Will Beerus Start Training after this Arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Will Beerus Start Training after this Arc?

Post by Zagacious » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:48 am

Do you think Beerus or other gods will start training after this arc? Even if Zeno isn't actually erasing everything, they are now aware that there are mortals who are around or beyond the point of being a god of destruction. They also now know that Zeno could hold tournaments in the future and erase the weakest universes at any time. This is a big incentive for the gods to train themselves, as well as start training mortals for future tournaments. Beerus is definitely intimidated by Goku reaching UI, so I think at least he will start training after this arc. I'd really like to see a full out training match with Beerus vs Whis, but I don't see it happening.

Also, do you think the other gods/angels train any of their mortals the way Whis does? Ribrianne's universe and her goddess seem to have a pretty close relationship, and it seems possible that Belmod may have trained Jiren at one point even if Jiren is now stronger than him.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Will Beerus Start Training after this Arc?

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:05 am

That would require him to acknowledge Goku is better than him, a god, and that I don't see happening..
He won't train for the simple fact of being the present god alone, Goku is being trained to take over his job after all, no point in trying to stick to his old position..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 am

Should he? Yes. If Beerus took the time to apply himself and master the Ultra Instinct ability Goku might never be able to catch up with him. Will he actually do so? Probably not. Toriyama seems to be finally coming around to the idea of Goku surpassing the Hakaishin. It's been a long time coming. If Beerus were to begin earnestly applying himself so as not to be overtaken then that idea would likely never come to fruition. The author has to intentionally limit his characters so as to allow a certain event or accomplishment to take place.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:42 am

Human levels have nothing to do with training. The human levels are based on the quality of he universes. What Beerus and Shin and the other Kaiohshin and Hakaishin need to do is develop their universes more. I don’t think the other Hakaishin have the Uktra Instinct technique because it seems like it is Beerus’s thing and the others have some other ability.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Meshack wrote:Human levels have nothing to do with training. The human levels are based on the quality of he universes. What Beerus and Shin and the other Kaiohshin and Hakaishin need to do is develop their universes more. I don’t think the other Hakaishin have the Uktra Instinct technique because it seems like it is Beerus’s thing and the others have some other ability.
Never mentioned the factor of 'mortal level' that is used to rank the tournament, if you would have read it you would see that

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Will Beerus start training? Hmm, I don't think so. If he gets surpassed by Goku, so be it
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:14 am

Zagacious wrote:
Meshack wrote:Human levels have nothing to do with training. The human levels are based on the quality of he universes. What Beerus and Shin and the other Kaiohshin and Hakaishin need to do is develop their universes more. I don’t think the other Hakaishin have the Uktra Instinct technique because it seems like it is Beerus’s thing and the others have some other ability.
Never mentioned the factor of 'mortal level' that is used to rank the tournament, if you would have read it you would see that
Zenoh was only erasing because the mortal levels are so low and it has nothing to do with power

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:47 am

Meshack wrote:
Zagacious wrote:
Zenoh was only erasing because the mortal levels are so low and it has nothing to do with power
Seeing people say that mortal level has nothing to do with strength at all is just ignorant.

The Supreme Kai for U1 and exempt Gods of Destruction have hinted several times that strength does play a part in calculating mortal level. Essentially saying that they’re not bad performances for having low mortal levels or even downplaying the fighting because of their mortal level.
How i predict the tournament will end:

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:53 am

TheOne wrote:
Meshack wrote:
Zagacious wrote:
Seeing people say that mortal level has nothing to do with strength at all is just ignorant.

