The ToP started at 97 and we're now at 107 . How would you rank the episodes and the tournament as a whole thus far?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

The ToP started at 97 and we're now at 107 . How would you rank the episodes and the tournament as a whole thus far?

Post by Asura » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Episode 97 commenced the start of the tournament on July 2nd, 2017. On September 17th, 2017 we've reached 11 episodes. It's taken us 77 days, or around 2 and a half months to reach this point, and I believe we still have 30 minutes left in the tournament.

I would have done this at 10 episodes, but I guess I got a little confused since 107 - 97 is 10, but in terms of episode count it's actually 11 episodes. So how would you rank the episodes? And as a whole, what do you think of the tournament so far?

If you forgot what happened in which episode, here are recaps to remind you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_D ... e_Survival

My list:

#11 - Episode 102: The worst first half out of any episode of the tournament bar none. The repeated animation in this episode was disgusting, and the excuse of "But it's a parody!" doesn't fly outside of the transformation sequences. #17 was the only saving grace of this episode but unfortunately the first half of the episode was so colossally bad that this ends up being the worst episode of the tournament for me.

#10 - Episode 106: Terrible through and through. An interesting concept with a sniper and a reflector, but unfortunately the enemy designs were lazy and uninspiring and the way in which the enemy was dealt with was mindnumbingly stupid (Just throw rocks at them! I forgot how to use my fists!). Every character got disrespected this episode. From Gohan being treated like a baby, to Piccolo being a human shield who has a fetish for getting his arms blown off (or maybe it's just the writers with the fetish), to Goku and Vegeta being reduced to cavemen throwing rocks, to Tenshinhan doing nothing the entire tournament and taking out some dumb looking birdperson. Sad!

#9 - Episode 98: From here on out, none of these episodes I would consider bad. 98 is just OK. Getting rid of Universe 9 literally an episode in to the tournament reminded us of how high the stakes are, but I don't really think it was needed this early and Goku and Vegeta basically taking out an entire universe by themselves in a single episode is just boring to watch. If the idea was to just get rid of U9 as fast as possible so it's 10 less characters to write for/worry about, they should have just gotten rid of everyone but the Trio and let them survive a bit longer. Maybe let them last at least another episode or two. The Final Kamehameha was pretty cool though.

#8 - Episode 100: This episode could have been so much better, but instead was disappointing. Goku training Caulifla was great and I loved their exchanges but I was really looking forward to seeing Caulifla vs Goku and it just wasn't impressive at all. The animation was poorly done, and at times Caulifla's VA was the only one shouting/making noise during their punches and exchanges. Then we had ABC (Awful Broly Clone) transform and show us just how terrible of a character she is. On the plus side though at least the Kale vs Goku animation was pretty good, especially compared to the Caulifla fight.

#7 - Episode 103: A slow first half. Gohan vs Botamo was pathetic and Gohan's strategy of beating Botamo was just... wow. It looked laughably stupid to boot. The main attraction of the episode was Gohan vs U10's last warrior Obuni. To me this episode was one of the biggest examples of something that could have been so much more. The way in which the episode was handled was poor. The entire episode should have been from Gohan's perspective from start to finish. We should have seen Gohan fight Obuni and for the two to learn and respect each other more during the entire episode. The fight was cool and Obuni was an interesting character but when he was erased and the little locket fell out of his pocket I felt just about nothing because we've only seen this character for like, 5 minutes and aside from "Hey you're a pretty respectful guy, what's your name?" there was no real connection or interaction between Gohan and Obuni. It would have felt so much more powerful if we got to see and know more about this character and for Gohan to know more about him too before he's erased before our eyes and we see his family. Very disappointing.

#6 - Episode 97: A lot of people were disappointed in this episode that started off the tournament, but I thought it was basically perfect. It really captured that battle royale feeling well, especially seeing all these different universes getting some focus and a little bit of screen time. It was chaos like it was meant to be, and aside from the repeated animation (Vegeta literally punching the same guy for the entire episode) I thought this was a perfect way to start things off. And the first elimination was caused by a universe other than U7/U6/U11.

#5 - Episode 99: I think Krillin got shafted in how early he was thrown out of the tournament and him being the first eliminated for U7 is just such a typical writing trope for his character. On the plus side though, he had a really damn good showing in this episode and the fact that the episode was solely focused on only Krillin and #18 gave us our first real episode without Goku in it and gave the other members of U7 a chance to shine. His ping-pong attack with #18 was creative and original and his swagger in saving her made him look like quite the ladies man. That is until episode 100 when for some reason #18 does a complete 180 and starts talking shit about him. Yep, very consistent writing there.

#4 - Episode 101: The Caulifla and Kale episode that made up for the previous and very mediocre Caulifla and Kale episode right before it. The Goku, #17, and #18 team-up was really quite interesting to see especially when you think about the fact that originally they were designed to kill him, and now they're standing side by side with him. Oh how things have changed. I think the Pride Troopers had a pretty good showing this episode. Each one had unique abilities and while we didn't really get to know a ton about them (or like, anything at all) they served their purpose as fodder for Caulifla and Kale's character development. Speaking of which, this marks the episode in which Kale is no longer just an ABC! (Awful Broly Clone) She's finally starting to become her own likeable character and thank God for that. I'm excited to see how she'll perform later down the line but I'd really prefer if they let her stick with her SSJ form instead of the Broly form.

#3 - Episode 105: I wouldn't say these top 3 episodes are in a league of their own compared to the others, but the quality in to them is definitely noticeable compared to the others. This episode focused solely on Roshi as he dealt with 3 different opponents from Universe 4. The first opponent he faced he defeated by threatening to rape her (Or rather, he wasn't threatening to rape her but that's how it came across because for some reason the writers just can't seem to help themselves when it comes to writing Roshi's perverted side) and her running off the stage because of ye olde tradition of "If I'm raped, no one will ever want to marry me!" Yep. Great joke. Okay but that aside the second opponent had an interesting gimmick and it was interesting to see how Roshi handles his different opponents and shows off his experienced side of fighting and his different abilities. This episode was about Roshi wanting to come out of retirement and show everyone that he can fight again and that he won't be a detriment to them. The end of the episode with Roshi almost dying and Goku crying and hugging him was very powerful and emotional and probably the most emotion we've seen from Goku since... uh... the original Dragon Ball? I don't even know. It was nice to see Goku finally getting some kind of character development since all he's been doing in Super is regressing.

