Opinions on Hit's performance in the Tournament of Power

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Who's happy about...

Post by Amir » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:24 am

supercat wrote:Hit finally losing?

I really couldn't be happier about it! Hit just seems far too overhyped with fans thinking he could actually be a top contender against characters like Goku, Frieza, and Jiren, and his overall presence and his design are just so dull. He's like a bad knockoff of Pikkon or something. Good riddance. Time to clear out the boredom and make room for the real fighters of this tournament.

Glad strength and power can overcome abilities at the end of the day. It would be awful if certain abilities can overcome any amount of power.

Oh and hope Jiren completely toys with him. Not sure why they're even fighting when Vegeta should have been the one to knock out Hit. Oh well, I should at least be grateful we won't be subjected to anymore of that overrated time-skipping garbage.
Looks like quite a Hit hater I see.
Fans thinking he can be a top contender against Goku because he is and has shown to be. His peresence and his design is awesome, every word and line he says is badass and overall the coolest original character in Super imo. He doesn't even resemble Pikkon other than the eyes, and is much better than him in every aspect. I have no idea what real fighters means for you, but just because Hit brings new things to the table other than screaming and powering up means he is not a real fighter, then I strongly disagree and would even call it ignorance. Strength and power has always been the only factor in DB/DBZ fights, judging by your comment I can tell you don't like that concept of hax and abilities other than brute force, can't say I agree. Abilities and techniques being able overcome power is the exact opposite from awful especially because this is something new with great execution.
It seems to you that only strong characters are awesome and their strength automatically makes them good and interesting characters.

You also seem to think Hit is weak without his time skip when infact he can go toe to toe with Blue Goku, and very few hits from him are strong enough to incapacitate Vegeta and Goku. Goku may be a little stronger than Hit without kaioken, but Hit is a smart fighter who can adapt and improve his own strength while fighting, and just like Goku can multiplie his strength with kaioken, Hit can improve his own time skip and other abilties that you call them cheap for some unknown reason. Abilities other than pure strength # cheap.

You're literally stating everything great about Hit and saying it's bad. It would have bothered me if it wasn't so funny.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:59 am

supercat wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:lol. I suppose it's healthy to vent.

I love Hit. I agree that he came off as a Pikkon knockoff, but his background as the universe's greatest assassin and his abilities make him very interesting for me. Also, I love his design. Next to Goku Black and Whis, he's my favorite original character in Super. Probably in my DB top 10 too. He's cool enough as it is, but he also has a buck load of potential.

Jiren is the infinitely boring one in literally every category.
Unlike Piccolo and Tien, I could actually see why people would find Hit cool. I just find him a bit overhyped, but it could also just be the Universe 6 tournament itself that wasn't that into. The only Universe 6 character I found interesting out of that whole tournament was Frost. Cabba was second to Frost, outside of his interaction with Vegeta (really loved their student / mentor bond). I really couldn't stand Botamo and Magetta. Hit was mediocre at that time. A bit dull for my taste, but not terrible as a character at that moment. I guess those two episodes that came later was what made it all seem so played out.

I guess for me, I'm just too intrigued by characters like Vegeta, Frieza, Android 17 to give much acknowledgement to anyone else. I do like the Pride Troopers, but I hope the remaining three end up fighting some of the top powerhouses of Universe 7.
JazzMazz wrote:The exact opposite of your opening sentence is correct.

Bad writing is a level of strength that could defeat any ability.

I don't exactly see whats so interesting about watching the same fight over and over again. Having opponents that characters couldn't defeat simply through sheer strength is far more interesting than watching the same thing over and over again.

A team of ten Tiens and Piccolo would be more interesting than a team of ten Jirens, Goku's or Vegeta's, because they would actually need to earn there victories through thinking and strategy, not simply going I've got the bigger number therefore I win.

By having techniques and actual strategy involved, they'll be adding an interesting element to each battle, where instead of all the fights being about how big your number is, its more about how smart you are as a fighter, and how you can overcome your opponents strengths through strategy.

I don't find any excitement in the speed or power because its exactly the same as it was in the original DragonBall, the explosions are the same, the speed is the same and the snap vanishes are the same. So what makes this latest rendition of the same fight more interesting if you don't have something like strategies or techniques backing it up? Nothing.
You get a stale, re-hash of a fight that has been a done a 1000 times before in the series with literally nothing unique or interesting about it.

You basically want the removal of creativity from all fights simply for the lie of non-existent progress.
It's not watching the same thing over and over again when it involves different characters each time. There are characters who are powerful, yet we never got to see them participate in a good battle. Supreme Kai was a perfect example of this back in the Buu saga. A being who could destroy Frieza wasn't given one proper fight that makes him appear as powerful as his words. Characters with cool designs, cool stories, etc, in the midst of a huge clash is amazing. Take Frieza as an example. How can anyone call his movements boring? His design goes so well with his acrobatic abilities and finesse.

A team of ten Tiens and Piccolos would probably have two outcomes, start off comical and end with boredom. Tien's funny poses, panicked facial expressions, and constant fails along with Piccolo's antenna beam. Yeah nothing interesting there. That strategy thing is only cool when the power levels are somewhat close, and the smarter fighter wins after a climatic battle had already taken place.

When the battle starts off with one fighter running and hiding, it becomes nothing but a joke. This is why I feel Roshi put on such a better show against Frost than Piccolo did. Roshi in his weakened state actually had the courage to fight a fresh Frost, and even managed to get him to back off looking somewhat panicked. Piccolo, as fresh as he was didn't even bother tangling with Frost. It was all about running away and charging up an attack that ended up failing either way. If I didn't know these characters, and someone asked me who I thought was stronger between Roshi and Piccolo, I would have said Roshi.
How does the content of what the fights about change when you add a different character? Nothing, in Z the characters were basically interchangeable pokemon, but instead of having different types they were all exactly the same.

How does running and hiding to come up with a proper strategy to defeat your enemy make the fight a joke? If anything, it creates opportunities to make the fight more interesting content wise and also adds a massive layer of tension because they're up against a vastly superior opponent.

Also, it doesn't matter how strong the characters look, at the end of the day, Piccolo was the fighter that had a better chance at beating Frost.

Techniques are and always should be prioritized in an action shonen. That way can't actually any sort of ceiling in terms of esclation and power-creep, since it doesn't exist. The idea that being a stupid brute should allow you to overcome any ability is stupid and doesn't even make sense in the context of any story. How is someone whose just absurdly powerful going to fight someone that makes violence impossible? How would they overpower someone that could put them to sleep and then attack them in a dream world? How would they overcome someone that recipricates all damage taken on themselves on the their opponent? The point is, strength should never be the pure focus of a fight, if a fight is about who has the bigger number, than you already know who is going to win from the get-go and there nothing interesting about it content wise.
avasatu wrote:It’s not as if Hit is developed, and they hinted at some serious Jiren development with his connection to Belmod and his desire for the Dragon Balls.
Though its true that Hit isn't character thats really recieved character development, he does have a fair bit of characterisation behind him, namely thanks to episode 71 and 72. Those episode had Hit discussing his modus operandi of assassination and gave some introspection into some of his basic beliefs by giving him a code.

KidGoku>3
Beyond Newbie

Post by KidGoku>3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:44 am

Isnt this spoilery ? The episode hasnt come out yet. Dont see a thread for ep 111.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:43 am

I find your reasoning amusing.Hating a character because he is overhyped by his fans and breaks the normal(also the repetitive,boring and lazy)mold by using techniques.His time skip could already be countered by strength and his shockwaves are just unknown.Also what jazz maz said:
JazzMazz wrote:
supercat wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:lol. I suppose it's healthy to vent.

I love Hit. I agree that he came off as a Pikkon knockoff, but his background as the universe's greatest assassin and his abilities make him very interesting for me. Also, I love his design. Next to Goku Black and Whis, he's my favorite original character in Super. Probably in my DB top 10 too. He's cool enough as it is, but he also has a buck load of potential.

