So at this point there's got to be some other powerful fighters left, right?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

So at this point there's got to be some other powerful fighters left, right?

Post by precita » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 pm

I mean at this point we're basically whittled it down to Jiren/Toppo/Dyspo being the only known 3 characters on Super Saiyan God level or higher.

Caulifa and Kale are out, Hit is gone, Ribrianne may not last much longer even if she gets a new form, and then there's the two Nameks but who knows how long they'll last. Then everyone else we've seen so far like those robots or the comic relief guys just seem like throwaway characters for humor or jobbers.

A while back I made a "Predict the last 10 fighters" in the tournament, but now I feel like it's going to be hard to figure it out.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: So at this point there's got to be some other powerful fighters left, right?

Post by Zagacious » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 pm

I hope so and I'll be pleasantly surprised if there are, but I doubt it. There will be some mid level people giving the Androids a tough time next episode, but I guarantee 17 will stomp in the end. Piccolo and/or Gohan will fight the Namekians, but I doubt they're anything special. I have some minor suspicions about Piccolo fusing with them but I honestly doubt it. We need a full episode of Vegeta fighting with Toppo, but I don't think they could find ways to make it interesting and I doubt they'll do it. Now it's just going to be fodder fights for the most part until Goku is rested up enough to fight Jiren again.

A lot of episodes in this tournament kind of 'hint' at building up to something bigger for certain characters, and then nothing really happens. Although I suspect Frieza is going to do something big involving Goku/Jiren and Ultra Instinct toward the end, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't use him at all, which would be a tremendous waste of what he could have done in this tournament.

I would really like to see Gohan Vegeta and Piccolo do more, they've barely done jack s*** all tournament, come to think of neither has Frieza.. Vegeta had a few moments but most of them were not important at all, except helping Roshi a bit.

Bullza
Banned

Re: So at this point there's got to be some other powerful fighters left, right?

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Going by the last episode, there's gotta be someone from Universe 3 and Universe 4 because their God's didn't seem too concerned by Kefla at all. So I would guess

Android 17 and 18 will have their big fight next episode against the remainder of Universe 2.

Gohan and Piccolo will have their big fight against the Namekians to finish off Universe 6.

Goku will obviously have his rematch with Jiren.

Vegeta will have his fight with Toppo.

Frieza will fight maybe Dyspo or the main guy from Universe 4, Damom perhaps.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:32 pm

I have a Very High Belief Brianne/Ribrianne will Be one of the Next Major Powerhouses by the end of Episode 117 and go onto the Final 10! :thumbup:

GO BRIANNE! :clap:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:12 am

Her new Transformation has me excited. So glad the preview didn't spoil it.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:39 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:I have a Very High Belief Brianne/Ribrianne will Be one of the Next Major Powerhouses by the end of Episode 117 and go onto the Final 10! :thumbup:

Transformation!!!! You think she's using Rozie and Kakunsa's power perhaps?
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:13 pm

I'm sure there are still several strong characters remaining that Super is saving for a big reveal.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:28 pm

I think it's clear that at this point of the tournament the only major players left are U7 fighters, the Pride Troopers, Ribrianne and very probably U4 bugs. Maybe U3 robots will also do something notable but I doubt it.
There are 17 minutes left, if each episode 2 minutes pass I could see episode 118 ending with a universe erased (probably U6) and 13-14 minutes left. Then there's episode 119 which is about Universe 4, at which point there will be about 11-12 minutes left. Later U3 will get the focus, if it happens in 120 it will be around 10 minutes left according to my estimations.
The last 10 minutes will be where the real fighting happens. I can see the Pride Troopers, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza, 17, Ribrianne and U4 bugs making it that far.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:03 pm

BWri wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I have a Very High Belief Brianne/Ribrianne will Be one of the Next Major Powerhouses by the end of Episode 117 and go onto the Final 10! :thumbup:

Transformation!!!! You think she's using Rozie and Kakunsa's power perhaps?
We Now have More Certainty on a Confirmation of this Happening BWri in the Below Image that was provided by ArchedThunder, Thanks for that!

I was You BWri, Me, Big Chief, Spider-Man, Chuquita and others that had been Predicting and Call that this would Happen, A Transformation to a Mega Form!

