TOEI needs to do a better job

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KidGoku>3
Beyond Newbie

TOEI needs to do a better job

Post by KidGoku>3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:01 am

With 2 things.

1) - Spoilers. They are giving away too much. I like when things are hidden from the audience until you watch it live. And these arent leaks Toei themselves spoil everything. Same with Gokus form. Wouldnt it have been amazing if we had no idea what it lookes like ? What to expect in that moment ? Would have created more hype for Toei. Even the NEP pretty much gives away a lot.

2) - YT videos. They are quick to block so many videos about their episodes. Rightfully so. But why doesn't Toei release these videos on their own channel ? Wouldnt that be a good source of income ? I know you dont want others showing and profiting from your stuff but who dont you do it yourself and gain from that ?

I really think they are hurting themselves with the way they are handling this.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Re: TOEI needs to do a better job

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:51 am

KidGoku>3 wrote:With 2 things.

1) - Spoilers. They are giving away too much. I like when things are hidden from the audience until you watch it live. And these arent leaks Toei themselves spoil everything. Same with Gokus form. Wouldnt it have been amazing if we had no idea what it lookes like ? What to expect in that moment ? Would have created more hype for Toei. Even the NEP pretty much gives away a lot.
Previews really don't spoil that much, especially when you realize that often times they highlight stuff thats just ends up having no consequence to literally anything. This also applies to NEP where they pretty much focus on a couple bits of action and throw in irrelevant nonsense to get people hyped.

From week to week we still pretty much don't know whats going to happen, at best we have a vague idea.

In regards to Goku's form, I would agree. The only reason that they revealed the Power-up as early as they did was so people wouldn't lose interest in the ToP. It would've been much better if they hadn't have shoved it in our faces saying "hey, make sure to watch this arc or you might miss out on Goku's new Power! Please! we really need the ratings!". It's whatever though, they got there ratings and I don't think most people care really. As long as Goku gets a new badass look, people won't care if it's spoiled.
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Spoilers are the worst thing they do. Can you imagine how everyone would react if we didn't know Trunks was coming back and instead saw it live alongside an evil Goku who we also didn't know about ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:15 pm

The more viewers they have, the more advertisers pay, and if no one knew Goku was going to transform there wouldn't have been as many viewers. And they already stream Super for free on multiple sites, I don't understand why people still insist on watching through YouTube

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:36 pm

KidGoku>3 wrote:With 2 things.

2) - YT videos. They are quick to block so many videos about their episodes. Rightfully so. But why doesn't Toei release these videos on their own channel ? Wouldnt that be a good source of income ? I know you dont want others showing and profiting from your stuff but who dont you do it yourself and gain from that ?

I really think they are hurting themselves with the way they are handling this.
1. You could just ignore anything SUPER related until the episode airs. You could also not watch the NEPs.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:17 pm

If you don't want to be spoiled, then don't look at the spoilers on YouTube videos, Twitter, or any other way to get spoiled. They give the summaries to magazines so they episodes can be promoted and more people will know more of the episode. If you don't wanna see the spoilers, don't look at'em. Toei is not the only company that does this.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:01 pm

I’d say the spoiler issue is both Toei’s and many YouTubers’ faults. Many of them don’t bother to leave spoilers out of the title, and when they do, they neglect to cleanse their thumbnails. It’s also our faults for watching these people talking about things we already all know for ourselves, just for the sake of hype.

Then again, if Toei wouldn’t release so much information so far in advance, we wouldn’t have this ridiculous issue at all.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Meshack wrote:If you don't want to be spoiled, then don't look at the spoilers on YouTube videos, Twitter, or any other way to get spoiled. They give the summaries to magazines so they episodes can be promoted and more people will know more of the episode. If you don't wanna see the spoilers, don't look at'em. Toei is not the only company that does this.
I agree. Avoiding "spoilers" is not hard at all if you just casually watch the show week to week you'll avoid so much. But even then Twitter especially makes life easier with the option to turn images off on your TL so the only way to see the image is if you physically clicked on it therefore no accident spoilers being seen.

But the summaries especially this arc has been either misleading, vague or straight up false, for example #100 summary made a massive point about Caulifla, Kale and Goku and SSGSS but in reality of the actual episode it was just nothing more than minor 30 second of passing dialogue yet we had people foolishly going mad over it for weeks.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I agree. Avoiding "spoilers" is not hard at all if you just casually watch the show week to week you'll avoid so much. But even then Twitter especially makes life easier with the option to turn images off on your TL so the only way to see the image is if you physically clicked on it therefore no accident spoilers being seen.

But the summaries especially this arc has been either misleading, vague or straight up false, for example #100 summary made a massive point about Caulifla, Kale and Goku and SSGSS but in reality of the actual episode it was just nothing more than minor 30 second of passing dialogue yet we had people foolishly going mad over it for weeks.
I've been thinking about making a thread to catalog the inaccuracies in those summaries compared to the actual episodes. Would probably just be for 97-up.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:52 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I agree. Avoiding "spoilers" is not hard at all if you just casually watch the show week to week you'll avoid so much. But even then Twitter especially makes life easier with the option to turn images off on your TL so the only way to see the image is if you physically clicked on it therefore no accident spoilers being seen.

I've been thinking about making a thread to catalog the inaccuracies in those summaries compared to the actual episodes. Would probably just be for 97-up.
Not surprising I mean it would take some time and effort going all the way back to #1 :lol:.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Avoiding "spoilers" is not hard at all if you just casually watch the show week to week you'll avoid so much.
That's the thing though, the less casual and more hardcore you are about watching it, the more you care about spoilers and the greater chance you have of running into said spoilers. You get punished for liking the show more

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Forte224 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Avoiding "spoilers" is not hard at all if you just casually watch the show week to week you'll avoid so much.
That's the thing though, the less casual and more hardcore you are about watching it, the more you care about spoilers and the greater chance you have of running into said spoilers. You get punished for liking the show more
To me it is still simple, if you are hard core discussing the show then spoilers would be inevitable to avoid if you want to avoid spoilers then being casual and discuss it less every week, enjoy the show how it was meant to be see. 20 mins every week with little to no discussion about it, how often to people discuss other shows they watch? Not much, I bet most people close their stream/TV and move on their lives not even thinking about discussing things.

In other words this is price for deeply discussing an on going weekly tv show and it is not really like you're punished for liking the show more, there are tonnes of shows I like more than DBS and have managed to stay clear of spoilers like I just finished MHA S2 and haven't discussed a single MHA episode online ever. I have slowly started to cut down on my time here only coming online in spurts, and with the next arc I am gonna take the complete plunge and be casual and avoid this sub forum all together except for threads like the FUNi dub thread, the merch thread or maybe even the animation thread.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:06 pm

A show like Super needs to advertise as much as it can to entice viewers in Japan. That's why the manga in V-Jump even came into existence: to promote the anime and entice enough children to watch the main product. That's why they revealed Goku Black more than a month before he would debut or Goku's Ultra Instinct form several month before it would appear. You have to given the audience something substantial to latch onto so that they have the conviction to continue to follow the show. How they promote material in Japan works under the mentality, "Give them a big reveal and they will be interested in eventually seeing it." And 9/10 it works very well. Especially for shonen anime.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Meshack wrote:If you don't want to be spoiled, then don't look at the spoilers on YouTube videos, Twitter, or any other way to get spoiled. They give the summaries to magazines so they episodes can be promoted and more people will know more of the episode. If you don't wanna see the spoilers, don't look at'em. Toei is not the only company that does this.
I agree. Avoiding "spoilers" is not hard at all if you just casually watch the show week to week you'll avoid so much. But even then Twitter especially makes life easier with the option to turn images off on your TL so the only way to see the image is if you physically clicked on it therefore no accident spoilers being seen.

It's harder than you think if you watch YouTube stuff. Many times I got spoiled from there. I don't follow any youtubers, but I watch dragon ball related clips which put a bunch of unwanted recommended videos that have spoiler like titles.

Technically that might be something I can fix in my settings, but I shouldn't have to do that.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:05 pm

TheOne wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

It's harder than you think if you watch YouTube stuff. Many times I got spoiled from there. I don't follow any youtubers, but I watch dragon ball related clips which put a bunch of unwanted recommended videos that have spoiler like titles.

Technically that might be something I can fix in my settings, but I shouldn't have to do that.
If you don’t wanna be spoiled on a week-to-week basis, you do have to adjust your settings. Avoid YouTube/Twotter/Facebook if you don’t wanna be spoiled

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:34 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

I did that for myself the other day:

[spoiler]Weekly Shonen Jump

97: http://i.imgur.com/BoLU111.png — Misleading. This indicated that Freeza would be a particular problem, but he wasn’t any more or less of one than everyone else who ran off. In fact, he was the last to leave. It also gives an impression that Gohan trying to be a leader would be more of a thing that it was.

