Why haven't android 16 been revived?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AndLad92

Why haven't android 16 been revived?

Post by AndLad92 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am

#17 and #18 were evil at first, but soon gave up their goal in killing Goku. After they got absorbed by Cell, they were revived, but what about #16? Even though it seemed like #16 was much more determined to fulfill his goal in killing Goku, than #17 and #18 (e.g. him not wanting to fight others than Goku, except if it was absolutely necessary), he didn't seem that dangerous. After all, he was willing to participate in the Cell games and helped Gohan achieve ssj2. He cherished other things than fighting, and after the defeat of Cell, he wasn't that big of a threat to the Z-fighters, just as #17 and #18 weren't. So why haven't they revived him?
As a big fan of Dragon Ball, I should be expected to hate the live action movie "Dragon Ball: Evolution", but I don't. I don't like it because of the content, but because it gave us Dragon Ball Super:

"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Why haven't android 16 been revived?

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:01 am

My guess is since he was a literal Android and not one like 17 and 18 he wasnt revived by an automatic bring back everyone wish.

As to why they havent personally done it....idk.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:07 am

He was a fully artificial android, and ginger. How are you supposed to revive that?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:26 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:He was a fully artificial android, and ginger. How are you supposed to revive that?
We've seen Android 8 giving his energy to Goku in the Buu saga, so they could be brought back. However, that other trait automatically negates his chance of coming back.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 am

Torturephile wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:He was a fully artificial android, and ginger. How are you supposed to revive that?
We've seen Android 8 giving his energy to Goku in the Buu saga, so they could be brought back. However, that other trait automatically negates his chance of coming back.
Debatable... because 8 has given energy for the Genkidama.

I doubt 16 could do it

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:16 pm

#16 is an artificial construct with no organic soul. I think it was mentioned somewhere, possibly in one of the guidelines, that #8 had a human base so that would account for his being resurrected. What we should also be asking is if Akkuman, Dracula Man, Mummy Man, and Ghost Usher could seemingly be revived after Buu's destruction of the planet, why couldn't #16? All of those creatures are either interdimensional monsters or undead. Why would they be allowed to live, in spite of their questionable characters, when #16 can't be?