#2 - Episode 107: The opening shot of this episode with Frost talking to Champa and then it quickly and flawlessly transitioning to him back at the tournament was beautifully done, and from that alone you knew immediately that this was going to be a good episode. Frost doesn't entirely feel like a Freeza clone. He seems to have a much more level head and where he lacks in power he more than makes up for in skill and cunning. His fight with Roshi and Vegeta was beautiful and his plan to reverse-Mafuba him into the jar and then throw him off the stage was really smart, as well as his tag team with Magetta. Vegeta and Roshi are the two characters you would expect to never, ever team up, so to see them team up and having them actually worry and care for each other too, now that was something interesting and would have never happened if not for this arc. Roshi had a spectacular send-off and his character had incredible development in this arc. He got Vegeta's respect, he got Beerus' respect. Hell, Beerus even calls him Muten Roshi now instead of old man. You know you're doing shit right when the God of Destruction bothers to remember your name. If only Piccolo would receive this same treatment...

#1 - Episode 104: My pick for number one is episode 104. Non-stop action, and the performances that every single fighter gave was great. The emergence of the new soundtracks combined with the badass fighting tag team of Goku and Hit reminded us why this tournament exists, for awesome moments like this. The return of Super Saiyan God made me happy to see and while many complained of its lack of explanation as to how the form returned, I think it can be logically explained by the fact that he would have never needed to use it in any fight before this since he unlocked SSB, but this was the perfect opportunity to use it. One of the most action packed episodes of the tournament from start to finish and one of the better episodes in the entirety of Super. My only sole complaint about this episode was how Goku just turns SSB and blasts through the minefield without a scratch. Is there some innate tank ability to SSB that I don't know about? It wasn't a very interesting way to deal with Kunshi (is that his name? Something like that). Aside from that minor complaint though, definitely my favorite episode of the tournament but the top 3 on this list are all very close for me.

My thoughts so far on the Tounament of Power is that it's good, but not great. It had a strong start with 97 and 99, and then began to lull around the mid-point before finally beginning to pick up into extremely strong territory with 104, 105, and 107. The most disappointing aspect to me is the fact that U7 and U6 make up a combined total of 93% of all eliminations or something like that. Really that's just not very fun to see. The first few episodes felt like a battle royale, but after that it just became "All right, take your ticket and wait in line, Goku's got a lot of people to fight today so please be patient, don't fight each other, and don't cut the line. We'll call you when he's ready." There was so, so much wasted potential in a lot of these characters. Why did they even bother showing us Murichim? Dude basically got eliminated off screen. Why not show us Obuni instead from the start? He was a far more interesting character and lasted much longer. How about that dude that Cabba casually one-shot off the arena? What was the point in even showing that guy to us beforehand if that's how he's going to meet his end?

The episodes are only going to get better from here on out. Now that there's a workable number of characters that they can deal with they're going to stop feeling like complete fodder and things will begin getting interesting and more intense. This tournament will definitely be known for its slow and somewhat disappointing start but I have a feeling that the middle and especially the end are going to be very, very well received. Especially if 104, 105, and 107 are anything to go by thus far.

Right now this entire arc as a whole I would give an 8.5/10. It far, far, far, far, far surpasses every other arc in Super in my opinion even in spite of its problems. I look forward to seeing how it all ends.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: The ToP started at 97 and we're now at 107 . How would you rank the episodes and the tournament as a whole thus far?

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:38 pm

#11 - Episode 98
Absolutely terrible. This is where most of my main gripes with the tournament became clear. There is no tension or stakes because we know universe will survive (due to the end of Z), so focusing an entire episode on them is pointless. This doesn't feel like a battle royale since only U7 (and 6) are fighting and they're the only universes that matter. The animation has been reused and the new one is largely unimpressive. Characters with interesting abilities are wasted pointlessly instead of using their gimmicks as a good foil for our main characters; fight match-ups are terrible and don't highlight Goku and Vegeta's tactical prowess (they've been acting like idiots and wasting stamina pointlessly). Character team-ups are boring and predictable when this would be a good time to form new relationships or build on shallow ones, yet all we see is Goku and Vegeta (and Gohan plus Piccolo) for the billionth time. Literally no characters (besides Gohan in one single instance in a later episode) have had any moral doubt in regards to this tournament, even though they're dooming millions of people to death and they're eliminating some fighters they know.

#10 - Episode 97
Largely the same problems as the previous entry. Except, this time, some of the other universes got a bit of spotlight and the character match-ups were a bit better. Still suffers from Goku acting like an idiot.

#9 - Episode 100
#8 - Episode 101

Fuck Kale.

#7 - Episode 106
Good ideas and good premise but suffers by turning every character into a caricature of themselves. They also humiliated Tenshinhan in spite of this being a fanservice "last hurrah" arc.

#6 - Episode 103
This is the point where the episodes stop being "terrible" and move into "mediocre." I thought the fights in this episode weren't very good (especially Gohan vs Botamo which was terrible). Obuni's ability was cool but the fight choreography didn't make good use of it. Gohan and Obuni's moment is appreciated, however, and that's the saving grace of the episode, since it's an actually good match-up that plays to our main character's strengths.

#5 - Episode 102
Another mediocre one. I liked the gag but I do agree that the sequence went on for too long; they could have cut to other characters during the second transformation, but I realize it was to pad out the episode. Still, it was nice to see #17 in action, I like his new personality over his more cocky self in Z.

#4 - Episode 99
Good episode. Cool strategy and interesting fight scenes. My only complaint is knocking Kuririn out so early, but it isn't a big deal.

#3 - Episode 107
#2 - Episode 105
#1 - Episode 104

All great or fantastic episodes that make good use of the character match-ups and develop the characters they're focusing on in a fantastic way; this is what every episode should have done instead of having U7 defeating random fodder with ease instead of overcoming one of their weaknesses or using strategy to defeat their opponents. Episode 107 even gives us an unorthodox team-up with Vegeta and Roshi. Animation and direction in 104 and 107 specifically were fantastic, too. Everyone already praised these episodes to hell back in their discussion threads, myself included. More of these in the tournament, please.

