The respect of Beerus.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Whatever
Regular

Re: The respect of Beerus.

Post by Whatever » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:58 am

Saturnine wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Zagacious wrote: Despite SS3 Gotenks being way above Piccolo in the Buu saga? I'm curious where you came up with this? He hasn't really been training and he hasn't been shown any feats that would indicate he's gotten a lot stronger. Besides them being wasted or not is entirely up to the writers, just like they chose to have characters like Trio De Dangers who should have lasted longer, get eliminated immediately by pinning them against Goku and Vegeta.
What does the Buu saga have to do with that?Base Copy Vegeta destroyed ssj3 Gotenks and Vegeta needed super saiyan to defeat frost a character that Piccolo could block hits from and thats from back in the U6,now all 3 of those characters have gotten stronger.
That "base Copy Vegeta" you're referring to if he tried to go Super Saiyan, his hair would be blue. So it's not fair to compare regular SSj Vegeta to that. I thought this was pretty clear by now.
What are you even talking about?Where was something like that stated?If he wanted to normal super saiyan he could but he decided to go blue to have his all out match with Goku.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Whatever wrote:
Zagacious wrote: Despite SS3 Gotenks being way above Piccolo in the Buu saga? I'm curious where you came up with this? He hasn't really been training and he hasn't been shown any feats that would indicate he's gotten a lot stronger. Besides them being wasted or not is entirely up to the writers, just like they chose to have characters like Trio De Dangers who should have lasted longer, get eliminated immediately by pinning them against Goku and Vegeta.
What does the Buu saga have to do with that?Base Copy Vegeta destroyed ssj3 Gotenks and Vegeta needed super saiyan to defeat frost a character that Piccolo could block hits from and thats from back in the U6,now all 3 of those characters have gotten stronger.
Multiple reasons that is wrong. This is why power scaling being represented somewhat consistently is important, Roshi was capable of blocking hits from Frost as well, his power has jumped all over the place. Piccolo has never been given a clear representation of his power in almost the entirety of Super. So basing it off the end of DBZ and how little Piccolo has been training (yes he's been training, but hardly anything significant) it's unlikely Piccolo has surpassed SSJ3 Gotenks in that short of time. Although this is Super anything's possible, but we've never been given any evidence of that in Super.

1. Copy Vegeta - first of all it's a filler, but even if it wasn't, there's no reason to believe Copy Vegeta is exactly the same power or even close to regular Vegeta.
2. Vegeta definitely did not need SSJ to defeat Frost. He went SSJ then one shot him in the tournament, which means it's unlikely he needed SSJ at all.
3. The fight between Frost and Piccolo is very hard to determine who is actually more powerful because the fight ended early due to poison.
4. It's pretty clear short spars in Super don't actually represent a person's power. You had Ganos sparring with Goku for a few seconds and then Ganos got wrecked by Roshi, hardly consistent or a reliable factor.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Zagacious wrote: Multiple reasons that is wrong. This is why power scaling being represented somewhat consistently is important, Roshi was capable of blocking hits from Frost as well, his power has jumped all over the place. Piccolo has never been given a clear representation of his power in almost the entirety of Super. So basing it off the end of DBZ and how little Piccolo has been training (yes he's been training, but hardly anything significant) it's unlikely Piccolo has surpassed SSJ3 Gotenks in that short of time. Although this is Super anything's possible, but we've never been given any evidence of that in Super.

1. Copy Vegeta - first of all it's a filler, but even if it wasn't, there's no reason to believe Copy Vegeta is exactly the same power or even close to regular Vegeta.
2. Vegeta definitely did not need SSJ to defeat Frost. He went SSJ then one shot him in the tournament, which means it's unlikely he needed SSJ at all.
3. The fight between Frost and Piccolo is very hard to determine who is actually more powerful because the fight ended early due to poison.
4. It's pretty clear short spars in Super don't actually represent a person's power. You had Ganos sparring with Goku for a few seconds and then Ganos got wrecked by Roshi, hardly consistent or a reliable factor.
Roshi did not block any hits from Frost and Frost himself said he is holding back.And no?The end of Z has nothing to do with it since we don't know anything outside of Goku and Vegeta being the strongest and we know that Piccolo still trains in his free time in a interview from Toriyama anyways(not to mention in universe as well).

