Opinions on Hit's performance in the Tournament of Power

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Opinions on Hit's performance in the Tournament of Power

Post by supercat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Who's happy about... Hit finally losing?

I really couldn't be happier about it! Hit just seems far too overhyped with fans thinking he could actually be a top contender against characters like Goku, Frieza, and Jiren, and his overall presence and his design are just so dull. He's like a bad knockoff of Pikkon or something. Good riddance. Time to clear out the boredom and make room for the real fighters of this tournament.

Glad strength and power can overcome abilities at the end of the day. It would be awful if certain abilities can overcome any amount of power.

Oh and hope Jiren completely toys with him. Not sure why they're even fighting when Vegeta should have been the one to knock out Hit. Oh well, I should at least be grateful we won't be subjected to anymore of that overrated time-skipping garbage.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Who's happy about...

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:10 pm

I personally like it buuuuuuuut Jiren is my star fighter in this tournamant and my new faviort. So watching him beat Hit into purple paste will be a joy.

I always prefer it when my fighters bloody the noses of the strong rather then act as super exterminaters.

Edit: Plus Universe 11 owes Hit an asskicking for his humiliastion of Dyspo and his defeat of Kunshi.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Personally, I don't have a single problem with Jiren (most likely) defeating and eliminating Hitto as losing to the Big J isn't anything terrible. I personally thought he'd last longer but him getting taken out now just means heavy hitters can now start dropping.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I personally like it buuuuuuuut Jiren is my star fighter in this tournamant and my new faviort. So watching him beat Hit into purple paste will be a joy.

I always prefer it when my fighters bloody the noses of the strong rather then act as super exterminaters.

Edit: Plus Universe 11 owes Hit an asskicking for his humiliastion of Dyspo and his defeat of Kunshi.
Traitor! Do not try to crawl back to the Golden Church of Lord Freeza

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Kishido wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:I personally like it buuuuuuuut Jiren is my star fighter in this tournamant and my new faviort. So watching him beat Hit into purple paste will be a joy.

Traitor! Do not try to crawl back to the Golden Church of Lord Freeza

Sir if you look up the thread "Support Your Universe" youl will see a lot of evidence that I jumped the Frieza ship almost a years ago. Universe 11's number is the same as the month of my birth, November, so I signed on with them even befor any of the characters were reveled.

Hell I even happpend to predict that Belmod and the Pride Troopers would all be from U11 to, how much clearer of a sign did I need to join Team Universe 11!

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Jiren is awesome. He just turns everyone into a joke with sheer strength and power. Doesn't have to rely on cheap techniques that start to get boring after the first few times, and he isn't overrated nor overhyped unlike characters who long wore out their welcome. Characters like Hit, Buu, Tien, and a few others.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:36 pm

supercat wrote:Hit finally losing?

I really couldn't be happier about it! Hit just seems far too overhyped with fans thinking he could actually be a top contender against characters like Goku, Frieza, and Jiren, and his overall presence and his design are just so dull. He's like a bad knockoff of Pikkon or something.
Are you fucking serious? Comparing him to a filler character who he shares no physical resemblance with just because he's... taciturn? Pikkon used to be called a knockoff of Piccolo back in the day. Hit's design is actually pretty amazing, especially his costume, it looks real futuristic somehow.

As for Hit's prowess, you could say he kinda is the Itachi of Dragon Ball. Not all-powerful, but really competent, and for that reason always portrayed as succeeding at anything he does. Authors simply have problems with making badass characters like that look bad.

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Saturnine wrote:
supercat wrote:Hit finally losing?

I really couldn't be happier about it! Hit just seems far too overhyped with fans thinking he could actually be a top contender against characters like Goku, Frieza, and Jiren, and his overall presence and his design are just so dull. He's like a bad knockoff of Pikkon or something.
Are you fucking serious? Comparing him to a filler character who he shares no physical resemblance with just because he's... taciturn? Pikkon used to be called a knockoff of Piccolo back in the day. Hit's design is actually pretty amazing, especially his costume, it looks real futuristic somehow.

As for Hit's prowess, you could say he kinda is the Itachi of Dragon Ball. Not all-powerful, but really competent, and for that reason always portrayed as succeeding at anything he does. Authors simply have problems with making badass characters like that look bad.
I didn't know people still even bothered debating about what's filler and what isn't. Pikkon debuted in a far cooler fashion, he took down two previous powerhouses, without even trying. Three if you count King Cold. Pikkon's techniques were cool, were actually a result of his power, and weren't cheap shots designed to bypass a huge gap in strength.

