What if we're not in a new arc...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

What if we're not in a new arc...

Post by Arugela » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:44 pm

What if we are still in the zamasu arc and this is really zamasu in goku's body training to gain how to use it properly. Obviously that would be an explenation of goku's actions. The next arc could then be a restart and new or greater hashed version of the last arc. Either with a twist or not. It could be an even more confusing time travel extravaganza!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPCLguoEHVM

What if the DBS storyline gets as involved as something like Steins Gate!!? :crazy: What if he is about to kill all of the gods of all of the universes and we find out we are still right smack back in the middle of the last arc?

What if jiren is there to help stop zamasu and the other gods know it. There were some odd threats from toppo towards goku. Like there was some reason he needed to kill him. We could still be in the middle of zenoh grand preist and others trying to kill goku/stop zamasu! Goku could actually be the villian of the arc. It would make a few things make sense.

Maybe that is where the wish comes in....
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: What if were not in a new arc...

Post by Chuquita » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:57 pm

I've considered and liked the "Zamasu is secretly this character!" theories because he is a big ham when he's piloting another body, but I feel like the odds are low because I think they'd have dropped more hints by now if that were the case.

OR they would've stuck with that Gokû as the villain point instead of dropping it so soon.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MaskedRider
Banned

Re: What if we're not in a new arc...

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 pm

The possibility is out there, Whis reversed time in RoF which allowed Goku to kill Freeza which would be a messing with causality unless Whis reversing time in itself was within causality.

I don't know :crazy:

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 pm

I did notice the similarities between the Ultra Instinct aura and Goku Black and Future Zamasu's auras, though I did not notice the eye color similarity! In any case, I can't say I find the theory at all likely, but... I WOULD LOVE IT! However, I don't think it works with all of the build-up in the exhibition and recruitment phases, and the entire Ultra Instinct payoff with Goku's training with Whis, I just don't think you could insert Zamasu in Goku's body again with all of that having happened, but, wow, that would be an interesting twist.

I mean, okay, after Goku/Zamasu gets defeated, then what? It's still the Tournament of Power. What, would that all be a ruse, and the Zenos would decide, okay, cool, now the tourney's over? Also, I mean, why would Zeno even bother? If Zamasu can survive Zeno erasing him from Time as well as Space, what the heck is Jiren or anyone else supposed to do about him?
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:40 pm

What if this tournament is part of how the gods were destroyed. Being in goku and winning would make it possible to skip the destruction of universe 10. It could be hashing out what happened the first time. Or it could be a slight variation and it ends differently finishing the last arc in a way we weren't expecting. We never did see the stuff goku black did to get strong enough to use SSJRose. If I'm remembering the correct things that is.

Zamasu could be laying low and pretending to be goku to get through his training of gokues body. It coudl explain gokus extra insistance on fighting bigger beings at everyones expense. Maybe some of the other Z fighters are or have partially figured this out. An extra reason for Vegeta not to give energy possibly. He did most of the fighting against Zamasu. Maybe he recognized something.

They also could have purposely overstated Zamasu being finished to play it off in a lowkey manner and this TOP is helping to finish off those events. Maybe they have to get past the year zamasu time traveled to be completely safe.

By part of that they could have acted like all of the time loops were closed when they weren't. Or they weren't completely and were seeing the rest of it in some form. Isn't the TOP technically happening in the year he time travelled and did what he did? Do we know if he used the Super dragon balls or the Regular dragon balls to make his wish?

Maybe this is some last variant of zamasus last super villain stand where he pops out of nowhere and makes his last ditch effort. There could always be an unaccounted or purposely miscounted version of him from a story standpoint. All they need to do is say someone lied of was wrong. Maybe this last year of events needs to play out to say they truly defeated him. There is still the chance he went into goku and/or zeno's body at the end of the last arc and is hiding.

BTW, it also makes more sense out of the introduction and sudden throw away nature of the universes if the focus will ultimately be on finishing the last remnant of zamasu.
My fan art:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:04 am

Nice try, but Zamasu wouldn't be able to use the Genki Dama. He also wouldn't be able to interact with Freeza as good as Goku can.

I'm pretty sure that by now it would be more obvious if that was supposed to be the case.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:13 am

This theory is just as unlikely as one of the Zenos being Zamasu, lol. This is dragon ball, it's pretty straight forward.

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:41 am

Actaully I think you're looking at the wrong character, I think there is higher chance of the Future Omni King being secretly possesed by Zamasu.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:44 am

Xeogran wrote:Nice try, but Zamasu wouldn't be able to use the Genki Dama. He also wouldn't be able to interact with Freeza as good as Goku can.

