Super Episode 107 (17 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Episode 107 (17 September 2017)

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:40 am

I really hope this episode is the turning point for the tournament and we start getting high quality episodes from here on out. The tournament's quality has been fluctuating a lot ever since it started. So far 101, 104, 105 and 107 are the only episodes I would consider to be great or better.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:46 am

Very good episode. The drama, music, animation was on point.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:47 am

I've praised this episode a lot but also want to give a shout out to vegetas awesome line as he eliminated Magetta. Go and do something about that ego lol

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:52 am

Beerus fans who think he's is so bad ass, he doesnt praise anybody.

Well, he has a thing for baldies you know...next thing you'll see is Vegeta and Goku with shaved heads, and nobody having a clue what SS levels they are.

Nice episode, Roshi has done a hell of a job, though i had too much expectations that Vegeta would somehow explode out of that seal.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 am

precita wrote:
Username2016 wrote:If every bald guy is getting eliminated then first that means...

PICCOLO IS GETTING ELIMINATED NEXT CONFIRMED
Oh dear god no, oh dear god no.

I didn't even think of that. Piccolo can be eliminated at any time now.
Or is it freeza,frost or jiren?Everyone place your bets.
A great episode really liked vegeta and roshi's interaction.That's the same reason I want piccolo and gohan to be separated.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:20 am

After the last few good/decent episodes this was great episode. With that thread that said the order of eliminations may have been previewed in the ending, and Vegeta was the 3rd fighter next to Tien and Krillin, I was going insane when Vegeta got trapped in the Mafuba capsule. My thoughts were:

"Wow so this really is the end for Vegeta."
Vegeta really is leaving the tournament this early."
"Vegeta lost to Frieza on Planet Namek and now he's going to lose to Frost."
"How will Master Roshi survive Frost and Magetta if Vegeta is gone?"

And then Roshi to the rescue! Roshi has been used pretty well in the ToP. I'd say Android 17 & Roshi have done a lot to look good in this ToP. And the Mafuba counterattack by Frost was really smart. I already didn't like the idea of the Mafuba being allowed by Zeno because to me it's not fair to bring some object into the tournament. So to see Frost brilliantly turn that back on Vegeta and Roshi was a good showing. Vegeta then got to finally have half of an episode to do his thing and eliminate Magetta. Very sad though that Roshi had to eliminate himself but at least it is somewhat realistic that an old man would run out of stamina in the most brutal tournament ever. I'll chalk up his elimination to Frost in my head.

As far as Maji-Kayo vs Jiren, I'm just pissed that Maji_Kayo didn't eliminate Dyspo. At least that would've given Maji-Kayo's universe some love. Either that or at least show some sort of fight of Maji-Kayo against Jiren instead of Maji-Kayo getting crushed so easily. Still not impressed with Jiren btw.

Next episode looks great as well. The great thing about Frieza and Frost episodes are that there are lot of mind games and underhanded stuff going on, which makes my mind think a ton of different possibilities. You can never trust Frieza or Frost which is always intriguing. I'm a huge Gohan fan, but I really wish Vegeta was in Gohan's spot in the next episode. It makes so much sense for Vegeta to try to get his revenge on Frieza's race. Gohan seems out of place going against Frieza and Frost
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:24 am

I actually thought Jiren VS Maji=Kayo was handled well. No need to have Maji last any longer against Jiren, when Maji himself is small fry to Jiren regardless.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:46 am

Frost had to promise Champa that he would attack and beat universe seven by any means necessary and that's the main catalyst that gets him to accept the terms of Frost?

I'm still scratching my head on why Champa wants his brother to get erased so bad. He obviously forgot that Beerus did him a huge brotherly favour at the end of the Universe six tournament arc.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:08 am

omaro34 wrote:Frost had to promise Champa that he would attack and beat universe seven by any means necessary and that's the main catalyst that gets him to accept the terms of Frost?

I'm still scratching my head on why Champa wants his brother to get erased so bad. He obviously forgot that Beerus did him a huge brotherly favour at the end of the Universe six tournament arc.
It's likely more of a case of him wanting to win the Tournament. Universe 6 will probably win, and then use the Super Dragon Ball's to restore Universe 7, thus paying back his debt to Beerus from the end of the previous tournament

Did anyone else notice that we finally had Saenaru and Pirina seen in the show outside of the GodPad?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:10 am

Michsi wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Usually I would have a problem with an episode dedicating the beginning to establish how many fighters are left in the tournament, but we're like 10 episodes into this tournament so I'm totally fine with spending some time to remind viewers just how many fighters are out and how many are left. Not to mention it had some really cool storyboarding and directing to back it all up. Look at how cool these two shots are...
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Love these two shots. Do we have the symbols for each universe listed somewhere?

Also, yay finally some decent-ish shots of the namekians. Pirina is in full view, but apparently they're still trying to keep Saonel hidden somewhat :lol:

Jigurashi wrote:
Michsi wrote:

We seriously need more of this, more team-ups between characters that we don't usually see interact. I don't even know if Vegeta and Roshi ever exchanged words in DBZ.
It's why I've been enjoying Goku's interactions with 18, they don't usually interact.
Yup. Though I fear it's not going to be a trend, since Roshi was a character without a designated partner so-to-speak. The only other one is Freeza. I can totally see them sticking with Goku/Vegeta , Piccolo/Gohan, 17/18.
I thought the same thing about Saonel and we still haven't seen them fully on the ring yet. We got shown there face on a Godpad and their full bodies in a recap and if we are lucky we might get to see them in the background in a few months before actually seeinh them talking a few months after that :lol:. Saonel and Pilina still look very evil especially Saonel.