1)Filler is made for the anime not to catch up to the manga very quickly which is not the case here,therefore its not filler.It was stated in the episode that Copy Vegeta has all of Vegeta's power.
2)Yes he did,in fact if he could defeat him in base form,he would do just that to humiliate him further.Even if we go by your logic,super saiyan is 50times boost so thats more than enough difference.
3)It does not matter which of the 2 is stronger in the point i am trying to make.Piccolo could block hits from final form Frost and Assault form Frost was winning against base Goku,Goku is equal with Vegeta in base if not stronger,Copy Vegeta had all of Vegeta's power and in base form he destroyed ssj3 Gotenks.
Those are facts we were shown in the show,its not something that can be debated.
4)And what does that have to do with anything?I never mentioned any spars,the examples i mentioned were actual fights.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:08 pm

There is no "filler" in DBS, people need to seriously understand this, Goku referenced the Copy Vegeta arc in the Trunks arc... but okay somehow "filler". :roll:

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:14 pm

I think the wildly inconsistent power scaling, which is causing so much confusion, makes some events contradict others. Nothing can be trusted, but everything is open for interpretation as a result.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:There is no "filler" in DBS, people need to seriously understand this, Goku referenced the Copy Vegeta arc in the Trunks arc... but okay somehow "filler". :roll:
Hit also used his moveset in the two part Ep again in 104, this prove there is no filler.I really wish The Anime fandom stop overusing that term
    On topic I really liked how beerus is characterized in this saga wether is the manga or anime, the bit of him respecting Roshi is good
    Mostly active on discord.

Soppa Saia People
    I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:There is no "filler" in DBS, people need to seriously understand this, Goku referenced the Copy Vegeta arc in the Trunks arc... but okay somehow "filler". :roll:
    I mean, there's filler in every show. Filler isn't always stuff that's non canon, it could just mean something boring/uninteresting, and Super has a lot of that, IMO. But I see your point.
    I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MaskedRider
    Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:12 pm

When did he reference it? I can't recall

Boo Machine
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:25 pm

MaskedRider wrote: When did he reference it? I can't recall
    Episode 56 I believe. Vegeta is pounding Black through a few buildings and Goku says something like "It's weird to see someone with my face getting beaten up. This must be how vegeta felt on Planet Potaufeu". Potaufeu being the planet where the Jelly vegeta fight took place.
    SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Whatever wrote:
    Saturnine wrote:
    Whatever wrote: What does the Buu saga have to do with that?Base Copy Vegeta destroyed ssj3 Gotenks and Vegeta needed super saiyan to defeat frost a character that Piccolo could block hits from and thats from back in the U6,now all 3 of those characters have gotten stronger.
    That "base Copy Vegeta" you're referring to if he tried to go Super Saiyan, his hair would be blue. So it's not fair to compare regular SSj Vegeta to that. I thought this was pretty clear by now.
    What are you even talking about?Where was something like that stated?If he wanted to normal super saiyan he could but he decided to go blue to have his all out match with Goku.
    If a Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God goes Super Saiyan, the result is Super Saiyan Blue. This was stated verbatim by Goku in both RoF and DB Super.

Whatever
    Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Saturnine wrote:
    Whatever wrote:
    Saturnine wrote:
    If a Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God goes Super Saiyan, the result is Super Saiyan Blue. This was stated verbatim by Goku in both RoF and DB Super.
    Yes i know Super saiyan Blue is the super saiyan version of super saiyan god but thats not the point,you said that Base Copy Vegeta could not go regular super saiyan for some reason.

MaskedRider
    Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
    MaskedRider wrote: When did he reference it? I can't recall
    Episode 56 I believe. Vegeta is pounding Black through a few buildings and Goku says something like "It's weird to see someone with my face getting beaten up. This must be how vegeta felt on Planet Potaufeu". Potaufeu being the planet where the Jelly vegeta fight took place.
    Huh, how about that.

KingKaash
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 am

I hope the show remembers it. But then again what will Beerus' character be then. Part of Beerus character is that he is a GoD that doesn't really care about others because he is way stronger than them and can destroy them in an instant. God of Destructions shouldn't respect anyone because that would make their job harder when it comes time to destroy those people. I think they need to be apathetic to all beings so they don't feel bad when they have to destroy one of them. So I expect Beerus to go back to not respecting the tertiary characters
    "Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

SsjCookie
    Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:38 am

TheOne wrote:
    Ziegander wrote:I honestly don't know why people are so impressed with it. It feels forced and inconsistent. Beerus shit on Krillin who performed much better than Tien, but now we're all supposed to be enamored with Beerus because he called Tien impressive? Impressive for what? Running in a straight line directly at a shooter? Eliminating a joke that any other fighter remaining in the tournament, Roshi included, should have logically had no issue taking down once the reflector was discovered, and more than half the remaining fighters shouldn't have needed to worry even with the reflecting character? The drama and danger of that episode were forced, Tien's loss and his terrible tactics and fighting skill was all outrageously forced, and subsequently Beerus' praise of Tien's shit show rang hollow to me, because it was so forced.

