Is Hit really eliminated?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Is Hit really eliminated?

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Hit is eliminated and fans need to get over it.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm

HeroR wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Bullza wrote:If it were straightforward then it would be predictable, which this series is anything but.
But, isn't that one of the biggest criticisms of the show?
Whatever wrote: Actually those things are straightforward,people just overcomplicate things for no reason and look for hints in everything,this is just another stupid theory people made.

No people,Gohan did not lie or was training or was going to replace Buu during the U6 tournament,he had a conference to attend to like he said.
No,Goten is not Goku Black,he is Goku Black like the characters in the show are calling him,not Goten Black.
No,Gohan is not going to rage and kill/defeat Hit because of his father's death at his hands.
No,Vegeta is not hiding any transformation he just overestimates himself like usual.
No,*insert another crazy nonsense theory people made*
My personal favourite happened way back in #33 when people were speculating that Goku lost to Frost on purpose because he winked at him.
Super isn’t that predictable. In fact, people say the opposite. Like everyone was shocked that Goku vs. Jiren happened ‘so soon’ or that UI wasn’t a rage boost form.
It's predictable enough. U7 will win the tournament, Goku will be the last or one of the last fighters standing. Vegeta is never going to surpass Goku. Gohan will never surpass Goku. Yamcha and Tien and Krillin will all stay irrelevant. I mean even Ultra Instinct - sure its not a rage boost form but did anyone doubt that it was going to happen to anyone else but Goku? He always gets the new transformations (SSJ2 Gohan barred - that was one of my favorite segments because finally someone other than Goku was the most powerful). Like we knew Gohan wouldn't get Ultra Instinct. We know Vegeta wouldn't get it. Of course its always Goku. This is predictable. The only unpredictable character (and the one that a lot of fans are intrigued by) during this tournament is Frieza and we need more characters like that.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:12 pm

gofishus wrote:
It's predictable enough. U7 will win the tournament, Goku will be the last or one of the last fighters standing. Vegeta is never going to surpass Goku. Gohan will never surpass Goku. Yamcha and Tien and Krillin will all stay irrelevant. I mean even Ultra Instinct - sure its not a rage boost form but did anyone doubt that it was going to happen to anyone else but Goku? He always gets the new transformations (SSJ2 Gohan barred - that was one of my favorite segments because finally someone other than Goku was the most powerful). Like we knew Gohan wouldn't get Ultra Instinct. We know Vegeta wouldn't get it. Of course its always Goku. This is predictable. The only unpredictable character (and the one that a lot of fans are intrigued by) during this tournament is Frieza and we need more characters like that.
There is a lot of assumption here.

Goku didn’t win the last tourument for his team and the heroes lost against Zamasu.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 pm

I couldn't believe this thread was a thing when I first read it. But it is.

Believe me, I really love Hit as much as the next guy, but what is done is done. Hit. Is. Done. Finished. Finito. No more. Eliminated.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:41 pm

You noobs the real tinfoil is in thinking that Tenshinhan still has multi form duplicates hiding in the arena.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Guys is Majin Buu really eliminated? Maybe he's been in the tournament all along and we just didn't notice him.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Hit is eliminated, there's no suspense here. Also U6 might be erased very soon, I will miss Champa
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm

gofishus wrote:It's predictable enough. U7 will win the tournament, Goku will be the last or one of the last fighters standing. Vegeta is never going to surpass Goku. Gohan will never surpass Goku. Yamcha and Tien and Krillin will all stay irrelevant. I mean even Ultra Instinct - sure its not a rage boost form but did anyone doubt that it was going to happen to anyone else but Goku? He always gets the new transformations (SSJ2 Gohan barred - that was one of my favorite segments because finally someone other than Goku was the most powerful). Like we knew Gohan wouldn't get Ultra Instinct. We know Vegeta wouldn't get it. Of course its always Goku. This is predictable. The only unpredictable character (and the one that a lot of fans are intrigued by) during this tournament is Frieza and we need more characters like that.
Nobody knows what's going happen. The whole show is unpredictable. Nobody predicted...

