So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Puaru
Banned

Re: So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Post by Puaru » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:01 pm

Gohan is such a weak ass bitch that its not even funny.

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Zagacious wrote: How was making U7 so overpowered a good move exactly? You say it was but then the reason after it has nothing to do with the other universes being far too weak. In fact they ARE steamrolling everyone they come across, there's not even enough people to give U7 good matches. Android 17 could probably solo 90% of the people by himself with no assistance, and it's doubtful he's anywhere near as strong as Goku or Vegeta SSB. The only people even close to a threat are Kefla, Toppo, and Jiren, everyone else is pretty much fodder. I don't see how that makes sense to introduce all these new universes and almost no one can even touch the mid tier fighters of U7, let alone Goku or Vegeta. It's the perfect opportunity to make other strong fighters to take on Frieza, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan etc but we got pretty much none of that. If anything it makes the world seem underwelming that there's these 7 other universe but pretty much everyone there is Cell level or weaker.
Because it maintains their top tier warrior reputation we grew up with and shows that U7 is special. Not enough to win easily, but enough to show that, on average, they are above the other universes with the exception of a few top dogs.

Anyway, we're far from the end of the arc apparently, so there is still time for some dark horses to rear their heads.
namekiansaiyan wrote: One of the reason why I like Piccolo is because he doesn't get emotional at all during fights. Even during their fight now Gohan has a serious face whereas Piccolo doesn't.
He does, though, specifically when it comes to Gohan. And you can bet that if something were to happen to Gohan on his watch he'd emote something fierce.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Michsi wrote:.
namekiansaiyan wrote: One of the reason why I like Piccolo is because he doesn't get emotional at all during fights. Even during their fight now Gohan has a serious face whereas Piccolo doesn't.
He does, though, specifically when it comes to Gohan. And you can bet that if something were to happen to Gohan on his watch he'd emote something fierce.
Being a little concerned is not being emotional like the rest of them do.

Piccolo won't go nuts if something bad happens to Gohan as he is way too calm for that and Gohan from the bench would just say it was his own fault and would tell Piccolo to get on with it. You actually think Piccolo would scream and power up and start rampaging everywhere?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:11 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I'm honestly wondering if it won't be most of U7 vs Jiren one by one in an almost Cell Games type scenario. Except obviously Jiren isn't evil
So, they would all attack him one at a time, or would they all be pre-occupied by stupid plot devices that came out of Jirens arse and be forced to fight him one on one anyway? :lol:

Haha I think their pride would cause them to go 1 v 1 depending exactly who remains.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 pm

emperior wrote:Probably Toppo, Dyspo, Jiren or the U4 bugs. Gohan will do something great, though. I'm 99% sure he will have his shining moment, he's way too popular not to get one - just look at Future Trunks and what he got.
I don't think Gohan is as popular in japan as he is in the West
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Faisal Shourov wrote:
emperior wrote:Probably Toppo, Dyspo, Jiren or the U4 bugs. Gohan will do something great, though. I'm 99% sure he will have his shining moment, he's way too popular not to get one - just look at Future Trunks and what he got.
He is only popular when he is the strongest. In other words a lot of his fans are the people who only like the strongest characters.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 pm

He can have an epic revenge match against the U3 Robot that was beating him up in the Freeza episode.
But then again this topic creator seems to forget that all the times he was the strongest was because everything was handled to them.
Asura wrote:To the people saying Gohan doesn't need anything else in this tournament because he has that one 5 minute fight with Obuni, a character barely introduced in the same episode he was defeated in, all I can say is really?

