Which ToP characters would you like to see again?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Which ToP characters would you like to see again?

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Assuming the universes get brought back and this isn't the last arc, I think they wouldn't just waste 80 new characters without doing something with them. We can at least assume that Jiren & co will play some role in future arcs. But then again, they completely ignored the U6 contestants during the Black arc and only brought them back for a few episodes during peace time.

Do you think they'll do anything with these new characters or just ignore them like they did with Champa's contestants? Which characters would you like to see get their own episodes or even arc later in the series?

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: Which ToP characters would you like to see again?

Post by pacz360 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:44 pm

U3 fighters mainly maji kayo
Gowasu and obuni
Ribrianne
Trio de danger

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Even if all the Universes come back, I feel 2, 6 and 11 will be getting the most play in the next arc and the ones I like to see the most personally! :D

I think the characters I would feel would get the most focus on and their own episodes and developments and I would personally want the most are;

Brianne de Chateau
San Ku
Su
Jimeze
Hit
Kale
Califlia
Cabba
The U6 namekians
Toppo
Jiren
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Probably the Saiyans. I am not too happy how they were able to power up so easily writing wise but I really want to see Goku, Vegeta and friends visit planet Sadala. Maybe a story arc set there. That would be great.

I also kind of like the idea of Toppo and crew more than the execution. I think they could have made interesting villains with their self righteous idea of justice. But the series obviously didn't go there.

Hit is always welcome back too.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:34 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:Even if all the Universes come back, I feel 2, 6 and 11 will be getting the most play in the next arc and the ones I like to see the most personally! :D

I think the characters I would feel would get the most focus on and their own episodes and developments and I would personally want the most are;

Brianne de Chateau
San Ku
Su
Jimeze
Hit
Kale
Califlia
Cabba
The U6 namekians
Toppo
Jiren
Pretty much how I feel too. If any of these universes get used again, it'll probably be U6, U2, and U11.

I want to see again:
Jiren
Toppo
Dyspo
Kamikaze Fireballs
Vikal
Jimizu
Trio de Dangers
Maji=Kayo
Hitto
Magetta
U6 Namekians
U6 Saiyans
Frost
Ganos
Majora
Obuni

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:38 pm

Trio de Danger, the Uni 6 fighters, and Toppo. Everyone else is just awful.

Hopefully, I'll care for Jiren enough towards the end to consider him.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Trio of danger. I liked those guys quite a bit, and they were just kinda thrown out like garbage.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Trio De Dangers were the first to come to mind.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:33 pm

Aside from u6/11,I would like to see the trio de dangers again,they have some potential to be interesting & Obuni
Last edited by The gr on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:40 pm

I want to see:
    -All the U6 contestants duh
      -Toppo,Dyspo and Jiren.
        -The Trio de dangers
          -The Kamikaze Fireball and Jimeze.

sintzu
          Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:54 pm

The 3 wolves seem to be the most interesting so them.
          July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ilikepictures-meh
          Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Quite a bit honestly, even if it's probably not very realistic. Would like to see these characters come back and get some development as "good/neutral guys"
          -Trio of Dangers
          -Rest of U9 characters in general (Including Row and Sidra)
          -Obuni
          -Liliblu
          -Majora
          -Decori
          -Ganos
          -Nink
          -Caway
          -Monna
          -The Fireballs (all three)
          -Vikal
          -Jimez
          -Big "Rildo" like U2 guy/U2 Sniper
          -Hellies
          -Ramoosh
          -Gowasu
          -Maji-Kayo
          -The Preecho/Doctor/Robot with large angry eyes/Helmet wearing guy from U3
          -Cabba/Kale/Caulifla
          -Megetta/Botamo
          -Hit
          -Frost (attempting to reform)
          -Kasheral/Cocotte/Small pride trooper/dino pride trooper
          -Toppo
          -Dyspo
          -Jiren

Would like to see Quitela return as the main villain in a future arc.

Yomi
          Regular

Post by Yomi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:04 am

Bergamo, Basil, and Lavender
          Frost
          Hit
          Cabba
          Pride Troopers
          Maji Kayo's personality is pretty cool.
          Obuni maybe?
          Ganos

Pretty sure there will be good characters in the ones we haven't seen fight yet.
          :clap:

Beerus-sama
          Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:26 am

- Majora
          - Maji Kayo :lol: :lol:
          - Bunny from U9
          - Caurifura
          -Dr. Rota (why do people call him doctor :?: )

Also all the new Kaioshin and Hakaishin sets too. :D
          Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Ziegander
          Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm

I wish I could say I would like to see the female characters again, but the tournament has failed to use any of them well. Not sure what's going on with Ribrianne, pretty sure she's just going to end up as a distraction. Hopefully she does something impressive. But so far, Lilibeu, I mean wow, all she got was a really bad joke. She's a girl! She's weak and brainless! :think: Next up was Hop. She had a really cool design, but I don't even remember how she was eliminated. I know it was early and must have been without fanfare. Cocotte was actually cool, I would love to see more from her eventually. She's probably a bit less strong than Android 18 and has a really cool ability. Kakunsa, I know a lot of people like her, I thought she was okay, I suppose her and Hop fall into pretty similar conceptual space, I just think Hop looks cooler. Hard to get a gauge of how strong Kakunsa is supposed to be too. Then there was Vikal who flew to save Kakunsa and barely contributed anything else to the tourney. Just got savaged by Android 17. She looks very cool, but she has wings, so, like Lilibeu and the bird dude, they become her only defining characteristic and contribution to the tournament. *facepalm* Oh, and how could I forget Caway and Dercori? Caway had a great design, interesting personality, and what I thought was a really cool ki gimmick, so Toei wasted her on a, no shit, rape "joke." Can't make that one up. Dercori had an alright showing, and some very unique powers, and was somewhat respectably eliminated by Deus ex Mafuba.