98: http://i.imgur.com/CGdqEkc.png — Misleading. The scene about a concentrated attack from multiple universes might be referring to the scene from the last episode, which was quite nothing. It speaks of 8 fighters surrounding Goku, but it was only 5, and then quickly just 3. Soon after than it ceased to be just Goku as Vegeta joined in.

99: http://i.imgur.com/TttD6xb.jpg — Mostly true. The stuff about Beerus and Champa didn’t happen, and Goku wasn’t challenging anyone this episode.

100: http://i.imgur.com/07f9769.png — True.

101: http://i.imgur.com/mIwG5qA.png — They fought separate battles against the Pride Troopers simultaneously. Bit of a stretch to call this teamwork. Goku played a part in the battle, but it was very minor; 18 played a larger role, and she's not mentioned at all. And it was Toppo/Kahseral who directed the Pride Troopers, not Jiren.

102: http://i.imgur.com/QTtsdfW.png — I don’t know whether to chalk the merging up as the grammar/syntax being ambiguous, or the spoiler being wrong. And to label what Goku said as “berating” is quite the exaggeration.

103: http://i.imgur.com/Cqww4PK.png — U2 didn’t interact with U10, and some people thought the “true colors” line was supposed to be more menacing than it was.

104: http://i.imgur.com/Cqww4PK.png — True.

105: http://i.imgur.com/gZuPscM.png — True.

106: http://i.imgur.com/2WjKNXv.png — True.

107: https://i.imgur.com/5pB5lAE.png — Even for not being the main feature of the preview, mentioning Goku and Ribrianne overstates how much they featured in this episode. There’s not any particular tension among U7, either.

108: https://i.imgur.com/dpVMUew.png — The bit about Gohan and Freeza is true enough. Freeza did, in fact, help him twice, but true enough. Helles never praised Goku(in this episode).

Animedia

99: At the "Tournament of Power" where the destruction of each universe is on the line, Universe 7 led by Son Goku wins against every member of Universe 9, which is therefore annihilated. People are left speechless, but before long the battle resumes. In the midst of the battle, Kuririn seems distracted by thoughts of No. 18 while he fights Universe 10's Jium…

“U7 led by Son Goku” makes it sound like more of a team effort than it was, Kuririn wasn’t distracted during his fight with Jium(which was hardly a fight worth mentioning), or distracted by thoughts of her at any point after.

100: Universe 7's manpower is reduced by one as Kuririn is unexpectedly disqualified. Meanwhile, Universe 6's Caulifla and Kale ask Goku to teach them how to become Super Saiyan Blue. Seeing Caulifla engrossed in the training to transform into Super Saiyan, Kale takes a dislike to Goku and…

I won’t touch on the Shikkaku Debacle™. Only Caulifla was asking to be taught SSB, and its relevancy mattered for maybe 10 seconds of the episode; nor was Caulifla training when Kale got upset.

103: Universe 7's Android No. 17 has defeated Universe 2's Kakunsa. Universe 2's Ribrianne furiously comes at 17 to attack him. But then Universe 10's yoga warrior Jilkol challenges Ribrianne to battle. Meanwhile, Universe 7's Son Goku battles Universe 2's Jimiz.

Half of this is wrong.

104: Thanks to the efforts of Universe 7's Son Gohan, Universe 10's warriors are wiped out. Universe 10 is annihilated. At that time in the arena, a battle begins between two of the mightiest warriors, Universe 6's Hit and Universe 11's Dyspo. Dyspo claims he can counter Hit's "Time-Skip", but...?

It’s misleading as to how much Gohan contributed to U10’s demise, but otherwise true.

105: Up until now, Universe 7's Muten Roshi (the Turtle Hermit) has observed the other warriors fighting. Though he went through special self-control training to seal away his worldly desires, can he win against the temptations of Universe 4's sexy Caway?

True.

107: The Kaioshin Fuwa orders Frost to defeat a Universe 7 warrior. Frost readily agrees to this order, on the conditions that if Universe 6 wins then his crimes will be forgiven and he will receive financial aid for starting up his business again. Frost immediately goes after the Turtle Hermit.

It was less of an order than a prearranged deal prompted by Frost himself, and with Champa, not Fuwa. A rearranging of the facts.

