Why is it Gohan vs. Freeza and Frost and not Gohan and Piccolo?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Why is it Gohan vs. Freeza and Frost and not Gohan and Piccolo?

Post by Vice » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:20 pm

I mean I know TOEI doesn't give a rat's ass about Piccolo, but come on. You attach these two to the hip constantly until the time comes when it would make sense. Frost and Piccolo have history together, Piccolo has improved in strength, Gohan is getting ragdolled and yet Piccolo is nowhere in sight. Why is it that Piccolo can be embarrassed and torn apart in the name of Gohan, but can't get thrown a bone when it would make sense to?

Man, I'm really losing my patience with this stupid show.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: Why is it Gohan vs. Freeza and Frost and not Gohan and Piccolo?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Vice wrote:I mean I know TOEI doesn't give a rat's ass about Piccolo, but come on. You attach these two to the hip constantly until the time comes when it would make sense. Frost and Piccolo have history together, Piccolo has improved in strength, Gohan is getting ragdolled and yet Piccolo is nowhere in sight. Why is it that Piccolo can be embarrassed and torn apart in the name of Gohan, but can't get thrown a bone when it would make sense to?

If Piccolo and Gohan seperate Piccolo fans will definitely be celebrating.

Piccolo might come and help later as I don't think Frieza vs Gohan will finish completely in episode 108 and might continue in to episode 109.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Piccolo may be distracted with hopefully the universe 6 nameks, which will give them nice development apart. Gohan against team F and Piccolo against team slug.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:27 pm

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Piccolo may be distracted with hopefully the universe 6 nameks, which will give them nice development apart. Gohan against team F and Piccolo against team slug.
Wouldn't that have been shown in the preview. It is very weird that Piccolo was shown in the preview but maybe he is hiding away and is going to sneak attack Frieza.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Thats how it always goes with Gohan.
Goku and Future Trunks got killed because of his mistake,yet he still got the win against Cell.
As for the rest of the time Piccolo is the one paying the price for his mistakes.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Well who would've fucking guessed? People are already judging things prematurely and are already jumping to conclusions based of a 30 second preview of a 22 min. episode that hasn't aired yet.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:54 am

Piccolo either diverged from Gohan or he may have been incapacitated by Frost off-screen. I'm skeptical of Toei allowing Piccolo to mount a credible resistance against Frost when he's been largely treated as a lesser to the Saiyans since the RoF arc. Maybe the first explanation would be best since Piccolo does seem to be subject to getting physically bludgeoned when he's close to Gohan. Piccolo should still be recovering from having to regenerate so much in 106, though. If Caulifla and Kale were still recovering after four episodes since their previous battle then Piccolo can't be much in better condition.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:12 am

Damned if you do damned if you don't

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 am

I still think Piccolo will tell Gohan to leave him behind. I can totally see him considering himself a liability due to his lowered stamina. However,it would be way cooler if Gohan ended up being the one to break away from Piccolo, because he feels guilty for his missteps that keep forcing Piccolo to step in and get hurt. As in he's aware that Piccolo tends to disregard his own safety when he's around Gohan.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 am

You're basing this off of a short 30 second next episode preview. How about we wait for the episode to come out? I'm sure your question will be answered when that happens.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:31 am

Maybe it's because Piccolo is doing something else or he'll show up later and they're not showing it.
Vice wrote:I'm really losing my patience with this stupid show.
It's taken you this long ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:52 am

Lionel wrote:Piccolo either diverged from Gohan or he may have been incapacitated by Frost off-screen. I'm skeptical of Toei allowing Piccolo to mount a credible resistance against Frost when he's been largely treated as a lesser to the Saiyans since the RoF arc. Maybe the first explanation would be best since Piccolo does seem to be subject to getting physically bludgeoned when he's close to Gohan. Piccolo should still be recovering from having to regenerate so much in 106, though. If Caulifla and Kale were still recovering after four episodes since their previous battle then Piccolo can't be much in better condition.
Michsi wrote:I still think Piccolo will tell Gohan to leave him behind. I can totally see him considering himself a liability due to his lowered stamina. However,it would be way cooler if Gohan ended up being the one to break away from Piccolo, because he feels guilty for his missteps that keep forcing Piccolo to step in and get hurt. As in he's aware that Piccolo tends to disregard his own safety when he's around Gohan.
I don't think that Piccolo has lost that much stamina at all and will probably be similar to Dyspo. If he is tired they could have said in one of the many previews we have had. The thing I don't get is that the preview usually shows everyone that is going to do something important in the episode and Piccolo is not in it at all. Also wasn't Jimeze suppose to be in episode 108?

I would say he is doing omething elese or something causes them to split up.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:03 am

Vice wrote:I mean I know TOEI doesn't give a rat's ass about Piccolo, but come on. You attach these two to the hip constantly until the time comes when it would make sense. Frost and Piccolo have history together, Piccolo has improved in strength, Gohan is getting ragdolled and yet Piccolo is nowhere in sight. Why is it that Piccolo can be embarrassed and torn apart in the name of Gohan, but can't get thrown a bone when it would make sense to?

Same here. Remember when Goku offered to take him into the RoSaT and he didn't accept it. I'm getting that same feeling here, like the writers pointlessly sh***ing on him. But honestly we don't yet know what to expect. Could be anything, really. I've already lost a ton of faith in toei's handling of this tournament, so if Piccolo isn't involved in the fight and if he's separated in a illogical and hamfisted way, I won't be surprised. I would say have hope, but honestly, I don't :|
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Isn't this thread a little premature..?

All we got was a preview. How are we so certain that Piccolo won't show up in the next episode to help out?
How i predict the tournament will end: