Could the final boss be either the Bugs or the Slugs?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Could the final boss be either the Bugs or the Slugs?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Could the final boss be the Bugs or the Slugs or do you still think it is Jiren?

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Could the final boss be either the Bugs or the Slugs?

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Between the mortals, it's clear that it's Jiren. That doesn't negate the possibility that one of the GoDs or Angels may be scheming something.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Doctor. wrote:Between the mortals, it's clear that it's Jiren. That doesn't negate the possibility that one of the GoDs or Angels may be scheming something.
I seriously don't understand what the Gods or Angels could do or possibly want to do.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:47 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Between the mortals, it's clear that it's Jiren. That doesn't negate the possibility that one of the GoDs or Angels may be scheming something.
I seriously don't understand what the Gods or Angels could do or possibly want to do.
We know nothing about them, that's the point. They can do anything with those characters and we're still forced to buy it.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:50 pm

I hope the bugs actually aren't one-off gimmicks who'll go down in one episode, and surprise everyone with their combat abilities.

Nameks better be great too, I'm putting my expectations in them.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm

I don't follow the manga, but if U4 has been given extra attention, my guess is the bugs. Last episode also steered us in that direction. Assuming of course they don't end up being a joke like Monanca.

Namekians would be just wishful thinking on my part :lol:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:04 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
I dont believe this will go down but my idea/head canon for a potential way it makes sense.:

When Future Zeno erased the timeline, he erased everything including the Angels.

Grand Priest realized no matter how "strong" he is that his existence is still in the hands of a figurative (at the least) child.

Maybe his children were also erased in Zenos previous rampage but that is at this time unconfirmed at all.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:05 pm

It's Jiren. Super has been pretty predictable so far, although I didn't think they were going to make so many characters useless, and I didn't expect them to make Roshi actually relevant. Look at how many fighters with cool moves they wasted in 2 minute KOs, all for the purpose of rushing to the Goku vs Jiren fight.

I've suspected them wanting to fight the gods early on, but now I'm starting to see less and less of that, which is really strange because it was heavily implied early on.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Zagacious wrote: I've suspected them wanting to fight the gods early on, but now I'm starting to see less and less of that, which is really strange because it was heavily implied early on.
Are we certain it's going to be this arc though? I also have the feeling something else is going on ever since Mojito turned that frown upside down right after his universe got erased, but maybe it's building up towards something bigger that will happen later on?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Michsi wrote:I don't follow the manga, but if U4 has been given extra attention, my guess is the bugs. Last episode also steered us in that direction. Assuming of course they don't end up being a joke like Monanca.

Namekians would be just wishful thinking on my part :lol:
All the manga said was that Quitela was the one that beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match.

If Jiren is not the final boss then it surely has to be one of these 2 pairs. Your wishful thinking in theory has a 50:50 chance of happening.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Jiren possibly not being the final foe doesn't mean it's surely one of the two pairs at all. With that said, I've always been under the mindset that Jiren is the strongest fighter in the tournament at the moment, but nothing at all suggested that he'd be the last opponent (he still could be but nothing actually confirms it). There's also the the possibility that this tournament gets stopped/interrupted for some reason or another. The thread title also implies that the protagonists would be combating the bugs/slugs but my problem with that is the possibility of several characters having different fights where someone's last big fight isn't against the bugs or slugs also exists.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:00 pm

I reckon Jiren will be the final boss of the tournament for Goku (and possibly other heavy hitters like Vegeta, Gohan, Frieza, Hit etc if they get involved) and the Bugs and Slugs will be the last big threat for the remaining second-string characters. Androids v Bugs and Piccolo v Slugs makes sense. Of the two groups, I'd say the bugs have more potential to be a big deal, because those Namekians look just a little too...bland to be major players. Maybe if they were in another team, but next to Hit, the Saiyans and Frost, Universe 6 has enough big names on the roster.

There's got to be a reason they're keeping them under wraps, but we thought the same of Universe 2's "hidden fighters" and look what they ended up being.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:53 am

Kataphrut wrote:I reckon Jiren will be the final boss of the tournament for Goku (and possibly other heavy hitters like Vegeta, Gohan, Frieza, Hit etc if they get involved) and the Bugs and Slugs will be the last big threat for the remaining second-string characters. Androids v Bugs and Piccolo v Slugs makes sense. Of the two groups, I'd say the bugs have more potential to be a big deal, because those Namekians look just a little too...bland to be major players. Maybe if they were in another team, but next to Hit, the Saiyans and Frost, Universe 6 has enough big names on the roster.

There's got to be a reason they're keeping them under wraps, but we thought the same of Universe 2's "hidden fighters" and look what they ended up being.
You are basically saying Piccolo and Slug don't have designs that look like major players which is completely ridiculous when you are comparing to the Universe 6 Saiyans

If you consider Universe 6 and 7 to have the same number of Major players then they are currently even with 7.

They didn't even really hide the Universe 2 guys as they actually showed us their full bodies in the same episodr they were in the shadows and the shadows still showed a lot. The Namekians were completely hidden and the bugs arr obviously using somr ability.

How can you put Gohan in the same category as Frieza when Gohan is getting his butt kicked in episode 108.

The question is more like will one of these come after Jiren and not at the same time.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:06 am

No, GFreeza is going to be FINAL BOSS
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:09 am

apex_pretador wrote:No, GFreeza is going to be FINAL BOSS
Even though he would lose to Goku or Jiren.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Wins and losses don't matter, what matters is intelligence. Just watch him outwit the Omni-King and make him his slave.

And Goku will not attack his OWN teammate in the middle of the battle royal. Let's not act like Gohan and Freeza's little ploy to take out Frost means anything.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:41 am

apex_pretador wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Wins and losses don't matter, what matters is intelligence. Just watch him outwit the Omni-King and make him his slave.

And Goku will not attack his OWN teammate in the middle of the battle royal. Let's not act like Gohan and Freeza's little ploy to take out Frost means anything.
The problem with Gohan and Frieza doing that is can't Frieza just knock Frost out with ease.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:19 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

The problem with Gohan and Frieza doing that is can't Frieza just knock Frost out with ease.
He's probably testing that cheater, and Gohan and Freeza maybe want to get to the hidden bugs.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:04 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

I guess it is clear now?
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:13 am

apex_pretador wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: Wins and losses don't matter, what matters is intelligence. Just watch him outwit the Omni-King and make him his slave.

I guess it is clear now?
It is clear but was dragged along for no reason.