Beerus respecting and praising Roshi on the other hand was earned, and that I appreciate. Krillin didn't earn his condemnation from Beerus or 18. That was forced. Tien certainly did nothing to warrant praised. That was forced. So characterizing Beerus as growing to respect the Earthlings? I just don't know. On one hand it feels out of character, on another it feels forced, and on yet another it feels undeserved. I do expect we won't see any particular respect or praise for the Earthlings from Beerus moving forward beyond the Tournament of Power, though.
    He took a crap on Krillin because he was gloating and goofing off. That's a stupid and childish way to go out. Even supreme kai was low key pissed. In a tournament that decides all their fates, they have every right to be pissed at Krillin. Tien got taken out due to surprise. Easy mistake that caught everyone off guard. You can't compare the two. Honestly if these two were going to be so useless in this tournament, they would've been better off just having Trunks and Goten fight since they're compatible.
    Agreed,
    Krillin acted like a total amateur being all cocky on a tournament where their whole existence depends on, well done Krillin....NOT!!
    As much as I like Krillin they should have left him on the sidelines if their only purpose of bringing him back into the fold was using him as fodder.
    Tien was as useless as ever so I wasn't really surprised he dropped out the way he did. For a guy who's life resolves around fighting he's really not very good at it.
    Expected way more of him though.
    Roshi was a nice surprise, you can understand that he is a master at what he does.
    Maybe not the strongest of all the human fighters, but most certainly the smartest and the most skilled.

Did Krillin and Tien earned Beerus respect?....No!
    Did Roshi earned it?....yes!

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Whatever wrote:
    Saturnine wrote:
    Whatever wrote: What are you even talking about?Where was something like that stated?If he wanted to normal super saiyan he could but he decided to go blue to have his all out match with Goku.
    Yes i know Super saiyan Blue is the super saiyan version of super saiyan god but thats not the point,you said that Base Copy Vegeta could not go regular super saiyan for some reason.
    He couldn't, because in his base he was strongly implied to be "Saiyan Beyond God", i.e. having all the power of SSj God in his base form. The only way to get any stronger off that is to go SSj Blue. Unless you believe SSj Blue is a x4000 or something multiplier over that kind of power, in that case yeah, he probably could go regular SSj.

Whatever
    Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Saturnine wrote:
    Whatever wrote:
    Saturnine wrote:
    He couldn't, because in his base he was strongly implied to be "Saiyan Beyond God", i.e. having all the power of SSj God in his base form. The only way to get any stronger off that is to go SSj Blue. Unless you believe SSj Blue is a x4000 or something multiplier over that kind of power, in that case yeah, he probably could go regular SSj.
    There is no 'Saiyan Beyond God' that exists only on DBH,never in the show was it stated or hinted that such a thing existed.
    Also i have no idea how many times stronger he could get since we have never been given any kind of miliplier on the SSJG or SSJB form.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Whatever wrote: There is no 'Saiyan Beyond God' that exists only on DBH,never in the show was it stated or hinted that such a thing existed.
    Well, depending on what to you is a "hint". To me base Vegeta being stronger than SSj3 Gotenks, and then being equal to Cabba who not only has never absorbed God power himself, but has never even heard about Super Saiyans is hint enough. Also, SSj2 Goku being equal to SSj2 Future Trunks.

Saiyan beyond God was clearly used at least in some instances in the anime, it was later purposely forgotten. These instances were the RoF arc and the Potaufeu arc.

Whatever
    Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Saturnine wrote:
    Whatever wrote: There is no 'Saiyan Beyond God' that exists only on DBH,never in the show was it stated or hinted that such a thing existed.
    Well, depending on what to you is a "hint". To me base Vegeta being stronger than SSj3 Gotenks, and then being equal to Cabba who not only has never absorbed God power himself, but has never even heard about Super Saiyans is hint enough. Also, SSj2 Goku being equal to SSj2 Future Trunks.