They should all be teaming up with different people as they will probably never get a better opputunity to do it but we lnow Toei and Toriyama are no good at this.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 am

I never thought I could get creeped out by a member of the Frieza race, but dear god; Frost, you scare me. Also, DID HE TRY TO LABOTAMISE ROSHI!?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:25 am

Kanassa wrote:I never thought I could get creeped out by a member of the Frieza race, but dear god; Frost, you scare me. Also, DID HE TRY TO LABOTAMISE ROSHI!?
Nah, more like either trying to brand him, or give the old man a much needed tan
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:36 am

precita wrote:
Username2016 wrote:If every bald guy is getting eliminated then first that means...

Oh dear god no, oh dear god no.

I didn't even think of that. Piccolo can be eliminated at any time now.
Until those Namekians show up, Piccolo isn't going anywhere. Relax.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:40 am

omaro34 wrote:Frost had to promise Champa that he would attack and beat universe seven by any means necessary and that's the main catalyst that gets him to accept the terms of Frost?

To be honest, it is very easy, once one stops judging from a human perspective. I keep bragging how DB has literary nothing to do with our (like, our mankind) output virtues.
Just take Zeno's for example, they do not hesitate to erase anything the moment it reasons with them, reasons that we never will agree with.

DB has to be interpreted as "everything alien", and brotherhood would barely mean anything to those two catnipped doberman looking gods. Just two days ago i played football (soccer) with some new guys on the pitch, and WE lost. One of the guys said "i dont like to lose, not even to my brother", it's fucked up for a human, but it shouldn't for a GoD, which by our standards, we shouldn't be able to comprehend to begin with.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 am

omaro34 wrote:I'm still scratching my head on why Champa wants his brother to get erased so bad. He obviously forgot that Beerus did him a huge brotherly favour at the end of the Universe six tournament arc.
Because people have this idealized version of Beerus and Champa's relationship that just simply doesn't exist in the anime/manga.

However "close" you may think they are, I doubt they'd care too much at the moment, not when their respective universes are at stake. This is 100% in character for Champa.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 am

Of course, that means that.... The true mystery of Jiren has been solved. He is the fusion of every Baldie in the multi-verse!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:46 am

shadowmaria wrote:

It's likely more of a case of him wanting to win the Tournament. Universe 6 will probably win, and then use the Super Dragon Ball's to restore Universe 7, thus paying back his debt to Beerus from the end of the previous tournament

Did anyone else notice that we finally had Saenaru and Pirina seen in the show outside of the GodPad?
Champa does seem like he has real animosity towards his brother for some reason. He seems to be specifically targeting them. Every mockery he's made has been towards Beerus, not any of the other God's of destruction. He seems hell bent on seeing universe seven lose more than one would expect.

And on another note, I like how they're not giving away the spoilers of who is getting eliminated.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:52 am

Pluto wrote:

To be honest, it is very easy, once one stops judging from a human perspective. I keep bragging how DB has literary nothing to do with our (like, our mankind) output virtues.
Just take Zeno's for example, they do not hesitate to erase anything the moment it reasons with them, reasons that we never will agree with.

DB has to be interpreted as "everything alien", and brotherhood would barely mean anything to those two catnipped doberman looking gods. Just two days ago i played football (soccer) with some new guys on the pitch, and WE lost. One of the guys said "i dont like to lose, not even to my brother", it's fucked up for a human, but it shouldn't for a GoD, which by our standards, we shouldn't be able to comprehend to begin with.
Interesting take. I get what you mean, and that's probably the attitude we should have. However, Beerus wishing his brother's earth back was a nice gesture which means he's capable of showing sibling compassion to an extent. Champa has exhibited all the things you described, and I'll look at him as someone out to get his by any means necessary.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:57 am

omaro34 wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:

Champa does seem like he has real animosity towards his brother for some reason. He seems to be specifically targeting them. Every mockery he's made has been towards Beerus, not any of the other God's of destruction. He seems hell bent on seeing universe seven lose more than one would expect.

And on another note, I like how they're not giving away the spoilers of who is getting eliminated.
I think his also targetting universe 7 for strategic reasons. He already knows that universe 7 is a major competitor, by eliminating them as soon as possible, Universe 6's chances of winning will increase dramatically.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:58 am

Great episode. No complaints bar one. Jiren.

Sorry, but there is a reason that 'One Punch Man' is a parody anime. I think someone in the production team saw Saitama but totally missed the point. And I'm really growing to dislike Jiren, and U11 in general, at this point. From what little of Jiren's (VERY bland) personality I don't like him. For all the "Justice" blab, he doesn't seem to give a much of a crap about his team; to me it felt like there was a air of exasperation when he stepped in to rescue Dyspo. All-in-all U11 seem to have a 'Jiren is all that matters' attitude. "Pride" my ass. The 'Jiren Force' would be more appropriate.

Otherwise though, best episode of this run.