Jiren is the infinitely boring one in literally every category.
Unlike Piccolo and Tien, I could actually see why people would find Hit cool. I just find him a bit overhyped, but it could also just be the Universe 6 tournament itself that wasn't that into. The only Universe 6 character I found interesting out of that whole tournament was Frost. Cabba was second to Frost, outside of his interaction with Vegeta (really loved their student / mentor bond). I really couldn't stand Botamo and Magetta. Hit was mediocre at that time. A bit dull for my taste, but not terrible as a character at that moment. I guess those two episodes that came later was what made it all seem so played out.

I guess for me, I'm just too intrigued by characters like Vegeta, Frieza, Android 17 to give much acknowledgement to anyone else. I do like the Pride Troopers, but I hope the remaining three end up fighting some of the top powerhouses of Universe 7.
JazzMazz wrote:The exact opposite of your opening sentence is correct.

Bad writing is a level of strength that could defeat any ability.

I don't exactly see whats so interesting about watching the same fight over and over again. Having opponents that characters couldn't defeat simply through sheer strength is far more interesting than watching the same thing over and over again.

A team of ten Tiens and Piccolo would be more interesting than a team of ten Jirens, Goku's or Vegeta's, because they would actually need to earn there victories through thinking and strategy, not simply going I've got the bigger number therefore I win.

By having techniques and actual strategy involved, they'll be adding an interesting element to each battle, where instead of all the fights being about how big your number is, its more about how smart you are as a fighter, and how you can overcome your opponents strengths through strategy.

I don't find any excitement in the speed or power because its exactly the same as it was in the original DragonBall, the explosions are the same, the speed is the same and the snap vanishes are the same. So what makes this latest rendition of the same fight more interesting if you don't have something like strategies or techniques backing it up? Nothing.
You get a stale, re-hash of a fight that has been a done a 1000 times before in the series with literally nothing unique or interesting about it.

You basically want the removal of creativity from all fights simply for the lie of non-existent progress.
It's not watching the same thing over and over again when it involves different characters each time. There are characters who are powerful, yet we never got to see them participate in a good battle. Supreme Kai was a perfect example of this back in the Buu saga. A being who could destroy Frieza wasn't given one proper fight that makes him appear as powerful as his words. Characters with cool designs, cool stories, etc, in the midst of a huge clash is amazing. Take Frieza as an example. How can anyone call his movements boring? His design goes so well with his acrobatic abilities and finesse.

A team of ten Tiens and Piccolos would probably have two outcomes, start off comical and end with boredom. Tien's funny poses, panicked facial expressions, and constant fails along with Piccolo's antenna beam. Yeah nothing interesting there. That strategy thing is only cool when the power levels are somewhat close, and the smarter fighter wins after a climatic battle had already taken place.

When the battle starts off with one fighter running and hiding, it becomes nothing but a joke. This is why I feel Roshi put on such a better show against Frost than Piccolo did. Roshi in his weakened state actually had the courage to fight a fresh Frost, and even managed to get him to back off looking somewhat panicked. Piccolo, as fresh as he was didn't even bother tangling with Frost. It was all about running away and charging up an attack that ended up failing either way. If I didn't know these characters, and someone asked me who I thought was stronger between Roshi and Piccolo, I would have said Roshi.
How does the content of what the fights about change when you add a different character? Nothing, in Z the characters were basically interchangeable pokemon, but instead of having different types they were all exactly the same.

How does running and hiding to come up with a proper strategy to defeat your enemy make the fight a joke? If anything, it creates opportunities to make the fight more interesting content wise and also adds a massive layer of tension because they're up against a vastly superior opponent.

Also, it doesn't matter how strong the characters look, at the end of the day, Piccolo was the fighter that had a better chance at beating Frost.

