Vegeta is not a lone warrior!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Vegeta is not a lone warrior!

Post by Arugela » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 pm

I just realized something. He's not a lone warrior. I usually think of him that way and think it's a bit odd he's always hanging out with goku. But he has actually never been presented that way. He has always been presented as being with a partner. Namely nappa. So, if you think about it it's logical he hangs onto a male fighter as a freind/ally. It's actually a logical progression for vegeta. I don't think vegeta is loosing his older character. We're witnessing him sinking into it. Replace Goku with Nappa and imagine how you would think vegeta would act. It will come out basically the same. They ahve even shown this in the show a little. So vegeta really hasn't changed at all. He's just getting comfortable and we are seeing the other side of him that only happened when him and nappa were out in the middle of nowhere. He's still exactly the same. He's still Vegeta, prince of all sayians!
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Rokkage

Re: Vegeta is not a lone warrior!

Post by Rokkage » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:37 pm

I agree and disagree to what you have to say about Vegeta's character. While he may have never been presented as the "Lone Warrior", he definitely viewed himself that way. Especially in the Majin Vegeta Arc, He never mentioned Nappa in his story of the plight of HIS race, it was HE who was dishonored by Kakkarot, and it was HIS way of evil he wanted to return to.

"I was the perfect Warrior, cold and ruthless. I lived by my Strength alone, uninhibited by foolish emotions. But slowly, over the years... I became one of you.
My quest for greatness gradually giving way for this life of mediocrity".

I feel like this part of his speech shows how alone he actually felt, He never mentioned his companionship of Raditz, Nappa, or even Kakkarot. But he did mention in the previous episode the disrespect and dishonor Goku bestowed on him.

He even showed this mentality during his sacrifice, sending everyone away so he could kill Buu on his own, "for the first time, fighting for someone other than himself". It was only during the fight with Kid Buu that Vegeta relinquished his desires to be a lone warrior, where he admitted that Kakkarot was the only reason he ever became how powerful as he did. As without him, he wouldn't have a bar to try and raise for himself.

However, it seems that he is starting to regress back into that mentality in Super, where he's constantly claiming himself to be the most powerful Saiyan to Toppo, and that Kakkarot is nothing compared to him
"Here's something you should know.... that among all the Saiyans, I alone, stand at the top."

Dpc292
Banned

Re: Vegeta is not a lone warrior!

Post by Dpc292 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:38 pm

No...but he is a lonely warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iybuD6CbfzE