That Brianne was following closely with the Magical Girl/Sailor Moon Hero Journey ideal and that this was coming down the line. That Toei was Teasing at it more and more. Some said no way that would happen to Ribrianne, that she would not have that Arc ~~~~~~~ But if all of this is Right then Who Called it?! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I am not sure where Brianne will gain the power from to do this, my best Theory is either:

1.) It will be during a Dark Time when Rozie and/or others of U2 are getting Ringed-Out and it causes her to dig deep into her very being and for the love of her Friends and Home to believe in her Love Power to save them all!

2.) This, but going with your Points, she gets a un-expected fusion of energy of Love and Friendship from her Teammates that believe in her. Short of Like a Genki-Dama for Brianne but instead of going into an Attack it goes into powering her-up. It a way it is like Super/Butterfly Ribrianne, but allot more powerful and allot more coming from everyone and not just her 2 friends Rozie and Kakunsa.

Both I would like to see cause it would add Greatly to Brianne's character arc and what she cares for the Most!

Also it would hit on the Theme many Fans have been asking characters in the ToP to address ~~~~~ REALIZING the Stakes if you Lose and what you are fighting for and addressing that as what drives you! :wink:

We have to wait and see where this Goes and if it Goes this way, I ALWAYS encourage Cautious Optimism, but Right now allot of :arrow: 's are pointing towards Eternal Epic Brianne being Born!
My #1 in DB!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Xeogran wrote:Her new Transformation has me excited. So glad the preview didn't spoil it.
Indeed I am Glad you are excited too Xeogran and indeed glad too they did not tease its look or give it away, it adds to the mythos of what it will look like!

That is the other Major Question beside her Power Level~~~~~ What will her new Transformed state look like?! :think: :think: :think:

We know a Fusion looks like a combo of the 2 characters, but a Magical Girl Transformation is on a Whole Different Level of Unique and Original Looking!

It has me excited in speculating what Brianne will indeed look like! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
My #1 in DB!

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Ribrianne getting a new form is probably going to be her finally showing why she's been mentioned on the same page as Kale as Jiren.

There's the U4 bugs, which even if they aren't God tier, might have abillities to put those who are in danger.

The U3 Megazord seems more likely to be true with every scene that Universe gets.
I also think we haven't seen the last of Katosepla. I imagine the guy will have at least two or three more settings other than the speed one.

We're certainly far from over. I don't think the problem right now is the lack of worthwhile fighters, but the fact we won't get to see an all out brawl between them. If Kafla is any indication, they will all get focus but get ringed out before the final stretch.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Maybe, MAYBE Biarra, since he was confident on taking on both Toppo and Dyspo.
But I doubt it, since he's not even a crucial fighter for U3 according to the magazines.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 am

precita wrote:I mean at this point we're basically whittled it down to Jiren/Toppo/Dyspo being the only known 3 characters on Super Saiyan God level or higher.

Caulifa and Kale are out, Hit is gone, Ribrianne may not last much longer even if she gets a new form, and then there's the two Nameks but who knows how long they'll last. Then everyone else we've seen so far like those robots or the comic relief guys just seem like throwaway characters for humor or jobbers.

A while back I made a "Predict the last 10 fighters" in the tournament, but now I feel like it's going to be hard to figure it out.
I think that is good for us not being able to predict what is going to happen. There are still problems with that though. There isn't many people left who can match up with our guys and lower their numbers. That way it can really make the last 10 minutes count if Universe 7 had only 3 or 4 fighters left.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:24 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm sure there are still several strong characters remaining that Super is saving for a big reveal.
That could be true, but we don't really know until it happens.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:41 am

Yeah and that's one of the reasons why the ToP sucks. The humans are out, there is no reason why we should have fighters weaker than the base sayains. It's worrying to see Zirloin challenge a tired base goku with Rabanara and Zarbuto, because it pretty much means he'a fodder and I was hoping he wouldn't be.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:20 am

There are a few left that may surprise us, but I think on the whole we're at the point where it's just the Pride Troopers left as credible threats.

I'm still hopeful for a couple. Ribrianne might finally get her due next episode after months of accomplishing nothing despite her screen-time. Next ep will also make or break Katopesra. I'm not expecting much from him if he's going after Vegeta, but he's challenged so many powerful characters he's got to be either secretly formidable or a total joke.

Same goes for Saonel and Pirina, except it's more tragic for them. Either they'll be the unexpected wild cards that manage to keep Universe 6 in the game, or they're the last dying gasp prolonging the inevitable now all the powerful (and characterised) fighters are gone. They were doing alright against Gohan and Piccolo, which unfortunately doesn't amount to much given Goku, Vegeta and Freeza are stronger still.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 am

Others have already listed the top candidates. I personally don't have too much interest in the next episode but who can say for certain what'll happen. Ribrianne has been used as a haphazard comical stunt piece for the last few episodes she's appeared in. If she survives 117 somehow then it's possible her fight with the cyborgs could continue into a later episode or two with it ultimately culminating in her elimination at the hands of #17.

The fact Saonel and Pirina are being entrusted with the hope of the sixth universe now lends me some hope that they'll receive spotlight soon. Will it be anything significant? Maybe, maybe not. I want it to amount to something very much, but we don't know yet. It still kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Piccolo is having to share what may be his topmost spectacle of the tournament with another character when Goku was permitted to have a multi-episode long high budget fight with opposing Saiyans from U6.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 am

I think the android/Ribrienne business will happen, then Goku vs transformed Ribrienne that will eat up seven minutes of tournament, then they'll go straight into Goku vs Jiren for the next ten minutes of the ToP. Vegeta will not fight Toppo. He along with everyone else will do nothing but be blown out of the ring by Jiren's true power. From the peanut gallery they will spend the rest of the Top in awe and commenting on Goku and Jiren's amazing power and "epic" fight.

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Draconic wrote:We're certainly far from over. I don't think the problem right now is the lack of worthwhile fighters, but the fact we won't get to see an all out brawl between them. If Kafla is any indication, they will all get focus but get ringed out before the final stretch.
Only Dragon Ball can take the premise of an all out battle royale and reduce it to a series of 1v1, 1v2, or 2v2 skirmishes. I'm mostly joking, but there's a lot of truth in that statement.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I was You BWri, Me, Big Chief, Spider-Man, Chuquita and others that had been Predicting and Call that this would Happen, A Transformation to a Mega Form!

That Brianne was following closely with the Magical Girl/Sailor Moon Hero Journey ideal and that this was coming down the line. That Toei was Teasing at it more and more. Some said no way that would happen to Ribrianne, that she would not have that Arc ~~~~~~~ But if all of this is Right then Who Called it?! :wink: :wink: :wink:
It was easy to see that they were saving her for something. Since she's a magical girl in a show emphasizing transformations, it only makes sense that she'd have at least some new form.
I am not sure where Brianne will gain the power from to do this, my best Theory is either:

1.) It will be during a Dark Time when Rozie and/or others of U2 are getting Ringed-Out and it causes her to dig deep into her very being and for the love of her Friends and Home to believe in her Love Power to save them all!

2.) This, but going with your Points, she gets a un-expected fusion of energy of Love and Friendship from her Teammates that believe in her. Short of Like a Genki-Dama for Brianne but instead of going into an Attack it goes into powering her-up. It a way it is like Super/Butterfly Ribrianne, but allot more powerful and allot more coming from everyone and not just her 2 friends Rozie and Kakunsa.

Both I would like to see cause it would add Greatly to Brianne's character arc and what she cares for the Most!
I'm thinking #2 due to how some shows with transformations work (like some of the Digimon seasons). A lot of time ally characters surrender their power to the main protagonists or dual protagonists so that they may achieve a further more powerful form, such as Digimon Season 4.
Also it would hit on the Theme many Fans have been asking characters in the ToP to address ~~~~~ REALIZING the Stakes if you Lose and what you are fighting for and addressing that as what drives you! :wink:

We have to wait and see where this Goes and if it Goes this way, I ALWAYS encourage Cautious Optimism, but Right now allot of :arrow: 's are pointing towards Eternal Epic Brianne being Born!
Oh, I'm definitely optimistic, especially now that more spotlight can be put on other characters. I'm actually interested in all the remaining characters for some reason or another, so hopefully the writers utilize everyone to their fullest extent, including a rad transformation for Ribrianne and a good fight and motive for her and Rozie.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:58 pm

TBMx wrote:I think the android/Ribrienne business will happen, then Goku vs transformed Ribrienne that will eat up seven minutes of tournament, then they'll go straight into Goku vs Jiren for the next ten minutes of the ToP. Vegeta will not fight Toppo. He along with everyone else will do nothing but be blown out of the ring by Jiren's true power. From the peanut gallery they will spend the rest of the Top in awe and commenting on Goku and Jiren's amazing power and "epic" fight.
:shock: Please! Don't even joke like that. This thing has to last until March and at the very least, I'd like other characters to get some USEFUL screentime.