Techniques are and always should be prioritized in an action shonen. That way can't actually any sort of ceiling in terms of esclation and power-creep, since it doesn't exist. The idea that being a stupid brute should allow you to overcome any ability is stupid and doesn't even make sense in the context of any story. How is someone whose just absurdly powerful going to fight someone that makes violence impossible? How would they overpower someone that could put them to sleep and then attack them in a dream world? How would they overcome someone that recipricates all damage taken on themselves on the their opponent? The point is, strength should never be the pure focus of a fight, if a fight is about who has the bigger number, than you already know who is going to win from the get-go and there nothing interesting about it content wise.
avasatu wrote:It’s not as if Hit is developed, and they hinted at some serious Jiren development with his connection to Belmod and his desire for the Dragon Balls.
Though its true that Hit isn't character thats really recieved character development, he does have a fair bit of characterisation behind him, namely thanks to episode 71 and 72. Those episode had Hit discussing his modus operandi of assassination and gave some introspection into some of his basic beliefs by giving him a code.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:56 am

supercat wrote:Hit finally losing?

I really couldn't be happier about it! Hit just seems far too overhyped with fans thinking he could actually be a top contender against characters like Goku, Frieza, and Jiren, and his overall presence and his design are just so dull. He's like a bad knockoff of Pikkon or something. Good riddance. Time to clear out the boredom and make room for the real fighters of this tournament.

Glad strength and power can overcome abilities at the end of the day. It would be awful if certain abilities can overcome any amount of power.

Oh and hope Jiren completely toys with him. Not sure why they're even fighting when Vegeta should have been the one to knock out Hit. Oh well, I should at least be grateful we won't be subjected to anymore of that overrated time-skipping garbage.
Because Hit would destroy him again if they fought.Hit is like the 3rd or 4th strongest in the whole tournament while Vegeta is only the 3rd strongest on U7.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:09 am

I rather have Vegeta lose, he's become uninteresting for a while while Hit has gotten my attention throughout the series. Hit is one of the few characters in the ToP with an unique moveset that is still not fully explored, and he doesn't rely on the tired "strength beats all" cliché unlike most other characters.
FortuneSSJ wrote:The only thing I'm happy about is that Ribrianne, Caulifla and Kale are still in, because the amount of hate towards those three is ridiculous.
Out of all three, Caulifla is the only one I don't understand her hate asides from reaching two super saiyan forms without much trouble, but I think part of the hate is directed towards some of her sexually aroused fanbase. Ribrianne could have been good as I liked her at first, but they have done nothing with her after the Fireballs episode other than having her (and Helles) parrot "love".
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:25 am

JazzMazz wrote:How does the content of what the fights about change when you add a different character? Nothing, in Z the characters were basically interchangeable pokemon, but instead of having different types they were all exactly the same.

Running and hiding like a coward in a battle... How exactly is that not a joke? At the very least, it shows the character doing the running lacks anything even resembling pride while taking away all the hype. Before Piccolo fought Frost, I was really hoping they would have a regular battle where there is a good exchange back and forth. I never would have guessed it would involve Piccolo stooping down to Tien's level.

Techniques are great, and I agree they should be focused on. But something about the way Piccolo and Tien do it makes it seem so pathetic. To make matters worse, Piccolo started that so-called battle off by begging Frost to suppress himself. Then you have Tien, using silly poses and running around and getting all of his clones destroyed like they're made of paper, only to go down in a humiliating way at the end.

That being said, Hit did an awesome job against Jiren despite losing horribly. Probably the best of Hit so far in my opinion. The way he used his techniques were actually cool and how techniques should be used. Quite the opposite of Tien and Piccolo. And I'm pretty sure you know by now that I am in no way a Hit fan.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:59 am

He lost, but he came very close to defeating Jiren and did better than Goku. If the two had fought together against Jiren they would have won.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:46 am

supercat wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:How does the content of what the fights about change when you add a different character? Nothing, in Z the characters were basically interchangeable pokemon, but instead of having different types they were all exactly the same.

Running and hiding like a coward in a battle... How exactly is that not a joke? At the very least, it shows the character doing the running lacks anything even resembling pride while taking away all the hype. Before Piccolo fought Frost, I was really hoping they would have a regular battle where there is a good exchange back and forth. I never would have guessed it would involve Piccolo stooping down to Tien's level.