Gohan has been rather disappointing in the actual ToP itself. The Obuni fight was cool and Obuni was kinda interesting but we barely even knew him and he wasn't a big player whatsoever. Since then he's looked horrible, having to be babysat by both Piccolo and Freeza like a helpless child. It seems like he's saved Piccolo twice already in the Namekian fight, which makes me think maybe it's foreshadowing Gohan sacrificing himself for Piccolo this time which sounds very disappointing.
That still would be more than what most got.
As for the bolded part,i don't see that happening but it would nice for Gohan to repay the favor for once,it would actually be a good character moment for Gohan,you know to protect the one that suffers the most from Gohan's mistakes most of the time.
kinisking wrote: Yes, but that was then and this is now. Has super not made it obvious that he won't be getting that treatment anymore ? He had a fight where he struggled, but still over came it. I think that should be considered good enough at this point. I don't see why people are complaining so much when he's been treated with a lot of respect this arc. The only time I didn't like his treatment was 106.
Yeah most Gohan fans(losely on fans since they care about Cell games Gohan or Ultimate Gohan,you know the people that only cared about Gohan when he was the strongest like this topic creator)have insane expectations and they only have themselves to blame.
He had been treated mostly good so far and he will propably get 1 or 2 more eliminations anyways.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Michsi wrote:Because it maintains their top tier warrior reputation we grew up with and shows that U7 is special. Not enough to win easily, but enough to show that, on average, they are above the other universes with the exception of a few top dogs.

Anyway, we're far from the end of the arc apparently, so there is still time for some dark horses to rear their heads.
That's really minimizing the issue though, they are not just above average compared to the to other universes they are completely facerolling everyone except for Hit and Jiren. The only reason they aren't 'winning easily' is Jiren, if it wasn't for him the tournament would be over a long time ago. I 100% guarantee you no one else significant from other universes is going to appear now, except possibly a Piccolo fusion/powerup, it's made pretty clear this Tournament is just for Goku vs Jiren by how they're treating the other fighters. I have no idea how they're going to drag this on for 18 more episodes if they're not going to make anyone's fights matter. Kefla is defeated soon after that it's just going to be filler of pointless tata sparring until Goku is recovered to fight Jiren.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Zagacious wrote:
Michsi wrote:Because it maintains their top tier warrior reputation we grew up with and shows that U7 is special. Not enough to win easily, but enough to show that, on average, they are above the other universes with the exception of a few top dogs.

That's really minimizing the issue though, they are not just above average compared to the to other universes they are completely facerolling everyone except for Hit and Jiren. The only reason they aren't 'winning easily' is Jiren, if it wasn't for him the tournament would be over a long time ago. I 100% guarantee you no one else significant from other universes is going to appear now, except possibly a Piccolo fusion/powerup, it's made pretty clear this Tournament is just for Goku vs Jiren by how they're treating the other fighters. I have no idea how they're going to drag this on for 18 more episodes if they're not going to make anyone'serse fights matter. Kefla is defeated soon after that it's just going to be filler of pointless tata sparring until Goku is recovered to fight Jiren.

Yeah I don’t think U7 should be this strong compared to other Universes at all.

Compared to their own Universe yes but shouldn’t the point of introducing other Universes be that there are plenty of strong fighters out there (and not just for Goku to fight)

But it would be nice if there was more of a challenge for U7. And they actually had to use team work and strategy like this tournament was first presented to us.

Instead it seems it’s mostly low level fights for U7 except Goku who gets any exceptionally strong character.

Heck if they couldn’t give a great fight to every character than I would have loved some interesting tag teams. I do like Gohan & Piccolo but this would have been the perfect arc to change things up a bit. And while it did seem they were going in that direction since the special well nothing really special has happened.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 pm

i NEVER antecipated Gohan having any major role in the ToP. He wasn't build for that, nor was he hyped, and he doesn't DESERVE anything major in the ToP.

I'm ok with Gohan eliminating the two namekians and then being kicked out of the arena by any other character.

For the next arc i wish that Gohan will be well handled and built for deserving something big.

IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:50 am

What's wrong with wanting your favorite character to have a good moment? It gets really annoying when some of you guys talk about how its bad for gohan fans to want him to be strong. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want your favorite character to be weak.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:55 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:.
Being a little concerned is not being emotional like the rest of them do.

Piccolo won't go nuts if something bad happens to Gohan as he is way too calm for that and Gohan from the bench would just say it was his own fault and would tell Piccolo to get on with it. You actually think Piccolo would scream and power up and start rampaging everywhere?
Well, not the TOP specifically, because the no-kill rule makes the whole thing trivial, and I'm not saying he'd go batshit over Gohan breaking his ankle, but should he ever die trying to save Piccolo, I do think he'd react badly. And not everywhere, just towards the person to blame. Being generally a level-headed person that doesn't let emotions get to them doesn't mean they don't have certain buttons that if pushed would make them have extreme reactions.
Zagacious wrote: That's really minimizing the issue though, they are not just above average compared to the to other universes they are completely facerolling everyone except for Hit and Jiren. The only reason they aren't 'winning easily' is Jiren, if it wasn't for him the tournament would be over a long time ago. I 100% guarantee you no one else significant from other universes is going to appear now, except possibly a Piccolo fusion/powerup, it's made pretty clear this Tournament is just for Goku vs Jiren by how they're treating the other fighters. I have no idea how they're going to drag this on for 18 more episodes if they're not going to make anyone's fights matter. Kefla is defeated soon after that it's just going to be filler of pointless tata sparring until Goku is recovered to fight Jiren.
Mmmm, I know people don't like her that much , but Ribrianne seems fairly competent, we have yet to see what U3 brings to the table, U4 still has to show it's trump card, and U6 has done pretty well too. An arc usually just has one or two major opponents anyway, so the TOP is unusual in this regard. Not saying they couldn't have done better as far as unique powers go, but if we're talking about U7s position on the power scale alone, I think it was a good thing that they make it seem like it's not just Goku, Freeza, and maybe Vegeta that are competitive. We still have 4 other universes o explore an I think those we'll be a little more significant.
Faisal Shourov wrote:
He is. He is the only other DB character to appear in a general anime/manga popularity poll beside Goku, and if I'm not mistaken, was the only one to actually surpass Goku in DB popularity polls while DB was still running. But that was durng his appearances as a child, I think he dropped significantly once he became a dorky teenager which coincides with Toriayam taking him out of the MC seat. Not to mention he was 3rd or 4th in the 2004 popularity poll.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 am

Kanious wrote:i NEVER antecipated Gohan having any major role in the ToP. He wasn't build for that, nor was he hyped, and he doesn't DESERVE anything major in the ToP.

I'm ok with Gohan eliminating the two namekians and then being kicked out of the arena by any other character.

For the next arc i wish that Gohan will be well handled and built for deserving something big.
Piccolo ia getting the final hit on the Namekians he is not having this one taken away from him.
IGhostUlt wrote:What's wrong with wanting your favorite character to have a good moment? It gets really annoying when some of you guys talk about how its bad for gohan fans to want him to be strong. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want your favorite character to be weak.
We all want are favourite characters to have good moments and be strong but we are just saying that there are many people who only like Gohan when he is strong.
shadowmaria wrote:Gohan should fight Zirloin.

I don't know why, but I'd pop for that
The Androids are fighting all of Universe 2 so that fight probably won't happen.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:26 am

shadowmaria wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
The Androids are fighting all of Universe 2 so that fight probably won't happen.
Doesn't mean it can't
I don't think he is that strong as he was a cheerleader for the 3 girls.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Doesn't mean it can't
People assume a lot about the new characters in this arc, and we've been pleasantly surprised. Remember when Khaseral was built up to be this amazing character with abilities that was going to be important? He was taken out in just a couple of episodes like he was nothing.

Case in point.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:35 am

shadowmaria wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Doesn't mean it can't
People assume a lot about the new characters in this arc, and we've been pleasantly surprised. Remember when Khaseral was built up to be this amazing character with abilities that was going to be important? He was taken out in just a couple of episodes like he was nothing.

Case in point.
That is one of many dissapointments that Toei have created from their poor organisation of the whole arc.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:24 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Case in point.
That is one of many dissapointments that Toei have created from their poor organisation of the whole arc.
I am never going to forget about narirama and nigrisshi.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:33 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:

Case in point.
I am never going to forget about narirama and nigrisshi.
You guys sure they weren't supposed to be red herrings? Or at least jokes based on fake build-up?