I'm pretty sure that by now it would be more obvious if that was supposed to be the case.
There is always the chance after the last arc he's hiding inside them and if goku pushes his power enough he'll reappear. He could be subtly influencing goku or others. He's was beyond a single entity when the last arc ended. And we don't know to what extent. We still don't know how he killed the gods either. For all we know these events are the original ones that happened. Or they still have to play out and they will finish it up in a slight variation in this arc to finish him off. The time frame in which he originally did those things are potentially a part of the zamasu arc. Especially the parts we never saw.

The theory is not unlikely. It's a direct assumption the writers leave you to ponder.

Maybe the new writers are being allowed to take it in directions common to other famous anime that are out now. it's a technical safe bet to lightly interweave those elements in. Or more than dragon ball normally does which would make a decent story development. If they do it right that could be a really good arc ending. And there are more than enough other anime doing it well for it to be an easy formula to follow and weave in the storyline. Especially since dragon ball has always done time travel to start. They would just be improving the trunks type story writing. Which goes with their other franchise stuff to boot. Nothing not in it for them not to write an extra good time travel puzzler this time.
My fan art:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am

No...just no....Goku has been acting like Goku this entire Arc.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:26 am

Oolong is Zamasu from the past timeline branch of the future that Trunks came from, disguised as present Zeno.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:51 am

This makes no sense at all. How would Zamasu suddenly start acting like Goku without even Gohan noticing something is wrong?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:07 pm

emperior wrote:This makes no sense at all. How would Zamasu suddenly start acting like Goku without even Gohan noticing something is wrong?
Seriously. Plus Zamasu would never have survived that Genki Dama without immortality. Just being honest, he doesnt have the skill or mental fortitude.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:35 pm

That way too complicated for Dragon Ball. There isn't a hidden or deeper meaning to everything about a certain story or arc in Dragon Ball.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Zeno is Zamasu, the Grand Priest is Zamasu, and Freeza is Zamasu too. In fact, everyone at the tournament is Zamasu. Due to all the timeline-splintering, though, not even Zamasu realizes everyone else there is Zamasu. We're about to watch a multiverse of Zamasus be erased.

Meanwhile, in all the other timelines, things carry on as normal.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:13 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
emperior wrote:This makes no sense at all. How would Zamasu suddenly start acting like Goku without even Gohan noticing something is wrong?
Seriously. Plus Zamasu would never have survived that Genki Dama without immortality. Just being honest, he doesnt have the skill or mental fortitude.
Wasn't the version of zamasu that took over the entire universe before zeno destroyed it immortal. If he's the version in goku and or zeno he could be hiding in them. And he could have made an infinite loop or this is his last chance to get an infinite loop going. They can easily do tricky things with a time traveling story.
My fan art:

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 pm

nice theories on this topic, but i think the odds of any of them being true are low.

But i would LOVE to see the return of Zamasu in a future arc, after EoZ.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Arugela wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Wasn't the version of zamasu that took over the entire universe before zeno destroyed it immortal. If he's the version in goku and or zeno he could be hiding in them. And he could have made an infinite loop or this is his last chance to get an infinite loop going. They can easily do tricky things with a time traveling story.
I forgot the other idea. If the thing they mentioned about aggression is what evil means to the spirit bomb and not some abstract idea then zamasu could be calmly hiding in people and not be a problem. Potentially.

I'm surprised nobody else has noted in general the thing about saying calm is important to the spirit bomb. It's like they were clarifying or rewriting the meaning of evil for us in regards to the spirit bomb.

If that is true maybe they will bring it up again in the future.
My fan art:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 am

Arugela wrote:What if we are still in the zamasu arc and this is really zamasu in goku's body training to gain how to use it properly. Obviously that would be an explenation of goku's actions. The next arc could then be a restart and new or greater hashed version of the last arc. Either with a twist or not. It could be an even more confusing time travel extravaganza!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPCLguoEHVM

What if the DBS storyline gets as involved as something like Steins Gate!!? :crazy: What if he is about to kill all of the gods of all of the universes and we find out we are still right smack back in the middle of the last arc?

What if jiren is there to help stop zamasu and the other gods know it. There were some odd threats from toppo towards goku. Like there was some reason he needed to kill him. We could still be in the middle of zenoh grand preist and others trying to kill goku/stop zamasu! Goku could actually be the villian of the arc. It would make a few things make sense.

Maybe that is where the wish comes in....
This would explain the green sky in this episode 112 leaked image. Just like the future
https://i.imgur.com/u6WgsdA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YDVkgSb.gifv
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 pm

It would be a very crazy thing to happen which is exactly why it won't. Weather it would be done right or not is anyone's guess but it's so out there that it can't possibly happen.

I do hope later down the line we'll get something super crazy that no one will see coming, including it not being announced or promoted.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.