Kale's Super Saiyan forms

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Kale's Super Saiyan forms

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: The manga is not source material for DBS, it's irrelevant what the manga does or doesn't do.
You can choose to ignore the manga but that doesn't change the fact it's just as much an adaptation from Toriyama's notes than the anime is, actually rumors say Toriyama is more invested in the manga if anything lol
This is one of the main problems of Super, the canon is jeopardized since both products can contradict each other but have the same authority on that level lol

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:33 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Personally, I believe that Super Saiyan Rage is connected to Broli's Legendary Super Saiyan form.

The way I see it, Super Saiyan Rage is stronger than Super Saiyan God, but slightly weaker than Super Saiyan Blue/Rose, and drains more stamina (which is why Trunks powered down to SS2 against Future Zamasu after fighting SSR Black).

Broli's Legendary Super Saiyan form is similar to Kale's Super Saiyan Berserker form, but it's not the same. LSS has golden hair (the green was a temporary side-effect from the control device changing altering his regular SS form), and even though it has overflowing power, it doesn't increase Broli's battle power. It can also be combined with Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Oozaru, and Super Saiyan 4, and it can even reach a new level by combining it with SS4, Super Saiyan 4 Full Power. But Broli has an even stronger form now, his God form, which is a form beyond Legendary Super Saiyan. I believe that the way to reach this form is by combining Legendary Super Saiyan with Super Saiyan Rage, which triggers this unique God transformation.

Kale's Super Saiyan Berserker form however is something greater than Broli's LSS. It doesn't need to be combined with other forms to reach higher levels, it can reach higher levels on its own.

At least that's my head-canon on this. I'm planning to make a thread about my head-canon on all Saiyan forms, but I want to see Goku's new form first.
Another difference is that Broly appears to be fully in control of himself when he transforms into his Legendary Super Saiyan form while Kale loses control, becoming violent and unreasonable each time except for 101. Of course Broly is nasty and violent anyway...

When Kale goes berserk the last time, Caulifla said something about it happening because Kale powered up too much. So I wonder if it isn't a 'set' form that fits into the heirarchy like 1/2/3 but a form that triggers when Kale tries to access more of her power than she's prepared to control? The first two times, she's overcome with grief, jealousy and self-hatred so she goes zero to berserk immediately. Then in 101 she gets Super Saiyan and can transform into that with no trouble but can power up into Berserk by tapping into more power. That happens again in 114, but when Caulifla breaks through to her she changes into Super Saiyan 2. I don't really buy that 2 is the stonger form of the two but if Kale tried powering up further from SS2 without being prepared to control that much power, I suspect she'd go berserk again.

I do find it interesting that Kefla seems to share Kale's Super Saiyan forms but doesn't use the berserker power. Being a fusion, she might have a higher threshold for that kind of thing and she was still getting stronger when Goku knocked her out.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:My take on this whole matter is that SSBerserk (my personal name for Kale's form) is, on a technical basis, the same form as SSRage, which Future Trunks used in the anime rendition of his main story arc before the current one. I believe these forms represent the pinnacle of Saiyan power without the influence of SSG, the "true form" of a Saiyan, achieved through the purest of rage.

There are some similarities between the two. Both have blank white eyes (at least at first for SSRage), both have immense power that puts them on equal footing with lower god-level opponents, both are catalyzed by immense rage and anger, both involve a bulking up of the body (though SSRage slims back down), and both allow the user to shake the very ground they step on due to the sheer power. In fact, I speculate that the blue electrical aura sparks from SS2 are a precursor to the full blue aura tint of SSRage.

So why the differences between the two forms? My headcanon on the differences lies in how each was achieved.

Future Trunks had already achieved SS and SS2 a long time ago, and had grown immensely powerful in the time up until he became SSRage. He's also a Human-Saiyan hybrid. Kale, however, raged out into SSBerserk right off the bat, and she's a pure-blooded Saiyan. It's possible that SSRage turned out the way it did because Future Trunks had already experienced SS forms beforehand and was a hybrid, and thus his form didn't grow out of control into a berserker. With Kale, she was turning into the form right away, without any experience as a SS, and perhaps couldn't control the power, explaining why it's green and bulked up so much more.

To summarize, SSRage and SSBerserk are essentially the same form, but the former happens when a hybrid who already has control over SS achieves it, and the latter happens when a pure-blood who hasn't experienced SS achieves it.
Personally, I believe that Super Saiyan Rage is connected to Broli's Legendary Super Saiyan form.

The way I see it, Super Saiyan Rage is stronger than Super Saiyan God, but slightly weaker than Super Saiyan Blue/Rose, and drains more stamina (which is why Trunks powered down to SS2 against Future Zamasu after fighting SSR Black).

