Why didn't Zamasu ask Super Dragon Balls to body exchange with GP/Zeno?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Why didn't Zamasu ask Super Dragon Balls to body exchange with GP/Zeno?

Post by gofishus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 pm

This has always bothered me as a plot hole similar to why Ginyu never body changed with Frieza. If you body change - why always with Goku? Why not go even further beyond? Zamasu could have body changed with Grand Priest or Zeno right? Why didn't he do that?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Why didn't Zamasu ask Super Dragon Balls to body exchange with GP/Zeno?

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Zamasu wasn't a perfect character. He didn't think of switching bodies with someone higher simply because he only had Gokū on his mind at the time. It isn't necessarily a plot hole - read: writing flaw - so much as a character flaw - read: something in someone's characterization that lends to better believability, i.e. that they're not perfect - intentional or not.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:32 pm

gofishus wrote:This has always bothered me as a plot hole similar to why Ginyu never body changed with Frieza. If you body change - why always with Goku? Why not go even further beyond? Zamasu could have body changed with Grand Priest or Zeno right? Why didn't he do that?
Perhaps he wanted to punish the mortals with a mortal body. Even when he fused, he told Vegetto he wanted to carry the sins of the mortals in his own body, so that could be his mindset in the whole story.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:39 pm

For multiple reasons

1. They both are on a plane FAR higher than anything ANY set of Dragon Balls could effect. If Earth based Shenlong was afraid of Beerus then I'm sure The Golden Dragon would be absolutely frightened at the thought of doing anything that would Up set people of the upper plane like those two. And they could probably negate it if they wanted somehow.

2. It would be immediate Erasure/Death. Think about what would happen if Daishinkan suddenly morphed into Zamasu.. Zeno would know something was up and vice versa.. Remember.. it took a good while before Zamasu learned how gokus body worked.. he'd be killed almost immediately.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Zamasu is too vain to want to live in the katamari-style body of the Omni King. Gokû's way more aesthetically pleasing to Zamasu. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think Zamasu's concept of physical beauty is pretty mainstream.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:47 pm

gofishus wrote:This has always bothered me as a plot hole similar to why Ginyu never body changed with Frieza.
Why would Ginyu body change with Frieza? Ginyu is clearly very loyal to his master.

And Zamasu? He specifically explains that he switched with oku both out of his hatred for the man and because he wanted to cleanse the plague that is mortals with a mortal's body. It is his duty as a God to take on the sins of the universe himself to expel them.

"Mortals truly are foolish. Son Goku shall remain in my body? Exactly, that's my wish! Listen Saiyan... Listen, Son Goku. You are a mortal, yet you gained a power that surpasses even gods. You are the personification of the failure of the gods who created this universe! As such, by becoming one with Son Goku, I have taken on the sins of mortals and the failure of the gods in this body! This is truly the duty of a god. "

- Episode 66
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:50 pm

I think he was getting aroused by zenkais lol

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:51 pm

Kanassa wrote:
gofishus wrote:This has always bothered me as a plot hole similar to why Ginyu never body changed with Frieza.
Why would Ginyu body change with Frieza? Ginyu is clearly very loyal to his master.

And Zamasu? He specifically explains that he switched with oku both out of his hatred for the man and because he wanted to cleanse the plague that is mortals with a mortal's body. It is his duty as a God to take on the sins of the universe himself to expel them.

"Mortals truly are foolish. Son Goku shall remain in my body? Exactly, that's my wish! Listen Saiyan... Listen, Son Goku. You are a mortal, yet you gained a power that surpasses even gods. You are the personification of the failure of the gods who created this universe! As such, by becoming one with Son Goku, I have taken on the sins of mortals and the failure of the gods in this body! This is truly the duty of a god. "

- Episode 66
That still makes him a moron since he'll have to spend the rest of forever in fear of Zeno possibly doing something to him, like killing him. He does know Zeno WILL one day call for the GoDs and notice everythings dead as shit, right?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Sorry but, hey, why don't villains get the perfect plan and are without any kind of flaw so the entire Z crew and universes get erased and the series end lol

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:59 pm

A. Character's. Error. Or. Judgment. Is. Not. A. Plot. Hole. Stop. Misusing. This. Term.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:03 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:A. Character's. Error. Or. Judgment. Is. Not. A. Plot. Hole. Stop. Misusing. This. Term.
Says the guy who is misusing periods...

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:01 am

Zamasu wanted Gokuh’s body. Zamasu didn’t want Zenoh involved because it would have ended poorly. Zamasu was interested in Gokuh’s power in that he was able to surpass the Hakaishin and Shin needed his help to defeat Boo or he beat him in a sparring match. Watching Gokuh during the 6th Universe Arc set Zamasu off to get the Dragon Balls and want to seitch bodies with him.
Last edited by Meshack on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

- Episode 66
That still makes him a moron since he'll have to spend the rest of forever in fear of Zeno possibly doing something to him, like killing him. He does know Zeno WILL one day call for the GoDs and notice everythings dead as shit, right?
What if Zenoh never did? In the manga, Black and Zamasu were trying to keep things under wraps so Zenoh wouldn’t be involved. Who knows if he was going to have Daishinkan summon them?

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:05 am

gofishus wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:A. Character's. Error. Or. Judgment. Is. Not. A. Plot. Hole. Stop. Misusing. This. Term.
Says the guy who is misusing periods...
We all know the effect he's going for, he's emphasizing each word.
There's only so much you can do with text to imitate colloquialisms.
No need to act all high and mighty at someone making an intentional alteration.
:clap:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:25 am

Ginyu seemes to have respect for Freeza unlike the others who were most likely just afraid of him.

Zamasu either didn't know about them or didn't think it would work.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:26 am

sintzu wrote:Ginyu seemes to have respect for Freeza unlike the others who were most likely just afraid of him.

Zamasu either didn't know about them or didn't think it would work.
Zamasu was fully aware of Zenoh. Gowasu wanted Black to apologize to Zenoh but before that, Zamasu said things would have gotten worse if Zenoh was informed. He chose Gokuh’s body because of his power