What will happen the day Akira Toriyama (God Forbid) Passes away?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Re: What will happen the day Akira Toriyama (God Forbid) Passes away?

Post by DragonBallLove » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 pm

precita wrote:No, Dragonball was not designed to run forever. It isn't Pokemon.

Dragonball was designed to have an ending. The merch like the toys/videogames can go on forever of course, that's what happened from 1996-2013 before the series was revived.
I agree with you but I guess 2013 onwards you can call it milking the cow, and they would do it until its dry.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:15 am

Lol why are you guys acting like Toriyama has been writing new plot developments for years now? It'll just go back to how the series was before BoG. Living through games, fanworks, merchandise, and the occasional special/spin off

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 am

They will gather the dragon balls.

But in all honesty, Super will likely swiftly end. However, we'll still get games, merchandise, movies/specials and maybe a spin-off series. We were like a decade and change without DB before BoG.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 pm

I think out of respect of Toriyama, they will ending the series with after finishing the arc they would be in. I think there will one-off manga about specific characters but not another tv show. That would most likely to happen if Toriyama dies.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.