Unfortunately, the tournament has been butchered with a terrible start. It suffers from the problems I highlighted in #98 but there are also some minor problems I failed to mention. The tournament has an overabundance of 1v1s and there aren't many team-ups. Some characters feel out-of-character (or, if not, they just turned into cunts for no reason) such as Champa and Cabba. The fact that Gowasu, a character our cast knew, has been erased and nobody seems to care is also disappointing. The recruitment episodes were wasted on fluff instead of establishing most of the fighters and the ones that got some screen-time were immediately thrown out-of bounds. Nobody seems to be taking the tournament seriously besides Gohan and Beerus. Jiren is extremely boring and has less presence than every other antagonist before him. All of the secondary characters are portrayed in the same way: as evil, cocky sadists. But my main gripe is that seemingly nobody has any moral doubt about the tournament, as I stated before, only Gohan seems to care that he has doomed other innocent people. Fucking Cabba tried to knock out Vegeta a few episodes ago with no problem or inner conflict even though he knows that would result in his death. That's my main gripe, and the fact that they're wasting characters. The excuse that they wouldn't have enough time doesn't hold up when they wasted 30 episodes on build-up and we're 11 episodes in and not even 20 minutes have passed, meaning this is going to be a long tournament. They definitely had enough time to utilize every character properly.

But the tournament has been getting better, luckily enough. I hope for more interesting team-ups like Roshi and Vegeta and some interesting match-ups that showcase each character's strengths and weaknesses like Dyspo and Hit. More importantly, I'm eagerly awaiting Goku's character arc from the pre-tournament build-up to be expanded upon and concluded. I'm sure his transformation plays into the "evil," "dangerous" and "reckless" comments he constantly got throughout the Zen Exhibition, not to mention his attitude of someone who seems to be hiding something.

The arc was terrible. Now it's just bad; it has some gems. Still the second worst arc in Super, but hopefully it manages to turn that around.

Totamo

Re: The ToP started at 97 and we're now at 107 . How would you rank the episodes and the tournament as a whole thus far?

Post by Totamo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:06 pm

The tournament is as good as I expected super to do it.

I know this show like the back of my hand, i know what it will give me and what it won't. I can only laugh at those who were expecting more. Sorry, there is only so many times you can eat a sandwich and be surprise by how it tastes.

At some point, it becomes your own fault.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Totamo wrote:The tournament is as good as I expected super to do it.

I know this show like the back of my hand, i know what it will give me and what it won't. I can only laugh at those who were expecting more. Sorry, there is only so many times you can eat a sandwich and be surprise by how it tastes.

There's a difference between expecting more and wanting more. Just because we expect the show to be garbage doesn't mean we can't want it to be good.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:25 pm

#107 managed to invest me which none of the other episodes did, so hands down it is the best even though the people involved restricted themselves. By their standards it can be considered mediocre, but by DBS' standards and especially the ToP's standards, it is a quality 20 minutes with great direction. Ishitani, Nakamura and Nagamine did good. Tu as well for some nice action scenes in the second half. Nice use of limited staff.

#102 was entertaining, so it gets a mention. Magical girls are great and way better than any of the other characters involved on a pure entertainment level. But, overall it was pretty mediocre from a production standpoint.

I didn't care for any of the other episodes. The characterization of everyone so far has been meh. I don't care if they all die, in other words I'm not invested in the drama. Frost was superb in #107 though.

gammabeast21

Post by gammabeast21 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 pm

11. Episode 100:
This episode really rubbed me the wrong way. Caulifla gaining SSJ2 after asking Goku "It's the tingly feeling right?" Goku says "something like that." Then she transforms into into the form with no signs of rage like when Gohan first did it. Then we have Broly references incarnate - Kale. I don't have a problem with Kale's character it's just that you when she's there meaningful storytelling flies out the window. Goku continues to hold back just enough to create false tension. Luckily Hire steps in to end this nonsense.

10. Episode 101:
You could probably guess that this would be my next least favourite episode. Caulifla and Goku fight in their base just to create some more false tension, but this time Caulifla getting owned in her base actually leads to Kale transforming so that she can save Caulifla who was never in any real danger. Kale's new form doesn't add anything as she proceeds to transform into SS Berserker but now she somehow has control meaning she doesn't need the other form. I didn't have a problem with 5 pride troopers being eliminated but there powers could have been used in a much more effective way than what it was. For me 18 and 17 saved the episode from being the worst with there calm and collected attitudes.

9. Episode 97:
None if the episodes from here on are terrible. This episode accomplished what it needed to which was show the chaos of a battle royal. That said it was still too scattered to really keep track if anything or be invested in anything happening. Goku going Blue in the first episode of the tournament, because it just reminds how his always holding back and that their any tension with him unless gets beaten in SSB.

8. Episode 106:
This episode tried something different was Z-style brawling but rather analytical strategic battles. Where positioning and teamwork was key. We get to see Piccolo's strategic side in this episode. Tien gets his one and only for great super moment which is chasing down the sniper so that he can't help Prum. His eyesight saves the day- something hasn't been a factor since OG Dragon ball. We also got he great gag of Doctor Rota's Ability.

7. Episode 99:
Krillin reminds us in this episode that it wasn't his strength that kept him alive the Freeze Saga but his tactics and techniques. In this episode we get to see more of the power couple that is Krillin and 18 as they perform one of the best tag team sequences in the tournament so far. Not to mention he saved her from a ring out. We then get to Krillin defeat an opponent who We didn't think he could defeat. This is when Krillin shows us once again that power isn't everything in the tournament of power. He got eliminated for being which I can't blame as I probably would pretty cocktail if I had streak like Krillin.

6. Episode 98:
U9 vs Goku and Vegeta was good but had the potential to be great. This episode links the preliminaries to the TOP with U9 wanting their revenge. This episode displays The Trio De Dangers brotherly bond through their fighting styles. The Dangers Triangle is a formation the brothers literally all have each others back and it seg ways the theme that you don't have to be the strongest if you're tactics are good enough. This episode also provides the views with great satisfaction of seeing Ro get erased.

