Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
sintzu
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12262
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby sintzu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:54 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:There have been no hints to another tournament with the other 4 universes.


They're not going to leave them out for nothing so chances are there will be one. I do agree that for the time being they should stay away from them and focus on other types of stories.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon. 8)

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 19173
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 am

Holy shit. Toppling fucking Gundam in terms revenue!?! That fucking crazy! :shock:

It's insane how much Super is fueling Dragon Ball's profit to the point that year after year they are exceeding expectations. This also kills the whole believe that any low rating that Dragon Ball gets is connected to how much people are interested in the show.

Super is going to be around for at least another five years and they going to continue to milk the shit out of the 10 year gap.

User avatar
DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 am
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby DBZ_Lee » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Delighted to see Dragon Ball thriving and even surpassing top competition from a merchandising perspective.

Regardless of TV ratings - whether good or bad, this show isn't going anywhere whilst it's generating this kind of revenue.
Ratings don't make you money, Season one of Kai proved that, and that had good, consistent ratings iirc.

They can stay in this time period as long as they want, 3 years empty, and Toriyama Sensei said everyone is at their strongest, which is why he started BoG there.

Really hoping we steer clear from Tournaments for a while when this Universe Survival Arc wraps up.
Am all for a new villain and hopefully a trip to Planet Sadala!.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5402
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby precita » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:46 pm

Planet Salad probably will just be for a filler arc, I don't see any major story arc happening there. It'll probably be a 3-part arc like that purple Vegeta arc. We've already seen a lot of Caulifa/Kale/Cabba and just to meet the King won't take much time. Especially since they're apparently peaceful Saiyans unlike the Universe 7 ones.

I also fully expect Trunks/Goten to star in some fillers, and maybe Yamcha can get another filler like last time.

Kinokima
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby Kinokima » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:09 pm

precita wrote:Planet Salad probably will just be for a filler arc, I don't see any major story arc happening there. It'll probably be a 3-part arc like that purple Vegeta arc. We've already seen a lot of Caulifa/Kale/Cabba and just to meet the King won't take much time. Especially since they're apparently peaceful Saiyans unlike the Universe 7 ones.

I also fully expect Trunks/Goten to star in some fillers, and maybe Yamcha can get another filler like last time.



I can see tons of potential for a main arc on Sadala but it really depends on how it is presented. All they need is the right villain and some good conflict

User avatar
Olympian
Regular
Posts: 719
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby Olympian » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:30 pm

HeroR wrote:
precita wrote:Because that's what Toriyama already did. Of course Trunks and Goten are going to do something eventually in Super, they're likely just waiting for the EOZ timeskip.

Most likely Roshi, Tien, Krillin and maybe even the Androids will be "retired" after this arc. It paves the way for new main characters like Trunks and Goten.


Toriyama dabbled, didn't like where the story went, and abandoned it, just like he did with Gohan being a MC. If anything, Roshi said the opposite of 'retire' since his whole speech was 'it's too soon to tell me where my limits are'.

And these character were never main characters, except Krillin in the Saiyan and Namek Saga. They were secondary-characters.


You mean were never main characters post Saiyan/Namek arcs? Because up until then they were part of the main cast and in previous arcs were indeed main characters.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

HeroR
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7148
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby HeroR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Olympian wrote:You mean were never main characters post Saiyan/Namek arcs? Because up until then they were part of the main cast and in previous arcs were indeed main characters.


The humans weren't main characters in Z except Krillin. The other humans existed to be killed.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.

Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
pacz360
I Live Here
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:38 am

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby pacz360 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:54 pm

dbs making DAT MONEY! :D
NO WAY THERE ENDING IT ANYTIME SOON

namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4312
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby namekiansaiyan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:36 am

Kinokima wrote:
precita wrote:Planet Salad probably will just be for a filler arc, I don't see any major story arc happening there. It'll probably be a 3-part arc like that purple Vegeta arc. We've already seen a lot of Caulifa/Kale/Cabba and just to meet the King won't take much time. Especially since they're apparently peaceful Saiyans unlike the Universe 7 ones.

I also fully expect Trunks/Goten to star in some fillers, and maybe Yamcha can get another filler like last time.



I can see tons of potential for a main arc on Sadala but it really depends on how it is presented. All they need is the right villain and some good conflict


You don't need to go to Planet Sadala for that.

