Vegeta's Possible Hidden Strength in Tournament of Power

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Vegeta's Possible Hidden Strength in Tournament of Power

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Like the title suggests, does anyone think Vegeta has a lot of power up his sleeve that we haven't seen yet? Maybe a new form instead of UI like Goku? Or do you think Vegeta may have just accepted he's far below his rival and other participants that he's taken a different approach than Goku in the tournament?

They've both conserved their energies as much as possible. Though Goku has used all of his up (Freeza gave him some though), but Vegeta is still not using all his power. Vegeta is the better tactician and is smarter than Goku while Goku is the more talented one. They both want to win. They both lust for battle. But is Vegeta saving his energy because he's just trying to help anyone that might lose instead of fighting outright the way others have and just use the energy when needed? Goku didn't do it for that. He did it cause he wanted to be in tip top shape for the strongest dudes and enjoy a fight. Going by the point of view that Vegeta is not looking for the same thing as Goku, do you think that's what he's really doing? That he knows he can't win against the others and is just helping out others to fight the weaker people?

Going by another point of view, there is evidence to suggest Vegeta does indeed have an ace up his sleeve. Like above, he's been conserving his energy for a large amount of time. He's used Blue only twice and a 3rd time coming up this weekend. Vegeta was very sure of himself before Jiren came when he told Goku he would be the winner knowing Goku could use Kaioken and up to even x10 in his SSB form. He was unphased by Jiren's strength and his only notable "concern" was that he couldn't see the fight. He was also very intrigued by Goku using UI and wasn't agitated whatsoever though that is of course something to expect from a post Boo Vegeta and post U6 vegeta too. But you would think he'd note he's a step below him again even if he wasn't angry about it. He was even confident about protecting him after Goku was out of energy. Do you think Vegeta has hidden strength or form we haven't seen?
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta's Possible Hidden Strength in Tournament of Power

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:15 pm

If he does its definitely not near the level of UI seeing as how his jealousy was showing.

He could have or gain something though.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:19 pm

He isn't hiding anything and if he is it will be nowhere near what the current top 2 of Goku and Jiren have.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Maybe Vegeta discerned the nature behind Goku's Ultra Instinct ability. It was primarily thanks to the Spirit Bomb absorption that his rival achieved the strength which he displayed. Ultra Instinct itself has been a concept of autonomous bodily movement that Whis has been trying to ingrain in both Goku and Vegeta. It's possible Vegeta might have come to the conclusion that if Goku can achieve the state then he should be able to do the same. Should Vegeta follow suit then you might very well see Vegeta regaining the equatable status with his rival. Could it be in this arc? Not sure. If I were in Vegeta's shoes, I would take Goku's surpassing him in strides since it's become a tedious repetitive occurrence dating back to Namek. It won't be long before Vegeta resumes his pace. Moreover, with the Ultra Instinct Omen purportedly allowing Goku to surpass Hakaishin, there aren't too many tiers remaining for him to climb. After Beerus comes the angels followed by Daishinkan. Does anyone actually believe that Goku will become powerful enough to challenge Zeno? Nothing further would exit for him and his confidence in Uub providing a potential challenge to him would be misplaced. It sort of already is with the introduction of god ki.