Is Toshio still going to write that Yamcha episode?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Is Toshio still going to write that Yamcha episode?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm

I haven't heard anything about him in a while I'm starting to think all that hype back in the ToP intermission was just so we can see him in FighterZ.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Is Toshio still going to write that Yamcha episode?

Post by Xeogran » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:06 pm

huh

I don't recall Toshio ever saying he wrote a Yamcha ep. I think you've got it wrong. At best he said he would love to, but that's just his wish and not guaranteed to happen.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:46 pm

After the TOP arc ends there will most likely be some peacetime filler eps on Earth. If Yamcha gets an episode it'll happen then.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Toshio wrote the baseball episode.

Though Yamcha did appear in some of his recruitment episodes, I'm not sure if he was referring to them.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:13 pm

He actually said "Yamcha's power is needed" which probably means nothing because he also said Tenshinhan would be "cool" in the tournament. :sick: Toshio obviously doesn't want to say, "Nope that character isn't going to amount to anything" to a fan of a character, but what he does say might actually be a bit worse since it evokes false hope. Yamcha (and everyone else) will probably get nothing and it'll just be a shit ton of Goku with a pinch of Vegeta as always. :thumbdown:

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:34 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:He actually said "Yamcha's power is needed" which probably means nothing because he also said Tenshinhan would be "cool" in the tournament. :sick: Toshio obviously doesn't want to say, "Nope that character isn't going to amount to anything" to a fan of a character, but what he does say might actually be a bit worse since it evokes false hope. Yamcha (and everyone else) will probably get nothing and it'll just be a shit ton of Goku with a pinch of Vegeta as always. :thumbdown:
The cool Tenshinhan moment was probably when he saved Roshi from The Preecho. I mean, Toshio tweeted right before that episode aired I think.

Or it could be Tenshinhan vs. Hermilla, which could be viewed as making him look cool, despite most of us not looking at it like that.

And to OP, he said wanted to write a Yamcha episode where he saved the Earth, not that he did write one.