New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Re: New Important Character Incoming!?!?

Post by Goresh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:30 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:My bet's on it being the Omni-Mom.
Dragon Ball's deity staircase goes on seemingly forever; I can absolutely see the Omni Kings having parents.
I don't think so. You shouldn't be going off of the looks of the silhouette's looks because the silhouette isn't supposed to resemble the actually character says the actually translations. Plus the silhouette is basically just Hit turned at an angle

It says that under every figure though. So I would assume that the general shape of the silhouette is in fact the shape of the character.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Goresh wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:My bet's on it being the Omni-Mom.
Dragon Ball's deity staircase goes on seemingly forever; I can absolutely see the Omni Kings having parents.
I don't think so. You shouldn't be going off of the looks of the silhouette's looks because the silhouette isn't supposed to resemble the actually character says the actually translations. Plus the silhouette is basically just Hit turned at an angle

It says that under every figure though. So I would assume that the general shape of the silhouette is in fact the shape of the character.
Where does it say that under the other figures? I wouldn't even make sense to say that because the other figures aren't silhouetted.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Goresh wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I don't think so. You shouldn't be going off of the looks of the silhouette's looks because the silhouette isn't supposed to resemble the actually character says the actually translations. Plus the silhouette is basically just Hit turned at an angle

Where does it say that under the other figures? I wouldn't even make sense to say that because the other figures aren't silhouetted.
It says 「画像はイメージです。実際の商品とは異なります。」under each figure. They are probably required to put that below every figure for legal purposes since the advertisement is being used as a marketing medium. I wouldn’t interpret that as it meaning the shape of the figure is some randomly generated placeholder image.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Goresh wrote:It says 「画像はイメージです。実際の商品とは異なります。」under each figure. They are probably required to put that below every figure for legal purposes since the advertisement is being used as a marketing medium. I wouldn’t interpret that as it meaning the shape of the figure is some randomly generated placeholder image.
Ah, so it's the equivalent of the "actual product may vary" disclaimer?

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:08 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Goresh wrote:It says 「画像はイメージです。実際の商品とは異なります。」under each figure. They are probably required to put that below every figure for legal purposes since the advertisement is being used as a marketing medium. I wouldn’t interpret that as it meaning the shape of the figure is some randomly generated placeholder image.
Pretty much, yeah.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:24 pm

Goresh wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Pretty much, yeah.
Ahh, i get it. Yes but still the silhouette is a place-holder because it is a silhouette of an already existing character. It's just Hit turned at an angel which means that the new character probably doesn't look like the silhouette
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:40 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Goresh wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Ah, so it's the equivalent of the "actual product may vary" disclaimer?
Pretty much, yeah.
Ahh, i get it. Yes but still the silhouette is a place-holder because it is a silhouette of an already existing character. It's just Hit turned at an angel which means that the new character probably doesn't look like the silhouette
We've seen Hit at a 3/4 angle and that doesn't match his profile at all. The hips are way too wide, the arms, legs and waist are too skinny, the feet are way too small and Hit's skull doesn't protrude that far in the back. The back of his head and neck are partially obscured by his ear box thingies. Plus there's a hint of a curled hand on the right hip which is placed way too low to be the cuff on Hit's jacket.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:05 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Goresh wrote:
Pretty much, yeah.
We've seen Hit at a 3/4 angle and that doesn't match his profile at all. The hips are way too wide, the arms, legs and waist are too skinny, the feet are way too small and Hit's skull doesn't protrude that far in the back. The back of his head and neck are partially obscured by his ear box thingies. Plus there's a hint of a curled hand on the right hip which is placed way too low to be the cuff on Hit's jacket.
I'm pretty sure AnimeNation is correct. It's probably the literal hit picture on the other side of the image with missing features like you cut it with an exacto knife. Like It's just there to act as a quick easy image. If you take straight lines and cut out the neck part of his clothings and the legs and simply follow easy to cut lines it's the same image on the other side of the main advertisement. It's literally has nothing then to do with the new character. The bulbous eye looking part is Hits oversized eyebrow or ear. Someone probably just took an editor tool and made a simple trace(removing some of the outer edge of the image) and removed all coloring to make the image. the hips are also wider because of the tracing of the space between the arms. It would make it larger looking if they traced inwards a bit. Plus they did it fast and didn't bother keeping clothing lines. Possibly on purpose to make it look a little different. That or they were just doing it simply because they didn't care to cut out more.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:21 pm

Arugela wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Ahh, i get it. Yes but still the silhouette is a place-holder because it is a silhouette of an already existing character. It's just Hit turned at an angel which means that the new character probably doesn't look like the silhouette
I'm pretty sure AnimeNation is correct. It's probably the literal hit picture on the other side of the image with missing features like you cut it with an exacto knife. Like It's just there to act as a quick easy image. If you take straight lines and cut out the neck part of his clothings and the legs and simply follow easy to cut lines it's the same image on the other side of the main advertisement. It's literally has nothing then to do with the new character. The bulbous eye looking part is Hits oversized eyebrow or ear. Someone probably just took an editor tool and made a simple trace(removing some of the outer edge of the image) and removed all coloring to make the image. the hips are also wider because of the tracing of the space between the arms. It would make it larger looking if they traced inwards a bit. Plus they did it fast and didn't bother keeping clothing lines. Possibly on purpose to make it look a little different. That or they were just doing it simply because they didn't care to cut out more.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I agree. They edited enough to make it look like its own character silhouette because people would get confused if it looked to much like Hit.