Saiyan beyond God was clearly used at least in some instances in the anime, it was later purposely forgotten. These instances were the RoF arc and the Potaufeu arc.
    Thats just powercreep,by that logic Goten and Trunks must be weaker than saiyan saga Vegeta since they did not even know what a super saiyan was.
    And now you are going way into headcanon territory just because you don't like some specific characters being that powerfull.
    Also we saw Goku in BOG turn super saiyan in which he was what you refer as 'Saiyan Beyond God' and he still did not turn Super Saiyan Blue,that alone proves that 2 bases do not exist even if you use the excuse 'it was forgotten'.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Whatever wrote: Thats just powercreep,by that logic Goten and Trunks must be weaker than saiyan saga Vegeta since they did not even know what a super saiyan was.
    Not really the same ballpark at all. I don't think you realize how powerful a SSj God is. SSjG Goku was implied to be way stronger than SSj Vegetto, since Goku said that not even fusing would do any good against Beerus. With SSj God he was at least confident enough to put up a fight. Goku even remarked that he had not realized such power was even possible and that he would never be able to get there with just training. Base Goku and Vegeta were implied to be just as strong or even stronger than that in their base forms as of RoF. And you're surprised people are bothered by base Cabba supposedly being on the same level? Everything speaks against him being on that level of power, it's you who's being willfully blind and straying into headcanon if you think otherwise. Not to mention those countless inconsistencies that arise if you assume that base Goku is equal to SSj God. For example, why did Goku need SSj2 to fight Ultimate Gohan, if he had all the power of a SSj God in base? That would mean base Goku > Ultimate Gohan > SSj2 Goku. And no, Gohan would never get THAT much stronger from justa few hours of training with Piccolo. That is just one instance proving that the idea of Goku and Vegeta being as strong in base as SSj God was retired, and they were retconned to not possess such power in their base forms, probably for drama-preserving reasons as well as a chance to showcase old transformations more.
    And now you are going way into headcanon territory just because you don't like some specific characters being that powerfull.
    If you understood what SSj God was about, you wouldn't like the idea Cabba, who's never even heard of SSj be as strong as SSj God either. Because it makes no fucking sense, is completely unjustifiable in any conceivable way and frankly, was not even implied anywhere.
    Also we saw Goku in BOG turn super saiyan in which he was what you refer as 'Saiyan Beyond God' and he still did not turn Super Saiyan Blue,that alone proves that 2 bases do not exist even if you use the excuse 'it was forgotten'.
    That was instantly after absorbing the power of SSj God, which was so massive that Goku going SSj was more of a cosmetic thing than anything else. At that point it was maybe like adding 49 to 1, while the God power itself was like 1 million or something. At that point Goku hadn't mastered the godly ki yet. The training required to do so and the mechanisms associated with it have been explored in the anime, only after learning how to fully keep the godly ki inside their bodies and prevent it from leaking out could Goku and Vegeta go SSj Blue and finally multiply their absorbed God powers with another transformation.

Whatever
    Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Saturnine wrote: Not really the same ballpark at all. I don't think you realize how powerful a SSj God is. SSjG Goku was implied to be way stronger than SSj Vegetto, since Goku said that not even fusing would do any good against Beerus. With SSj God he was at least confident enough to put up a fight. Goku even remarked that he had not realized such power was even possible and that he would never be able to get there with just training. Base Goku and Vegeta were implied to be just as strong or even stronger than that in their base forms as of RoF. And you're surprised people are bothered by base Cabba supposedly being on the same level? Everything speaks against him being on that level of power, it's you who's being willfully blind and straying into headcanon if you think otherwise. Not to mention those countless inconsistencies that arise if you assume that base Goku is equal to SSj God. For example, why did Goku need SSj2 to fight Ultimate Gohan, if he had all the power of a SSj God in base? That would mean base Goku > Ultimate Gohan > SSj2 Goku. And no, Gohan would never get THAT much stronger from justa few hours of training with Piccolo. That is just one instance proving that the idea of Goku and Vegeta being as strong in base as SSj God was retired, and they were retconned to not possess such power in their base forms, probably for drama-preserving reasons as well as a chance to showcase old transformations more.

Its the same ballpark because it was a big deal back in dbz being as strong as saiyan saga Vegeta,you just don't treat as big deal since bigger powerlevels came after just like the case with ssjg.
    Did i ever say base Goku was as strong as SSJG?No i did not,him being stronger than ssj3 Gotenks does not mean he is as strong as a ssjg.
    That was instantly after absorbing the power of SSj God, which was so massive that Goku going SSj was more of a cosmetic thing than anything else. At that point it was maybe like adding 49 to 1, while the God power itself was like 1 million or something. At that point Goku hadn't mastered the godly ki yet. The training required to do so and the mechanisms associated with it have been explored in the anime, only after learning how to fully keep the godly ki inside their bodies and prevent it from leaking out could Goku and Vegeta go SSj Blue and finally multiply their absorbed God powers with another transformation.
    Its pretty ironic and hypocritical for you to state i am willfully blind and straying into headcanon when you do the same to fit the situation on what happened to BOG according to your own headcanon.Because most of what you said right was never stated,especially the 'goku going ssj was more of a cosmetic thing'.
    It was never stated or hinted in ROF that they cannot go normal ssj,also it was never stated in the series that Vegeta absorbed God powers like Goku either since he never turned ssjg so Vegeta being a 'Saiyan Beyond God' does not hold up.
    If anything it was stated in the show that Vegeta got stronger because of his training with Whis which thing Goku noted.