Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 am

You know, I'm reminded of one of those fake images of "Limit Breaker Goku" when the promotional image was first teased to us.

Ah yes, here it is!

Jiren basically did this to SSB Goku in the episodes proper.

KidGoku>3
Beyond Newbie

Post by KidGoku>3 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Noah wrote:
KidGoku>3 wrote:Is Jiren evil ? Or at least have a dark side?

I ask because a fighter fighting for justice would NEVER stomp an opponent who is down on his back like that. Goku was down on his hands not even a threat and Jiren stomped and tried crushing Goku with his foot.That's the stuff villains do. What Freeza would do. That combined with the clown GODs behavior around him makes it even more suspicious.
You're right and as said before here: Jiren differs much from the Pride Troopers, with their goofy poses and lame speeches about justice. That's why I expected to see more of his background in these episodes, but he kept being the same guy that is just pretty strong and nothing else. The arc still not over, so they can show more about Jiren's character.
Right ? I hope they show more to him than this. I think they will cause it was weird with the clown GOD being so creepy and basically acting like he was mind controlling Jiren.

Kaio_Krazy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kaio_Krazy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Do we know what the name of the insert song is? Cause I want to be prepared to know what to look up when that beauty gets a full release.

Side note, I hope this leads to more insert songs.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Kaio_Krazy wrote:Do we know what the name of the insert song is? Cause I want to be prepared to know what to look up when that beauty gets a full release.

Ultimate Battle by Zenta

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:25 pm

According to Ken Xyro on Twitter, apparently the CD for the DBS Opening has a track called "Opening 2 - Vegeta Version". Maybe Vegeta will get his moment to shine in this tournament?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:35 pm

omaro34 wrote:I posted this in another thread because that's where the conversation led to but I should post it here given that its an episode thread.

In regards to Vegeta not lending out his energy for the spirit bomb: Where was the Vegeta that was incredibly honorable in the Buu arc? Where was the Vegeta that died trying to protect the lives of those he really cared about? Keep in mind Vegeta was the one who orchestrated the whole Spirit Bomb idea to Goku when they fought Kid Buu. He tried to convince the humans on Earth to lend a helping hand and give their energy.

Now we fast forward to this, Freeza helping Goku but not Vegeta just means his character still has maturing to do; it's a regression in his character. Or bad writing.
The Spirit Bomb was Vegeta's idea but he never gave his energy to that one either, and he only stepped in to fight Buu to buy time once they realized the Earthlings weren't going to listen. He still helped Goku by fighting off Ribrianne and it sounded like he planned to protect the weakened Goku while he rested before Frieza zipped him away. The Vegeta of the past would have been mad as hell about Goku surpassing him so much with Ultra Instinct, but he didn't seem to be angry at all. Just curious about what that was.

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:Why would he get jealous seeing freeza do it? that makes no sense. he simply didn't want to do it plus I'm sure it was also for energy conservation. like i said, he never even raised his hand when he came up with the idea for Boo.
what :lol: ? cant believe you took me that serious...what if i told you that goku and frieza have an affair?
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

Kaio_Krazy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kaio_Krazy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:32 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kaio_Krazy wrote:Do we know what the name of the insert song is? Cause I want to be prepared to know what to look up when that beauty gets a full release.

Ultimate Battle by Zenta
And it has and easy to remember name? Sweet!

Thanks a bunch man!

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:38 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
omaro34 wrote:I posted this in another thread because that's where the conversation led to but I should post it here given that its an episode thread.

In regards to Vegeta not lending out his energy for the spirit bomb: Where was the Vegeta that was incredibly honorable in the Buu arc? Where was the Vegeta that died trying to protect the lives of those he really cared about? Keep in mind Vegeta was the one who orchestrated the whole Spirit Bomb idea to Goku when they fought Kid Buu. He tried to convince the humans on Earth to lend a helping hand and give their energy.

