How will Vegeta react?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: How will Vegeta react?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:24 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Toei put out an official spread a couple months ago which stated Freeza was stronger than Vegeta. Also I highly doubt Vegeta will fight Freeza unless Freeza is torturing Cabba.
Did they?

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:28 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Toei put out an official spread a couple months ago which stated Freeza was stronger than Vegeta. Also I highly doubt Vegeta will fight Freeza unless Freeza is torturing Cabba.
Did they?
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/894447693010845697

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:42 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Did they?
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/894447693010845697
Yeah I would definitely put Frieza above Vegeta anyway.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:22 pm

They just said that Frieza is as strong as Goku and they probably meant SSB. And SSB Goku is as strong as SSB Vegeta, especially after the training he's been through so I don't know what's your point unless you just wanna favorise Frieza.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Mercenary wrote:
They just said that Frieza is as strong as Goku and they probably meant SSB. And SSB Goku is as strong as SSB Vegeta, especially after the training he's been through so I don't know what's your point unless you just wanna favorise Frieza.

Goku was said to be #1 on u7 and Freeza was on par. The show explicitly said Golden Freeza = SSB Goku, it didn't say Vegeta was on par with Goku. Its pretty obvious that SSB Goku > SSB Vegeta, might be a small gap but still a gap

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Yeah I also put Freeza above Vegeta, he has not shown anything that puts him on equal with SSJB Goku while Freeza knocked the blue out of Goku in one punch, it'll just make Vegeta look more bad if he decides to attack Freeza because of fighting someone from another universe, I mean c'mon, this aint the time to have a falling-out especially after just witnessing what Jiren did.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Freeza is going to attack Cabba? Since when was this revelation made public and known?
Since Frieza was holding him by the face in the next episode preview for episode 112.
Just watched the NEP again, and it was literal blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment that I didn't initially catch.

Well, in that case, I believe Vegeta will leave Cabba to fight at his own devices because:

a. Vegeta is very much a sink-or-swim type of character
b. Vegeta doesn't want to Freeza the satisfaction of the fact that he played to into his emotions
You really think Vegeta won't defend Cabba?

The episode is called Vegetas Resolve. The title actually kinda points at the fact Vegeta is going to be making a tough decision and follow through with it.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:17 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Goku was said to be #1 on u7 and Freeza was on par. The show explicitly said Golden Freeza = SSB Goku, it didn't say Vegeta was on par with Goku. Its pretty obvious that SSB Goku > SSB Vegeta, might be a small gap but still a gap
Frieza being slightly stronger than Vegeta doesn't mean he's willing to fight him. There's no way Frieza would win that scuffle without receiving lasting damage. He might win but he's not going to be able to brush him off like he did Gohan. He'll expend a decent amount of energy.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:22 pm

TheOne wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Since Frieza was holding him by the face in the next episode preview for episode 112.
Just watched the NEP again, and it was literal blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment that I didn't initially catch.

Well, in that case, I believe Vegeta will leave Cabba to fight at his own devices because:

b. Vegeta doesn't want to Freeza the satisfaction of the fact that he played to into his emotions

The episode is called Vegetas Resolve. The title actually kinda points at the fact Vegeta is going to be making a tough decision and follow through with it.
The tough decision will be to decide whether he is going to let Frieza torture Cabba or not.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Just watched the NEP again, and it was literal blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment that I didn't initially catch.

The tough decision will be to decide whether he is going to let Frieza torture Cabba or not.
Right. That's what I just said.

I believe he's going to defend Cabba and fight Frieza if he must.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:34 pm

TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:

I don't think he will. He will help him to beat Monna but Vegeta surely isn't stupid enough to fight his own team.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:04 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheOne wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

I don't think he will. He will help him to beat Monna but Vegeta surely isn't stupid enough to fight his own team.
I think he is. Why in the world would they title an episode "Vegetas Resolve" for somebody like Monna when there's a huge conflict of interest in the episode when Frieza attacks his pupil?

Obviously Frieza has issues with Saiyans. Vegeta already let his race be destroyed by Frieza once. I doubt he will let Frieza attack and torture Saiyans in a different universe.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:22 pm

In this show, characters are as strong or weak as the plot demands. It doesn't matter who is > than whom on paper. If they want to shaft Vegeta they'll shaft Vegeta. No matter how strong he is.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 am

julianix wrote:What can Vegeta do to stop Freeza? It's beyond clear vegetas only purpose in this tournament is to protect Goku while he heals.