108: Freeza searches for his next opponent. Meanwhile, Gohan is having a tough fight against Jimeze. Seeing Freeza watch and smirk as Gohan gets knocked around, the Universe 7 team have the uneasy feeling that he has betrayed them.

True.

109: While Gohan has a tough fight, Son Goku and Ribrianne's battle continues. Ribrianne wants to win the "Tournament of Power" so that she can become a goddess beloved by humanity throughout all the universe, and she attacks Goku at full power. Meanwhile Universe 11's Jiren (who has been conserving his power up until now) finally goes into action, and appears before Goku. With his unthinkably colossal ki, Jiren overwhelms Goku and the other warriors.

Some people thought this would be a different “tough fight” for Gohan than the one in 108. I didn’t, so I’m marking this as true.

Animage

100: Universe 6's Kale suddenly transforms and mows down one contestant after another, ignoring even her friend Caulifla's voice as she rampages around. But Universe 11's Jiren defeats Kale without a word. Seeing Jiren's great strength, Son Goku cannot suppress his desire to fight him.

Kale mowing down contestants is a massive exaggeration.

103: Having regained his previous form, Gohan repeatedly strikes Botamo's stomach, then sends him flying out of bounds with a Kamehameha. Gohan glares at his next opponent, Obni. They charge at each other and thrust out their fists, but Gohan's fist is a moment faster, and sinks into Obni. As Obni is sent flying, from his head falls a locket pendant…

True enough.

104: Universe 11's Dyspo battles Universe 6's Hit. Dyspo blocks Hit's movements with bullets of light, and one-sidedly pummels him. Seeing this, Goku becomes Super Saiyan God and stands before Dyspo, saying his body is throbbing.

The "bullets of light" thing never happened, but true enough otherwise. Some people thought Goku’s “throbbing” body would mean something other than what it was.

107: Over half the contestants have dropped out at the "Tournament of Power", and two universes have vanished. As the battle for survival continues, Frost seeks his chance for revenge against Vegeta. Using the Mafuba which the Turtle Hermit fires at Magetta, Frost seems to successfully seal Vegeta away, but…

Very true.

108: As Gohan has a tough fight against the Yardratian Jimeze, Freeza comes running up. Just as it looks like he's defeated Jimeze, Freeza suddenly declares he's turned traitor: "Due to our shared hatred of the Saiyans, Frost and I have joined forces." Gohan suddenly finds himself in a tight spot?!

I always read the “looks like he’s defeated Jimeze” as meaning Gohan. That could just be my mistake, and reading it now, probably is. Either way, it was beyond just “looks”, Jimeze was totally defeated before Freeza’s stunt. Still, nitpicking aside, true.[/spoiler]

I wanted to go back to 77 at least, then calculate the overall accuracy, and which publication was the best. But then I didn't.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Simere wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

I did that for myself the other day:

[spoiler]Weekly Shonen Jump

97: http://i.imgur.com/BoLU111.png — Misleading. This indicated that Freeza would be a particular problem, but he wasn’t any more or less of one than everyone else who ran off. In fact, he was the last to leave. It also gives an impression that Gohan trying to be a leader would be more of a thing that it was.

98: http://i.imgur.com/CGdqEkc.png — Misleading. The scene about a concentrated attack from multiple universes might be referring to the scene from the last episode, which was quite nothing. It speaks of 8 fighters surrounding Goku, but it was only 5, and then quickly just 3. Soon after than it ceased to be just Goku as Vegeta joined in.

99: http://i.imgur.com/TttD6xb.jpg — Mostly true. The stuff about Beerus and Champa didn’t happen, and Goku wasn’t challenging anyone this episode.

100: http://i.imgur.com/07f9769.png — True.

101: http://i.imgur.com/mIwG5qA.png — They fought separate battles against the Pride Troopers simultaneously. Bit of a stretch to call this teamwork. Goku played a part in the battle, but it was very minor; 18 played a larger role, and she's not mentioned at all. And it was Toppo/Kahseral who directed the Pride Troopers, not Jiren.

102: http://i.imgur.com/QTtsdfW.png — I don’t know whether to chalk the merging up as the grammar/syntax being ambiguous, or the spoiler being wrong. And to label what Goku said as “berating” is quite the exaggeration.

103: http://i.imgur.com/Cqww4PK.png — U2 didn’t interact with U10, and some people thought the “true colors” line was supposed to be more menacing than it was.

104: http://i.imgur.com/Cqww4PK.png — True.