5. Episode 103:
It starts off great with more Shoujo references between Ribrianne and 17 as well Goku struggling against Rozie because she utilises actual martial arts LOL. It then segways into the lowest point of this episode which is Gohan vs Botamo. This fight was just plain stupid. We then get highlight if the episode Gohan vs Obuni. Obuni through use of his strange technique is able to push Gohan to Ultimate. Beerus comments how both fighters are giving their all. We also get to see the two fighters trade names(a sign of respect). Gohan eliminates Obuni leading to U10's erasure. We get to see show not tell seen of Gohan coming to grips with the consequences of his actions.

4. Episode 104:
Hit vs Dyspo. This episode was great because of how it focused on just one fight. The fight could develop from Hit being owned to Hit advancing to to defeat Dyspo and them Kunshi and Goku stepping in to help out. SSG was a problem for me because of how little explanation there was. It was like they expected the viewer to have read the manga which shouldn't be a must. Just the spectacle of Goku and Hit teaming up 2nd something to behold.

3. Episode 102:
Now most might have this as their worst episode but I look at in the larger spectrum of the whole franchise and even further beyond. The joke in this episode is something that will out last Kale's rampage or Goku and Hit teaming up. That is because it affects Shounen, Shoujo and Super Sent a tropes alike. Having Goku, Ribrianne and Toppo represent each trope was a treat as well. Then we have the Kusana vs 17 fight which was just pure badass from both parties whether it Kusana utilising the environment or 17 being calm and just getting the job done. This probably gas the most memorable scene out if any in this list.

2. Episode 105:
The Roshi episode. This one caught everyone by surprise myself included. Roshi displays the importance of Chastity, Strange techniques and experience. The last fight was by far the best not because if animation but what it represented. Old generation vs new generation and Students teaching the master a lesson. We also see the bond between Rossi and his students.

1. Episode 107:
The best episode by far whether you look at story, storyboarding, animation, voice acting, music placement and character interactions. A post I saw earlier really captured Frosts character. Which was how Freeza would be if he wasn't the strongest guy around and had to rely on other tactics to run his his empire. Frost displays his strategies prowess by immediately coming up with the plan to trap vegeta after experiencing the Mafuba once. Vegeta and Roshi for fall his plan hook, line and sinker. The 2nd of Magetta an Frost vs Vegeta had really good animation and choreography. Roshi eliminating himself because he was literally about die was great as also means no one actually eliminated him.He left voluntarily. There's probably more I could about this episode but my finger are really tired at this point so cheers.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:42 pm

I literally can't remember each individual ep off the top of my head.

But the weakest eps was the Kale/Broly beserker episode. And I guess the Tien episode. But all others have been good or great.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:54 pm

No episode stands out to me. It's all been the same shit.

I just remember Broly girl thinking Goku was stealing her trap queen. Oh, and Master Roshi killing himself multiple times, but not really because to hell with continuity.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Going by the folder of screenshots I took and the comics I drew, in chronological order:
(Note, this is actually going to be mostly the positive stuff because that's the stuff I screenshot'd/drew fan-art of).

97: Freeza still not keen on playing nice, which is good. Animation looks decent with the exception of Gohan's extra-large comically redrawn hand thrown in because recycled bits.

98: Goku and Vegeta team-ups make me happy. I liked this episode at the time.

99: I liked the Krillin and 18 team-up. Disappointed Krillin got KO'd right after this.

100: I recall thinking the Kale episode was unintentionally funny, but I don't think that was Toei's intent. Also she was unable to top Zamasu's epic "SON GOKUHHHH!" from last arc, but that's a high bar to begin with. The three Uni 6 saiyans don't interest me, I'm still holding out for a look at Planet Salad though.

101: Goku getting attack-glomped from behind continues a trend. 18 tossing that one pride trooper in the bubble shield out of the ring was fun.

102: I liked the Precure and Sailor Moon gags, but it still felt like they were lacking in number. Would've liked to have seen the love attack actually affect some of the Uni 7 Team instead of having no effect at all. I liked the transformation bit, but wanted to see more stock attacks. Maybe they'll do more in 108?

103: Sad to see Gowasu go. This one had a big downer ending only buffeted by the fact that they're probably going to all be wished back by the end of this arc. Probably.

104: Ssjg Goku is love Image .

105: Maji Kayo jumps on the trend of immobilizing Goku from behind. The bit at the end with Roshi almost dying and Goku and Krillin both worrying for him was really well done. Crying Goku tugs my heart strings.

106: Let's throw rocks at him! The sniper angle was a least something fresh, even though I didn't care for either of the pair's designs. Tenshinhan's 4-man 1-man band was unintentionally funny.

107: The art direction was really good. Roshi's not my favorite, but I'm glad they treated him well. Toshio's Vegeta here feels so much more solid than Vegeta's felt in other parts of the show this year.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Wasn't there a thread asking the same thing as this one, but was created after episode 106 aired? Do we need a weekly "rate the entire tournament" thread?
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:51 pm

precita wrote:I literally can't remember each individual ep off the top of my head.
That's why I put a wiki link in the opening post that tells you what happened in which episode.
MajinMan wrote:Wasn't there a thread asking the same thing as this one, but was created after episode 106 aired? Do we need a weekly "rate the entire tournament" thread?
Was there? Oops. Haven't been here in a week or two given the break that Super had. Looked on the first page before making this thread though and didn't see anything. I guess this all stems from my mistake of thinking this was the 10th episode hence why would anyone ask this question after only 9 episodes. But nope, I'm dumb, it's not as simple as 107 - 97.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Asura wrote:
MajinMan wrote:Wasn't there a thread asking the same thing as this one, but was created after episode 106 aired? Do we need a weekly "rate the entire tournament" thread?
Was there? Oops. Haven't been here in a week or two given the break that Super had. Looked on the first page before making this thread though and didn't see anything. I guess this all stems from my mistake of thinking this was the 10th episode hence why would anyone ask this question after only 9 episodes. But nope, I'm dumb, it's not as simple as 107 - 97.
I think this was thread MajinMan was talking about.