Broli's Legendary Super Saiyan form is similar to Kale's Super Saiyan Berserker form, but it's not the same. LSS has golden hair (the green was a temporary side-effect from the control device changing altering his regular SS form), and even though it has overflowing power, it doesn't increase Broli's battle power. It can also be combined with Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Oozaru, and Super Saiyan 4, and it can even reach a new level by combining it with SS4, Super Saiyan 4 Full Power. But Broli has an even stronger form now, his God form, which is a form beyond Legendary Super Saiyan. I believe that the way to reach this form is by combining Legendary Super Saiyan with Super Saiyan Rage, which triggers this unique God transformation.

Kale's Super Saiyan Berserker form however is something greater than Broli's LSS. It doesn't need to be combined with other forms to reach higher levels, it can reach higher levels on its own.

At least that's my head-canon on this. I'm planning to make a thread about my head-canon on all Saiyan forms, but I want to see Goku's new form first.
Hmmm... that's not true. You are just making that up, there is no info explaining why his hair turned more yellow-ish in the second coming. We don't even know if there are any temporary side effects after breaking the crown, we only know that when Broly has the crown on, it prevents him from accessing his full potential, which explains the color change and his skin tone gets darker as well. But once he breaks free of his father's control he doesn't have the crown anymore and his hair is green.

Here
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
in the concept art (movie 10) it says that his hairstyle and such changed, and his strength increased as well. So maybe they just changed his hair color to point out that he is stronger than before?
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:23 pm

BrolyKale wrote:]Hmmm... that's not true. You are just making that up, there is no info explaining why his hair turned more yellow-ish in the second coming. We don't even know if there are any temporary side effects after breaking the crown, we only know that when Broly has the crown on, it prevents him from accessing his full potential, which explains the color change and his skin tone gets darker as well. But once he breaks free of his father's control he doesn't have the crown anymore and his hair is green.

Here
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
in the concept art (movie 10) it says that his hairstyle and such changed, and his strength increased as well. So maybe they just changed his hair color to point out that he is stronger than before?
His hair changes at the end of movie 8. After Goku absorbs everyone's power, he powers up and his hair turns yellow:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:19 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:]Hmmm... that's not true. You are just making that up, there is no info explaining why his hair turned more yellow-ish in the second coming. We don't even know if there are any temporary side effects after breaking the crown, we only know that when Broly has the crown on, it prevents him from accessing his full potential, which explains the color change and his skin tone gets darker as well. But once he breaks free of his father's control he doesn't have the crown anymore and his hair is green.

Here
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
His hair changes at the end of movie 8. After Goku absorbs everyone's power, he powers up and his hair turns yellow:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Well then, the power up changed his hair color. Just like Kale she went from light green to green.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:29 am

BrolyKale wrote:
Meshack wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Her Berserker form is called Sūpā Saiya-jin Bōsō which means "out of control" so its SSJ out of control and her other forms are called Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2.
Doesn’t she only have two?

First is the Berserker one, second is Super Saiyan (light green) and the last one is mastered Berserker? which is called Super Saiyan 2.
Never thought of it like that

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:02 am

Kale has 3 forms.
1) Super Saiyan Berserker (Broly's form without pupils)
2) Super Saiyan Berserker Suppressed (Murky Yellow Form)
3) Super Saiyan Berserker Full Power (Greenish hair with pupils)

3 is stronger than 1, which is stronger than 2.

Kefla unlocked a 'Super Saiyan Berserker 2' form. She used 'Super Saiyan Berserker Full Power' and 'Super Saiyan Berserker 2' against Goku.

Berserker 2 is stronger than Berserker Full Power.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:33 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Kale has 3 forms.

Kefla unlocked a 'Super Saiyan Berserker 2' form. She used 'Super Saiyan Berserker Full Power' and 'Super Saiyan Berserker 2' against Goku.

The whole point of her Super Saiyan 2 form is her not being a berserker anymore.

She has:
1. Super Saiyan
2. Berserker
3. Berserker, somehow controlled
4. Super Saiyan 2

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:51 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:Kale has 3 forms.

The whole point of her Super Saiyan 2 form is her not being a berserker anymore.

She has:
1. Super Saiyan
2. Berserker
3. Berserker, somehow controlled
4. Super Saiyan 2
I classify Kale and Kefla's forms under the Berserker name. It cannot be "Super Saiyan" and "Super Saiyan 2." Those forms do not have green hair. Every single Saiyan that has achieved Super Saiyan has had the same shade of yellow in their hair.

