How will Vegeta react?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

How will Vegeta react?

Post by Kishido » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:12 pm

After Freeza fucks up Cabba?

Will he really attack Freeza, one of his tournament allies, which he actually needs?

Hope not

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How will Vegeta react?

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Kishido wrote:After Freeza fucks up Cabba?

Will he really attack Freeza, one of his tournament allies, which he actually needs?

Hope not
Vegeta doesn't like Freeza so I could see that happening.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Well Freeza should attack Cabba because he's on U6. Just because Goku is buddy-buddy with U6 characters doesn't mean the others are. Same reason Gohan took out Botamo.

Freeza should attack the opposite team. Vegeta might either let him do it or see if Cabba can fend for himself.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Kishido wrote:After Freeza fucks up Cabba?

Hope not
Doubt it, Cabba is still a threat that needs eliminating Vegeta deep down knows this, I'd actually think Vegeta will allow Freeza to fight Cabba as more of a lesson for Cabba and if he gets ringed out so be it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:31 pm

I think he will. Since this arc is playing Namek Flashback Bingo, I think there's a really good chance he'll remember what Frieza did to him on Namek. Frieza's shown he doesn't give a shit about eliminating his teammates when it suits his whims so why should Vegeta care about him?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Although I assume this is what Vegeta's Resolve/Resolution is about but I guess we don't know. But I can't really think what else it will be. Although Toshio did post that image of the Vegeta, Cabba, and Freeza figurines.

Would Vegeta side with Freeza his teammate or Cabba a Saiyan?

Yes I get that logically Vegeta should side with Freeza they are on the same team and the point is to knock other players out. But we don't know how Freeza will decide to knock Cabba out. He only cant kill Cabba. That doesn't mean he can't seriously hurt or torture him. Both of which Freeza is capable of.

And Vegeta does care about Cabba. Would he let Freeza of all characters hurt a Saiyan he has high regards for?

I don't think it is as clear cut as people are making out and I can certainly see why this wouldn't be an easy decision for Vegeta. Of course it doesn't benefit him or his team at all by helping Cabba but that doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do.

Of course this may not be what happens in the episode at all and I am over thinking things.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Why would Vegeta do that as he might even say to Cabba that if you can't beat Frieza then you are worthless. Vegeta might try to motivate Cabba by saying to him that Frieza killed the majority of Saiyans in Universe 7.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Why would Vegeta think Cabba is worthless for not being able to defeat Freeza who is definitely stronger than Cabba at this point. And if Freeza uses underhanded tactics deliberately targets Cabba because he is a Saiyan.

I don't know what the episode will really be about this is all conjecture at this point. But I do think the title Vegeta's Resolve/Resolution is key.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:44 pm

It would be out of character for Vegeta to save Cabba. Vegeta will want Cabba to give it his all against Frieza, up until his defeat. This is part of what Vegeta taught Cabba when they first met: to never give up and keep fighting until he no longer can.

He's not going to preach saiyan pride, only to come to Cabba's rescue.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:03 pm

I think he'll let them fight but he'll most likely step in if Freeza gets out of hand. Yeah he needs Cabba out to win but that doesn't mean he's going to let someone (especially not Freeza) torture him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:45 pm

sintzu wrote:I think he'll let them fight but he'll most likely step in if Freeza gets out of hand. Yeah he needs Cabba out to win but that doesn't mean he's going to let someone (especially not Freeza) torture him.
Yeah this what I am saying. I don't think he would help Cabba if it is a fair fight but if Freeza is really hurting Cabba he may feel conflicted.

Who knows maybe Vegeta will knock Cabba out himself for all I know. Previews can be very misleading

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Kinokima wrote:
sintzu wrote:I think he'll let them fight but he'll most likely step in if Freeza gets out of hand. Yeah he needs Cabba out to win but that doesn't mean he's going to let someone (especially not Freeza) torture him.
Yeah this what I am saying. I don't think he would help Cabba if it is a fair fight but if Freeza is really hurting Cabba he may feel conflicted.

Who knows maybe Vegeta will knock Cabba out himself for all I know. Previews can be very misleading
What about if Cabba knocks out Vegeta and then Frieza knocks out Cabba. I think that would definitely end up being the best episode of the whole arc so far :thumbup:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:29 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

What about if Cabba knocks out Vegeta and then Frieza knocks out Cabba. I think that would definitely end up being the best episode of the whole arc so far :thumbup:

Well I wouldn't enjoy that at all but anything is possible just like the Namekians may be knocked out as well by Gohan & Piccolo next week. ;)

But back to the topic on hand I do think people are ignoring the title that it about a decision Vegeta has to make.