Techniques are great, and I agree they should be focused on. But something about the way Piccolo and Tien do it makes it seem so pathetic. To make matters worse, Piccolo started that so-called battle off by begging Frost to suppress himself. Then you have Tien, using silly poses and running around and getting all of his clones destroyed like they're made of paper, only to go down in a humiliating way at the end.

That being said, Hit did an awesome job against Jiren despite losing horribly. Probably the best of Hit so far in my opinion. The way he used his techniques were actually cool and how techniques should be used. Quite the opposite of Tien and Piccolo. And I'm pretty sure you know by now that I am in no way a Hit fan.
How does running away from your opponent while you think of or implement a strategy make the fight a joke? And no, I don't need to prove that claim since you are the one who made it.

Pride is usually a negative character trait, that often leads both real world and fictional characters to do stupid things that would lead to their downfall. Characters having a strategy from the get go and not wasting their time and energy against an opponent they already know they can't beat. At least allowing them to act tactically allows them the opportunity to defeat opponents they otherwise wouldn't be able to to. Thats the reason why people generally like Piccolo vs Frost in the anime more than its manga counter-part, because even though the manga has Piccolo fighting more directly, the result of the fight is already pre-determined.

Though I liked Hit's performance this episode and was fine with how he was inevitably going to be eliminated, I felt he should have drawn out the fight and just continued to stop Jiren in his tracks for as long as possible. Narratively speaking, it makes more sense for Hit to keep Jiren out of play for as long as possible to allow universe 6 to mop up without the constant threat of being instantly annihilated at play. It also wouldn't have been completely stupid, like the actual way Jiren ends up breaking out, as the reason would have been Hit being too tired to continue restraining him.

Also, poses are the best thing ever and if you disagree your wrong.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:39 am

The fight's in a weird place, it felt really pointless but it has to happen considering who Hit and Jiren are. I think my biggest problem is that the entire point of the battle is to once again show how strong Jiren is which is REALLY pointless at this stage. He's one-shotted a couple of strong people, no sold Goku's hyped new form, we know he's powerful.

I would have preferred Hit to actually do some damage to him that matters later on. But as it stands the battle is cool fluff but just fluff.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 am

ekrolo2 wrote:The fight's in a weird place, it felt really pointless but it has to happen considering who Hit and Jiren are. I think my biggest problem is that the entire point of the battle is to once again show how strong Jiren is which is REALLY pointless at this stage. He's one-shotted a couple of strong people, no sold Goku's hyped new form, we know he's powerful.

I would have preferred Hit to actually do some damage to him that matters later on. But as it stands the battle is cool fluff but just fluff.
I agree with you.

To me, this episode just seemed like a hasty reason to get Hit eliminated to show off Jiren's power(which is dumb, we literally had a "special" devoted to that). This is exemplified for me when they have Hit paralyse Jiren and have Vados claim "Hits prepared to go out just keeping Jiren frozen", yet at the first sign of trouble he just drops the idea of keeping him frozen and tries to eliminate him only to get defeated in one of the most convoluted ways I think I've ever seen, and I've seen Jojo's for Dio's sakes.

I don't see why they just couldn't have kept Hit keeping Jiren frozen. It would have been a good way to create tension(how long can Hit hold Jiren in place for, and will Goku have gotten back his fancy pants by that time?), it would also have been a natural way to keep Jiren from doing stuff, instead of using the really artificial route of just having him not care to compete, which kind of kills the massive hype of the special around him finally beginning to do stuff.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:36 am

JazzMazz wrote:I agree with you.

To me, this episode just seemed like a hasty reason to get Hit eliminated to show off Jiren's power(which is dumb, we literally had a "special" devoted to that). This is exemplified for me when they have Hit paralyse Jiren and have Vados claim "Hits prepared to go out just keeping Jiren frozen", yet at the first sign of trouble he just drops the idea of keeping him frozen and tries to eliminate him only to get defeated in one of the most convoluted ways I think I've ever seen, and I've seen Jojo's for Dio's sakes.

