Some scenes in episodes 109-110 have been cut in subbed version!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Some scenes in episodes 109-110 have been cut in subbed version!

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Arugela wrote:It was technically important as it showed zeno might need protection.
I think it was more along the lines of Daishinkan worrying that if some debris or something hit Zeno they might get mad and erase everything.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Asura wrote:So is there an officially subbed version out there that has these scenes? I was planning to show a friend 109 and 110 tonight and the missing scenes aren't a huge deal but it would be nice to have them given it makes Vegeta seem a little less like an asshole, and shows Jiren putting up a little more of a struggle against the spirit bomb.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. The funi version has subtitles, you just have to hit "Japanese" under Audio before you get the option to select subtitles, even though the audio is obviously already in Japanese. Weird, but at least it works now.
I think the funimation one was one giant video with both episodes. That could be why they have the scene and the other doesn't.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:48 pm

Daisuki and Crunchyroll both also have a shorter recap of the previous episode and don't have any of the special eyecatches.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:12 am

Yeah I do not remember seeing this when I watched Episode 109 on AnimeLab. I'm not too fussed because I actually found the Spirit Bomb struggle to drag a little in 109. :lol: That's so bizarre though. I'm guessing it was Toei's fault? Don't see why the streaming services would go out of their way to cut a whole minute off.

Was there anything else that was different to the episodes that aired in Japan compared to what we got in the streams?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:22 am

Miles Thomas, the marketing director at Crunchyroll, took to Twitter to explain that Crunchyroll asks the licensors for materials earlier than some television stations. This is why television stations will receive different versions of a single episode, because they receive their masters at different times. This is something that happened a lot with Yuuri on Ice and Shingeki no Kyojin. In other words, Crunchyroll got a very early copy of Episodes #109-110, before these scenes were finished. In this day and age the Blu-ray master is truly the definitive version of a series.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:25 am

I don't think Daishinkan protected Zen'os with that shield...It's the same shield Vados made for herself when Champa opened Beeru's door...
But because he was in front of Zen'os, it seemed to protect them...

But remember that Future Zen'o survived a 12 universes explosion without any damage and Future Daishinkan is probably dead.
Whis also said that Zen'o cannot be destroyed.
Vados Sama!