I would not be surprised if Freeza shows a new power to put Vegeta in his place if he gets out of line. Remember if Vegeta would stop Freez a from eliminating a u6 saiyan it would be him in the wrong. That's actually a traitorous thing to do. Beerus might even allow Freeza to whoop Vegeta ass.
Vegeta can protect Goku until he recovers and Goku shows him what a true saiyan's power is. Honestly, I'm betting that Kale or Toppo bodies Vegeta before it's all said and done. Freeza and Gohan will be with Goku until the end. Goku vs Jiren, Gohan vs Dyspo, and Freeza vs Toppo. I think Goku will eliminate Kale and stalemate against Jiren. Vegeta is going to be watching this with his butt on the sidelines.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 am

TheOne wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Frieza being slightly stronger than Vegeta doesn't mean he's willing to fight him. There's no way Frieza would win that scuffle without receiving lasting damage. He might win but he's not going to be able to brush him off like he did Gohan. He'll expend a decent amount of energy.
I would say Vegeta is probably 8 or 9/10 of Goku in SSB. That's usually how his SSJ forms have compared to Goku historically. Vegeta has already been surpassed by SSB Rage Trunks even AFTER training in the RoST again. Freeza would beat Vegeta at this point. Kale would beat Vegeta. Toppo would beat Vegeta. Gohan and 17 are probably close to Vegeta at this point (and Gohan will most likely surpass him by the end of the arc).

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
TheOne wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:

I would say Vegeta is probably 8 or 9/10 of Goku in SSB. That's usually how his SSJ forms have compared to Goku historically. Vegeta has already been surpassed by SSB Rage Trunks even AFTER training in the RoST again. Freeza would beat Vegeta at this point. Kale would beat Vegeta. Toppo would beat Vegeta. Gohan and 17 are probably close to Vegeta at this point (and Gohan will most likely surpass him by the end of the arc).
What does any of that have to do with my statement? :wtf:

For starters Trunks "briefly" surpassed vegeta AND goku. Second, you're making all these ridiculous assumptions in your head based off of zero evidence. You're placing Vegeta where YOU think he is and really have no idea how he'd fair against Toppo or Gohan. As many random power shifts we've seen in this arc and series, you're not going to tell me that Vegeta would lose to Kale or Toppo.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 pm

TheOne wrote:I think he is. Why in the world would they title an episode "Vegetas Resolve" for somebody like Monna when there's a huge conflict of interest in the episode when Frieza attacks his pupil?

Obviously Frieza has issues with Saiyans. Vegeta already let his race be destroyed by Frieza once. I doubt he will let Frieza attack and torture Saiyans in a different universe.
There's a third option I've heard too: Frieza is just rusing yet again to toughen Cabba up and get himself in Vegeta's slightly less-bad graces and he'll stop before Vegeta can attack him.

It works to Frieza's advantage by giving him some leverage to use against Vegeta later.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheOne wrote:I think he is. Why in the world would they title an episode "Vegetas Resolve" for somebody like Monna when there's a huge conflict of interest in the episode when Frieza attacks his pupil?

There's a third option I've heard too: Frieza is just rusing yet again to toughen Cabba up and get himself in Vegeta's slightly less-bad graces and he'll stop before Vegeta can attack him.

It works to Frieza's advantage by giving him some leverage to use against Vegeta later.

This is possible and so far every scene where Freeza looks like he is about to do something evil (as we expect from him) he does the opposite.

But that still wouldn’t explain why the episode is called Vegeta’s Resolve.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

That would make sense. He will probably use whatever happened on namek and vegeta might partially know what's up. Or demonstrate it was training after. It could still end up being vegeta decides to help train them heavily the rest of the match too like goku has with the caulifla.

He'll probably start mimicking namek and vegeta will think he's going to kill cabba at first then it transitions to a lesson in how cruel an enemy can be and how strong for their training. Possibly against jiren. With hit gone both U6 and all other universes have one less very strong person to help take down jiren. It is still completely in Freeza's interest to get strong allies.

I'm more wondering if there is more to it that freeza doesn't want to face jiren. Does he know some aspect of jiren's power. Maybe jirens power is partially from scanning his enemies and adapting ki. Maybe freeza doesn't want to give jiren a heads up for a later element of surprise. Or to be able to get a vital hit in per say. Or maybe jiren is related to his race and he'll recognize freeza or something odd.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Don't ya'll get it? Vegeta's resolve is the episode where Cabba proves he's a real man by fighting off Frieza by himself after taking to heart the inspiring words of Vegeta sama. There won't be any reaction from Vegeta because this will be about Cabba's growth.