My opinion of the episodes individually in that thread, is the same in this one, too:
1. Episode 107 (10/10)
2. Episode 105 (10/10)
3. Episode 104 (9/10)
4. Episode 99 (9/10)
5. Episode 102 (8.5/10)
6. Episode 98 (8.5/10)
7. Episode 97 (8/10)
8. Episode 101 (8/10
8. Episode 103 (7.5/10)
10. Episode 106 (6/10)

As you can tell, I think highly of this arc and enjoy it a lot so far.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Totamo wrote:The tournament is as good as I expected super to do it.

I share this sentiment. It seems some people expected all the new characters to receive time and have back story.

Not to say there arent ways it could be executed much better. It could...but So so far it's more or less in line quality wise with what I expected.

Episodes have been hit or miss individually. Loved some and disliked others. Overall I'd give it a solid B though based on my expectations.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Doctor. wrote:#11 - Episode 98
Absolutely terrible. This is where most of my main gripes with the tournament became clear. There is no tension or stakes because we know universe will survive (due to the end of Z), so focusing an entire episode on them is pointless. This doesn't feel like a battle royale since only U7 (and 6) are fighting and they're the only universes that matter. The animation has been reused and the new one is largely unimpressive. Characters with interesting abilities are wasted pointlessly instead of using their gimmicks as a good foil for our main characters; fight match-ups are terrible and don't highlight Goku and Vegeta's tactical prowess (they've been acting like idiots and wasting stamina pointlessly). Character team-ups are boring and predictable when this would be a good time to form new relationships or build on shallow ones, yet all we see is Goku and Vegeta (and Gohan plus Piccolo) for the billionth time. Literally no characters (besides Gohan in one single instance in a later episode) have had any moral doubt in regards to this tournament, even though they're dooming millions of people to death and they're eliminating some fighters they know.

#10 - Episode 97
Largely the same problems as the previous entry. Except, this time, some of the other universes got a bit of spotlight and the character match-ups were a bit better. Still suffers from Goku acting like an idiot.

#9 - Episode 100
#8 - Episode 101

Fuck Kale.

#7 - Episode 106
Good ideas and good premise but suffers by turning every character into a caricature of themselves. They also humiliated Tenshinhan in spite of this being a fanservice "last hurrah" arc.

#6 - Episode 103
This is the point where the episodes stop being "terrible" and move into "mediocre." I thought the fights in this episode weren't very good (especially Gohan vs Botamo which was terrible). Obuni's ability was cool but the fight choreography didn't make good use of it. Gohan and Obuni's moment is appreciated, however, and that's the saving grace of the episode, since it's an actually good match-up that plays to our main character's strengths.

#5 - Episode 102
Another mediocre one. I liked the gag but I do agree that the sequence went on for too long; they could have cut to other characters during the second transformation, but I realize it was to pad out the episode. Still, it was nice to see #17 in action, I like his new personality over his more cocky self in Z.

#4 - Episode 99
Good episode. Cool strategy and interesting fight scenes. My only complaint is knocking Kuririn out so early, but it isn't a big deal.

#3 - Episode 107
#2 - Episode 105
#1 - Episode 104

All great or fantastic episodes that make good use of the character match-ups and develop the characters they're focusing on in a fantastic way; this is what every episode should have done instead of having U7 defeating random fodder with ease instead of overcoming one of their weaknesses or using strategy to defeat their opponents. Episode 107 even gives us an unorthodox team-up with Vegeta and Roshi. Animation and direction in 104 and 107 specifically were fantastic, too. Everyone already praised these episodes to hell back in their discussion threads, myself included. More of these in the tournament, please.

Unfortunately, the tournament has been butchered with a terrible start. It suffers from the problems I highlighted in #98 but there are also some minor problems I failed to mention. The tournament has an overabundance of 1v1s and there aren't many team-ups. Some characters feel out-of-character (or, if not, they just turned into cunts for no reason) such as Champa and Cabba. The fact that Gowasu, a character our cast knew, has been erased and nobody seems to care is also disappointing. The recruitment episodes were wasted on fluff instead of establishing most of the fighters and the ones that got some screen-time were immediately thrown out-of bounds. Nobody seems to be taking the tournament seriously besides Gohan and Beerus. Jiren is extremely boring and has less presence than every other antagonist before him. All of the secondary characters are portrayed in the same way: as evil, cocky sadists. But my main gripe is that seemingly nobody has any moral doubt about the tournament, as I stated before, only Gohan seems to care that he has doomed other innocent people. Fucking Cabba tried to knock out Vegeta a few episodes ago with no problem or inner conflict even though he knows that would result in his death. That's my main gripe, and the fact that they're wasting characters. The excuse that they wouldn't have enough time doesn't hold up when they wasted 30 episodes on build-up and we're 11 episodes in and not even 20 minutes have passed, meaning this is going to be a long tournament. They definitely had enough time to utilize every character properly.

But the tournament has been getting better, luckily enough. I hope for more interesting team-ups like Roshi and Vegeta and some interesting match-ups that showcase each character's strengths and weaknesses like Dyspo and Hit. More importantly, I'm eagerly awaiting Goku's character arc from the pre-tournament build-up to be expanded upon and concluded. I'm sure his transformation plays into the "evil," "dangerous" and "reckless" comments he constantly got throughout the Zen Exhibition, not to mention his attitude of someone who seems to be hiding something.

The arc was terrible. Now it's just bad; it has some gems. Still the second worst arc in Super, but hopefully it manages to turn that around.
Fun fact is that the episodes you consider good, 3 of them were written by Toshio(99,104 and 107). So far Toshio has been the best writer in this Arc so far. Toei should promote him to head writer or maybe a combo of Toshio and Toyotaro(if Toyo keeps gaining control over the series). :think:

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Pretty Much Yea this topic was done on another thread too, but that is ok, I will post my reviews here as well to support your thread as well Asura! ;)

Here were My Original Reviews with a few Rating Changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 97 ~~~ 7/10

A Decent Opening, Cool Moments and Nice Animations but felt not as Epic and having allot of the key players from other universe shown fighting, they showed a few but not all I felt they should have. So Ok.

Episode 98 ~~~ 6/10

The Fight with Universe 9 was Good and the Teamwork by Universe 9 was Impressive and I loved that. Just not much of a Fan of a WHOLE team being eliminated in 1 Episode, this should have been at least 2 episodes long IMO.

