How many more arcs do you think there'll be?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

How many more arcs do you think there'll be?

Post by sangofe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:11 pm

0, 1, 2, 3, or more? 133 episodes have been announced.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How many more arcs do you think there'll be?

Post by Smilodon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:41 pm

You guys have to remember that Goku will be a mascot in tokyo olimpic games

So, we can have episodes at least at 2020 :clap:
Maybe 3 more arcs after the tournament 8)
Vados Sama!

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm

I'd say there will continue to be more arcs until Nozawa says she can't do it anymore. When that'll be is anyone's guess since she's 81 and still screaming and kicking ass.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 pm

They better skip to EOZ after this arc

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:04 pm

Asura wrote:I'd say there will continue to be more arcs until Nozawa says she can't do it anymore. When that'll be is anyone's guess since she's 81 and still screaming and kicking ass.
Nozawa is the GOAT.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Smilodon wrote:You guys have to remember that Goku will be a mascot in tokyo olimpic games
That's a valid reason to keep the show on air.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Asura wrote:I'd say there will continue to be more arcs until Nozawa says she can't do it anymore. When that'll be is anyone's guess since she's 81 and still screaming and kicking ass.

Wow I actually didn't realize she was in her 80's. She still sounds fantastic too.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:33 pm

If she retires, somente could emulate her.... It's not that complicated
Vados Sama!

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm hoping that either there will be more arcs before EOZ, or if we do skip ahead of EOZ, that Goku/Vegeta will still be the leads. Don't have a ton of interest in the passing of the torch stuff.

At any rate, I do expect the 28th TB to be rewritten/reanimated. The core stuff (Goku meeting Uub) will be intact, but I'm hoping for it to be handled differently, and for different character designs for a lot of the cast.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Smilodon wrote:If she retires, somente could emulate her.... It's not that complicated
That's exactly what's going to happen cause there's no way an international franchise like DB will end with one person.

In terms of the question, I think we'll get a villain arc after this and eventually a tournament between U7 and the 4 remaining universes who aren't taking part here. I also think we'll get something with the time patrol and hell as those are popular in heroes right now. That's 4 arcs and we're on the 5th so that's 9 overall, we could get a 10th one as well.

DB is "Super" popular right now so there's no way we'll be done anytime soon. Super alone will go beyond 200 episodes and that's not counting what comes after it and movies.
Analytical Delusion wrote:Don't have a ton of interest in the passing of the torch stuff.
Neither does anyone involved with the franchise. DB is Goku and Vegeta, that will never change.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:I'm hoping that either there will be more arcs before EOZ, or if we do skip ahead of EOZ, that Goku/Vegeta will still be the leads. Don't have a ton of interest in the passing of the torch stuff.

At any rate, I do expect the 28th TB to be rewritten/reanimated. The core stuff (Goku meeting Uub) will be intact, but I'm hoping for it to be handled differently, and for different character designs for a lot of the cast.
Same, they tried to do this in the Buu arc and it didn't work at all imo, and Toriyama thankfully brought it back to Goku. I would lose interest completely if that happened.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Same, they tried to do this in the Buu arc and it didn't work at all imo, and Toriyama thankfully brought it back to Goku. I would lose interest completely if that happened.
The Buu arc was switching between the old and new characters so it wasn't a complete switch.

In terms of fully moving on to the next gen, we're seeing it in Naruto (boruto) with very mixed results to put it nicely, the 2nd arc being the exception due to it switching back to Naruto and Sasuke. If that's anything to go by then hopefully they stay as far away from that concept as possible.
Last edited by sintzu on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:45 pm

What I want: Super to end and a new show in its place that takes place after EoZ. Super is respectable now and I can't wait for episodes, but there's some issues I have with it that the show simply can't fix without being madly inconsistent with itself.

What we'll probably get: At least 2 more arcs of Super, one of which will be after EoZ

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Forte224 wrote:What I want: Super to end and a new show in its place that takes place after EoZ. Super is respectable now and I can't wait for episodes, but there's some issues I have with it that the show simply can't fix without being madly inconsistent with itself.
The reason DB was renamed Z after Piccolo was (among other reasons) to get a bigger budget due to it being a "new" show so it could happen here again. I think the most likely time will be when Toriyama's done.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 pm

sintzu wrote:
Forte224 wrote:What I want: Super to end and a new show in its place that takes place after EoZ. Super is respectable now and I can't wait for episodes, but there's some issues I have with it that the show simply can't fix without being madly inconsistent with itself.
The reason DB was renamed Z after Piccolo was (among other reasons) to get a bigger budget due to it being a "new" show so it could happen here again. I think the most likely time will be when Toriyama's done.
Do you think it'll be handed over to Toyotaro once Toriyama's done and it could continue that way? Seems possible. Wouldn't mind him doing the manga and then have an anime adaptation of that like the old days. His Super manga can get strange at times but the fight choreography is much better than the Super anime in my opinion

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:10 pm

I suppose I wouldn't mind Dragon Ball Super ending and then Toei rebranding the show with a new series with a different name beginning from Episode 1 that would continue from EoZ.

I wouldn't want to wait too long for it after Super ended though.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:13 pm

As long as Super keeps printing money, the show will keep going on.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:19 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Same, they tried to do this in the Buu arc and it didn't work at all imo, and Toriyama thankfully brought it back to Goku. I would lose interest completely if that happened.
The Buu arc was switching between the old and new characters so it wasn't a complete switch.

In terms of fully moving on to the next gen, we're seeing it in Naruto (boruto) with very mixed results to put it nicely, the 2nd arc being the exception due to it switching back to Naruto and Sasuke. If that's anything to go by then hopefully they stay as far away from that concept as possible.
That is what I mean. Toriyama wrote Goku and Vegeta out and left us the "next gen" for a bit it wasn't working out and he then brought them two back thankfully.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Bullza wrote:I suppose I wouldn't mind Dragon Ball Super ending and then Toei rebranding the show with a new series with a different name beginning from Episode 1 that would continue from EoZ.

I wouldn't want to wait too long for it after Super ended though.
And this is pretty much what I think will happen.
However I see this panning out a bit differently.
I predict a new show would be time travel based like Xenoverse, that way they could have any match up they want from any time period. Even movie characters if they want.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Smilodon wrote:If she retires, somente could emulate her.... It's not that complicated
Are you being serious saying this?