Super Episode 116 (19 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 116 (19 November 2017)

Post by Draconic » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Great episode! Not much to talk about, as it's mostly just fighting and talking about stuff we already know or can deduce ourselves, but damn is the fighting impressive.

Ultra Instinct is just so amazing to watch in action. Basically everytime it does something, it's a highlight.

Kafla too was great. She was in way over her head, but I can't say she got out with a bad showing. That last resort energy burst was intense as hell. Good job in treating her right. Sad she didn't go Super Saiyan 3, though. Makes all that talk about it kinda pointless.

The U6 Kaioshin getting mad was pretty funny :lol:

Next episode looks cool. Ribrianne getting a new form is exciting. She really needs a good showing, cause she's pretty cool but hasn't done anything noteworthy yet. Rozie is awesome as well, so can't wait to see (the last of) her too! After losing my babies tonight, it's good there's still great gals to look forward too. Sad it's probably going to be 18's last episode tho... She really hasn't had her moment yet, so hopefully she gets something before falling out.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:51 pm

I just realised that the fight between Goku and the female U6 Saiyans is the longest fight we've had in Super since Goku vs Beerus all the way back in the BoG arc. They did a good job at keeping the momentum going with this fight. I don't recall feeling bored with what was happening on screen compared to Goku vs Beerus, where I wanted it to just end already. A lot happened in this fight. A bunch of Saiyan transformations, 2 v 1 fighting, fusion and Ultra Instinct appearing were all really fun to watch.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Cetra wrote:
Kishido wrote: Merged Zamasu was non eternal fusiok cuz of Black.

And manga version had even a time limit... so why not simply breaking them

And what is the point of a second nerf
Yes, he was eternal. The Zamasus in the anime were Kaioushin. And it needs at least one Kaioushin for it to be an eternal fusion.
What about manga Zamasu? He even showed that it ran off

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:54 pm

In the preview seems that U2 might be going out before Universe 6, Zirloin, Ranbara and Zarbuto fighting Goku isnt looking good for them. Rozie will lose to 17, leaving Brianne as the lone survivor.

Kefla is gone tonight and next week its 18 turn, at this rate we wont have anymore female fighters.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Draconic wrote:Great episode! Not much to talk about, as it's mostly just fighting and talking about stuff we already know or can deduce ourselves, but damn is the fighting impressive.

Ultra Instinct is just so amazing to watch in action. Basically everytime it does something, it's a highlight.

Kafla too was great. She was in way over her head, but I can't say she got out with a bad showing. That last resort energy burst was intense as hell. Good job in treating her right. Sad she didn't go Super Saiyan 3, though. Makes all that talk about it kinda pointless.

The U6 Kaioshin getting mad was pretty funny :lol:

Next episode looks cool. Ribrianne getting a new form is exciting. She really needs a good showing, cause she's pretty cool but hasn't done anything noteworthy yet. Rozie is awesome as well, so can't wait to see (the last of) her too! After losing my babies tonight, it's good there's still great gals to look forward too. Sad it's probably going to be 18's last episode tho... She really hasn't had her moment yet, so hopefully she gets something before falling out.
Indeed it is exciting to see what has been getting theories about is likely finally going to happen to Brianne and I am Greatly Looking forward to her New Form and how it looks! Rozie is an Amazing Character and it looks like she will get some cool moments next episode!

Caulifla and Kale gave it their all, as long as you go out at the Best you can be that is all you can ever ask of a fighter. Even if they are the Universe Teased to go in 118 they will nearly guarantied to come back, they have a bright future ahead of them!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 pm

Kishido wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Kishido wrote: Merged Zamasu was non eternal fusiok cuz of Black.

And manga version had even a time limit... so why not simply breaking them

And what is the point of a second nerf
Yes, he was eternal. The Zamasus in the anime were Kaioushin. And it needs at least one Kaioushin for it to be an eternal fusion.
I don't know what to tell you about the manga. The manga is not the anime. It does not have everything exactly the same. Just like Zamasu did not become the universe. So no problem with "why did they not just try to break his earrings instead of waiting an hour". The manga has a lot of different things.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 pm

Cetra wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Cetra wrote:
I don't know what to tell you about the manga. The manga is not the anime. It does not have everything exactly the same. Just like Zamasu did not become the universe. So no problem with "why did they not just try to break his earrings instead of waiting an hour". The manga has a lot of different things.
But some things are the same. So we will talk of the break rule will be there as well

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Another good episode, a bit talky in places.

They played the vocal song and half of it was used for Beerus and Champa talking which was a bit of a waste but the Kamehameha at the end was really cool.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:02 pm

That riding kamehameha dodge; GOku really is an airbender!

I like to think that this episode is a callback to episode 5 in many way, with Goku being Beerus this time
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Kishido wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Kishido wrote:
But some things are the same. So we will talk of the break rule will be there as well
But I cannot tell you that?! Toyble is not even there in the manga right now.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 pm

A fun episode. Glad Kafla is finally gone. Was getting real sick of her even when I kinda dug her at first. Not looking forward to next week though.

Ultra Instinct really is a highlight and I LOVE what they are doing with the form. Strain, Goku not mastering it Offensively yet, Goku only capable of using it defensively, awesome. Barely out and already waaaay better than the god forms.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 pm

I noticed a pattern for Caulifla and Kale's episodes. We get a lackluster episode then a great one, and repeat process. Here's another: if Caulifla and Kale aren't around to annoy, we get Ribrianne, and vice-versa. Anyways:

-Admittely, Kafla's power-up scenes were somewhat terrifying. Good that she still didn't surpass Goku. Other than that, I'm glad we're finally done with Caulifla and Kale.

-I don't like the way Beerus was drawn for this episode. That's about the only issue I have with an otherwise well-animated and good-looking episode.

-What an unfortunate end to Vegeta vs. Toppo. That fight had a lot of potential yet it was used for filler scenes. I hope that the U6 namekians get their big moment before they're out.

-I'm disliking how "Ultimate Battle" is becoming a recurring music track just like "Birth of a God", instead of being left for very crucial moments.

-First time I see U6's supreme kai getting angry.

Quotes:

-Zen-Oh referring to Goku: "He's going all bwaah! Bwaah!"
-Grand Priest: "Yes. He's going quite bwaah."

Anyways, I'm excited to see Rozie in action again. I wish Kakunsa wasn't kicked out of the tournament, but it is what it is. I got vibes that Ribrianne would blow herself up in front of 18 based on the preview, but others here say she's getting a new form, so I'll wait until next weekend.
Last edited by Torturephile on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Yeah, the GP mocking Zen-oh was gold :D

SuperHumanGod

Post by SuperHumanGod » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:15 pm

The end of the fight was pretty great, but the end of the episode was the biggest highlight. No more kefla/goku and hopefully for a while. Genuinely looking forward to rib and my boy, 17.
Jiren best new DBS character. Its done.
Fuck those awful U6 saiyans and their tingles too.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Chuquita wrote:Ahhh Gokû was so cool this week!
It's that steam heat you guys. :mrgreen:

Agree there were too many cutaways.
I'm relieved that this was Caulifla and Kale's finale. It was a good finale for them I think. Very flashy.

Looking forward to seeing the androids next week though. I really like how 17's dialogue bounces off Ribrianne so I'm happy that fight gets to resume after all.
I have to agree with you. This episode was still great and can't wait for Goku to master Ultra Instinct. Rating 9 out of 10
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Fantastic episode.

The fight between Goku and Kafla was great and major step up from last weeks initial uninspiring skirmish. The more I see of Ultra Instinct, the more I want this form to replace every other transformation that Goku has. Because Ultra Instinct is fucking awesome. Kafla was getting clowned by Ultra Instinct Goku and it was great to watch from start to finish.

I won't lie, Jiren stopping his meditating to take fight again got me hyped. I don't what it about this guy but he just... carries a certain mystique about him that you can't put your finger on, but you ultimately still want to see more of him. Jiren is such an intriguing enigma.

While I found Kafla fun to watch, she didn't really do anything noteworthy. She just didn't really that much of lasting impression when all was said and done. She didn't really have her "moment". Ya know, something that fans will remember her for and will always associate her with within Dragon Ball. Her performance in battle also left a bit to be desired.She put a good fight against (a fatigued) SSJG, SSJB and even Kaioken Blue Goku, but then got totally chumped by Ultra Instinct Goku. Kafla was truly Gotenks 2.0, when you get down it. She was nothing more than a flash-in-the-pan character, that was all sizzle and no stake, and basically existed for the sole purposes of producing a pretty fireworks show and to artificially extend the plot, before getting put in their place by the superior fighter. I don't think I'll be looking back on the character too fondly. That's not to say I thought she was a bad character. Just a bit to disposable of character, especially for a fused character, for my personal liking.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 pm

This has to be the most coolest Kamehameha in the history of dragon Ball.
    A fun episode with some of the best action,UI goku continue to be cool and i'm happy that they finally mention the moving without thinking with UI, really wish there wasn't that much cutaways.
      Sadly I really didn't care for Kefla, I will admit this her abilities were cool and her elemination was kinda shocking, I feel bad for Universe 6 and their future.
        The kaioshin of u6 getting mad was the best scene in this episode :lol: .
        Mostly active on discord.

precita
        Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Great fight, but there was way too much damn talking in the ep. I swear these eps have like 5 minutes of actual fighting and the other 17 minutes are characters just explaining things we already know about. :lol:

Kefla basically just felt like a powered up Caulifa, which is fine I suppose. I'm surprised the Saiyan girls are out this early. And yeah, those two Nameks better bet important given they saved them for last.

chickensguys
        Not-So-Newbie

Post by chickensguys » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Great Episode. Especially when Goku used his kamehameha to slide up the beam attack and launch it right in her FACE. It was amazing. Sadly the next episode looks god awful.

TheShadowEmperor8055
        Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:35 pm

The talking was annoying, but Ultra Instinct was once again impressive. All I needed to see was it do the job. :lol: He had a punch similar to Hit's invisible ki blast! :O And that mid-air dodge with the Kamehameha! :O And I just LOVED how they referenced Whis' words from way back in Vegeta's memory! Ultra Instinct for days. 8)