Will Goku be friends with Zeno still?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Will Goku be friends with Zeno still?

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:34 pm

After the tournament even if The universes get wished back/merged can Goku seriously be expected to be all pally with Zeno still?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: Will Goku be friends with Zeno still?

Post by Simere » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:40 pm

He still called him Zen-chan after U9 was erased if you want to take that as an indication. Plus he was still friendly with him during/after the Exhibition Match, knowing what was going to happen.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Simere wrote:He still called him Zen-chan after U9 was erased if you want to take that as an indication. Plus he was still friendly with him during/after the Exhibition Match, knowing what was going to happen.
Did he?

And I guess that was before he actually fully experienced Zeno following through on the destruction, I mean Beerus made Whis double check as if he didn't fully believe it.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Yeah, E99, 4:06:

"If Zen-chan decides to erase somethin', it's gettin' erased. That's why I'm gonna fight to the end, and be the last one standin'."

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Hm fair, though I suppose it could just be that Goku has only referred to him as such. as he told 17 during recruitment he doesn't like seeing innocent people getting killed, so I'd struggle to see him remain friendly.

this level of destruction is far different to Piccolo or Vegeta or even fat boo.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:04 pm

I mean...it really depends how things end. Without knowing that how can we say?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Hopefully not... otherwise Goku might as well be pals with Freeza, Cell, and Zamasu too.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Hopefully not... otherwise Goku might as well be pals with Freeza, Cell, and Zamasu too.
Considering the fact that Vegeta is right next to him as an ally......

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Those video game videos showing Goku fighting Zeno because he's pissed about the other Universe being erased seems to mean that Goku will be pissed. But I'm sure there will be some sort of resolution if/when they fight where Goku and Zeno will be alright. Because I doubt Zeno is going to Hell
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:27 pm

KingKaash wrote:Those video game videos showing Goku fighting Zeno because he's pissed about the other Universe being erased seems to mean that Goku will be pissed. But I'm sure there will be some sort of resolution if/when they fight where Goku and Zeno will be alright. Because I doubt Zeno is going to Hell
What video games?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Totamo wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Hopefully not... otherwise Goku might as well be pals with Freeza, Cell, and Zamasu too.
Vegeta has pretty much reformed though.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Vegeta has pretty much reformed though.
HE MURDERED CHILDREN!!!!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 pm

But he has also saved the world

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:29 pm

Zeno saved the world when he deleted Zamasu. :thumbup:

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:00 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:But he has also saved the world
Yeah. Eventually. Before then he was the cause of the earth being on the brink of doom more than once. Sometimes on purpose, and yet they didn't mind him staying there.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:01 am

Simere wrote:
KingKaash wrote:Those video game videos showing Goku fighting Zeno because he's pissed about the other Universe being erased seems to mean that Goku will be pissed. But I'm sure there will be some sort of resolution if/when they fight where Goku and Zeno will be alright. Because I doubt Zeno is going to Hell
What video games?
I'm talking about this: https://youtu.be/q99E_hyZKoY
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:17 am

Unless Zeno is completely reformed, I damn well hope not.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:45 am

Of course he will. He's friends with Vegeta and keeps giving Freeza chances to change so why not Zeno ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 am

Goku can be fairy insensible when it comes to these things, he brushes things off with borderline unsettling ease. His displays of compassion and anger at maliciousness are cursory, but then again, the others aren't really any better either. I really think this has more to do with the tone of the series, not to dwell too much on consequences and so on.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:05 am

This is why Goku should not be the one to make world influencing decisions; he dictates them on the basis on how they can benefit himself, not on what's most sensible or morally righteous. It's been an ongoing trend since his fight with Piccolo Jr at the 23rd tournament. No matter egregious their sins may be, they still are given a pass. In the cases of Nappa and the Ginyu Force, Goku wanted to spare them on the basis of fatal measures being unnecessary since they were already incapacitated; even though we already knew what would become of them if they had actually managed to escape and recuperate. In Piccolo and Vegeta's cases, he spared them so he could eventually sate his lust for combat, not knowing the sheer amount of atrocities and crimes they might perpetrate in the meantime. What has to be one of the most morally questionable scenes with Goku is depriving all of Earth's memory of Buu. I don't care if Goku, Vegeta or Mr Satan are giving their assurances that Buu will be kept in check, he still presents an ever existent danger to the populace, one that will eventually outlive all those aforementioned mitigating factors. Who will be left to reign Buu in should he go off the deep end? None of the earthlings should have been made to lose their memory. It's disgusting and speaks poorly of their capacity to self-determine for themselves how they should treat this entity who considered them to be little more than disposable food pieces or objects of amusement.

It wouldn't come as a surprise to see Goku treating Zeno like all is well after these sombre festivities leave the multiverse without seven realms of its existence. Goku isn't one to appreciate the consequences of his actions except for maybe in the case of him realising that his grandfather's death was a result of his own personal transformation many years back; even then, all he gave was a passing comment of remorse and wanting to apologise personally after he was sent to heaven. What's even worse is that no else in his world will likely pay much consideration for the consequences either. It's true they don't have a personal connection to those other worlds, but at the same you shouldn't be nonchalantly mingling with the person who brought about their destruction like all is well.