So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Puaru
Banned

So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Post by Puaru » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:35 am

So we've all been anticipating that Gohan will get an awesome fight and actually get to do something significant this tournament, but at this point, who the hell is even left in the tournament for such a fight to be against? Goku is going to beat the two saiyan broads, and obviously is also going to beat Jiren, Vegeta gets Toppo, and the androids will take care of the Sailor Moon spoof. So WHO exactly could Gohan have a significant fight against?

Because I swear to God, if the culmination of Gohan in this arc is winning against two goddamn NAMEKIANS (who Gohan should rightfully be able to kill with one flick of his finger, more or less) I'm going be soooooo pissed. And the same goes if his big culmination is against any of the other mooks that still lingers around the arena.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 am

So you mock the Namekians when you don't even know everything about them.

Have you ever thought that all the promotioj about Gohan was jusy him getting his Ultimate form and just entering the tournament after doing nothing.

Thr Androids going against Universe 2 is nothing special either. Goku vs Jiren is the only fight that matters.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:19 am

I could say the same of Freeza. They've stacked the deck too far in Universe 7's favour, they have all these ridiculously strong fighters and hardly anyone from the other 70 to match them. It's why I reckon Freeza should be the one fighting Kefla.

I'm still holding out hope that Gohan will play a role in the endgame. If he defeats the Namekians and Kefla's out by then, he'll be personally responsible for the elimination of two universes. That's the sort of thing that could weigh heavily on his conscience and push him to survive. Maybe Jiren defeats Goku and the final fight is actually Gohan trying to survive against an opponent he has no hope of beating. An ending based around our heroes trying to run down the clock and survive as long as they can would be a cool way to wrap up a tournament about survival, and Gohan is the character most concerned about fighting to survive.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:26 am

Puaru wrote:So we've all been anticipating that Gohan will get an awesome fight and actually get to do something significant this tournament, but at this point, who the hell is even left in the tournament for such a fight to be against? Goku is going to beat the two saiyan broads, and obviously is also going to beat Jiren, Vegeta gets Toppo, and the androids will take care of the Sailor Moon spoof. So WHO exactly could Gohan have a significant fight against?

Because I swear to God, if the culmination of Gohan in this arc is winning against two goddamn NAMEKIANS (who Gohan should rightfully be able to kill with one flick of his finger, more or less) I'm going be soooooo pissed. And the same goes if his big culmination is against any of the other mooks that still lingers around the arena.
What if the Namekians fuse?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 am

Kataphrut wrote:I could say the same of Freeza. They've stacked the deck too far in Universe 7's favour, they have all these ridiculously strong fighters and hardly anyone from the other 70 to match them. It's why I reckon Freeza should be the one fighting Kefla.

I'm still holding out hope that Gohan will play a role in the endgame. If he defeats the Namekians and Kefla's out by then, he'll be personally responsible for the elimination of two universes. That's the sort of thing that could weigh heavily on his conscience and push him to survive. Maybe Jiren defeats Goku and the final fight is actually Gohan trying to survive against an opponent he has no hope of beating. An ending based around our heroes trying to run down the clock and survive as long as they can would be a cool way to wrap up a tournament about survival, and Gohan is the character most concerned about fighting to survive.
Piccolo is getting the final hit on the Namekians it would be unfair if he doesn't

Jiren could find him and beat him in 2 seconds.

I think the fighters left at the end might somehow help Goku beat Jiren.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Puaru wrote:So we've all been anticipating that Gohan will get an awesome fight and actually get to do something significant this tournament, but at this point, who the hell is even left in the tournament for such a fight to be against? Goku is going to beat the two saiyan broads, and obviously is also going to beat Jiren, Vegeta gets Toppo, and the androids will take care of the Sailor Moon spoof. So WHO exactly could Gohan have a significant fight against?

What if the Namekians fuse?
I would prefer a hidden power up.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:37 am

Kataphrut wrote:I could say the same of Freeza. They've stacked the deck too far in Universe 7's favour, they have all these ridiculously strong fighters and hardly anyone from the other 70 to match them. It's why I reckon Freeza should be the one fighting Kefla.

Making U7 so strong compared to the other lower universe was actually a good move IMO. After all, before this revival phase, we all thought Goku & co. to be strongest fighters ever. The introduction of Beerus, the gods, and other universes kinda lowered their status, which was the point - more of room to climb upwards- but you don't want to see them dropped at the bottom of the latter suddenly. It's not like they're steamrolling everyone they come across.

As for Gohan, I get this feeling he'll actually go against Jiren at some point.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:39 am

I like Kataphrut's idea, even though the prospects of Gohan surviving any length of time against a serious Jiren whose aim is to eliminate as much of Universe 7 as he can get his hands on are small at best. If we're being realistic here he shouldn't last any portion of time against Jiren. Characters with far smaller gaps between themselves have made a mockery of their opponents. Jiren could just throw Gohan out of bounds with a gust of wind generated from his arm like Jackie Chun achieved against Yamcha if Toei was being consistent. Since they're not, Gohan may have a chance, albeit it would be a brutal struggle for survival.