User avatar
sintzu
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12262
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby sintzu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:24 am

precita wrote:Planet Salad probably will just be for a filler arc, I don't see any major story arc happening there. It'll probably be a 3-part arc like that purple Vegeta arc. We've already seen a lot of Caulifa/Kale/Cabba and just to meet the King won't take much time. Especially since they're apparently peaceful Saiyans unlike the Universe 7 ones.


The reaosn they're getting so much screen time is probably to get us used to them for a Sadal arc. Saiyans are the biggest DB $$$ makers so that's a golden chance to introduce more of them with multiple forms.

We're told they're peaceful but that doesn't mean they can't be attacked or don't have a dirty past that could haunt them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon. 8)

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8788
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:33 am

They're crossing over to U6 therefore a villain or conflict doesn't necessarily mean that it has to come from Sadala. An innocent trip to Sadala could lead into something bigger.

That all said let's wait and see the conclusion of this arc first.
Top releases of each month to look forward too:
August: SMSP "THE SUPER SAIYAN 4 SON GOKU" (sculpted by Manabu Yamashita)
September: DBS Son Goku FES!! Stage 8 (sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa) PROTOTYPE FINAL VERSION
October: DBS WCD Vol.2: Goku vs Jiren, #17 & Super Shenron (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
November: DBGT Kamehameha x10 Son Goku (sculpted by Satoshi Suzuki)
December: DBS:Broly Ultimate Soldiers The Movie I,II &III (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super related merchandise and figures Album of SSGSS shots Album of Ultra Instinct shots Album of Ultra Instinct "Omen" shots Album of SSG shots

User avatar
TheOne
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby TheOne » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:03 am

Faisal Shourov wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Cool! More popularity = more money = higher quality = more popularity ,etc


Expect a ton of Dragon Ball material in future. Also hopefully more fights on Goku vs Jiren level


Jiren will be the new Krillin in a couple years
How i predict the tournament will end:

User avatar
TheOne
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 758
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby TheOne » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:06 am

Faisal Shourov wrote:
Kinokima wrote:Very awesome to hear. Thanks for starting a positive thread. :)


You're most welcome. Ignore any comment saying Dragon Ball Super getting cancelled. You would need some natural calamity like tsunami/earthquake or god forbid Akira Toriyama's death for it to happen. Bandai and Toei would not kill their biggest money machine anytime soon


Or a nuclear attack. Not sure if anybody follows the news, but Japan is definitely on North Korea’s radar.

Hoping no catastrophe happens to where production is cancelled or postponed.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 am

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby Faisal Shourov » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:09 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Holy shit. Toppling fucking Gundam in terms revenue!?! That fucking crazy! :shock:

It's insane how much Super is fueling Dragon Ball's profit to the point that year after year they are exceeding expectations. This also kills the whole believe that any low rating that Dragon Ball gets is connected to how much people are interested in the show.

Super is going to be around for at least another five years and they going to continue to milk the shit out of the 10 year gap.


Dragon Ball Super is one of the few shows I don't mind getting milked, it has barely any plot and mostly runs on comedy + slice of life when there's no fighting. Unlike shows like Naruto where you can definitely see them running out of ideas (End of 4th World War Arc) or essentially rebooting the series with new characters to milk more (Boruto), I don't mind DBS for at least 150 more episodes, really. The show is earning more money every year and the quality of animation is getting better as well. More episodes mean we get a chance to explore more Universes. DBS can actually make use of these new episodes, I don't even want to call milking it honestly. It's been a good way to expand the series lore with the Gods and new Universes.
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

User avatar
sintzu
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12262
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby sintzu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:15 am

TheOne wrote:
Or a nuclear attack. Not sure if anybody follows the news, but Japan is definitely on North Korea’s radar.

Hoping no catastrophe happens to where production is cancelled or postponed.


Hadn't north Korea been going on about destroying the US and Japan for a few decades now ?

Even if they try something , our great president probably has a "trump" card that'll put an end to them so there's nothing to worry about.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon. 8)

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 am

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby Faisal Shourov » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:25 pm

sintzu wrote:
Hadn't north Korea been going on about destroying the US and Japan for a few decades now ?

Even if they try something , our great president probably has a "trump" card that'll put an end to them so there's nothing to worry about.