Personally, I don't really care about the female saiyans from U6. I don't hate them, but I'm not particularly fond of them either. It is certainly about time for female saiyans, especially super saiyans, what the hell took DB so long, but I, personally, am not very invested in these two in particular. Ribrianne is okay. I was more excited for her when she debuted, but she's done very, very little since then and has no personality.

I'd love to see characters like Cocotte, Vikal, again Caway again, but what story space would they have in Dragon Ball? So... meh.
          My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
          , and here's Ch.
          3!

Spider-Man
          Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Ziegander wrote:I wish I could say I would like to see the female characters again, but the tournament has failed to use any of them well. Not sure what's going on with Ribrianne, pretty sure she's just going to end up as a distraction. Hopefully she does something impressive. But so far, Lilibeu, I mean wow, all she got was a really bad joke. She's a girl! She's weak and brainless! :think: Next up was Hop. She had a really cool design, but I don't even remember how she was eliminated. I know it was early and must have been without fanfare. Cocotte was actually cool, I would love to see more from her eventually. She's probably a bit less strong than Android 18 and has a really cool ability. Kakunsa, I know a lot of people like her, I thought she was okay, I suppose her and Hop fall into pretty similar conceptual space, I just think Hop looks cooler. Hard to get a gauge of how strong Kakunsa is supposed to be too. Then there was Vikal who flew to save Kakunsa and barely contributed anything else to the tourney. Just got savaged by Android 17. She looks very cool, but she has wings, so, like Lilibeu and the bird dude, they become her only defining characteristic and contribution to the tournament. *facepalm* Oh, and how could I forget Caway and Dercori? Caway had a great design, interesting personality, and what I thought was a really cool ki gimmick, so Toei wasted her on a, no shit, rape "joke." Can't make that one up. Dercori had an alright showing, and some very unique powers, and was somewhat respectably eliminated by Deus ex Mafuba.

Personally, I don't really care about the female saiyans from U6. I don't hate them, but I'm not particularly fond of them either. It is certainly about time for female saiyans, especially super saiyans, what the hell took DB so long, but I, personally, am not very invested in these two in particular. Ribrianne is okay. I was more excited for her when she debuted, but she's done very, very little since then and has no personality.

I'd love to see characters like Cocotte, Vikal, again Caway again, but what story space would they have in Dragon Ball? So... meh.
          I completely agree with you, while I find Caulifla and Ribrianne a fun Character but there not that interesting but hopefully Ribrianne does something in episode 108 and 109 Also you forgot Rozie and Monna but then again they will eliminated by U6 or 7 and I don't care for Kale at all I don't hate her or like her,she is a mixed bag to me.
            off topic i hate how they potrayed #18 in super, she is so unlikable

Jigurashi
            Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Spider-Man wrote:
            Ziegander wrote:I wish I could say I would like to see the female characters again, but the tournament has failed to use any of them well. Not sure what's going on with Ribrianne, pretty sure she's just going to end up as a distraction. Hopefully she does something impressive. But so far, Lilibeu, I mean wow, all she got was a really bad joke. She's a girl! She's weak and brainless! :think: Next up was Hop. She had a really cool design, but I don't even remember how she was eliminated. I know it was early and must have been without fanfare. Cocotte was actually cool, I would love to see more from her eventually. She's probably a bit less strong than Android 18 and has a really cool ability. Kakunsa, I know a lot of people like her, I thought she was okay, I suppose her and Hop fall into pretty similar conceptual space, I just think Hop looks cooler. Hard to get a gauge of how strong Kakunsa is supposed to be too. Then there was Vikal who flew to save Kakunsa and barely contributed anything else to the tourney. Just got savaged by Android 17. She looks very cool, but she has wings, so, like Lilibeu and the bird dude, they become her only defining characteristic and contribution to the tournament. *facepalm* Oh, and how could I forget Caway and Dercori? Caway had a great design, interesting personality, and what I thought was a really cool ki gimmick, so Toei wasted her on a, no shit, rape "joke." Can't make that one up. Dercori had an alright showing, and some very unique powers, and was somewhat respectably eliminated by Deus ex Mafuba.

I completely agree with you, while I find Caulifla and Ribrianne a fun Character but there not that interesting but hopefully Ribrianne does something in episode 108 and 109 Also you forgot Rozie and Monna but then again they will eliminated by U6 or 7 and I don't care for Kale at all I don't hate her or like her,she is a mixed bag to me.
              off topic i hate how they potrayed #18 in super, she is so unlikable
              Yeah, I like that she's been getting some decent moments in this tournament, but as a character I'm very disinterested in her. She wasn't all that interesting before Super though anyway imo.

GodKaio-Ken
              I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 pm

To be honest Dyspo and Maji Kayo are the only two Id I'd really care strongly about meeting again. Everyone else is fine but really a one of character to be.

Helles if we are counting the Gods :lol:
              Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
              Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 pm

So far? The Kamikaze Fireballs, Jimeze, the Pride Troopers, the Trio De Dangers, all of the Universe 6 fighters and Maji Kayo.