A Unsettling and Unique thing about UI...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

A Unsettling and Unique thing about UI...

Post by Master Xar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:35 am

Goku while he is using it... silent... cold and silent... maybe outside of grunts or yells it seems in this form Goku doesn’t speak a word and we haven’t seen that before, Goku is all business and ready to kick ass, no rage, no cockiness, no hatred, no taunts, just dead serious and blank face outside of maybe a Goku that is set to kill and doesn’t care if it’s a straight up fight or not... this might just be Goku in his most dangerous mindset yet, every other form was either talking and fooling around unless pissed off or mindlessly destroying things (great ape)

Any thoughts?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: A Unsettling and Unique thing about UI...

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:42 am

True. It reminds me a lot of Gohan when he first turned SSJ2 against Cell. Goku is completely different while in this state. Almost Zombie-like. Completely mindless, which is also the whole idea behind this state, because your body takes over so your mind isn't needed anymore. He's like a wild animal. He could be unconscious for all we know, and even blind! It doesn't make a bit of difference when it comes to combat. He's acting purely on instinct now, like a true Saiyan warrior.

This is the badass warrior Son Goku that all the fans have been talking about! He doesn't play around and gives zero shit!

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Master Xar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:56 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:True. It reminds me a lot of Gohan when he first turned SSJ2 against Cell. Goku is completely different while in this state. Almost Zombie-like. Completely mindless, which is also the whole idea behind this state, because your body takes over so your mind isn't needed anymore. He's like a wild animal. He could be unconscious for all we know, and even blind! It doesn't make a bit of difference when it comes to combat. He's acting purely on instinct now, like a true Saiyan warrior.

This is the badass warrior Son Goku that all the fans have been talking about! He doesn't play around and gives zero shit!
I know right! I feel like in this form Goku would go out of his way to incapacitate his foe, like I said the only other Goku I feel would be more dangerous is just only a sneaky killer version of this! Watching Goku just pummel the living crap out of someone with that blank expression is just gonna be the best.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:29 am

"Like an animal", you said? Then, it could have been nice if it was Goku to fight Kakunsa and to tell that her fighting style was worth studying... however UI is different...

About Ultra Instinct... to you think we will get more scenes of Goku easily handling multiple enemies at the same time using it (more than just Toppo + Dyspo)? Such scenes give a very cool look to the character.... You know, like "Ultra Instinct Shaggy" scene (if you haven't seen it yet... it is a MUST SEE here... if you want to see it without the special effects, the original scene is here instead)...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:14 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:True. It reminds me a lot of Gohan when he first turned SSJ2 against Cell. Goku is completely different while in this state. Almost Zombie-like. Completely mindless, which is also the whole idea behind this state, because your body takes over so your mind isn't needed anymore. He's like a wild animal. He could be unconscious for all we know, and even blind! It doesn't make a bit of difference when it comes to combat. He's acting purely on instinct now, like a true Saiyan warrior.

Goku is conscious, against Jiren we saw his face react to the fact he managed dodge him then he dodged Jiren again leading Goku to then checked out his own body to see what was going on.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:32 am

It seems to be an unconscious state of mind for Goku at this point. He was basically walking dead when it triggered the first time, and I notice in the most recent episode Champa pointed out that he seemed groggy right before he activated it. It could be that it's something he can only tap into in a semi-conscious state. Which is good, because it gives him something to work for following the tournament. He can access what may well be the be-all, end-all technique, but it's no use if he has no control over when he can use it. His ultimate goal would be to have the same control over it as Whis, who can move and react instinctively while also being able to think and talk.

All that said, I'm a little nervous that the preview for next week has him using a Kamehameha. Techniques suggest he could be cognisant, which in turn suggests he might be able to talk. That would ruin the mystique, I'd rather they keep him silent while he's in that state, at least for now.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 am

I think its implied that when Goku uses Ultra Instinct, he is kinda unconscious. Thus the different eye color and different personality. He acts on instinct like a wild animal.

Both times he gets knocked out before he goes UI. In the black hole spirit bomb it is shown that his eyes go white which is used in anime to show that someone is unconscious, then after that the silver eyes came and the different personality.

In episode 115, Kafla knocks him out and then he gets up but his eyes aren’t shown. Anime also does this to show that someone is unconscious but they’re will to fight is still there. Then he goes UI.

I think it’s between going unconscious and getting to near death, that Ultra Instinct awakens
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 am

UI Instinct is fighting without the mind. Instinct. You aren't thinking. It only activates, so far, when he's in dire need of more strength beyond what he's capable of at the moment.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:02 pm

It's curious how Goku is acting like a zombie or sleepwalker with Ultra Instinct (he did get blown up with his own Spirit Bomb).

Maybe he needs to tap into it properly.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Hmmm so all Goku ever needed was to have Reborn shoot him with a hyper dying will bullet? Jk but the UI technique does remind a bit of the dying will state from "Reborn!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:16 pm

I think he's unconscious while using it. The loose way he moves and the fact that he doesn't say anything...not that Gokû is overly talkative, but he always talks to his opponent in battle.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!