Most interesting character in ToP?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Most interesting character in ToP?

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Michsi wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:As for who I My Personal #1 Most Interesting Character to ME in this ToP Arc?!

My Fandom and Present Day Avatar is Pretty Clear on That! ;) :lol:

Indeed though a Great question on the Why Part, So go the the Link Below and Find on Why For Me for Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38679&start=40#p1377191
I am so on the fence with Brianne. I like the design well enough, but it's the color combinations that bother me like crazy. Bright green hair with bright blue eyes....just, no :? Similar with her other form. Love the idea behind it, wish it was colored a bit differently.

As for me, I have to say I'm not really impressed with anyone at the moment. Design wise I still think Hit ranks top among the other universes, even with 60+ new characters being introduced. Caulifla is all right too, it's just that the loud, overly eager attitude can get a little grating sometimes.

Toppo, Dyspo and Jiren are so and so.
I can understand that cause getting coloring syncing right is a hard job for any artist or the inker in general. It is the same with Comics, if you don't get it down right it might be a turn-off for even fans of a character with how they look. Also any coloring choose will not work with ever fan, like you have said it does not for you and that is the risk the creators take with any choose.

Honestly that is ok ;), I see allot many don't like the coloring chooses and that is normal, I hope it grows on overtime but if not that is ok too. I hope then fans not towards the liking of Brianne's coloring chooses will focus more on the character and development which are indeed the most important.

IMO I have always liked Vibrant Colors either in Anime or My Comic Books, so I am easy to please espically if it is a character I like, it takes a good deal to make me not like a coloring choose but that is me. I personally like it cause the artist and/or inker had to find a way to make the eyes stand out from the rest of Brianne's vibrant colors like her Light Green hair and Hot-Pink Dress, so I give them create where it is due.

Also I think Brianne's Eyes being Light-Blue is always a safer choose and works with Ladies allot more easy with nearly any Hair-color, Especially the Light Green Hair Brianne has and also it works too with Brianne's Transformation Sequence well too. :thumbup:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote: My reasoning is certainly at least somewhat biased. Regardless, I think that characters who still have immeasurable potential for growth should take precedence for development they sorely need over a character who called himself done many years ago after he had reached his limit and his arc was concluded.

Goku's reasoning for leaving the boys at home is that they are inexperienced. How do you get experience by not being given the opportunity?

Don't get me wrong. I certainly have some bias. This whole thing has always been a sticking point with me.
Well a tournament that stakes the universe's existance is certainly not a good place to start experimenting with the kids(neither was the Buu incident and we all know how they performed).
Also if their EOZ selves is anything to go by,then they are done as fighters anyways,even their present selves have not shown to consider fighting anything more than a sport.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Whatever wrote:Well a tournament that stakes the universe's existance is certainly not a good place to start experimenting with the kids(neither was the Buu incident and we all know how they performed).
Also if their EOZ selves is anything to go by,then they are done as fighters anyways,even their present selves have not shown to consider fighting anything more than a sport.
We see their EoZ selves for such a short time that I'm not willing to write them off as "done" with fighting. Certainly they show a disinterest at that point. But how many times does Krillin retire then come out of retirement then quit for good then get shamed back into training, over and over and over. Characters can change and change back. I doubt that adult Gotenks would be an untouched concept if DBS ever went that far in the timeline.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 pm

I don't think it is the end of Goten and Trunks either for the simple fact that earlier in the series Goku says Gohan wouldn't be good for the Universe 6 Tournament and here he is fighting in this tournament.

I am hoping Goten and Trunks will have a bigger role to play in a future arc. And I personally think they will.

Edit: But as for the question in hand I won't say Hit (as much as I've fallen for him) because he was introduced earlier. I am going to say I really liked Universe 4's Dercori's power. I think Master Roshi was the perfect character to come against her but I would have liked to maybe see another character come up against her who would have struggled more.

I do like Caulifla character wise but I feel the way she so easily became super saiyan 2 was poorly written. Still I think story wise revisiting the Saiyans (maybe even visiting their home world) offers the most interesting story possibilities.

There you go Goku and Vegeta can take Trunks and Goten to Salada for a visit and some type of conflict can ensue. :)

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:31 pm

We'll have to see how they follow through with it, but Toppo has been an interesting addition this arc. He's one of the very few characters besides Beerus that seems to be taking the threat of Universal Destruction totally seriously (while still being delightfully hammy), and unlike Beerus he hasn't had an easy ride since the Tournament started.

Him throwing down the gauntlet to Goku at the end of the Zen Exhibition Match was a huge moment, and had they not chickened out of giving Goku responsibility for the tournament happening would have been the defining conflict of the arc. In light of his comments at the end of episode 104 and Jiren's performance in 107, I'm interested to see what they do with him and the Pride Troopers going forward.

Second place goes to Caulifla and Kale. Caulfila is a fun character in general, with an amusing personality; she's just a dumb cocky arsehole, which is exactly what you want from the first female Super Saiyan. As for Kale, I've finally figured out the reason I like her more than Broly, which is that unlike Broly, I'm okay with her coming back later on. With Broly, one movie was enough thank you very much, I don't need more sequels or spin-off appearances. But I actually do think getting more development from Kale and more backstory as to how she is the way she is and how she ended up with Caulfila could be really interesting.

Other than that, Obuni was really cool. We'd written Universe 10 as a bunch of idiot gym junkies, then this guy comes along with an honorable warrior personality and a cool ability to give a good last stand. The Universe 2 sniper combo was interesting in concept, same with the magical girls.

BWri

Post by BWri » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:06 am

I'd legit like to have a mini arc in Universe 9. I liked most of those character designs and abilities. I think Sidra's dope too. One of the biggest wastes of the tournament so far was not seeing U9 fight against someone who was closer to their levels, like Gohan or Piccolo.

The only characters I can say that drain all the life out of me are Kale and Caulifla. Otherwise, I've found many of the new characters very interesting for the brief screen time they're given..
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:43 pm

It sounds stupid, but the Dr Rota gag left an impact on me, as soon as he was repeating that phrase I was in stitches.

I had high hopes for the pride troopers... especially Kasheral who's design I loved. but the small whip guy ended up more relevant. I'm still genuinely surprised Toppo has done nothing.

Frost last episode was very enjoyable.

I'm struggling to think of someone I've found interesting really outside of 6 & 7.

I guess I'm curious about Ribrianne and the yardratt.

U10 the lobster guy using Kale as a punching bag as she was held was interesting to see their team up.

The trio de dangers I anticipated lasting a tiny bit longer before fighting and losing as their build up from the exhibition was decent.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:22 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]This guys just pay attention to him in ep 96 and 100 Also Universe 4 seem like an interesting Universe and those hidden warriors are keeping me interested about this Universe.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:00 pm

The blue shapeshifting guy Jiren knocked out was amazing. I always love shapeshifting characters since they can do anything. Shame he wasn't made into a major character.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Caulifla. Kale when she's with Caulifla. Maybe Brianne, will know soon enough; will depend on how she plays off Goku.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:02 pm

My favorite new characters in the TOP were the Trio de Danger.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:56 am

Most interesting new characters for me were the Justice Troopers.

To my mind they represent a straight-laced foil to the dysfunctional but tough Z-Fighters.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:07 am

Well I find them all intreasting one way or another but if I had to pick out some.

The Pride Troopers

The Kamikaze Fireballs

Frieza and Frost

Damom and Gamisaras

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:09 am

Scratch everything I've said before. Dr. Rota is the swine of mystery in this tournament. He's the villain of the next arc for sure :lol: He's like Oolong with god ki, except he can heal like Dende ... a man can dream.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:39 am

Spider-Man wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]This guys just pay attention to him in ep 96 and 100 Also Universe 4 seem like an interesting Universe and those hidden warriors are keeping me interested about this Universe.
That would be so up Toriyama's alley to have a small, funny, and unimpressive looking guy be revealed as a huge deal :lol:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:02 am

Currently I'd say the most interesting ones to me are Maji Kayo and Dr. Rota (more of a gag, this one, of course). I wish I could come with more suggestions, but the vast majority of the new characters just don't really "work" for me.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 am

To me, it's Ribrianne. I want to learn more about her and her world and possibly group of Magical girls. Like are their more of them? how did they get their powers, how'd they meet, and why does everyone know them? Everybody else, honestly, I can't remember their names or what they did...
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:03 am

Mine would be Roshi, he has been handled great this arc, Maji Kayo's also a fun character (sad he had to go so soon) plus Zoiray and Tupper's exchanges (they were great gag)
Lord Beerus wrote: What have you got against Caulifla? I find her immensely entertaining and one of the best characters of modern Dragon Ball.
Stop it, you're killing me man :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:09 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: What have you got against Caulifla? I find her immensely entertaining and one of the best characters of modern Dragon Ball.
Stop it, you're killing me man :lol:
Well... I like her a lot. And that's all that matters to me. :)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:35 am

Most interesting character? :think:

The Yadorat, Tsufurujin, Namekuseijins (Universe 6), Cabba, and Caulifla. Hopefully this anime won't disappoint in giving proper character development, some backstory and a god damn explanation to the two former ones.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~