Could Whis and Beerus choose Freeza as the next God of Destruction?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Could Whis and Beerus choose Freeza as the next God of Destruction?

Post by Xeztin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Basically as the title says, let's say Freeza has intrests in being the next God of Destruction. He'd probably be better at it then Beerus if Whis could keep him in check. Whis has shown interest in finding a successor for Beerus. Freeza is the only guy in the 7th Universe that would even consider the job as Goku and Vegeta could care less about it. This would be a way to keep Freeza alive and intact instead of reviving him over and over. Besides, he's starting show a bit of anti-hero within him even if he calls it saving his own hide. The fact he tried to hide him helping goes to show that. What do you guys think? I doubt Freeza will ever replace Beerus, but Beerus and Whis could keep him in check like Belmond does Toppo correct?

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: Could Whis and Beerus choose Freeza as the next God of Destruction?

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 am

Could they? Yes. But would they? Most likely not, they didn't even want him on the U7 team. Freeza can't be trusted and would be constantly looking for a way to overthrow Zeno

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:14 am

I do seem to remember that Whis wanted Vegeta as the next god of destruction.

Freeza would be a bad choice though, he would destroy everything when getting the chance leaving nothing left.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:09 am

I don't know if they'll do that but I thunk they'll find a way to keep him around.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:14 am

SsjCookie wrote:I do seem to remember that Whis wanted Vegeta as the next god of destruction.

Freeza would be a bad choice though, he would destroy everything when getting the chance leaving nothing left.

From the Fact Checker thread:
Episode 16
Minute: 16
Context: Vegeta begs to be Whis' disciple.
Vegeta: "I ask of you, please train me!"
Whis: "Alright then. But only if you become a God of Destruction."
Significance: In case Whis' expression, tone, and Vegeta's reaction didn't make it clear, this was probably not a serious offer.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Why do people think Freeza would just destroy everything?

That's not in his character. Freeza just wants to be the top dog at any cost. When he was the too dog he still employed warriors and conquered planets. It's not like Freeza was the only guy in charge his father also has a play in the empire.

People act like Freeza is a mindless idiot that just wants to destroy. That's Majin Buu, not Freeza.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Freeza is an enterprise driven megalomaniac who happens to be devoid of a conscience. Like others mentioned, he harbours no allegiances to anyone except himself. You might have been able to make an argument for him permitting his father to hold a respectably comparable position of power which the tyrant was content to allow since Cold was his father, but otherwise Freeza wishes to be under or equal to no one. To assume the role of Hakaishin would mean subjecting himself to the authority of Zeno and accepting the guidance of angels; this would be completely unacceptable to Freeza. Unless he's at the top of the food chain, it's not good enough for him.

Likewise, I can't see Beerus or Whis trusting Freeza enough to bequeath him with such power and responsibility. Freeza is too unpredictable for such a position. You're liable to end up making the next Zamasu in the sense of a renegade deity wishing to subjugate all those around them.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:04 pm

This could very well be the reason that beerus knew freeza. Maybe he was the most powerful and he was grooming him to eventually start turning him into the next GoD. Maybe we'll hear more of this later. Especially if it gets revealed to the sayians freeza specifically blew it up on beeruses orders. Freeza would use that to no end if and where possible. Even if it didn't personally bother him killing the sayians. Of course we have to ask if freeza and family weren't hired by beerus also to take him place and do things for him while he napped. Maybe they weren't ruthless assholes originally. But then again they probably were. Frost was. Unless frost had the same thing done by Champa. Either way we still don't have the follow up to the revelation that beerus had to do with the sayians being attacked fully.

I have a feeling some of this will be revealed to help get goku to bring back freeza. Maybe freeza will reveal this and say on some level he didn't have a choice to help convince goku to keep his promise.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001