Guess it comes down to different preferences. I prefer powerful characters who don't have to rely on cheap techniques to win.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm

The only reason I can think of, why I might end up being happy that Hit goes out, is if it is so that they can hype the U6 Namekians up, by making a scene with Champa first freaking out, then remembering that he still has Plan B, inmediately showing the Namekians taking those two U3 fighters, from the short frame in the special out, then ending the episode.

ultravegeta

Post by ultravegeta » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Hit traded blow for blow with ssb Kaioken x 10 goku. He Is a powerhouse

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:18 pm

I don't mind him losing to Jerin but I think he and Vegeta should've gotten that rematch that was teased earlier. Hopefully it happens in the manga. I also think Hit should've gotten more screen time before going.

A great character like hit gets little screen time and is kicked out early yet the annoying trio of the 2 Saiyan girls and ribbion get to stay and get more screen time ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Hit already lost to Monaka :mrgreen:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:24 pm

sintzu wrote:I don't mind him losing to Jerin but I think he and Vegeta should've gotten that rematch that was teased earlier. Hopefully it happens in the manga. I also think Hit should've gotten more screen time before going.
I agree. Vegeta should have humiliated Hit, but I don't think Hit should have gotten anymore screentime outside of that. He already had a lot during the last tournament, not to mention, there were two episodes wasted on him sometime after. We have so many other SSB-tier fighters with great potential (Frieza, Toppo, Android 17, Dyspo, among others) that could explored further. The new Namekians also seem rather interesting.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:29 pm

supercat wrote:We have so many other SSB-tier fighters with great potential (Frieza, Toppo, Android 17, Dyspo, among others) that could explored further. The new Namekians also seem rather interesting.
When someone like Hit can go out this easy, it makes me worry about Vegeta and Freeza as it could very well happen to them as well. So far Vegeta hasn't had a serious fight and I hope the one he gets won't be his last.

This tournament has been all over the place so I really hope the manga can find a way to organize it better. If the first chapter is anything to go by then I think Vegeta's role will be a lot bigger in it, maybe even going as far as to having him be the one to use UI instead of Goku as he said he'd find something better before Goku does.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 pm

sintzu wrote:
supercat wrote:We have so many other SSB-tier fighters with great potential (Frieza, Toppo, Android 17, Dyspo, among others) that could explored further. The new Namekians also seem rather interesting.
When someone like Hit can go out this easy, it makes me worry about Vegeta and Freeza as it could very well happen to them as well. So far Vegeta hasn't had a serious fight and I hope the one he gets won't be his last.

This tournament has been all over the place so I really hope the manga can find a way to organize it better. If the first chapter is anything to go by then I think Vegeta's role will be a lot bigger in it, maybe even going as far as to having him be the one to use UI instead of Goku as he said he'd find something better before Goku does.
Outside of Toppo, Frieza, Android 17, Gohan, Kale, Dyspo, who else is SSB-tier at this point? I'm not even sure who Vegeta would face off against to make his screentime worthwhile. I do think he'll get some solid screen time towards the end though. Both he and Frieza should have a good finale. I doubt they'll just be tossed aside. That sort of privilege would get passed back down to Piccolo if anything.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:38 pm

I'm happy only because jiren eleminated another member that is well known before this saga,he got 2 point so far his comrade need to catch up through
Mostly active on discord.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:19 pm

I'm happy that jiren got an elimination of an important character through it sucks that Hit didn't went to the top 10 because i really like his character.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:24 pm

sintzu wrote:When someone like Hit can go out this easy, it makes me worry about Vegeta and Freeza as it could very well happen to them as well. So far Vegeta hasn't had a serious fight and I hope the one he gets won't be his last.

It's not exciting but the best thing Frieza and Vegeta could do is what they're doing right now; hang back and avoid the heavy guns like Jiren. There's no extra benefit it taking on the super strong people if they aren't going after the rest of the team.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Saturnine wrote:Are you fucking serious?
This attitude isn't necessary. You can, and are expected to, hold a conversation in a more friendly manner. There are plenty of other ways to say what you were trying to say.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:03 pm

I am never happy when another character is knocked out. I mean I know it has to happen eventually but I feel bad.