If it is Vegeta helping or decides to let Cabba fight his own battle I think it will depend on Freeza's actions. Or maybe the title is just there to sound cool. That is also a possibility.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Kinokima wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Well I wouldn't enjoy that at all but anything is possible just like the Namekians may be knocked out as well by Gohan & Piccolo next week. ;)

But back to the topic on hand I do think people are ignoring the title that it about a decision Vegeta has to make.

If it is Vegeta helping or decides to let Cabba fight his own battle I think it will depend on Freeza's actions. Or maybe the title is just there to sound cool. That is also a possibility.
Vegeta is probably not sure what to do as he knows Cabba has to go for him to survive. Titles dont always mean exactly what they say and can be misleading. I think Vegeta will not help Cabba with Frieza.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:06 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Vegeta is probably not sure what to do as he knows Cabba has to go for him to survive. Titles dont always mean exactly what they say and can be misleading. I think Vegeta will not help Cabba with Frieza.

I think previews can be misleading sure but I think a title usually does tell us something . And it's not like it's saying exactly what happens in the episode just that Vegeta comes to some type of important decision in this episode.

But otherwise your guess is as good as mine as to what that decision ultimately is.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:56 pm

I was thinking a joke about him using the SDB's to get cabba an old tootheless space hooker....

ImageImageImage
Image^Those are fake teeth.(couldn't find smaller versions of those pictuers! ><) Why does the term, "Goku button," come to mind suddenly...?

But then I realized how would he get him a space hooker If elimination of either U6 or U7 means no SDB's... How will anyone use the SDB's if either U6 or U7 are eliminated. This is a question since the live erasure of universes... It's still a bit odd. Unless the dragon balls aren't attached to those universes like we think. Has anyone in TOP not thought of this since they know they could potentially be eliminated. We know Goku was rethinking his wish, oddly against his potential promise to freeza. So, goku has not had this thought yet for some odd reason. What do they know we don't. Or are they just not picking that little detail up?!

Yea, what is his resolve about? I'm assuming it's about saving kabba. But that seems too obvious. I'm going to assume it's about saving the sayians or about winning the wish. Maybe to save U6 somehow to keep his promises to cabba.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:35 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Please let this happen! Vegeta needs to be defeated in the most humiliating way possible. His character isn't worth anything in this arc anymore because Jiren thinks he's a weakling and not worth his time, so Vegeta doesn't have the power to make a difference. Frieza on the other hand is confirmed to be stronger by Toei and actually has a brain in this tournament. SSB without Kaioken is old news. Come back when you get UI (which he doesn't deserve by the way because he's regressed to being a selfish prick). Please Toei! Leave that scrub in the dust and focus on the more interesting characters like Freeza and Hit.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:32 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Please let this happen! Vegeta needs to be defeated in the most humiliating way possible. His character isn't worth anything in this arc anymore because Jiren thinks he's a weakling and not worth his time, so Vegeta doesn't have the power to make a difference. Frieza on the other hand is confirmed to be stronger by Toei and actually has a brain in this tournament. SSB without Kaioken is old news. Come back when you get UI (which he doesn't deserve by the way because he's regressed to being a selfish prick). Please Toei! Leave that scrub in the dust and focus on the more interesting characters like Freeza and Hit.
Freeza not stronger than vegeta neither him of veggie were worth jiren time nor there gonna toss him to the side

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:53 pm

Kaiosama wrote:Please let this happen! Vegeta needs to be defeated in the most humiliating way possible.
namekiansaiyan wrote:What about if Cabba knocks out Vegeta and then Frieza knocks out Cabba. I think that would definitely end up being the best episode of the whole arc so far :thumbup:
Vegeta isn't going anywhere. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:53 pm

I think he's going to save Cabba.

It's a tough decision because Frieza is technically his enemy and his pupil Cabba is his enemy. It's a tough choice, but Vegeta is most likely going to resolve to save Cabba. Many people won't like it but I think ts awesome.

I'd like to think the moment in the preview with Vegeta as SSB and Goku talking is him telling him why he's fighting Frieza and Goku empathizing with his choice.
How i predict the tournament will end: