So at this point there's got to be some other powerful fighters left, right?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: So at this point there's got to be some other powerful fighters left, right?

Post by TBMx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:30 pm

BWri wrote:
TBMx wrote:I think the android/Ribrienne business will happen, then Goku vs transformed Ribrienne that will eat up seven minutes of tournament, then they'll go straight into Goku vs Jiren for the next ten minutes of the ToP. Vegeta will not fight Toppo. He along with everyone else will do nothing but be blown out of the ring by Jiren's true power. From the peanut gallery they will spend the rest of the Top in awe and commenting on Goku and Jiren's amazing power and "epic" fight.
:shock: Please! Don't even joke like that. This thing has to last until March and at the very least, I'd like other characters to get some USEFUL screentime.
March isn't that far away when you think about it. 4 episodes a month, one more this month, so that's just 13 episodes until the beginning of March. Goku vs Kefla took 3 episodes, and it seems they're once again going to follow Goku's recovery back to UI, so lets knock off the same time it took him to do that last tme, 3 episodes. Goku vs Jiren as the big finale would have 10 episodes devoted to it. I could easily see that happening. Bear in mind a lot of each episode will consist of everybody's reactions and commentary, and Goku and Jiren just staring at each other. This is assuming they take no more weeks off, because then it could be 9 episodes devoted to Goku vs Jiren. If you knock off one for the ToP conclusion ceremony it could be 8.

How I see it going down, just based on how their writing has been so far: While everyone is blown out, Goku will be completely unaffected and will stare at Jiren and maybe smirk a bit. Frieza's plan will be to find the super dragonballs after the tournament and make a wish in secret. Now eliminated, everyone will be on screen, only to marvel in awe on Goku's fight. So that would be U7, U4, the grand priest, Zenos and the four universes that were exempt, to commentate.

The reason for this is they'll want to put all their budget into the one fight. Second they need to top Jirens explosive reversal of the spirit bomb to convince us that he's using his true power now and the only way to do that is to have everyone blown out.

There also isn't many strong fighters left anyway, most are from U7, so to immediately up the tension, and make it all up to Goku, they'll eliminate everyone.

Because the ToP is starting to drag already, they won't go into devoting whole episodes into every single U7 fighters elimination and seeing everyone else in the ToP go one by one.
Last edited by TBMx on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: So at this point there's got to be some other powerful fighters left, right?

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:36 pm

So we gotta get to March, right?

That's 15 weeks at bare minimum. (Good gravy this is a long arc!) :crazy:

Anyway, presuming Jiren gets a longer fight than Kalefla did vs Gokû that means at least 5 of that 15 is devoted to that. One episode after that dedicated to the wish the way they did in the Champa arc.

This coming weekend is Ribrianne, the next weekend somebody gets their universe erased, weekend after that is a Uni 4 episode.

That's 9 weeks of possibly 15 in theory, so the other six weeks...

There's so many Uni 3 guys left, I say two of the six go to them, 1 more for each 2 and 4. Maybe 1 episode to wrap up Vegeta vs Toppo and one episode to wrap up Gohan and Piccolo vs the Uni 6 namekians. I dunno. I could be wrong. This is all theory.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Toonami1998

Post by Toonami1998 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Ribrianne is going to get a power up that will force beerus to use the earrings on 17 and 18 since they hinted at them being compatible, we will get android 35 out of it which will be insane. Also, I do have a feeling Piccolo will merge with the Namekians which will save universe 6 from destruction for the time being. U4 definitely has something up there sleeve, also the mech universe. Should be quite entertaining these last few episodes.

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:05 am

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Ribrianne turned out to be more than just a frankly annoying (at least, in my opinion) gag character, and did achieve some kind of new form, perhaps something more akin to her regular appearance. To be honest, I haven't actually seen her do much asides from preach about love, but I'd be willing to give her a shot if she got a more interesting (and appealing) transformation.

To be honest, I'm not expecting much of the namekians; Piccolo stomped one of their arms off like it was nothing - not exactly a good sign if we're expecting to be seeing things from them. It would, of course, be interesting if Piccolo fused with them (and I'm still holding out for him to get a Namekian God transformation), but I'm not sure it would get the screentime it properly deserves given how far into the arc we are already (though, if the Tournament of Power is going ahead into early next year, there might be some time to give it a proper showing).

As for Dsypo and Toppo, well, I'm expecting the latter to go down at Vegeta's hands. Dsypo on the other hand? Well he might be able to fight Androids 17 and 18 (or perhaps a fusion of the two), but I'm not expecting things to go well for him - with 17's power, I feel that he will be severely outclassed. That could leave for the Androids and their fusion to possibly square up against Jiren, but we all know how that will go.

At this stage, the main fight I'm hoping to see will be a tag team between Goku and Frieza facing up against Jiren, like in the Dragon Ball Heroes trailer; that'd be a little more interesting of a way to finish up the arc than simply Goku 1v1ing the big bad, ala most other arcs (bar a handful I can count on one hand).
"I think we're gonna play with the cosmic space dragon. He's funny, but he needs better manners."

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:49 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
BWri wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I have a Very High Belief Brianne/Ribrianne will Be one of the Next Major Powerhouses by the end of Episode 117 and go onto the Final 10! :thumbup:

GO BRIANNE! :clap:

Transformation!!!! You think she's using Rozie and Kakunsa's power perhaps?
We Now have More Certainty on a Confirmation of this Happening BWri in the Below Image that was provided by ArchedThunder, Thanks for that!

I was You BWri, Me, Big Chief, Spider-Man, Chuquita and others that had been Predicting and Call that this would Happen, A Transformation to a Mega Form!

That Brianne was following closely with the Magical Girl/Sailor Moon Hero Journey ideal and that this was coming down the line. That Toei was Teasing at it more and more. Some said no way that would happen to Ribrianne, that she would not have that Arc ~~~~~~~ But if all of this is Right then Who Called it?! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I am not sure where Brianne will gain the power from to do this, my best Theory is either:

1.) It will be during a Dark Time when Rozie and/or others of U2 are getting Ringed-Out and it causes her to dig deep into her very being and for the love of her Friends and Home to believe in her Love Power to save them all!

2.) This, but going with your Points, she gets a un-expected fusion of energy of Love and Friendship from her Teammates that believe in her. Short of Like a Genki-Dama for Brianne but instead of going into an Attack it goes into powering her-up. It a way it is like Super/Butterfly Ribrianne, but allot more powerful and allot more coming from everyone and not just her 2 friends Rozie and Kakunsa.

Both I would like to see cause it would add Greatly to Brianne's character arc and what she cares for the Most!

Also it would hit on the Theme many Fans have been asking characters in the ToP to address ~~~~~ REALIZING the Stakes if you Lose and what you are fighting for and addressing that as what drives you! :wink:

We have to wait and see where this Goes and if it Goes this way, I ALWAYS encourage Cautious Optimism, but Right now allot of :arrow: 's are pointing towards Eternal Epic Brianne being Born!
Your enthusiasm strangely has me somewhat excited for this, though I wouldn't normally be. Hope she becomes more of a threat in her new form because so far she hasn't been all too impressive. Also hope she doesn't get knocked out the same episode she transforms since that'd be pretty damn lame.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Xeogran wrote:Her new Transformation has me excited. So glad the preview didn't spoil it.
Lol i feel like the preview images is going to spoil it.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Her new Transformation has me excited. So glad the preview didn't spoil it.
Lol i feel like the preview images is going to spoil it.
:lol: :lol: I certainly Hope not, while I want to see Brianne's New Transformed Look Badly I rather it be not spoiled until the time comes when it happens in the episode! Hopefully the preview images just give teases at worst. :wink:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:32 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
BWri wrote: Transformation!!!! You think she's using Rozie and Kakunsa's power perhaps?
We Now have More Certainty on a Confirmation of this Happening BWri in the Below Image that was provided by ArchedThunder, Thanks for that!

I was You BWri, Me, Big Chief, Spider-Man, Chuquita and others that had been Predicting and Call that this would Happen, A Transformation to a Mega Form!

That Brianne was following closely with the Magical Girl/Sailor Moon Hero Journey ideal and that this was coming down the line. That Toei was Teasing at it more and more. Some said no way that would happen to Ribrianne, that she would not have that Arc ~~~~~~~ But if all of this is Right then Who Called it?! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I am not sure where Brianne will gain the power from to do this, my best Theory is either:

1.) It will be during a Dark Time when Rozie and/or others of U2 are getting Ringed-Out and it causes her to dig deep into her very being and for the love of her Friends and Home to believe in her Love Power to save them all!

2.) This, but going with your Points, she gets a un-expected fusion of energy of Love and Friendship from her Teammates that believe in her. Short of Like a Genki-Dama for Brianne but instead of going into an Attack it goes into powering her-up. It a way it is like Super/Butterfly Ribrianne, but allot more powerful and allot more coming from everyone and not just her 2 friends Rozie and Kakunsa.

Both I would like to see cause it would add Greatly to Brianne's character arc and what she cares for the Most!

Also it would hit on the Theme many Fans have been asking characters in the ToP to address ~~~~~ REALIZING the Stakes if you Lose and what you are fighting for and addressing that as what drives you! :wink:

We have to wait and see where this Goes and if it Goes this way, I ALWAYS encourage Cautious Optimism, but Right now allot of :arrow: 's are pointing towards Eternal Epic Brianne being Born!
Your enthusiasm strangely has me somewhat excited for this, though I wouldn't normally be. Hope she becomes more of a threat in her new form because so far she hasn't been all too impressive. Also hope she doesn't get knocked out the same episode she transforms since that'd be pretty damn lame.
I it amazing how much allittle positive can go along way does it not?! :wink:

Indeed thanks, impressive it had a positive effect, but is really all what is one of my main cares here, to give a positive outlook towards Brianne and her friends!

Now I still ALWAYS Stress Cautious Optimism, their can always be a cop-out, a twist to say something big but it really is not blah, blah, blah. But honestly I don't think Toei is that way, they would not spend all this time on her character to make it a quick non-impressive deal by some form. They also have to keep this ToP going for a good while longer and add real drama and their are not many characters left that are believable to do that.

Also it be horrible and out of nowhere lame storytelling.

So by the honor to telling stories right, that is why the Hype and Enthusiasm is real while still being Cautious for the unexpected. :idea:
My #1 in DB!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:38 am

Ribrianne won't make it out of episode 117 as she has had enough screen time as they have more important characters to give screen time.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:16 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Ribrianne won't make it out of episode 117 as she has had enough screen time as they have more important characters to give screen time.
I guess you and me are the Ying and Yang in this story element! :lol:

It’s still all theory at this point, but as it was already said in V-Jump a few months ago Brianne was One of three to watch out for. The others being Jiren and Kale. Also the flow of how Toei is doing her story and how they have spent a decent amount of time developing her slowly, Brianne is one of the most likely ones to be a major final player in the ToP by both how Toei has promoted and developed her!

Again a twist can happen, I highly encourage Cautious Optimism, but it would have to be a WAY out of left field story point for her to go in 117, so as of now I just can’t see it and if so it can really hurt the story IMO.

We will see soon, but as always;

GO BRIANNE!!! :D
My #1 in DB!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:00 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Ribrianne won't make it out of episode 117 as she has had enough screen time as they have more important characters to give screen time.

It’s still all theory at this point, but as it was already said in V-Jump a few months ago Brianne was One of three to watch out for. The others being Jiren and Kale. Also the flow of how Toei is doing her story and how they have spent a decent amount of time developing her slowly, Brianne is one of the most likely ones to be a major final player in the ToP by both how Toei has promoted and developed her!

Again a twist can happen, I highly encourage Cautious Optimism, but it would have to be a WAY out of left field story point for her to go in 117, so as of now I just can’t see it and if so it can really hurt the story IMO.

The biggest reason why I want Ribrianne to losr is so that Saonel and Pilina might make it out of episode 118 still in the tournament as we know at least 1 Universe will go in that episode.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:56 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

The biggest reason why I want Ribrianne to losr is so that Saonel and Pilina might make it out of episode 118 still in the tournament as we know at least 1 Universe will go in that episode.
Understandable, I don't want to see them go either, I want the Namekians to be Important in this as well. But I rather not see it at the expense of another. I keep hoping 118 is a play on words and not the destruction we are told will be, but that is unlikely. Whatever happens will happen in the story, but I be sad whoever goes and if that is the Namekins and U6 I will not be happy about it either, Toei should have thought threw more what they could do with them if that comes to pass.

But we have to wait and see, maybe their will be something good, whether they go or not, it is too early to tell.
My #1 in DB!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:08 pm

BWri wrote:
Draconic wrote:We're certainly far from over. I don't think the problem right now is the lack of worthwhile fighters, but the fact we won't get to see an all out brawl between them. If Kafla is any indication, they will all get focus but get ringed out before the final stretch.
Only Dragon Ball can take the premise of an all out battle royale and reduce it to a series of 1v1, 1v2, or 2v2 skirmishes. I'm mostly joking, but there's a lot of truth in that statement.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I was You BWri, Me, Big Chief, Spider-Man, Chuquita and others that had been Predicting and Call that this would Happen, A Transformation to a Mega Form!