Fingers crossed for Zarama/Zalama

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:38 pm

The overall figure looks feminine, so I think this new character is female. That's all I can guess right now though.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:20 pm

JoeCapricorn wrote:The overall figure looks feminine, so I think this new character is female. That's all I can guess right now though.
Look again. The silhouette is just a slightly edited Hit turned at an angle. Plus the text said the the actual product wont look like the silhouette

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:25 am

The way they angle it certainly leaves it open to looking like a female. Maybe they edited it like that on purpose to leave it open ended.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:07 am

The silhouette appears to be feminine, especially around the mid-region of the body. Who knows, though? Freeza is an androgynous saurian humanoid with features indicative of both males and females. Maybe this new character fits that category of character. It could be anything or anyone at this point. With that said, I'm skeptical about it being a participant in the tournament. I could always be wrong.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:40 pm

I don't think its Zarama because I think the writers forgot about him. I'm fingers crossed for a fusion of Goku and Hit which is necessary to stop Jiren.. :) I mean Ultra Instinct + Time Skip?? That would be unbeatable

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:30 pm

gofishus wrote:I don't think its Zarama because I think the writers forgot about him. I'm fingers crossed for a fusion of Goku and Hit which is necessary to stop Jiren.. :) I mean Ultra Instinct + Time Skip?? That would be unbeatable
Zarama is more likely than that bro. Plus Hit doesn't know the fusion dance and Gogeta would be way more likely. Plus, the Super Dragon Balls are with them in the World of Void and if they were brought back for this Arc, there is alway a chance that he'll show up.

But part of me does agree with you. I mean they SEEMED to have forgotten about the original Super Saiyan God (although I do think that he exists in U6 too and they see him when they go to Planet Sadal

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:But part of me does agree with you. I mean they SEEMED to have forgotten about the original Super Saiyan God (although I do think that he exists in U6 too and they see him when they go to Planet Sadal
The original Super Saiyan God was only mentioned in the movie. He wasn't in the manga or the anime versions of BoG.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41 pm

The new character is most likely going to be someone completely new. It's pointless to speculate about it being a fusion or transformation of someone we know.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:33 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:But part of me does agree with you. I mean they SEEMED to have forgotten about the original Super Saiyan God (although I do think that he exists in U6 too and they see him when they go to Planet Sadal
The original Super Saiyan God was only mentioned in the movie. He wasn't in the manga or the anime versions of BoG.
You are right about it not being in the anime but apparently some videos from before show that in one of the manga panels a silhouette of the original super saiyan god were shown.

But yeah, we probably won't ever see him again unless Toyotaro remembers because little by little Toriyama is letting Toyotaro become a bigger factor for eac arc.
For this arc Toyotaro designed like half the new characters. I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama starts letting him come up with new arcs.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm

There's three possibilites:

1. It's a new form or possibly a fusion of characters already in the tournament.
2. A technicality or arbitrary decision by the Zeno's allows a new fighter to join one of the teams for some reason.
3. A character powerful enough to enter the tournament without fear of Zeno or the Grand Priest decides to join, which limits the character to someone completely new or Zarama.

As a monster Piccolo fan, I'd love if the warrior powerful enough to outlast Jiren and make it to the end was a fused Namekian. I could actually see them making the sacrifice given what they saw from Jiren against Goku, and what they're about to see against the most powerful warrior fromm their own Universe. If you take Quitella's face into consideration during Jiren, he didn't seem concerned, which leads me to believe the insects have some special ability or happen to be incredibly powerful. They may be able to change forms into something more humanoid or bond together.

I'm not sure what would lead to a decision by the Grand Priest or Zenos to add another fighter. Maybe if one of the fighters can't compete for a reason outside the actual battle.

We've yet to see Zarama, and the wish fromm the Super Dragon Balls plays the central plot point in the arc. It's possible he's appalled by the Zeno's decision, and comes to challenge them. He may even want to make a wish for himself. It's not like Dende or Kami are/were above the earth Dragon Balls even though they created them. They still needed them to make wishes. It's possible Zarama's in the same position.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote:If this exact sillhouette belongs to a new character and is not just a random one,I think it is a form of Jiren.

A slimmed down design with no power restrains.That may explain why he is so bulky in his current design.
Unless Jiren becomes a chick there's no way that's him.