Now in terms of actual earnest fights for which to show off what he's capable of, you run into a problem. Almost every significant player has either been taken or is in reserve for someone else. It's possible we might be presuming some outcomes like Vegeta defeating Toppo. What we know of Toppo is that he appeared to be raring to go against a SSJBKKx10 Goku during the exhibition matches. If Toppo was using his full strength right now then he would be projecting an aura to indicate it, right? I think he might be reserving himself still. Although that begs the question of how Gohan is expected to handle him when he got taken out by SSJBKKx10 Goku himself. Who knows?

The only major player who isn't in a fight at the moment or is expected to fight someone in the near future is Dyspo. Dyspo is the third fiddle of the Pride Troopers so he might seem appropriate for Gohan to a number of fans.
Last edited by Lionel on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:14 am

There are still some OP characters yet to be revealed tho, like the bugs for instance.
There's also Dyspo who can give Gohan his big fight.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:22 am

SansrivaaL wrote:There are still some OP characters yet to be revealed tho, like the bugs for instance.
My theory is that those two aren't very strong and Quitela is banking on their ability to remain hidden, so that when Jiren, Goku, or whoever knocks the last fighter off and thinks they've won, they can reveal themselves when the time limit is over and then Universe 4 will win due to having 2 fighters left, which would be more than any other universe at that point.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:37 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:There are still some OP characters yet to be revealed tho, like the bugs for instance.
My theory is that those two aren't very strong and Quitela is banking on their ability to remain hidden, so that when Jiren, Goku, or whoever knocks the last fighter off and thinks they've won, they can reveal themselves when the time limit is over and then Universe 4 will win due to having 2 fighters left, which would be more than any other universe at that point.
They seem to be making their debut soon, though. In order for this strategy to work they'd have to make sure that there are no universes left with more than one fighter by the end, so I'm guessing the bugs might have a more active role than just staying hidden.

Now that I think about it, maybe this won't be Gohan's arc either. They've been building him up since the ROF arc but there is no guarantee the TOP is where he'll have his big moment.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 am

Dyspo ran away from Final Form Frieza so I don't really consider him one of the top tier anymore. Hit should have finished him.

The Bugs are twins and Universe 7 also have a pair of twins so I don't think that is Gohan's fight.

I think Piccolo and Gohan will fight the Namekians and then they will probably fight Universe 3.
Michsi wrote:
They seem to be making their debut soon, though. In order for this strategy to work they'd have to make sure that there are no universes left with more than one fighter by the end, so I'm guessing the bugs might have a more active role than just staying hidden.

Now that I think about it, maybe this won't be Gohan's arc either. They've been building him up since the ROF arc but there is no guarantee the TOP is where he'll have his big moment.
Any building up from ROF was Toei trying to make Gohan fans excited as I doubt they knew about the Universal Survival arc back then. All the promotion could easily just be because he is returning to fighting.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:20 am

Michsi wrote:

Any building up from ROF was Toei trying to make Gohan fans excited as I doubt they knew about the Universal Survival arc back then. All the promotion could easily just be because he is returning to fighting.[/quote]

They didn't need to know the details of the TOP arc in order to get the subplot going. I don't think he'll be as relevant as Freeza in this arc, but I do believe he'll be getting one big solo fight at some point.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:01 am

Michsi wrote:They didn't need to know the details of the TOP arc in order to get the subplot going. I don't think he'll be as relevant as Freeza in this arc, but I do believe he'll be getting one big solo fight at some point.
He already had one

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:11 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Michsi wrote:They didn't need to know the details of the TOP arc in order to get the subplot going. I don't think he'll be as relevant as Freeza in this arc, but I do believe he'll be getting one big solo fight at some point.
He already had one

Against Obuni? Seemed a little lackluster and really didn't feel like it pushed him to his limits. Way too easy to count.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:12 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
He already had one
Yes against Obuni so he doesn't need another one especially when he is the one who wants to use teamwork
all the time.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 am

The longer this tournament goes on, the less likely I'm feeling that everyone in U7 has a big opponent they're 'booked' against. The closest we've had was Roshi and Ganos. Plus, they had been addressing his relationship to both Piccolo and Goku. My expectation right now is he's going to fight something with Goku, perhaps after Piccolo is gone. You know, the whole teamwork thing. Maybe Vegeta as well. Toei being Toei, they'll probably also give him some kind of psuedo-powerup, but he doesn't even need a 'strong' opponent to make that happen. Just someone who pushes him in the right way.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:43 am

I'm honestly wondering if it won't be most of U7 vs Jiren one by one in an almost Cell Games type scenario. Except obviously Jiren isn't evil
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I'm honestly wondering if it won't be most of U7 vs Jiren one by one in an almost Cell Games type scenario. Except obviously Jiren isn't evil
So, they would all attack him one at a time, or would they all be pre-occupied by stupid plot devices that came out of Jirens arse and be forced to fight him one on one anyway? :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:52 am

Vegeta and Toppo are the 2nd strongest characters of their universe yet their fight is taking a back seat to Goku's and that witch so even if there was someone left, it doesn't mean we'll see much of it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.