It was easy to see that they were saving her for something. Since she's a magical girl in a show emphasizing transformations, it only makes sense that she'd have at least some new form.

I'm thinking #2 due to how some shows with transformations work (like some of the Digimon seasons). A lot of time ally characters surrender their power to the main protagonists or dual protagonists so that they may achieve a further more powerful form, such as Digimon Season 4.

Oh, I'm definitely optimistic, especially now that more spotlight can be put on other characters. I'm actually interested in all the remaining characters for some reason or another, so hopefully the writers utilize everyone to their fullest extent, including a rad transformation for Ribrianne and a good fight and motive for her and Rozie.
Indeed BWri, one of the most interesting things that I am looking forward to in episode 117 is the positive unexpected.

I think and I hope as you say, we might get positives out of Rozie that even if she is not a match for 17, not only will she put up a good fight but give a good show of power and that of a speech of who she is and what her Universe means to her. Again U2 and U7 are all composed of Good Guys, Heroes(Minus Frieza), so an ideal of them getting to know each other even in the middle of battle and showing their Spirit of what they care for would be a thing of complete beauty for Rozie to be shown for her!

The Giving of power too, like Digimon or like those classic moments in Sailor Moon would bring the epic levels to beyond 11! It would give a sense of scoop and depth of what this moment means to U2 and how much they believe in Brianne. Brianne is their champion, so it make sense such an emotional and moving moment would be centered for her to carry their torch of power and love into battle.

Their is much to look forward to, again being Cautiously Optimistic, being ready for the Bad and Disspointing as well as the good. But I feel we will get more good for U2 and Brianne out of 117 then we have come to imagine.

This is going to a pivital moment for U2, Brianne and the ToP as a whole IMO. The Make-Up of how it all looks now will greatly change when 117 happen. We just got to wait to see what it looks like and cross that bridge when we get to it.
My #1 in DB!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:05 am

LOL.

At this point the Nameks seem decently powerful but they're going down in 1 ep, so all that's left is possibly the bugs. All the robot guys are already weak as hell unless they all fuse or something.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:45 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Maybe, MAYBE Biarra, since he was confident on taking on both Toppo and Dyspo.
But I doubt it, since he's not even a crucial fighter for U3 according to the magazines.
Here you go.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:58 am

At this point, there's absolutely no one who can match or surpass the strength of U7, aside from Jiren. If the U3 robots could do something important, they'd be shown beating a few characters by now. One of the machine-guys was owned OFF SCREEN by Vegeta, while the other - Katoblepas, I think? was completely disregarded by both Vegeta and Frieza.

So what does that mean? It means that only Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo are legitimate threats.

Dyspo is shit. The guy was scared shitless of vanilla Frieza, so I don't see him competing with Golden or Blue forms. He may inconvenience Piccolo and the androids, but that's about it.

Toppo is a solid enemy, but I don't see him overpowering the U7 powerhouses now.

Jiren will probably eliminate 80% of the U7 fighters, either in one move, or 1-2 characters per episode. I definitely see him eliminating Gohan, Vegeta, 17 and Frieza (if he doesn't use Goku in some way to do his dirty work). Piccolo (if he survives U6's swan song) and 18 may be eliminated by someone else, 18 in particular seems to be struggling with injuries and fatigue (rolls eyes at canon), so I don't see her fighting Jiren.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:37 pm

I didn't realize how little fighters were actually left outside the 3 Pride Troopers.

All the robots were already shown on-screen getting beaten up easily in various episodes. The last 3 U2 fighters seem like jobbers for a tired Goku to take care of. All that's left aside of that is two bugs and the little blue Chiaotzu looking guy. And that's it.

I mean...that's literally all that's left. Wow.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:25 pm

Shantsa will wreck the competition.

Or everyone forgets about him and he wins by doing absolutely nothing :thumbup:

BWri

Post by BWri » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:54 am

Xeogran wrote:Shantsa will wreck the competition.

Or everyone forgets about him and he wins by doing absolutely nothing :thumbup:
Shantsa is Quitela's true weapon. It's why he's so confident even after seeing Jiren's power and fusion. Shantsa will transcend God Ki and will surpass gods and angels.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-