What Kale has (and by extension, Kefla) is something different. Hence, 'SSBerserker' for Broly's form; 'SSBerserker Suppressed' for the murky-non-SS1-yellow-haired form; 'SSBerserker Full Power' for the actualized green-haired form with pupils; 'SSBerserker 2' for what Kefla achieves, as it has the same green from SSBerserker and pushed Kale's most powerful form to the next level.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:58 am

As I call them.

1) Shin (true) Super Saiyan.

2) Legendery Super Saiyan (Berserk)

3) Legendery Super Saiyan (Mastered)

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:43 am

I wouldn’t use the anime as a reference to identify which forms are which. Frankly, episodes 100/101 feel pretty disconnected to episodes 113/114 so i’d just wait for the manga if I were you.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:08 pm

KALE's berserk form (cute name) is basically ssj1 grade 3 without the speed loss.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:29 am

Just so I understand ...

Regular SS1, Kale's SS, Kefla's SS1, and Broly's SS are all the same form?

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Kale's LSS and Broly's LSS are both the same form?

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Kale's SS2, Kefla's SS2, and regular SS2 are the same form?

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:37 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Just so I understand ...

Regular SS1, Kale's SS, Kefla's SS1, and Broly's SS are all the same form?

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Kale's LSS and Broly's LSS are both the same form?

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Kale's SS2, Kefla's SS2, and regular SS2 are the same form?

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Let me put it this way.

Due to being Legendery Super Saiyan, Kale and Broly have different types of transformations to your normal saiyan.

Their "normal" SS forms are different, Kale's hair is slightly greenish and in both cases they get a notiable increase in muscle mass. So there's enough there to argue it being at least a variant.

As far as we know, yes Kale and Broly's Legendery forms are ment to be the same. However Broly is displaying traits Kale dose not have. He's got a golden eyed buff normal state, his SS form has normal blond hair but increased muscle mass and his Legendery form seems to function differently to Kale's at least from what little we see.

Kales later form is a bit of a head scratcher. It dose not have any electrisity and seems smaller then her LSS form. It's be refered to as a Mastered version of her LSS form. I can honesly say I don't know what the hell it's ment to be and it causes an even bigger rift when trying to compire her to Broly.

Kefla is somthing all her own. Her transormations appear to be a fusion of the normal SS branch and the LSS one.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Let me put it this way.

Due to being Legendery Super Saiyan, Kale and Broly have different types of transformations to your normal saiyan.

Their "normal" SS forms are different, Kale's hair is slightly greenish and in both cases they get a notiable increase in muscle mass. So there's enough there to argue it being at least a variant.

As far as we know, yes Kale and Broly's Legendery forms are ment to be the same. However Broly is displaying traits Kale dose not have. He's got a golden eyed buff normal state, his SS form has normal blond hair but increased muscle mass and his Legendery form seems to function differently to Kale's at least from what little we see.

Kales later form is a bit of a head scratcher. It dose not have any electrisity and seems smaller then her LSS form. It's be refered to as a Mastered version of her LSS form. I can honesly say I don't know what the hell it's ment to be and it causes an even bigger rift when trying to compire her to Broly.

Kefla is somthing all her own. Her transormations appear to be a fusion of the normal SS branch and the LSS one.

Ughhhhhh. So I am trying to create a graphic of all the Saiyan forms from DB/DBZ/DBS/DBGT. Since the Tournament of Power and the December 2018 movie, Kale, Kefla, and Broly have become part of DBS.

The fact that no clarifications have been given regarding what exactly Kale and Kefla's forms are frustrates me. In my post you quoted I drew some inspiration from dragonball.wikia.com (I know it isn't very reliable, but I have no other ideas on **what exactly** Kale and Kefla's forms **are**).

This graphic is to showcase every single form in the above-mentioned series, but I cannot do that if Kale and Kefla's forms are unspecified.

So, my question to you, sir, is ... how I should approach this: 1) go with the ideas from dragonball.wikia.com, or 2) try to parse through this without much to go on?

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:58 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote: Kale's SS2, Kefla's SS2, and regular SS2 are the same form?
Unless the Dokkan Battle card refers to Kale's yellow-haired state from earlier in the tournament, I don't believe she actually has a "Super Saiyan 2" form. Nothing in the anime specifically calls it that, and the official design notes refer to it as the "controlled/mastered" version of her Legendary Super Saiyan form.

Agreed with the rest of your post, though.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Let me put it this way.

Ughhhhhh. So I am trying to create a graphic of all the Saiyan forms from DB/DBZ/DBS/DBGT. Since the Tournament of Power and the December 2018 movie, Kale, Kefla, and Broly have become part of DBS.

The fact that no clarifications have been given regarding what exactly Kale and Kefla's forms are frustrates me. In my post you quoted I drew some inspiration from dragonball.wikia.com (I know it isn't very reliable, but I have no other ideas on **what exactly** Kale and Kefla's forms **are**).

This graphic is to showcase every single form in the above-mentioned series, but I cannot do that if Kale and Kefla's forms are unspecified.

So, my question to you, sir, is ... how I should approach this: 1) go with the ideas from dragonball.wikia.com, or 2) try to parse through this without much to go on?

Hmmmmm not easy.

For starters ignore Kelfa totally. Her transformations are the result of fusion magic and are in no way tied to saiyan biology.

Best advice for Broly and Kale forms, keep them separate (put them at the end) and ignore Kale's last form due to the lack of information on it and just have the Super Saiyan - Legendery Variant and Legendery Super Saiyan. None will blame you for leaving out form with little to no data or explanation and that appears to be being contradicted in the very next story arc/movie. The form itself makes no sense, with it ment to be a controlled version of LSS but she's weaker then befor and she totally lacks the electricity of 2, worse it's not even in the manga. Hell Trunks's Rage form is less of a headache to rationalise. Save yourself the headache and dump it.

Edit: I say put them at the end, after GT, purly because these are forms tied to a unique genetic trait and not something just any saiyan can get.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:10 pm

Marlowe89 wrote: Unless the Dokkan Battle card refers to Kale's yellow-haired state from earlier in the tournament, I don't believe she actually has a "Super Saiyan 2" form. Nothing in the anime specifically calls it that, and the official design notes refer to it as the "controlled/mastered" version of her Legendary Super Saiyan form.

Agreed with the rest of your post, though.
Lord Frieza wrote: Hmmmmm not easy.

For starters ignore Kelfa totally. Her transformations are the result of fusion magic and are in no way tied to saiyan biology.

Best advice for Broly and Kale forms, keep them separate (put them at the end) and ignore Kale's last form due to the lack of information on it and just have the Super Saiyan - Legendery Variant and Legendery Super Saiyan. None will blame you for leaving out form with little to no data or explanation and that appears to be being contradicted in the very next story arc/movie. The form itself makes no sense, with it ment to be a controlled version of LSS but she's weaker then befor and she totally lacks the electricity of 2, worse it's not even in the manga. Hell Trunks's Rage form is less of a headache to rationalise. Save yourself the headache and dump it.

Edit: I say put them at the end, after GT, purly because these are forms tied to a unique genetic trait and not something just any saiyan can get.

This is the approach I took for Kale and Kefla's forms:

Super Saiyan Berserker is the LSS form that Kale has.
Super Saiyan Berserker Suppressed is the Super Saiyan - Legendary Variant spoken of.
Super Saiyan Berserker Full Power is Kale's final form that we have seen just before she fuses into Kefla; additionally, this form is what Kefla takes on when she becomes an SS1.
Super Saiyan Berserker 2 is the form Kefla takes on when she transforms into SS2 against UIO Goku.

I think Broly will have two of these four forms: 1) Super Saiyan Berserker Suppressed, which will be his yellow-haired form from the promo poster; 2) Super Saiyan Berserker, which will be the LSS.

How does this sound for a theory?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote: Kale's SS2, Kefla's SS2, and regular SS2 are the same form?
Unless the Dokkan Battle card refers to Kale's yellow-haired state from earlier in the tournament,
That's her "normal" Super Saiyan form.

During ToP she first uses her Berserker form.
Then manages to take control to some degree but retains the bulky form and the control appears quite limited.
Then she starts using a "normal" Super Saiyan form with blonde hair, though she still gets taller and more muscolar. That's her Super Saiyan form.
Then she reversts to Berserker.
Then she completely master her power and gets her Super Saiyan 2 form, which is basically her "normal" SS form but with greener hair and a SS2-like hair-do
I don't believe she actually has a "Super Saiyan 2" form. Nothing in the anime specifically calls it that, and the official design notes refer to it as the "controlled/mastered" version of her Legendary Super Saiyan form.
Source on this? i don't remember the design notes specifying anything.

Currently, Dokkan is the ONLY source of Kale's Super Saiyan 2 denomination, as that form doesn't appear anywhere else. So we have no reason to doubt it.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:04 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Currently, Dokkan is the ONLY source of Kale's Super Saiyan 2 denomination, as that form doesn't appear anywhere else. So we have no reason to doubt it.
What I'm saying is that the Dokkan card most likely refers to her "normal" yellow-haired form. Look closely at the image: Kale's hair is more gold than green, same as her state from earlier in the tournament when she first controlled her berserk state. She also has the raised left bang that's completely down when she controls her power fully later on.

Pretty sure people misinterpreted that card to refer to her final controlled form, although that's not suggested by the artwork.