Japan has already tanked nukes and are prepared for war 24/7. Even if there's casualty they will resume anime production within 2 years. The world is much more globalized than it was in 1940s, they will receive all infrastructure help they need from West. No need to worry much
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

User avatar
Olympian
Regular
Posts: 719
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby Olympian » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:50 pm

HeroR wrote:
Olympian wrote:You mean were never main characters post Saiyan/Namek arcs? Because up until then they were part of the main cast and in previous arcs were indeed main characters.


The humans weren't main characters in Z except Krillin. The other humans existed to be killed.


The cast at the time was only comprimised of the same cast of before with the addition of Piccolo and Gohan.

Yeah, they died. So did Kuririn in Namek. Their sacrífice is what moves the entire plot until they find Freeza.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 19173
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Faisal Shourov wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Holy shit. Toppling fucking Gundam in terms revenue!?! That fucking crazy! :shock:

It's insane how much Super is fueling Dragon Ball's profit to the point that year after year they are exceeding expectations. This also kills the whole believe that any low rating that Dragon Ball gets is connected to how much people are interested in the show.

Super is going to be around for at least another five years and they going to continue to milk the shit out of the 10 year gap.


Dragon Ball Super is one of the few shows I don't mind getting milked, it has barely any plot and mostly runs on comedy + slice of life when there's no fighting. Unlike shows like Naruto where you can definitely see them running out of ideas (End of 4th World War Arc) or essentially rebooting the series with new characters to milk more (Boruto), I don't mind DBS for at least 150 more episodes, really. The show is earning more money every year and the quality of animation is getting better as well. More episodes mean we get a chance to explore more Universes. DBS can actually make use of these new episodes, I don't even want to call milking it honestly. It's been a good way to expand the series lore with the Gods and new Universes.

I have a feeling they will announce a new film at Jump Fiesta in December for a Summer 2018 release and it will act a bridge from the end of the Universal Survival arc to the next major arc in Super. And that the film with get a full blow worldwide release. I mean, the worldwide success of BOG and ROF with its limited advertising and screenings are proof that there is major profit to be made from a Dragon Ball animated film if it's marketed properly internationally.

HeroR
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7148
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby HeroR » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:56 pm

Olympian wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Olympian wrote:You mean were never main characters post Saiyan/Namek arcs? Because up until then they were part of the main cast and in previous arcs were indeed main characters.


The humans weren't main characters in Z except Krillin. The other humans existed to be killed.


The cast at the time was only comprimised of the same cast of before with the addition of Piccolo and Gohan.

Yeah, they died. So did Kuririn in Namek. Their sacrífice is what moves the entire plot until they find Freeza.


Krillin carried a large chuckled of the plot before he died and his death has the biggest impact in the series next to Piccolo dying on Earth. The humans just got slaughtered and their deaths really didn't amount to much next to Piccolo. If only Piccolo died, it would have still moved the plot since they would want Dragon Balls again.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.

Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8788
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Dragon Ball Sales- Bandai Namco 2017 revenue (and 2018 forecast)

Postby Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:02 pm

Everyone on about Jump Festa but isn't it Manga related things? Like I know U.S arc was announced there but even then that was Toyo who did the PV and Jump Festa just happened to coincide timeline wise with them announcing the next arc previous years we didn't have any breaking news at previous Jump Festa's, right?

I don't think people should get their hopes up for anything significant.
Top releases of each month to look forward too:
August: SMSP "THE SUPER SAIYAN 4 SON GOKU" (sculpted by Manabu Yamashita)
September: DBS Son Goku FES!! Stage 8 (sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa) PROTOTYPE FINAL VERSION
October: DBS WCD Vol.2: Goku vs Jiren, #17 & Super Shenron (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
November: DBGT Kamehameha x10 Son Goku (sculpted by Satoshi Suzuki)
December: DBS:Broly Ultimate Soldiers The Movie I,II &III (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super related merchandise and figures Album of SSGSS shots Album of Ultra Instinct shots Album of Ultra Instinct "Omen" shots Album of SSG shots


Return to “Dragon Ball Super”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BakaManiaHD, Black Hawk, Darkblade1995, dragon boss z, infectedmann, Lord Beerus, shadd21, The gr, Venus, Zen Yabuki and 36 guests