I don't see why they just couldn't have kept Hit keeping Jiren frozen. It would have been a good way to create tension(how long can Hit hold Jiren in place for, and will Goku have gotten back his fancy pants by that time?), it would also have been a natural way to keep Jiren from doing stuff, instead of using the really artificial route of just having him not care to compete, which kind of kills the massive hype of the special around him finally beginning to do stuff.
I don't get why Caulifla, Kale and Cabba didn't just try to destroy the stage section under Jiren, it's not like scrubbs haven't been able to smash the arena apart with relative ease. Did Hit REALLY think he'd be able to keep him until the end? Especially since he sends away the only people who can actually protect him from his team?

There's just a whole bunch of decisions in and pre this episode that don't really work for me. Maybe if the established Jiren and UI Goku are the only people who can break the arena it wouldn't look as stupid but no such luck. And before anyone tells me "Well if the arena stayed perfectly flat it would be really boring!" how about not making the design boring from the start instead of doing that then trying haphazardly to fix it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:38 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:I agree with you.

I don't get why Caulifla, Kale and Cabba didn't just try to destroy the stage section under Jiren, it's not like scrubbs haven't been able to smash the arena apart with relative ease. Did Hit REALLY think he'd be able to keep him until the end? Especially since he sends away the only people who can actually protect him from his team?

There's just a whole bunch of decisions in and pre this episode that don't really work for me. Maybe if the established Jiren and UI Goku are the only people who can break the arena it wouldn't look as stupid but no such luck. And before anyone tells me "Well if the arena stayed perfectly flat it would be really boring!" how about not making the design boring from the start instead of doing that then trying haphazardly to fix it.
Yeah, that was really dumb as well. They could probably just have fixed that plot hole by having one of them try to do it and fail because Jirens protecting the arena around him with his ki or something convoluted like that.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:15 am

If I had to reason why they didn't help Hit, and this is just hypothasising, it may be because of Hit's control or lack there of in the situastion.

Going by his words during their battle, Hit says that the hits he's taking are like the ones Goku did. So that suggests Jiren is back down to the level he was using befor Goku got his new power. And even at that heavely supressed level its taking everything Hit's got to try and keep Jiren locked down and Jiren is still slowly breaking free. Hit may have feaeds how Jiren would have reacted to their attampt to ring him out. If Jiren got serues, powered up in desperastion and broke free then all of them would be in danger of a ring out, and while losing Hit alone is a pretty sour blow, losing all four of them in one fell swoop would be a disaster. Hit may have though it better to risk himself in a high stakes gabbit rathern then put his whole team's chances of winning on the line. Even without him, if they still have more fighters at the end they can win.

Of course its all speculastion as there's no way to tell how things would have played out.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Hit losing to Jiren is just another log placed onto the mound of antiquated figures from the bygone era being exploited to make the present rival look relatively impressive. Unlike many of the others that preceded Hit, I can at least look towards him as a distinguishable fighter who possessed and made good use of original abilities. Plus, I noticed that some of Hit's trademark fighting abilities like his pressure point strikes weren't really used in this fight against Jiren. Thanks to the conditions of the tournament, Hit wasn't allowed to utilise the full scope of his assassin based techniques. If he were, I suspect that blow to the torso region which Hit got off would have likely been fatal to Jiren.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Hit already lost to Monaka :mrgreen:
lol win

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Lionel wrote:Hit losing to Jiren is just another log placed onto the mound of antiquated figures from the bygone era being exploited to make the present rival look relatively impressive. Unlike many of the others that preceded Hit, I can at least look towards him as a distinguishable fighter who possessed and made good use of original abilities. Plus, I noticed that some of Hit's trademark fighting abilities like his pressure point strikes weren't really used in this fight against Jiren. Thanks to the conditions of the tournament, Hit wasn't allowed to utilise the full scope of his assassin based techniques. If he were, I suspect that blow to the torso region which Hit got off would have likely been fatal to Jiren.
Hit wasnt holding back and would have happily killed Jiren.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"