Episode 99 ~~~ 9/10

Solid Story, Solid Writing, Good pacing and Great showing of Krillian and his Skills!

Episode 100 ~~~ 8/10 (first half), 7/10 (second half)

The overall Episode was Great, I loved the Caulifla and Goku Fight, the 1st SSJ Male and 1st SSJ Female felt like History being Made and I loved the Moment. The 2nd Half was a Nice Fight and Homage to Broly and the change-up to Saying Son Goku was a Nice Touch. Only Negative was why Jiren's Attack did not Ring-Out Kale, I did not want Kale Ringed-Out, but it seemed like a Solid and Easy Ring out for Jiren, just did not get that, that is what brought down the 2nd half?! :crazy:

Episode 101 ~~~ 1.5/10

IMO the Worst Episode so Far in the ToP, HALF of Universe 11's Team Ringed Out in a Single Episode, Dumb down showing of power by Kahseral who I thought would be a heavy hitter in this Arc and just not a good showing by the Main Team with the Most Hope and Hype in this, just made me angry to see that happen! :cry:

SHOULD have been 2 Episodes Long IMO.

Only Saving Graces where Caulifla and Kale doing the heavy lifting and the Opening Act for Episode 102!

Episode 102 ~~~ 9.5/10

I BLOOD LOVED this Episode :clap: , this was the One I was Waiting For and it Made My Laugh so Hard and Cheer so Loud, Especially the 1st Half! A Nice but Funny Homage to Magical Girls and the Girls has styles of fighting I loved, Made me a Life Long Fan of theirs by this Episode, Proud to Have Loved this Episode So Much! :D :clap: :thumbup:

LOVED The Transformations Sequence and the Helles parts where funny and beautiful, Don't Care how many times they get reused you never loose looking at a lovely lady like that all day, LOL! ;)

2nd Half was a Good Fight, Loved Kakunsa fighting Style bringing the Wolverine from X-Men to the Dragon Ball Mythos. Loved the Teamwork by Kakunsa and Vikal and I give Credit to 17 for cool and clever fighting strategy, they both Brought this ToP Up to the Next level after the MASSIVE Disappointment that was Episode 101!

Only Downside was Kakunsa and Vikal being Ringed out sooner then I thought, but that happens, but mostly I felt this fight again should have been 2 episodes long, 1/2 of an episode was WAY to fast!

Episode 103 ~~~ 10/10 (first half), 8/10 (second half)

Easily the BEST Part of the ToP for me, Ribrianne showing she is the Real Deal and Rozie showing she was not a light weight either in the 1st Half! Also I FINALLY got to see some Smart Ring Thinking by Jimeze to get away from the Edge instead of fighting on it like so many hand up to this point, Yikes! :crazy:

Gohan in the 2nd half was Great, Epic Fight with U10 and an Honorable Fight as well, the Pendant moment was key in the weight of this ToP!

Episode 104~~~ 5/10

Not a Bad Episode, but to Much talking by Dyspo on How His Powers Work, I just did not get all the talking but still a solid fight. Good Teamwork by Dyspo and Kunshi as well made this a nice episode!

Episode 105 ~~~ 9.5/10

Easily one of the Best in the ToP so Far, an Emotional Ride and Homage to the Original Dragon Ball when Master Roshi was King and shows he still can be! Also, showing Sage Like Skill and Wisdom can outmatch power and they way they explained it was Nicely done!

Only 0.5 was taken away cause the Calway match was not to all my likely.

Episode 106 ~~~ 7/10

Like this More then I thought, Tien was Boss and a Nice Double Take-down and the Team of Sniping by Hermila and Prum was Nicely Done and Made them a Major Threat! Again Universe 2 Representing Well!

Episode 107 ~~~ 8.5/10

Frost Was Excellent in this Episode and the Pacing was well done step-by-step!

Frost IMO Came off Very FREDDY KRUEGER Like and I liked that Allot. The Animations was some of the best in any episode and it feel very tense for a good amount of time. Also, it was nice to see the theory that U7 and U6 where not going to lose fighters until 109 being debunked, you need tension in each episode and the ideal some universe will not lose anyone as a fact drowned out the tension.

Also Master Roshi's bow out was Very Well Handled and well play, he gave his all and Gained a New Found Respect for me I have not had for him since the Original Dragon Ball!

Only negative was how Frost could use the Mafuba seemed allitle to out of left field even with any good explination it felt out of place.

Also the Coming of the Ribrianne vs. Goku Long awaited fight is EPIC to have seen the start of!!! :D

Lets-Get-Ready-to-RUMBLEEEEEE!!! 8) :lol:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:No episode stands out to me. It's all been the same shit.

I just remember Broly girl thinking Goku was stealing her trap queen. Oh, and Master Roshi killing himself multiple times, but not really because to hell with continuity.
All the same shit? Really? Episodes like 104, 105 and 107 did nothing for you whatsoever?

Jesus dude, how high are your expectations?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:04 am

Not a good start to the tournament, the episode was poorly directed, Goku was a complete idiot and the pacing was all over the place. I don't mind them not using Blue all the time, but I feel like going from base to Blue is just poor strategy. A bad way to start the tournament.
Verdict:1/5 A bad episode

Liked some of the teamwork stuff, but I couldn't get invested in any of the fights due to how little focus their was. visually and directorially decent, but nothing to run about. Holding back is getting annoying and is making me dislike Goku and Vegeta more than I already do. Outside of being an improvement over last episode in every way, I would say it's only marginally better and is still pretty dull due to the lack of focus.
Verdict:2/5 Approaching proficient

Though I felt the opponents in the episode were a little underwhelming, I really enjoyed the team dynamic and the universes reacting to the first erasure was nice. Again, I felt like this episode should have been more focused on Kuririn and 18, because everything else just seems kind of distracting and doesn't seem like it'll get any resolution. Aside from the slow and unfocused first half, the second was pretty decent outside of Kuririn getting eliminated, which I looked comical in hindisight, like seriously, what was that. Visually, the first half wasn't that good, but the second really made up for it with Futoshi Highashides tag-team scene.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Verdict:3/5 solid episode

I'm going to be frank, I didn't enjoy this episode. Aside from Cabba, all the other universe 6 Saiyans really annoy me. Though the storyboard was generally pretty good, the lack of key animators on this episode(there were only 2) didn't really do it much justice(ha). I pretty much despised almost everything that happened in this episode(except for Hit, his definitely the saving grace of universe 6 thus far).The visual highlight of this episode was easily Goku's beatdown at Kale's hands in SS2 by Atsushi Nikaido.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Overall a very dull, boring and stupid episode with almost nothing to offer in terms of genuinely good content.
Verdict 1.1/5 Still better than 97 because at least stuff happened(stuff I didn't like) but still.

101: I still don't like Caulifla though and I found the Pride Troopers to be very boring this episode. The lack of focus and Goku and Toppo being terrible strategists are other things that brought this episode down. Visually, it was a very animated episode with the main highlight going to Kasheral vs 17 and 18 by Ken Otsuka(A class animator).
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Verdict: 2.25/5 Isn't outright bad, but the issues are very apparent and it's pretty dull for the most part

#102 Though I had my problems with some of the gags further hurting Goku and Toppo's character, and some of the gags not landing that well, I actually really enjoyed this episode namely for the second half. Visually it was very conservative from an animation stand-point(no-shit) and there really wasn't much unique animation that stuck out, but the storyboarding for this episode was miles better than anything we'd seen so far. 17 was great this episode, and the focus given to his fight made me actually invested in it.
Verdict:3.25 Solid episode despite a slightly sloggish first half, the second really pulled through for me.

The first half is pretty underwhelming, the only real thing I particularly liked from it was 17 being a badass and Goku being semi strategic. The second half is definitely where things picked up with Gohan vs Obuni. Though I liked the fight a lot, I feel like it could have been so much better if they had just focused on it through-out the entire episode and skipped over Gohan vs Botamo, which was terrible. Visually speaking, while the storyboarding and direction were completely lacklustre and even bad at points, there was some cool animation in this episode, the first half of the episode outside of this scene by Futoshi Highashide was Super underwhelming and very pedestrian.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
The second half of the episode is where things picked up with Naoki Tate animating the majority of Gohan vs Obuni. I would definitely say the second half of the episode has the most consistent good animation in the arc, if not in all of Super.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Verdict: 2.75 Outside of the meh first half, there was pretty decent though overly rushed second that had some of the best animation the show has scene.

I'll be frank, I think this easily the best episode in the tournament. Though I really didn't like SSG being unexplained, it wasn't the main focus of the episode and it was only a minor issue due to the little impact it had on the episode as a whole. Hit was great and his fight with Dyspo was easily one of the best of this tournament due to them giving the audience time to devote themselves to the fight. The second half was also pretty cool, I think this is the only episode in this tournament where Goku actually acted competently. So, aside from the SSG thing being annoying, the script was rock solid and characters were used to there fullest(even Caulifla was less annoying than she usually was and actually displaying redeemable traits). Visually, there was no really special animation though there were a few stand-out scenes, most of it was pretty rudimentart, the art was nice but the thing that really elevated this episode visually was the direction and storyboarding which was easily the best in the tournament(even better than 102).
Verdict:3.5/5 Good episode, loved the focus placed on the fight, SSG was annoying but wasn't relevant enough to be a detriment to the episode.

I'm actually slightly mixed on this episode. While I really enjoyed Roshi doing stuff, I felt that some of the pacing and scripting could have been better at points. I enjoyed Roshi examining the battle-field, it fit in really well with what he was trying to do by eliminating enemies that could become troublesome for them later on. His fight with Caway, wasn't that good and I very much preferred his battle with Darkori was interesting, if cut a little short. Roshi's battle with Ganoss was mixed for me,I liked the basic idea of Roshi out-predicting Ganoss, it shows how Roshi may be able to hold his own with powerfull but less experienced warriors, but I didn't enjoy how easily he was winning at the beginning and how he won could have been better explained. The student speech was a little weird, but it was a solid character moments by having Roshi reflect upon how his former students have taught him about his own limits and reflecting on his resolve. Really liked Goku showing emotion, it's something he hardly ever does, so seeing him emotional was unexpected. From a visual stand-point, I would say it was probably the weakest in the tournament, though I wouldn't say it was out-right incorrigible.
Overall, a decent episode with some pacing issues and a weaker fight in the second half. Though I still think last episode was better, I'll say this was the second or third best episode in the tournament, a solid 3/5 for ratings sakes.

This episode was more middle of the road than anything. Content wise, I really enjoyed it, the scenario was very interesting and I liked how it relied a great deal on team tactics over brute force. However, I felt like the episode was let down with it's direction and pacing. The first half did do a decent job of establishing the snipers as a threat and I think it was a very solid half episode. However, the second is where everything felt cobbled together. While I definitely enjoyed how they approached the situation and I didn't even mind the more questionable script decision(Goku and Vegeta throwing literal mountains), I felt that the direction is generally what made the events in the second half fail to have any impact.
Overall it was an okay episode with really solid content and a well executed first half, but a really dull and mostly uninspired second.
2.25/5

Really great episode, animation and direction were fantastic throughout, so thats a good place to start. Although their were definitely some weaker plot points like Frost instantaneously learning the counter Mafuba, I felt that those really didn't hinder the overall scenario, which was really interesting and unique. The character interactions in this episode were easily the most unique and well written of this tournament. I do however think that the conclusion to the conflict was a little too sudden. Overall a great episode and my second favourite from the tournament, but for ratings sakes I'll give it a 3.5.

Overall the tournament has been pretty mediocre on average, with only a handful of truly exceptional episodes, with the majority of it being boring due to the lack of tension.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Oh well now is time to review these ep again, my opinion have changed a bit[spoiler] Episode 97:A mediocre episode but it does a good job showing what battle Royale could be despite being bland & terribly directed,I hated how Goku needed blue to get out of the submission & the scene with u7 ROF team being cornered by some fighter was just retarded & worthless, it was basically this Hey let's flash our bank animation & do nothing in the narrative & the screentime with u7 was just bad,they were at least some positive like Basil was cool in spite of Bank animation sucks that his elemination was lame & hit was awesome, overall I give this a 5/10
    Episode 98: This episode was just awful, like Doctor. said it was just pointless focusing an episode of u9 If we know The outcome,it doesn't help this episode have artificial tension written all over it & with u9 targeting the key players, just why they throw Vegeta a bone instead of having the rematch of Gohan vs lavender,the matchup sucks so much, the only good matchup was Goku vs Bergamo because they have history & the way they use the ability was just bad, haha I got iron skin, Your done goku, proceed to get eleminated quickly & what did hyssop freezing Vegeta arm did to the narrative, nothing it doesn't help this episode basically made teamwork pointless, they were some positive like the last couple of minute of the episode was well directed in spite of SSB spam,roh was funny & it was errie how u9 was erased,I give this a 4/10
      Episode 99:An ok Episode,it was an enjoyable episode with a chilling atmosphere in the beginning, Krillin was cool here & the teamwork aspect was handled well here, through it felt empty & Krillin should have lasted longer, I wish Tien was eleminated first, because Tien offer nothing interesting, overall a 7/10
        Episode 100: I hate this episode,it was broly greatest hits now with tits, it was obnoxious & badly written with #18 being a hypocrite, Kale is just annoying & cabba acted weird, the way how cauli archieved ss2 was just insulting.They eleminated Nigrisshi way too soon, making his screentime pointless, they were some positive like Goku & Caulifla interaction were nice & the fight were fun & they did a good job changing the arena,i give this a 4/10
          Episode 101:A really bland episode with the most uninspired fight scene I've seen so far, nothing interesting happen in this episode in terms of figths, the pride trooper we're handled really bad, goku looked like an idiot here & #18 elemination felt like bone throw along with Tien & The beam struggle was way too overdramatic,it doesn't help I'm not invested with Caulifla & kale and the pride trooper felt like villain for some reason, the good is that some ability dysplayed here was cool despite being badly used and the joke of #18 throwing Cocotte was funny,a 4/10
            Episode 102:A funny & cute Episode with a terrible first half,meh fight & that damn helle pose,#17 was cool & the match up were good & it was just funny,7/10
              Episode 103: Another mediocre Episode with awful pacing & no focus, the first was dull with the higashide cut being the only good thing, the Botamo scene was stupid & drawn out, the Erasure of u10 felt hollow & the fight were not that good, they were some positive like Obuni was cool & likeable,he should have more screentime & the bit of the locket was nice along with cus being a nice angel in comparison to mojito,5/10
                Episode 104:A fantastic Episode with great story board, tension, Abilities used really well, this episode put 101 to shame because the pride trooper we're used really well, Hit was badass along with dyspo, the best part is there is no fake tension making this ep enjoyable, they were some negative like god Goku felt way more forced than god Vegeta, Goku pulling a leroy Jenkins & dyspo was just another cocky asshole,8/10
                  Episode 105: Another enjoyable episode with Roshi being a badass,his ability was used Along with his opponents,it was sad to see the reaction of Goku and Krillin when Roshi died,beerus along with everyone were characterized well & the ending was cute,my problem with this ep was Ganos was eleminated too soon, Caway elemination was odd & the fight were average,7/10
                    Episode 106: I'm so torned with this ep, the first half was really good & the second half was bad, I liked the sniper duo, the elements of strategy & Dr rota gag was funny, the second was just terrible with Goku & Vegeta ruining this episode with a stupid strategy, Gohan looked like a buffoon, Piccolo getting arm ripped apart a lot & Tien was boring & forgettable here,his fight was boring,6/10
                      Episode 107:, another fantastic Episode, Frost was cool, Roshi was used well, this episode also have the best animation/storyboard & the fight with Vegeta vs Magetta/Frost was short but sweet,the bad was Frost eleminated no one & Roshi felt kinda ridiculous here also Magetta elemination was not that good,8/10[/spoiler]This Arc have been mediocre so far, with the recruitment wasting their time on fluff instead of establishing the other Universe, with a lot of frustrating decision,I just hope this arc get better because I really liked Episode 107
                      Mostly active on discord.

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32 pm

The gr wrote:I just hope this arc get better because I really liked Episode 107
                      Well judging by the ratings you gave every episode and how most of the beginning episodes you rated poorly and the later episodes you've been rating highly, it looks like you're already aware that it's getting better.

People hating 101 but loving 102 still boggles my mind though :crazy: . To each his own.

I think this will be an arc that will be remembered for what's going to be happening towards the middle/end. I'd say we're just starting to get into the middle now since episode 104. I think it will kind of be like the Buu saga which started off really slow but started getting interesting after Buu was released, and then started getting even more interesting once Super Buu came in to the picture. Funny enough, the Buu saga is also the most controversial arc in DBZ, with people either loving it or hating it. The ToP is already the same way.

The gr
                      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Asura wrote:
                      The gr wrote:I just hope this arc get better because I really liked Episode 107
                      Well judging by the ratings you gave every episode and how most of the beginning episodes you rated poorly and the later episodes you've been rating highly, it looks like you're already aware that it's getting better.

People hating 101 but loving 102 still boggles my mind though :crazy: . To each his own.

I think this will be an arc that will be remembered for what's going to be happening towards the middle/end. I'd say we're just starting to get into the middle now since episode 104. I think it will kind of be like the Buu saga which started off really slow but started getting interesting after Buu was released, and then started getting even more interesting once Super Buu came in to the picture. Funny enough, the Buu saga is also the most controversial arc in DBZ, with people either loving it or hating it. The ToP is already the same way.
                      Well is opinion & is the best part of kanzenshuu that everyone have a different opinions from one to another,I agree this saga is improving because the less contestants, I'm not joking when I say This week along with 104 & 105 are some of the Best writing in Super,I really had a lot of fun with those episode especially 104 & the special will be good because is about Goku vs Jiren & I'm really looking forward to see this & of course this arc is unpredictable making this arc at least Worthwhile, you just can't predict the ending or no one predicted genkidama or ssg, another pro for this saga
                        I'm gonna rate ep 103 probably a 6/10 because I still like the bit of Gohan witness Erasure of a Universe & so far he is the one of the contestants that is taking this seriously
                        Mostly active on discord.