in a bad spot to win also... He'd be jumping to an even weaker team.

Edit: Yea, what he said in the spoiler. I didn't notice it was there.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:53 am

julianix wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
julianix wrote:If Freeza does betray u7 it's just more evidence Toriyama is losing his mind.
Because it makes no sense.
Which says nothing about Toriyama's mental state.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:09 am

I was always pretty sure they'd try to pull a fast one each other. It seems to me that Freeza is definitely expecting it, and I only wonder whether Frost knows that he is expecting it. "I know that you know that I know that you ...." Their like-mindedness should also make them wary of one another.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:41 am

My theory... His "betrayal" will be used as plan to get Frost out with minimum efforts.

He will have some fun with Gohan cuz of his hate for Saiyans but at the end he will eliminate Frost instead who tries to backstab him... He will explain that he wanted Frost to think that Freeza is trusting him and that they are true allies knowing that Frost will backstab him

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:57 am

However it plays out I suspect Frieza has kept at least one trump card up his proverbial sleeve. I doubt that Frost knows how powerful Frieza REALLY is (i.e Frieza hasn't revealed his Golden form to him).

Whilst I am only speculating, I'd argue it is very safe to assume that Frieza won't be knocked out before he's used his Golden form.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:57 am

I really don't see what Freeza's plan is and how he could possibly benefit from betraying his own universe, in fact, he would just end up getting erased even quicker. They're all going to die anyway if they don't win this tournament of power, so what's the deal?

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:37 am

julianix wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Because it makes no sense. There's nothing you can gain by doing this that will benefit the story and keep people entertained. You already showed us that Freeza rushed back for revenge without even having much of a plan...he did is twice already and failed. It would be piss poor writing, creativity and reason for Freeza to do it a 3rd time. You have the greatest villain in the franchise and you want to dumb him down? Give him some personality, give him some common sense; a semblance of a greater purpose.
But Freeza has demonstrated many times that his common sense is lacking. It would be very in character for him to do stupid, counter-productive shit like this :D

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:01 am

People are thinking Frost is going to try and shoot Frieza...I actually think Gohan is on the ground there possibly and Frost is trying to "Finish" him. Obviously someone will intervene at that point.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:27 am

Saturnine wrote:But Freeza has demonstrated many times that his common sense is lacking. It would be very in character for him to do stupid, counter-productive shit like this :D
Plus Frieza has never seen Goku use Kaioken Blue. As far as he knows he's tied with Goku for U7's #1 spot. I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he can win all on his own.