The Supreme Kai for U1 and exempt Gods of Destructions have hinted serial times that strength does play a part in calculating mortal level.
Even though strength does play a part, its not the most important factor, for example, the angel from universe 5 fretted about entering the tournament from the sidelines as she thought their universe would probably be eliminated in such a contest.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:56 am

JazzMazz wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Meshack wrote: Zenoh was only erasing because the mortal levels are so low and it has nothing to do with power

The Supreme Kai for U1 and exempt Gods of Destructions have hinted serial times that strength does play a part in calculating mortal level.
Even though strength does play a part, its not the most important factor, for example, the angel from universe 5 fretted about entering the tournament from the sidelines as she thought their universe would probably be eliminated in such a contest.
Yeah I agree that it’s not all about power, but these guys are saying it has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Which is completely false.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:38 am

TheOne wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
TheOne wrote:

Yeah I agree that it’s not all about power, but these guys are saying it has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Which is completely false.
I don’t think it has nothing but it’s not the sole factor. It’s not whats most talked about in regard to mortal levels

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:That would require him to acknowledge Goku is better than him, a god, and that I don't see happening..
He won't train for the simple fact of being the present god alone, Goku is being trained to take over his job after all, no point in trying to stick to his old position..
That, or he'll train, and when prompted about it just say that he was 'in the mood'. He'll never admit out loud that Goku is or potentially could be stronger, but he's not stupid, he'll certainly notice it himself, and, not liking that fact, try to do something about it.

Personally, I hope he does train, because I like Beerus, and want for him to remain a relevant powerhouse in the series.
"I think we're gonna play with the cosmic space dragon. He's funny, but he needs better manners."

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Beerus' whole point in searching out the Super Saiyan God was finding a worthy rival and a good challenge. If Goku catches up to or surpasses Beerus I think he will start training in earnest so that he doesn't fall behind.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Someone talked about this some time ago and i agreed with him/her, so yes i guess he could start training but only if Goku surpass him.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:48 pm

they never defined what mortal level means so we don't know. We know strength plays a factor but i'll say not that big of a factor in it

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Considering Goku has attained Ultra Instinct and is getting the hang of it, I think this will provide the incentive for Beerus to master the technique himself.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:they never defined what mortal level means so we don't know. We know strength plays a factor but i'll say not that big of a factor in it
If we go by the manga, we can deduce that the mortal level refers to the average strength of mortals, collectively, in every given universe. For example, Universe 7 might have the strongest fighters, but there's only a handful of them, while the rest of the universe is weak as shit. Hence, their mortal level is so low. Universe 1 might not actually have any individual fighters stronger than Jiren or Goku, but all together, the universe has a greater quantity of strong mortals than both Universe 7 or 11.

The balance between peace, creation, and destruction seems to play a role on the evolution of mortals in the universes, so when the kaioshin and Hakaishin work together, the mortal levels become greater. Unfortunately for universe 7, Beerus and Shin don't play nice.

On topic- I don't think Beerus will train. He may want to fight Goku again though.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:36 am

Meshack wrote:
TheOne wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Even though strength does play a part, its not the most important factor, for example, the angel from universe 5 fretted about entering the tournament from the sidelines as she thought their universe would probably be eliminated in such a contest.
I don’t think it has nothing but it’s not the sole factor. It’s not whats most talked about in regard to mortal levels
You literally said it had nothing to do with power...

If that’s really how you feel, avoid using certain words please.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:28 am

FubukiFoxx wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:That would require him to acknowledge Goku is better than him, a god, and that I don't see happening..
That, or he'll train, and when prompted about it just say that he was 'in the mood'. He'll never admit out loud that Goku is or potentially could be stronger, but he's not stupid, he'll certainly notice it himself, and, not liking that fact, try to do something about it.

Personally, I hope he does train, because I like Beerus, and want for him to remain a relevant powerhouse in the series.
He already has noticed it. He practically shits himself every time Goku goes Ultra Instinct.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:40 am

TheOne wrote:
Meshack wrote:
TheOne wrote:
You literally said it had nothing to do with power...

If that’s really how you feel, avoid using certain words please.
Well, I don't think the strength of a couple of individuals is also something that necessarily raises the level of a universe, for example Beerus makes a point that Goku is dragging the level of their universe down, though of course, this could just be him having a go at Goku for accusing him of destroying stuff randomly, though I do think it goes to show intellectual merit and standing is also of some importance when determining the level of a universe.