Kid Trunks and Freeza

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Kid Trunks and Freeza

Post by Kishido » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 pm

If Freeza ever finds out that he is more or less the guy who killed him and on top on that Vegeta’s son, do you Kid Trunks will have some problems?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Kid Trunks and Freeza

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:47 pm

I don't know but I am disappointed Freeza didn't learn the person who killed him was Vegeta's son. I hope he eventually learns it. Let Vegeta get something over Freeza.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Trunks and Trunks are both... Trunks. But, one Trunks is different than the other Trunks. I’m pretty sure if Freeza found out, someone would explain what was going on.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:21 am

The fact Freeza's original killer was the progeny of Vegeta would doubtlessly strike a chord with the tyrant -- as would the continued existence of said progeny in any timeline. It doesn't matter whether Kid Trunks was directly responsible or not, by association alone he's marked for death in the eyes of Freeza. Saiyans of any type or creed are condemnable to him. Trunks being the one who killed him only gives the endeavour of snuffing him out a personal element to itself.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:23 am

no because before the Tournament of Power, Vegeta told Kid Trunks that Freeza is a comrade now.

They will be on good terms :lol:

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 am

Didn't Freeza see Trunks (and Goten) back in the F saga? He even remarked about saiyans reproducing. I don't think he mentioned anything about Trunks being Vegeta's son, though.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:21 am

Torturephile wrote:Didn't Freeza see Trunks (and Goten) back in the F saga? He even remarked about saiyans reproducing. I don't think he mentioned anything about Trunks being Vegeta's son, though.

I think he thought Trunks was the son of the person who killed him. A reasonable assumption he wouldn’t have known about the time travel aspect.

But he doesn’t know Vegeta has children

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:31 am

Question along the same lines. Does Kid Trunks know how many innocents his father killed lol
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:45 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Question along the same lines. Does Kid Trunks know how many innocents his father killed lol

Probably not I’d honestly love a story where Vegeta’s
past comes back to haunt him so to speak but I think I am going to have to rely on fanfiction for that type of story.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:48 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Question along the same lines. Does Kid Trunks know how many innocents his father killed lol
Probably not. It would be a touchy subject for Vegeta's family as they only know him for the hard-faced but internally considerate family man that he's become since the Buu arc. Notice how Bulma and the others failed to ask about Vegeta's sudden neo-genocidal attitude and what all occurred behind the scenes when they saw him again at the end of the arc? All was well and the sadistic bloodthirsty animal whom they caught a glimpse of didn't perturb them whatsoever.

You could say the same about Ox King. How many innocent people did he slaughter during his furious rampage as a disgruntled vagrant who was venting over the loss of his home at the base of Mt Frypan? No one seemed to care that this guy was taking out his petty frustrations on people who had nothing to do with his home going up in flames. Not even his old master, Roshi, showed much accountability in this terrible situation except through a mild scolding; after which everything seems to have miraculously gone back to normal with no one batting an eye towards this guy who was once reviled and feared as a bloodthirsty murderous barbarian.

Dragon Ball has a nasty habit of brushing such touchy matters under the rug so as to avoid a big conundrum. If there was any accountability in this series then every original fighter from DB barring Krillin and possibly Tenshinhan (depends on what he did prior to his moral epiphany during the 22nd tournament) would be in chains or worse since they're all guilty of some crime.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Been waiting for Frieza to find out since Resurrection of F. It would be glorious. :D
But it is hilarious to me that Frieza may believe Future Trunks is little Trunks's father. All that time travel shenanigans. :lol:
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.