Power Scaling in Dragon Ball Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eli1919

Power Scaling in Dragon Ball Super

Post by eli1919 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:30 am

In dragon ball super there is a common thing i see being ignored and thats the power scalling the power scalling here in dragon ball super i feel like its just trash!
From golden frieza being on bar with ssb goku in the ressuruction of if saga to hit being as strong as 10 times kaioken goku after the universe 6 arc but after that in the arc where hit comes to assasinate goku they both are on the same level!! Yeah goku been through a lot but he definitly didnt get 10 times stronger in that time.
To the spoilers now that say gokus new form will be more than 20x his ssb power(because kaioken x20 will fail) and that might not be stronger than beerus!
Ane there are a lot of more instants where the power scalling is ignored or even thrown ou of the window!
What do you guys think?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: POWE SCALLING IN DBS

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:53 am

eli1919 wrote:In dragon ball super there is a common thing i see being ignored and thats the power scalling the power scalling here in dragon ball super i feel like its just trash!
From golden frieza being on bar with ssb goku in the ressuruction of if saga to hit being as strong as 10 times kaioken goku after the universe 6 arc but after that in the arc where hit comes to assasinate goku they both are on the same level!! Yeah goku been through a lot but he definitly didnt get 10 times stronger in that time.
To the spoilers now that say gokus new form will be more than 20x his ssb power(because kaioken x20 will fail) and that might not be stronger than beerus!
Ane there are a lot of more instants where the power scalling is ignored or even thrown ou of the window!
What do you guys think?
There are loads of examples of stupid power-scaling in Super, though I don't think your examples are the best. Hit wasn't anywhere near as strong as Kaio Ken time 10 Goku, the only reason he was able to fight with him was because of his time-skip, not his actual physical strength, which was slightly weaker than regular SSB.

To be honest, I think Kaio Ken times 10 Goku should be stronger than Beerus considering that Vegeta made Beerus use 10% of his power, and the fact that SSG obviously made Beerus use more.

eli1919

Post by eli1919 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:26 am

JazzMazz wrote:
eli1919 wrote:In dragon ball super there is a common thing i see being ignored and thats the power scalling the power scalling here in dragon ball super i feel like its just trash!
What do you guys think?
There are loads of examples of stupid power-scaling in Super, though I don't think your examples are the best. Hit wasn't anywhere near as strong as Kaio Ken time 10 Goku, the only reason he was able to fight with him was because of his time-skip, not his actual physical strength, which was slightly weaker than regular SSB.

To be honest, I think Kaio Ken times 10 Goku should be stronger than Beerus considering that Vegeta made Beerus use 10% of his power, and the fact that SSG obviously made Beerus use more.
Hit was able to adapt to gokus x10 kaioken if you watch the fight he even got some hits on him!
Nd the time skip is a technique that hit uses so if his power increases the length of his time skip decreases

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:33 am

eli1919 wrote: Hit was able to adapt to gokus x10 kaioken if you watch the fight he even got some hits on him!
Nd the time skip is a technique that hit uses so if his power increases the length of his time skip decreases
Yeah. He was able to get hits on him with his Time Skip.
And Hits time skip doesn't get longer by increasing his power. It just kinda gets longer because of improvement of the technique, but that doesn't necessarily mean improvement in strength. Goku even makes a comment about how Hit isn't powering up.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Power Scaling in Dragon Ball Super

Post by Cipher » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:43 am

I think you should use more capital letters.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:51 am

JazzMazz wrote:
What do you guys think?

I think Toei shot thenselves in the foot with that one. Their sad attempt at showing where everyone was compared to Beerus became an issue as soon as they started the whole KK multiplier. They wouldve been better off just not bring up any percentages. Now people are trying to do the math and say "Goku should surpass Beerus by now!" Instead of what they're attempting to portray. And that's the fact that Goku and Vegeta still have a long way to go.
How i predict the tournament will end: