Old Topic, but new for me

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Old Topic, but new for me

Post by Bardo117 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Could GT be one of the set universes in this series? Is that plausible?
El Conejo Malo

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Old Topic, but new for me

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Of the 12 we know of now, most likely not. But since they mentioned other universes that were destroyed earlier, I suppose if they REALLY wanted to, a random universe could come up and be the universe to GT, or something. Throw whatever timelines into the mix then yeah you could pretty much make any universe you wanted.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:42 pm

I'd say no.

Now that we have other legitimate universe its more accurate to call GT an Alternate Reality.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Something like GT wouldn't fit in with how the universes in Super work at all, no.

They aren't "alternate universe" sorts of things, but actual different universes. Heck, even the "twin" universes don't seem to have their own "alternate" versions of any specific individual (there's "close enough to feel familiar" pairs like Frost/Freeza, rather than there actually being a Freeza in the 6th universe that's different from the 7th's version), they only have some of the same species and planets in common, like maybe they started out like "alternates" but the branch-off point was millions of years in the past so the present state of planets, species, etc. is completely different between them.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Bardo117 wrote:Could GT be one of the set universes in this series? Is that plausible?
Not plausible. Because that's not how the Multiverse in Dragon Ball works. Universes have their own "twin versions", same planets; same inhabitants but not alternate counterparts (that's a subject to different timelines, related to time travelling).

Dragon Ball GT takes place in Universe 7. Considering movies have been said to take place in a different dimension and that Cooler appeared in the anime, what's plausible to think is that Dragon Ball GT takes place in this same dimension that some movies happen, but it's still Universe 7; just a different Universe 7. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 practically confirms that (see Future Trunks saga from the game for evidences).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 pm

GT was a fever dream of Mr. Satan
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:12 am

grimlock wrote: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 practically confirms that (see Future Trunks saga from the game for evidences).
XV2 doesn't confirm anything except the development team's own interpretation of events

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:10 am

Based on a line by Goku Black himself that whatever that is might be a portal to another dimension. Yes, it does confirm.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~