- A Tournament between Universe 6 and 7 coming.

- That Whis wasn't actually the #1 fighter but another character entirety, Monaka.

- That Buu would fall asleep.

- That Goku would fight first, then lose then come back in.

- The correct order and wins of the Tournament.

- Hits abilities.

- Goku jumping out the ring, then Hit doing the same.

- Most didn't know if Monaka was really a weakling or not.

- That Trunks was going to come back and we'd get a story about an evil Goku.

- Super Saiyan Rose.

- Most had no idea what was actually going on with Black's identity.

- That Trunks would actually be the one to kill Zamasu.

- That Master Roshi would be part of the Team.

- That Buu would fall asleep last minute and Frieza would replace him.

- Most didn't think Krillin would be the first to go.

- Nobody correctly predicted what Goku's new form was.

- That he would fight Jiren so early.

- That Hit would be eliminated so early.

- Nobody saw Kale and Caulifla fusing.

And so on. It is one of the most unpredictable shonens there is. Yeah people would safely predict that Goku will fight Jiren at the end but nobody knows who will knock out Frieza? What will happen to him after this? Who will get the wish? What will it be? Who are gonna be the last 5 left? Etc.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Hit is eliminated and fans need to get over it.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Bullza wrote:
gofishus wrote:It's predictable enough. U7 will win the tournament, Goku will be the last or one of the last fighters standing. Vegeta is never going to surpass Goku. Gohan will never surpass Goku. Yamcha and Tien and Krillin will all stay irrelevant. I mean even Ultra Instinct - sure its not a rage boost form but did anyone doubt that it was going to happen to anyone else but Goku? He always gets the new transformations (SSJ2 Gohan barred - that was one of my favorite segments because finally someone other than Goku was the most powerful). Like we knew Gohan wouldn't get Ultra Instinct. We know Vegeta wouldn't get it. Of course its always Goku. This is predictable. The only unpredictable character (and the one that a lot of fans are intrigued by) during this tournament is Frieza and we need more characters like that.
Nobody knows what's going happen. The whole show is unpredictable. Nobody predicted...

- A Tournament between Universe 6 and 7 coming.

- That Whis wasn't actually the #1 fighter but another character entirety, Monaka.

- That Buu would fall asleep.

- That Goku would fight first, then lose then come back in.

- The correct order and wins of the Tournament.

- Hits abilities.

- Goku jumping out the ring, then Hit doing the same.

- Most didn't know if Monaka was really a weakling or not.

- That Trunks was going to come back and we'd get a story about an evil Goku.

- Super Saiyan Rose.

- Most had no idea what was actually going on with Black's identity.

- That Trunks would actually be the one to kill Zamasu.

- That Master Roshi would be part of the Team.

- That Buu would fall asleep last minute and Frieza would replace him.

- Most didn't think Krillin would be the first to go.

- Nobody correctly predicted what Goku's new form was.

- That he would fight Jiren so early.

- That Hit would be eliminated so early.

- Nobody saw Kale and Caulifla fusing.

And so on. It is one of the most unpredictable shonens there is. Yeah people would safely predict that Goku will fight Jiren at the end but nobody knows who will knock out Frieza? What will happen to him after this? Who will get the wish? What will it be? Who are gonna be the last 5 left? Etc.
Trunks never killed or even defeated Zamasu. Zeno did both.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Bullza wrote: - Nobody saw Kale and Caulifla fusing.
Oh please. I even predicted that the girl in the Opening is not Kale but a possible fusion between them. And I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one.

I also called Krillin losing first before ToP started, so that's 2 points:

Now I want a virtual cookie :P

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Xeogran wrote:
Bullza wrote: - Nobody saw Kale and Caulifla fusing.
Oh please. I even predicted that the girl in the Opening is not Kale but a possible fusion between them. And I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one.