105: http://i.imgur.com/gZuPscM.png — True.

106: http://i.imgur.com/2WjKNXv.png — True.

107: https://i.imgur.com/5pB5lAE.png — Even for not being the main feature of the preview, mentioning Goku and Ribrianne overstates how much they featured in this episode. There’s not any particular tension among U7, either.

108: https://i.imgur.com/dpVMUew.png — The bit about Gohan and Freeza is true enough. Freeza did, in fact, help him twice, but true enough. Helles never praised Goku(in this episode).

Animedia

99: At the "Tournament of Power" where the destruction of each universe is on the line, Universe 7 led by Son Goku wins against every member of Universe 9, which is therefore annihilated. People are left speechless, but before long the battle resumes. In the midst of the battle, Kuririn seems distracted by thoughts of No. 18 while he fights Universe 10's Jium…

“U7 led by Son Goku” makes it sound like more of a team effort than it was, Kuririn wasn’t distracted during his fight with Jium(which was hardly a fight worth mentioning), or distracted by thoughts of her at any point after.

100: Universe 7's manpower is reduced by one as Kuririn is unexpectedly disqualified. Meanwhile, Universe 6's Caulifla and Kale ask Goku to teach them how to become Super Saiyan Blue. Seeing Caulifla engrossed in the training to transform into Super Saiyan, Kale takes a dislike to Goku and…

I won’t touch on the Shikkaku Debacle™. Only Caulifla was asking to be taught SSB, and its relevancy mattered for maybe 10 seconds of the episode; nor was Caulifla training when Kale got upset.

103: Universe 7's Android No. 17 has defeated Universe 2's Kakunsa. Universe 2's Ribrianne furiously comes at 17 to attack him. But then Universe 10's yoga warrior Jilkol challenges Ribrianne to battle. Meanwhile, Universe 7's Son Goku battles Universe 2's Jimiz.

Half of this is wrong.

104: Thanks to the efforts of Universe 7's Son Gohan, Universe 10's warriors are wiped out. Universe 10 is annihilated. At that time in the arena, a battle begins between two of the mightiest warriors, Universe 6's Hit and Universe 11's Dyspo. Dyspo claims he can counter Hit's "Time-Skip", but...?

It’s misleading as to how much Gohan contributed to U10’s demise, but otherwise true.

105: Up until now, Universe 7's Muten Roshi (the Turtle Hermit) has observed the other warriors fighting. Though he went through special self-control training to seal away his worldly desires, can he win against the temptations of Universe 4's sexy Caway?

True.

107: The Kaioshin Fuwa orders Frost to defeat a Universe 7 warrior. Frost readily agrees to this order, on the conditions that if Universe 6 wins then his crimes will be forgiven and he will receive financial aid for starting up his business again. Frost immediately goes after the Turtle Hermit.

It was less of an order than a prearranged deal prompted by Frost himself, and with Champa, not Fuwa. A rearranging of the facts.

108: Freeza searches for his next opponent. Meanwhile, Gohan is having a tough fight against Jimeze. Seeing Freeza watch and smirk as Gohan gets knocked around, the Universe 7 team have the uneasy feeling that he has betrayed them.

True.

109: While Gohan has a tough fight, Son Goku and Ribrianne's battle continues. Ribrianne wants to win the "Tournament of Power" so that she can become a goddess beloved by humanity throughout all the universe, and she attacks Goku at full power. Meanwhile Universe 11's Jiren (who has been conserving his power up until now) finally goes into action, and appears before Goku. With his unthinkably colossal ki, Jiren overwhelms Goku and the other warriors.

Some people thought this would be a different “tough fight” for Gohan than the one in 108. I didn’t, so I’m marking this as true.

Animage

100: Universe 6's Kale suddenly transforms and mows down one contestant after another, ignoring even her friend Caulifla's voice as she rampages around. But Universe 11's Jiren defeats Kale without a word. Seeing Jiren's great strength, Son Goku cannot suppress his desire to fight him.

Kale mowing down contestants is a massive exaggeration.

103: Having regained his previous form, Gohan repeatedly strikes Botamo's stomach, then sends him flying out of bounds with a Kamehameha. Gohan glares at his next opponent, Obni. They charge at each other and thrust out their fists, but Gohan's fist is a moment faster, and sinks into Obni. As Obni is sent flying, from his head falls a locket pendant…

True enough.

