Could the reason why Jiren has stopped fighting be because he can sense the new 'super warrior'?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Could the reason why Jiren has stopped fighting be because he can sense the new 'super warrior'?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:22 pm

He could sense the power on the arena but he can't exactly tell where it is coming from so he is resting for a potential battle.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Could the reason why Jiren has stopped fighting be because he can sense the new 'super warrior'?

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:54 pm

I doubt it. Nothing suggests he's fatigued at all. He simply doesn't find anyone in the arena that requires him to have to defeat them. They probably took Jiren out of action because he'd likely wreck this new "super warrior" if he was still in play.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Could the reason why Jiren has stopped fighting be because he can sense the new 'super warrior'?

Post by Lionel » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 pm

I agree with Jigurashi. Jiren likely feels assured of his universe's victory so he's pretentiously decided to block out the turmoil around and focus on his meditation. If you ask me, he's practically asking for someone to shatter that ego of his. Oh how I wish someone like Piccolo would have the good sense to use the Mafuba on him. Universe 11 is left without its trump card and Toppo/Dyspo are left gawking in disbelief at what just occurred.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Lionel wrote:I agree with Jigurashi. Jiren likely feels assured of his universe's victory so he's pretentiously decided to block out the turmoil around and focus on his meditation. If you ask me, he's practically asking for someone to shatter that ego of his. Oh how I wish someone like Piccolo would have the good sense to use the Mafuba on him. Universe 11 is left without its trump card and Toppo/Dyspo are left gawking in disbelief at what just occurred.
Piccolo has never done the move in a fight ever, but I definitely wouldn't mind it. It wouldn't work on Jiren though. Piccolo's Mafuba isn't worthy enough to pierce his aura of energy. Even if it was, he'd just give it the glare.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm waiting for Goku to master his Ultra Instinct form where he will then proceed to punch Toppo so hard it will be shatter Jiren's energy barrier. Causing Jiren to be stunned that Toppo just lost and Goku has regained the power he thought he lost before they have their final battle.