Now we fast forward to this, Freeza helping Goku but not Vegeta just means his character still has maturing to do; it's a regression in his character. Or bad writing.
The Spirit Bomb was Vegeta's idea but he never gave his energy to that one either, and he only stepped in to fight Buu to buy time once they realized the Earthlings weren't going to listen. He still helped Goku by fighting off Ribrianne and it sounded like he planned to protect the weakened Goku while he rested before Frieza zipped him away. The Vegeta of the past would have been mad as hell about Goku surpassing him so much with Ultra Instinct, but he didn't seem to be angry at all. Just curious about what that was.
True but Vegeta's reaction could change next episode. He could become angry that Goku surpassed him once again. After all, that is one of his life long goals. And fighting Ribrianne is a waste of time for him in his base form.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:41 pm

Now, Jiren VS. Goku was pretty damn great, and I'm sure most of us are pretty excited for Hit VS. Jiren on the weekend, but I'm hoping that other fights don't get overshadowed too much now that Jiren has shown just how much of a beast he is.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:00 pm

i'm more interested to see Jiren vs Hit since Hit has time skip, intangibility, & is able to improve.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:i'm more interested to see Jiren vs Hit since Hit has time skip, intangibility, & is able to improve.
Don't forget the HEART-STOPPER!! (Also, I now decree that all references of that move by any of us now legally must be done as HEART STOPPER!! from this point forward :lol: )

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

Exactly. He didn't do it cause he obviously doesn't want to and most likely to conserve energy. Nobody in U7, even Freeza, figured someone would try to attack any of them except Vegeta. Completely in character if you ask me especially for a guy that pleaded Earth to give energy and never gave it himself lol seems like people really don't remember that detail, but since it's Dragon Ball Super it's wrong or something. I'm still baffled that people forget that Vegeta DOES want to be the best even if he knows Goku will usually one up him. Vegeta isn't settling for less even if he does respect Goku's strength and talent. Like you said, he wasn't mad at all when Goku came back. he was calm and intrigued. But that doesn't fit the Vegeta regressed narrative. I think he has something up his sleeve. he has to. he would've shown a little more agitation if he didn't. he hasn't even gone full strength at all.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 am

What is everyone's thoughts on Goku and Ep110.

Did he receive a new form AND a technique?

Or is the technique the power boost/visual/fighting-without-thinking wrapped into one? Like Kaioken: It's a technique, visual change, power boost.

If He has a new form and new technique then the question is, can he use this technique in base, ss, etc? If it is indeed a skill that one can master, it only makes sense for him to be able to use it whenever. Unless they go the Db route and say it drains stamina.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:00 am

I loved the beam Goku did, he used an attack that wasn't the Kamehameha and it looked so cool, hopefully we get a name for it.

ultravegeta

Post by ultravegeta » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:40 am

Maybe Vegeta 's full power is him controlling his ki output. Thus a fully mastered ssjb. My guess is his power in that state rivaling goku s ssjb Kaioken x 10.

Traveller

Post by Traveller » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:52 am

Caught up on the last five episodes or so since leaving it for awhile.

I dunno, I kinda find this whole arc a bit boring or a bit whats the point. Probably just me, I enjoy it but just doesn't feel like theres much progression or stakes in Super compared to DB/DBZ, I can't pinpoint why exactly I think that. It all feels a bit redundant to me in a way, this arc is all fighting and no adventure or other bits to focus on as much too. Last couple of eps were nice to look at though and were fun to watch in the moment.

The new forms are getting a bit much too. I wish some of these new forms could be learnt and used by everyone and not just the Saiyans as well.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:08 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:i'm more interested to see Jiren vs Hit since Hit has time skip, intangibility, & is able to improve.
Don't forget the HEART-STOPPER!! (Also, I now decree that all references of that move by any of us now legally must be done as HEART STOPPER!! from this point forward :lol: )
The Nep clearly shows jiren blocking the heart-stopper very easily.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 am

Freezerbaby wrote:
Did you see the image captured from the NEP where Jiren has a big gaping HEART STOPPER!! indent in his chest? It's VERY easy to miss.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 am

Freezerbaby wrote:
Did you see the image captured from the NEP where Jiren has a big gaping HEART STOPPER!! indent in his chest? It's VERY easy to miss.
Can you post that image? I only see Hit landing a punch on Jiren at the end of the nep, but that´s about it.