104: Universe 11's Dyspo battles Universe 6's Hit. Dyspo blocks Hit's movements with bullets of light, and one-sidedly pummels him. Seeing this, Goku becomes Super Saiyan God and stands before Dyspo, saying his body is throbbing.

The "bullets of light" thing never happened, but true enough otherwise. Some people thought Goku’s “throbbing” body would mean something other than what it was.

107: Over half the contestants have dropped out at the "Tournament of Power", and two universes have vanished. As the battle for survival continues, Frost seeks his chance for revenge against Vegeta. Using the Mafuba which the Turtle Hermit fires at Magetta, Frost seems to successfully seal Vegeta away, but…

Very true.

108: As Gohan has a tough fight against the Yardratian Jimeze, Freeza comes running up. Just as it looks like he's defeated Jimeze, Freeza suddenly declares he's turned traitor: "Due to our shared hatred of the Saiyans, Frost and I have joined forces." Gohan suddenly finds himself in a tight spot?!

I always read the “looks like he’s defeated Jimeze” as meaning Gohan. That could just be my mistake, and reading it now, probably is. Either way, it was beyond just “looks”, Jimeze was totally defeated before Freeza’s stunt. Still, nitpicking aside, true.[/spoiler]

I wanted to go back to 77 at least, then calculate the overall accuracy, and which publication was the best. But then I didn't.
Didn't the WSJ preview for #111 say the secrets of Goku's new form will be revealed? Yeah that didn't happen in the slightest... Another one to add.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:49 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Didn't the WSJ preview for #111 say the secrets of Goku's new form will be revealed? Yeah that didn't happen in the slightest... Another one to add.
It said:
Universe 6's linchpin Hit vs the strongest warrior, Jiren!
After finally going into action, the mightiest man Jiren has seriously wounded Goku! The next one to face off against Jiren is the strongest assassin, the Universe 6 warrior Hit!
Goku This Week: will he be able to perfect "Mastery of Self-Movement"?!
Goku has been injured head-to-toe by Jiren's attack! However, immediately before going down, he starts to awaken to a new power called "Mastery of Self-Movement"! What could this be?!
Which I say is true. Arguably one might've been misled into thinking Goku would have had more scenes thinking about Ultra Instinct since it was mentioned here, but what we got fits the bill and was to be expected, I think.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Simere wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Didn't the WSJ preview for #111 say the secrets of Goku's new form will be revealed? Yeah that didn't happen in the slightest... Another one to add.
It said:
Universe 6's linchpin Hit vs the strongest warrior, Jiren!
After finally going into action, the mightiest man Jiren has seriously wounded Goku! The next one to face off against Jiren is the strongest assassin, the Universe 6 warrior Hit!
Goku This Week: will he be able to perfect "Mastery of Self-Movement"?!
Goku has been injured head-to-toe by Jiren's attack! However, immediately before going down, he starts to awaken to a new power called "Mastery of Self-Movement"! What could this be?!
Which I say is true. Arguably one might've been misled into thinking Goku would have had more scenes thinking about Ultra Instinct since it was mentioned here, but what we got fits the bill and was to be expected, I think.
True enough but that's problem they're making big deal out of things barely even touched upon in the episodes. Guess Toei just sending these barebones information.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Simere wrote:Which I say is true. Arguably one might've been misled into thinking Goku would have had more scenes thinking about Ultra Instinct since it was mentioned here, but what we got fits the bill and was to be expected, I think.
True enough but that's problem they're making big deal out of things barely even touched upon in the episodes. Guess Toei just sending these barebones information.
One of the worst examples of previews was when Ribrianne and the others were introduced. For a few episodes before they hyped up Ribrianne hard for like 3-4 episodes, and then she got what a 2-3 minute fight? All of her allies got eliminated way too easily so were basically fodder and ever since then Ribrianne has been just an annoyance mostly. Of course this wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't make her so weak in the first place, but it happened. This only annoys me because I actually liked the character at first, but knowing how weak they made her there's no reason to care now, but the hype and meaningless previews made it even worse in hindsight.

One of the funnier examples of the bad previews during the Recruitment Arc is when they hyped up some fights or people training in the previews, and then basically the preview was pretty much showing the entirety of the 'fight' or 'training' during the episode and the rest of the episode not shown was just pointless filler about Pilaf or other nonsense. I assume it's to make the episode look better when it's actually not one of their better episodes, but it makes it look worse when you're expecting more based on the preview.