I also called Krillin losing first before ToP started, so that's 2 points:

Now I want a virtual cookie :P
Even after there was that image that said a new super warrior was coming in to it I don't recall seeing anyone say that it was a fusion between Kale and Caulifla. I did see people saying it was a merged between U3 robots or another form of Jiren or even a female Jiren.

And yeah probably a few thought Krillin would go first, there's only 10 options after all but going by that image most thought Tien would go first, Roshi also has more votes.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:08 pm

it would be weird if Hit was commenting

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 pm

It was a guy in Hit disguise that fought Jiren. Think of it like when Beerus fought Goku as Monaka.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:46 pm

Kanious wrote:it would be weird if Hit was commenting
I would prefer it he did.

He is basically the team leader.

Words of encouragement from him would be interesting, also, I feel like they would be able to share some of the commentary about the actual fight with him instead of just having Vados say everything.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:42 pm

HeroR wrote:
gofishus wrote:
There is a lot of assumption here.

Goku didn’t win the last tourument for his team and the heroes lost against Zamasu.
The tournament was still played perfectly straight though.

A lot of fans predicted that they would use the Zeno button to destroy Zamasu, a lot of people hoped to god they didn't, but they did. That plot eliminate was introduced halfway through that arc and people already guessed they were going to use it to end the arc and those people were right more than 10 episodes in advance. So much for unpredictabilty.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 pm

JazzMazz wrote: The tournament was still played perfectly straight though.

A lot of fans predicted that they would use the Zeno button to destroy Zamasu, a lot of people hoped to god they didn't, but they did. That plot eliminate was introduced halfway through that arc and people already guessed they were going to use it to end the arc and those people were right more than 10 episodes in advance. So much for unpredictabilty.
It was only played straight about U7 winning. But the way they won wasn't something people predicted. Most assumed Hit and Goku would do a mutual ring out and no one really saw Frost being really an evil cheater.

A lot of people did predict that, however, many thought Zen'o would just destroy Zamasu, not the entire timeline. Even the people who thought Future Trunks' timeline would be destroyed believed that all survivors would moved to the present timeline and Future Trunks and Mai would become part of the main cast. They didn't expect everyone saved for Trunks and Mai to be erased.

So fans may predict some elements from Super, but fans more often than not get it wrong, or they were wrong about certain details.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Bullza wrote:I'm sure most would have seen the theory by now that Hit actually isn't eliminated and that the Hit who we saw was eliminated and who is currently in the stands is just a clone or illusion and the real Hit is actually still somewhere in the Tournament.

Which at first I thought was nonsense but I'm finding it kinda weird now that ever since he was eliminated and with all the focus on Universe 6 and the comments from Champa, Vados, Cabba and even Fuwa in the stands, that Hit hasn't said a single word the whole time.

He hasn't said or reacted to much of anything that's happened since he's been knocked out. With him also being a major character who went out of it earlier than almost everyone expected, is there a possibility that he is still involved and will come back into it as some part of plot twist?
hit's voice actor is on vacation that's why you haven't heard hit speak since elimination

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 am

HeroR wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: The tournament was still played perfectly straight though.

It was only played straight about U7 winning. But the way they won wasn't something people predicted. Most assumed Hit and Goku would do a mutual ring out and no one really saw Frost being really an evil cheater.

A lot of people did predict that, however, many thought Zen'o would just destroy Zamasu, not the entire timeline. Even the people who thought Future Trunks' timeline would be destroyed believed that all survivors would moved to the present timeline and Future Trunks and Mai would become part of the main cast. They didn't expect everyone saved for Trunks and Mai to be erased.

So fans may predict some elements from Super, but fans more often than not get it wrong, or they were wrong about certain details.
We can predict for clearly how certain things are going to play out based on patterns and specific story elements, but we at best only have a vague idea of how things are going to play out and we can't really predict the specifics of it since it hasn't happened.
jplaya2023 wrote: hit's voice actor is on vacation that's why you haven't heard hit speak since elimination
Where did you get that tid bit?