I can't believe I lived the entire portion of my childhood and teenage years wishing that they would release a new....

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

I can't believe I lived the entire portion of my childhood and teenage years wishing that they would release a new....

Post by Bardo117 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Series, and here it is... Two years into the process, but a bit too late for me. Still enjoy the show, just not as much as I would've loved it at the peak of my fandom...
El Conejo Malo

precita
Banned

Re: I can't believe I lived the entire portion of my childhood and teenage years wishing that they would release a new..

Post by precita » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Well the dub of DBZ more or less ended by 2004-2005, that's when the redub of Seasons 1-2 were put out. GT was also already over in the dub by that time.

If you didn't follow Kai, then it has been a literal decade gap for dub fans from 2005-2015 when Super started. I fell out of Dragonball fandom for 10 years myself because of this, but Super brought me back full time. I'm 31 now, it's hard to believe I get as excited watching Super now as an adult as I was when I was a teenager watching DBZ over a decade ago.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: I can't believe I lived the entire portion of my childhood and teenage years wishing that they would release a new..

Post by Bardo117 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Well, actually I consider the peak of my fandom to be 2007-2013 lol
El Conejo Malo

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:10 pm

From the title this seemed like a thread about disappointment, glad the impression was wrong :D

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Should we be sorry that the timing of Akira Toriyama's interest and the marketability of the product don't line up with your specific relationship to the franchise?

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:03 pm

i watched DB in 96, and DBZ in 99 and ended it in 2001, and GT on 2003 (i'm brazilian, btw). I have always loved the franchise, and since then i was wishing for a new series, i never lost hope [i was born in 92, so i'm 25 now] and since the beginning of DBS, i'm really really happy. This new series had some problems in the beginning, but now i love it too much, like i loved DBZ and the classic DB.

I hope you'll enjoy everything that is to come. Are you watching it dubbed or are you catching up the weekly episoded aired on Japan?

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Duo wrote:Should we be sorry that the timing of Akira Toriyama's interest and the marketability of the product don't line up with your specific relationship to the franchise?
No, not really. Just a thought. The world doesn't wait or slow down for anybody haha
El Conejo Malo